Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #7

ambz- I heard those hammocks can be expensive, check out the price but there is also a place called Hire for baby that hires them out, they have a few places around melbourne.
    You are so lucky your parents taking bubs for the weekend I just said to Df how nice that would be.

little*princess- Not sure bout the bleeding i would presume its your period if you stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago.

Nelle- Hope the thrush is clearing up. You poor things!

Some of those hospital bills sound a bit scary! Makes me glad I went public.

Its quite a cold day here in Melb. I can't believe last week we had the 37 degree day and now I have my heater on again!

thanks shell bell ill check that place out as you can only really use the hammock for 8-12 months anyways

how come some of you ladys have to pay hospital bills?? is it cause your private? but how does that work. whats the point int being private if it costs you so much more in the end?

i went public too thank god and i dont have anything to pay

Hi just quickly. I went private and only had to pay a $200 excess and $350 of the $1500 bill for the aneasthetist(private fund paid the rest) plus about $250 for Eithan's paed, which I got all but about $10 back from medicare. So all in all my private fund pretty much covered it all. I live in Tassie so maybe the dr's here dont charge as much???

Love

Hey all, Has anyone's bubs had chest infetions? bub has had one for a couple of weeks, is on amoxil but isnt doing nothing so they sent her for a chest xray yesterday, we find out tomorrow morning if anything is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem??
    Paige is on karicare AR

I am feeling exhausted! Ashleigh has barely slept today. Df went off to local cricket and is having his drinking night out tonight so I am all on my own! Because shes so overtired she is cranky now. Have managed to settle her with her dummy, only prob it falls out every 10 mins so if she hasn't properly gone off to sleep she starts screaming again. Hopefully she'll sleep well tonight, I feel I'm about ready for bed too.

ellsbells- Hope bubs chest clears up soon. Poor little thing.

I hear you Shell about the dummy falling out - Rans said to me 'do you reckon anyone's ever sticky taped it in'? Hope Ashleigh sleeps for you tonight.

Following the dr's orders and stretching River between feeds has worked pretty well, he's been going for about 5 hours between feeds! :eek: I think because at each feed I hardly let him stop so he works quite hard and has a full stomach so is settled for the next while..although she warned that my thrush medicine could upset his tummy, so the contentedness might not last for long. We'll see. And the space between feeds is nice, cos my boobies hurt...praying this clears up soon!

Bummer on the chest infection ellsbells, hope everything's okay.

Went to the pregnancy, babies and children's expo today - am SO tired now. Riv was pretty good though. Was interesting to go, but I don't think I'd go every year...I would go if I knew what I wanted and thought I could get a good bargain, and I suppose next year Riv would be more interested in toys and stuff, but still, was good to check out and I got samples and a few other miscellaneous things

Anyway, might go grab some food, I'm starving! Hope everyone's doing really well xo

i know how you feel shell, ainsleigh was up at 5.30pm, then slept for two hours till 10am, half an hour at lunchtime and that's it. she was so exhausted that she was falling asleep as i gave her a bottle after her bath. put her down at 6pm and she crashed. wonder how long she'll sleep. she did similar yesterday and slept from 8pm till 5.30am :eek:

Ashleigh finally settled bout 9:30 last night after multiple comfort feeds and sucks on the dummy and cuddles. But then she was up for a feed at 11. But settled after that.
    After her 7am feed I put her in bed with me to play and then we both went off to sleep til 10 so I'm feeling much better this morn.

rikki- I hope Ainsleigh stayed asleep for awhile for you. Gets so exhausting and you can see how tired they are but they just keep fighting it.

Nelle- I wouldn't mind sticky taping her dummy in sometimes. I try not to use it too often cause she loses it so easily. You get anything at the expo?I went Friday. I didn't buy anything just got all the free samlpes, was way too busy for my liking at the end i just wanted to get out of there.

woo hoo! ainsleigh slept from 6pm till 5.30am.... then went back for her morning sleep at 7am and is still asleep (10am now). i can handle her being awake all afternoon if she continues this pattern. she was soooo hungry when she woke up that she scoffed 240ml, had a few spews then demanded another 60ml (and another spew ) at 6.30am. she slept like a log, but i only dozed from 2am. as i expected her to wake, i had put her in the cot down the other end of the house. she started stirring at 2am, but kept putting herself back to sleep. she is getting quite long now, so think she likes having the room. so might be bye bye bassinet for us.... i just have to get used to the fact she is so far away! (yes we have a baby monitor.... just me being an overprotective mummy!)

Hello Ladies
    Slack arse here!

Caddie - Ive had Vy on the Nan gold now for 3 days. She seems better but now her pooh has dark green through it. I have no idea about this. Ive tried the MHN 24 hours line and I was on hold for 30 mins until I cracked it and hung up. Hows Ruby and Millana going? Any 'new car' news yet?

Little P - Thanks for offering a test hon......but I had some spare in the cupboard and used one..........

Belle and Adele - great to catch up with you guys on msn the other day...I dont get on enough (caddie tells me off for not getting on)

Shell - glad I didn't go to the expo. Had contemplated it. YAY for the free samples

Chrissy - oh you lucky woman being able to go back to BB feeding. I wish mine had worked with al the trouble im having with Vy

Rikki - the $500 seems alot but as long as DH was there who cares.

Nelle - owie thrush.... that it goes away soon for you both

Jodi - we're getting needles on saturday. both Vy and Wilhelm (he's 4 yo). IM so not looking forward to it.

Charli - fingers crossed that your house sells any day.

Haven't been on cause we'rve been in the gardern all weekend. got rid of a big pile of of cut timber from our reno's. Now my grass can grown back. Had a lovely walk with Vy this morning at 7am to Bilo. Cleared the old head and gave me some energy.

better go and vaccy now

oh and by the way my test came back

NEGATIVE

can you tell im happy

Maz,the green poo is normal,its the iron in the formula that causes this.I have been told by a nurse anda phamlet on formula and constipation.
    Glad its negative by the way!!!
    Well i was up half the night watching telethon,Ruby behaved herself and had 4hr stints between feeds and slept too.
    We went to mandurah this morning and let millana play in the playequip. Ruby slept the whole time and now hubby is cursing trying to put shelving up.
    Going to mums house for fish and chips as its my sisters bday today.Mine is next week,the big 30.
    Rikki your so lucky for ansleighs long sleep! Im green with envy.
    I have to get millana out of the cot before ruby can get in.Im DREADING it as it will have to be done soon.

When is the big day Caddie? You have to let us know.
    Thanks re the green poo aswell Caddie..what the hell would I do with out you hon?
    I was going nuts from going from constipation to dark green poo...AHHHHH
    I must say she sleeps so much better now on this formula. She's actually sleeping during the day so I can get things done. Gotta kiss you for all your supurbe advise Caddie.
    Are you hiding again Belle?? I can see you...hehehehe
    xxmaz

Hi All

Glad about the test result MAz..

Will be on tomorrow to say howdy and do some more personals.. very tired today! Hopefully Alexander will sleep better tonight

xoxo

hey girls,

what a night last night riley didnt sleep again. when it was morning i went to wake simon and coped an ear full for waking him. I dont know what i did worry apart from waking him. Then the $hit the fan i went off my tree and i had him in tears then i found out that he has been to the dr's cause he felt like he wasnt coping and was told that he has PND.

So it looks like im going it alone for a while till he has sorted himself out.

Belle - thats cool i fell asleep on the lounge after feeding riley and giving akira her tea lol I was off my head on my pain killers lol.

littlep - sounds like it might be your period.

Nelle- sorry to hear that you are both have thrush hope it clears up soon.

Maz- It was fun to catch up on msn we should do it more often. Congrats on your test to i bet your heart is back beating normally again

Well girls im off for the night will be back in the morning.

hope you all have a good night.

Adele

Just a quicky to say
    Good morning
    Have to go to gf for play date
    later
    xxmaz

I had a pretty good weekend. Nina was a bit sooky and cranky from her needles on Friday, but slept pretty good at night. A couple of weeks ago she was sleeping through the night, now she's waking once or twice for a feed!! I've stopped giving her the formula at night as she seemed to be too hypo from, and it has settled her down a lot. Last night she slept pretty good, only waking at 4am for a feed, and is still asleep now. We were busy having a huge clean-out of the garage and the yard over the weekend. I have to clean up inside now as we have relatives coming next week.

ellsbells - How did the ultrasound go with Paige, is the chest infection clearing up?

rikki - That's great that Ainsleigh is sleeping well. You'll have to give me some tips, Nina was sleeping through but now wakes once or twice for a feed.

Maz - woohoo on the negative HPT!!!

caddie - Happy Birthday for this Friday if I forget!! What have you got planned for it?

little*p - How did Alexander sleep last night, hope he gave you a rest.

aboll - sorry to hear that Simon has PND. If you ever want to chat, I'm on msn as well. Hope all goes well for you both.

Adele- I hope Simon works things out with the PND, try to look after yourself also as you could also end up feeling depressed trying to do everything alone. Have you got any family that maybe could come over for the night and give you the night off to just get a decent nights sleep?

Ashleigh is taking longer each night to settle, I've read in a few books with most babies they get more unsettled each week and then it peaks at 6 weeks and then starts to decrease again. So far this seems to be the case with Ashleigh. Last night I decided to go to sleep at 8:30 but Ashleigh had other plans. She was on the boob often, finally after a good feed at 11:45 she slept til 4:40 then again til 8:15.

I've decided in the day to just give up trying to get her to sleep in her bassinet. She will fall asleep in her bouncer and I used to try to transfer her to the bassinet but she'd wake up and not go back to sleep. So I'm just going to let her sleep wherever she wants. I only tried otherwise cause all the "advice" about them getting into bad habits but I think most important thing is that she gets some sleep and then if she's not so overtired she may settle better at night.

I was so mad yesterday! The friggin next door neighbours came over to see the baby again and the 7 and 8 yr old wanted to take turns holding her.I let them have a hold but told the mother we are going out for tea and need to get ready.Ruby was due for a sleep and got tired and cranky and started crying,the stupid woman said to the little girls just hold her and she will settle,she didnt and ruby was getting way upset so i took ruby off them and said im going to change her hoping theyd get the drift.Ruby calmed down once with me and once changed i then gave her to hubby so they couldnt touch her again.The stupid woman then went and took her off my hubby!!! I was spittin it and aaron was spittin it at me because he was no help whatsoever.I ended up barking orders to get ready and they wouldnt leave until we left our own house to go out.It spoilt the whole arvo for me as i was stressed and annoyed still and too top it off ruby didnt sleep till 9pm that night and was cluster feeding and crying whilst we were at mum and dads.
    Then aaron and i had an argument when we got home.I asked him to turn on a lamp like it was a huge thing to ask!!! He then proceeded to throw in my face that he helps me heaps and i dont appreciate it and blah,blah. I could have punched him out!! They dont realise that we need emotional support,not just physical help but im ungrateful apparently.
    Thankgod hes gone to work and the neighbours kids are at school.A day of friggin peace.
    Sorry to whinge,have no one else!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast