Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #7

merrie Guest

Oh and speaking of clothing sizes Harriet it still in 0000 my tiny little girl!

Is she still the yourngest in the group?

Nelle- thats what Df and I need a date night or something. We don't argue too often but our relationship is sort of put on the back burner cause now everything revolves around Ashleigh. And I think too with us we don't think about how hard a job each one is doing, I always think I have the harder job and he should do more but he sees that he does plenty. Next week I'm planning to start combining breast and bottle feeding so then we can have a date or something nice.

merrie- Good to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing well. Hope you sort out the breast feeding probs.

I don't have much to report, things going much the same here. We've got an appt with MCHN at 3pm this arvo then I'm going to the shops to buy my junk food craving. I don't know what it is but I seriously crave sugar, I've always had a sweet tooth but its getting ridiculous, I wonder if this is how smokers feel like when they don't have ciggarette's.

Hello September Mummies and Bubs!

I've been very slack with posting but was just on catching up on everyone's news and saw Belle's post.

Look after yourself Belle Motherhood can be very rough and so frustrating when bubs is unsettled and you feel like you can't do anything to help them. You just have to try and remember that you're doing your best. Take care and know that everyone in this forum is here to support you

Sorry I dissappeared last night off MSN - it gets a bit hectic in our house around that time

Hope everyone is having a great day!

hello ladies

another sleepless night!
    from 12 midnight till about 8am savanna would not sleep she just kept waking up and crying. i am soooo tired
    finally she slept from 8am till 11:30am
    steve gave her a bottle and was going to keep her busy while i had a small sleep but of course i could not get back to bed. so here i am still awake
    i just put her down before and she is already awake grizzling in her cot!
    im going to get the hammock asap. hopefully today or tomorrow and see if that does anything good for her sleeping. fingers crossed

luv ambz

Belle,im always thinking of you but never get the chance to catch up proper.My house has been a nightmare with ruby always crying lately.Its her wind and farts they are really painful for her so on the advice of nurse im going to change to s26.It never ends.
    This morning i had to go outside as she was up at 5am crying and she settle at 930am.She was also doing 80ml feed and falling asleep and then 5min later waaaaa. Drove me bananas.
    On a lighter note she has reached the 4kg mark and has grown 6 cm from birth so is now 53cm.I have to get her to do exercises and make her turn her head to the left as she favours the right and her skull is flat.If it doesnt improve she will need physio.Nothing to worry bout though.
    Maz! march your arse back here! Where are you.
    Rikki? you didnt go to garden city yesterday?
    Me,the big 30 tommorow.I get to go out to dinner with hubby to a fancy arse restaurant.Hope there is something there for hubby as i seen camel,croc,quail,duck,seafood,wilderbeeste. I wanted something memeorable!

belle - big hugs to you hun. motherhood is such an emotional roller coaster isnt it?
    i have my moments when i just ball my eyes out cause savanna wont settle and sleep.
    hubby works night so he leaves at about 1am for work. im left alone with bubs. and sometimes she just wont sleep at all through till the morning. i get so worked up and cry my eyes out. i go frantic sending hubby text messages just to let the feelings out. when that doesnt work i ring him bawling my eyes out to him. the poor darling cant really do anything. i dont show my real emotions to anyone but him so he cops it all. i cant be pretty horrible to him.
    she has her days when she sleeps well but then she has her really bad days too and these are the days that really challenge me as a new mummy.

sometimes when im in this state i question why i had a baby and keep telling myself i cant do this anymore its soooo hard. i guess its all normal kinda emotions though.
    im sending a hugeeee bigggg hug to you to let you know your not alone in what your going through. i hope julia settles soon and gives you some happy time

luv ambz

caddie - hope you have a great day tomorrow. I should be on tomorrow so I'll wish you happy birthday then.

Merrie - yep, Harriett is the youngest ... and smallest I think! Hope the breastfeeding issues get better soon. What problems are you having?

nelle - I like that 'thought of the day'. Keep em coming!!! Heath & I have been trying to make time for ourselves, it's so hard juggling motherhood & being a wife.

Not much happening here today. Just went to 'kids in harmony' which was alright, except they want $50 for a term, which is only 6 weeks. I can do all that stuff at home.

hey girls,

what a day it has been to long for my liking lol. riley had an alright night sort off he was sleeping for 2hrs so im not complaining to much lol. But akira on the other hand was up at 4am. I wasnt happy with her.

belle- glad to see that you have posted again. take it easy and just rest and dont listen to what jeffery has to say he doesnt know what it is like.

charli - know how you feel mate. I have screamed and yelled at simon and nothing gets done. he just sits on his fat arse and does nothing to help.

well im outta here going to lay down as i have a headache again grrr.

Seeya

Adele
    Last edited by aboll; October 26th, 2006 at 04:00 PM.

Hi yummy mummies!

Belle - Sending lots of hugs to you hon... do what you have to do to survive being a new mum and just remember that we are all here for you whenever you need us. Oh, and feel free to phone if you ever wanna chat!

Jodi_Lee - Yikers. That's damn pricey! I want to start Xander on swimming lessons soon, but I haven't priced it yet... lets hope it isn't that expensive!

Caddie - Xander has the flat head thing too!!! Not a good look, but he has finally started turning it by himself this week, so hopefully it should start to improve without needing a physio.

Merrie - Harriet is so teeeny! How sweet... I miss my tiny baby. But I do love how as he is growing he is starting to do so many new things.

LOL at Nelle for her wonderful thought of the day - I was just saying to DH last night how we needed to get away from bubs for a night to remember who we both are. It is so hard trying to raise a baby to have his own identity and yet retain my own identity at the same time! Xander *almost* rolled this morning... tho I think it was more of a case of being off balance from lifting his head too high (hehe)

Rikki - How was the chiro?

Not much to report from me... Xander is just such a cutie. He's a bit of a grizzly bubba, but so smiley at the same time. I am loving how nowadays he interacts with people instead of just staring blankly everywhere. I really don't think it is going to be long before we get out first giggle out of him, he already coos when smiling.

Charli - I just wanted to say *DITTO* to your vent! I feel exactly the same way! I really don't know what to offer in the way of advise as I'm having the same drama over here.

Hope your headache goes Adele

HI all

Belle - Thinking of you.. Hope that thinhs work out for you .. When i had DD i started crying on day 3 and didnt stop for 8 weeks until i asked for help.. its a very stressful and emotional time xoxo

i am going to pick up some pixi photos tonight! Cant wait i hope that they are nice!

xoxo

oh --- i forgot to mention --- Alexander giggled today! He was smiling and doing this funny snort thing.. it was so cute i think it was a giggle!
    Last edited by Trillian; October 26th, 2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

how cute. riley has been laughing at his feet lol i guess he finds them funnny lol

oh yeah with this kk xmas thing are we doing it for mum and bubs or just bubs.

Good question Adele

Anna I know what you mean about the blank staring, Rans complains 'he's so boring!' I think he's really looking fwd to when River smiles.

And as for the messy house - amen to that! I am trying to get it okay looking for when our mates come over for dinner tonight! (that might mean chucking everything in a cupboard somewhere )

I *think* I've settled Mr. Wakey over here, by patting him firmly in beat with my heart...read that in the notes the MCHN gave me...guess it might remind them of the womb? Well, I don't care why it worked, as long as it stays worked!
    At least I got the time to pop a load of washing on...pretty sad that I only got around to it at 4:30pm!!

Hope everyone's doing well. xo

all backfrom our weekend away and well but will get into it when jase isn't around and can't read what I write

other than that Jack is doing great I can't beleive he turned a month ol dyesterday :eek: where the heck did the time go

Rach75- Looking forward to hearing bout your weekend, sounds like a bit of drama!

ambz- i hope the hammock works for you, I know for friends of Df it worked a treat.

Nelle- I sit Ashleigh in her bouncer and just rock it with my foot so evrytime she looks like she is gonna wake and carry on again I get in first and quickly rock it! They love anything that is like the womb.

little*princess- I can't wait til Ashleigh giggles, I don't think it'll be too far off cause she's making more and more new noises, she's been smiling since a few days old!

caddie- I hope Ruby's wind settles. Ashleigh sometimes will take forever to feed cause all her farts are hurting her tummy and she struggles to push them out. She gets upset cause she's hungry yet needs to get out the wind first.

We just got back from MCHN, Ashleigh is now 4.45kg and 56cm long. She's putting on weight nicely. All the rest of her check was fine, the nurse was impressed with how strong her neck muscles are.
    I start mothers group next Tues so that'll be good. Hopefully the mothers will be a nice group of people.

shell - good to hear about Ashleigh's weight gain! She is putting on weight nicely isn't she.

rach - can't wait to hear about the weekend! At least you've got people to b***h to!!!

Charli - Such a beautiful poem.. thanks for linking it i might not have found it to read!

Shell - Asleigh is growing great guns! Hope that you enjoy your mother group next Tuesday. I started one with DD when she was 6 weeks old and 8 of us girls stil meet every Monday for a coffee & Chat they are my best friends !!

Rach - sounds like you had an interesting weekend! Glad Jack is wonderful ..

Nelle - Before you knbow it Rans wont be compaining when River starts to crawl around everywhere! Rans will be looking for some peace and quiet and wonder where the time went!

Belle, Maz, Chrisy, Anna**, AnnaT, Rikki ( love your new picture! ) Jodi, Aboll, and everyone else HELLO !!! Hope that you all have a wonderful night!

xoxo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast