Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #83

Default Babies Born September 2006 #83

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

I have the worst snotty nose out!!!!
    Well I had the pleasure of meeting the Devine miss Bel yesterday and the ever so gorgeous Julia Goolia! We took pics but we couldnt stop smiling so much that everytime the flash went of we were blinking. Time went far to quickly. Will put some pics in the gallery later but have to have my ob's appointment, blow my nose and try to make myself look as respectable as possible with the 4 hours sleep ive had. I swear this baby does the mambo everynight. pmsl
    Anna - honey if your lurking im gonna try my butt of to ring you today.
    BBL have a little girl who's a grumble bum
    Oh Kell - im gonna go to spotlight today...my brains been working over time

Good morning.
    Thanks Chloe for starting the new thread with the link! So much easier.

Mice ugh!!!

Nelle - I have 2 sisters aged 29 and 25. We live all over the place, so it is great when we can have a proper catch up. Also the middle sis is getting married in March, so we got to have a good chat about wedding plans as well.
    Pricilla was great. We really enjoyed it. For the most part it stuck fairly closely with the movie. Also Michael Caton was in it, and he was really good.

maz and Belle - glad you had a good time together. Oh, and i have showed so many people the santa nappy cover and they love it!!!

Not much happening her today. We were going to go into the city for Santa photo's, but Tim got flogged at work last night, and only had about 15 mins sleep. So he is tucked up in bed at the moment. He prob won't emerge till some time this arvo.

well I am here missed heaps too tired to post much we have done just on 2000kms of driving since we picked up the car sat week back can you say *yawn*

congrats Belle.........

well my TTC isn't going so well, had a scan for follicles on thurs was supposed to see him tues but couldn't get to rocky or a appoint anyway instead of seeing some follicles he saw none nor did he see a copeous lutum to show O had already happened anyway lining was very thick so he suspects a A/O cycle and for me to be patient as cycle will be long and my period will be very heavy anbd possibly painful anyway am having b/t tomorrow to check this is correct he will then decided what action to take, ie increasing clomid dosage etc, Jase and I have made the decision we will only do clomid or injections we will not step into IUI or IVF we are happy with Jack and our angle Katy and if this is what is meant to be we will be fine with it

Rach I am praying for good results for you.

Rach- :hugs:, is it possible you just might have not O'd yet? I don't know much bout all this but I hope you do work something out with the fertility spec.

Meg- That sounds like fun, you gonna check out the windows and all that too? My sister and I are still planning to at some stage. And don't worry bout James, the only word Ashleigh really says is "ball" everything else is "dadda" occasionally she may copy us if we say something a few times to her.

Maz- Thats great you and Belle had such a great time. I'll have to check out the pics, did you have the matching outfits on the girls?

Kell- Ahh mice, yuck, we been getting ****raches lately, well when the hot weather was here we got quite a few, I hate all yucky critchy crawly things. That reminds me last time I freaked out that there was something crawling along the floor, got Df to get it and it turned out to be just a leaf! I was sure it had legs and was moving.

Nelle- I'll be able to remember Ashleigh's christening day now that its on your birthady so next year I'll remember to light her candle.

AnnaT- I hope you don't leave for ever, I did see your post and I didn't take any offence to it at all, I just saw it as your opinion like everyone on here usually voices an opinion at some time or another. Anyways hope to see you back in here.

Jodi- I don't see why you couldn't start now with teaching Nina numbers and letters, see if she is interested, make songs out of it. It won't do any harm and you never know what she might pick up.

Oohh gotta go my sister is nearly at the station waiting for me to get her and I'm still not dressed! BBL.

thanks girls

shell there were no follicles so even if I hadn't O'd there would be some.......no idea what is going on my temps are high high way to high

rach - praying for good results for you. You must be exhausted from all that driving. I'm dreading the drive from here to Brissy next month.

bel/maz - how much fun would that have been for you both to catch up! I'll keep an eye out for some piccies.

Just a quick one from me ATM, just got back from swimming with Nina. I've updated Nina's website (finally!) and put a video of Nina swimming yesterday. I'm not sure that it works ok though, so can someone let me know.
    bbs once I've showered and eaten. I'm starving!

ETA: I just weighed myself and I'm 2kg less than what I was when I found out I was pg. I thought I'd start putting on weight now that I've got a belly??
    Last edited by Visitor7; November 26th, 2007 at 10:33 AM.

thanks jodi

about to put some pics of me and my neice in my gallery

Don't bother weighing yourself Jodi, it'll just cause you to worry! I lose my appetite quite a bit in the first tri (never really got it back actually!) so perhaps that's it? Just not as hungry? Or perhaps you're burning more energy? I'd go more by how healthy you're feeling.

Kell mice! Eek! Hope they're gone by the time you get back! Have fun away!

Glad you had fun Maz and Belle! (Maz, your moolah's through by the way!)

Well, think it's lunchtime for River, and I need to pee. Hope everyone's enjoying their day! How's all the moving going Helen?

Jodi - Your metabolism actually speeds up during pregnancy, your body is working quite hard to grow that beautiful bubba... if you are using more kilojoules than you are eating, then you will lose a little. I wouldn't worry tho, I'm sure the weight will come on soon enough.

Blah... does anyone have any "cures" for chronic insomnia? I've tried camomile tea, lavender oils, passionflower tea, horlicks, warm milk (yuck), a glass of wine, and a warm bath. I really do not want to take tamazepam etc as I hate how it makes me feels the next day, and they don't always work for me anyway. I've just bought some valerian supplements to try for a few nights. I'm so desperate for sleep! Last night I didn't sleep a wink... again.

Maz & Belle - SO wish I coulda been there for the meet up, I'm on the wrong side of the country! Bel, how is Julias' ears now?

Anna, I had insomnia something wicked when I first got pregnant, and the local health food shop sold me some Brauer's Sleep & Insomnia relief - I got the spray one, which you spray under your tongue - it's a homeopathic remedy, so don't eat at the same time or anything! It worked for me, helped me to get my patterns back to normal, and still helps if I'm awake and find my mind is racing. Hopefully it will work for you too!

Riv's down for a nap, so I might just have a bit of a play of my new game...

Hope everything works out good for you rach! You desrve another sweet baby to hold.Fingers crossed!
    Annat no offence taken here either.Everyone is entitiled to their opinion and we have known you for a long time so would hate to see you go.
    Maz sent vy's canvas today! Hope she likes it.
    Belle and maz thats nice you could both catch up! I bet the girls had a great time and cant wait to see the pics!
    Ruby is getting better slowly.Still up and down but for the first time ever she slept through.Millana and i have the coughs.I think my AB'S are working wonders because my cold is chesty and at least the abs killed the germs. Ruby eating small amounts but not having bottles.Is that because of the ear infect?
    Ness that stuff you put me on is a miracle! Millana's spottys are almost gone!! Just some scarring and a few spots to go! Is miss annika ok now after her glass bauble eating?
    Millana is 3 on thurs!! Getting so big my no1 baby.
    Umm will have to read personals again later,im having a coughing fit.Need water.lol

anna - I too have tried that Insomnia Relief nelle is referring to, and it helped me. Apart from that, and everything else you've tried, I'm not sure what other natural remedies you could try.

caddie - that's great news that Ruby is getting better, and actually slept through! All you need now is for you and Millana to get better. Whenever Nina is sick or has an infection, milk is the last thing she wants. She'll usually go off her food and milk completely, then when she's getting better she'll start eating small amounts, but won't want her bottle.
    Is Millana getting a b'day party this weekend?

Thanks nelle & anna, I figured probably nothing to worry about.

Hi ya girls
    not having a very good day here...had horribel (yet again) ob's appointment (check my pg journal) and Wilhelm has been in the worst mood ever!!!! I am just over alot today so please forgive me for being so self posted at the moment. I have the worst headache (my BP no doubt) and I just had a shooting match with a 5 year old!!! ahhh
    GOing to have a coffee...god I wished I still smoked some days!!!!

Poor maz - well tomorrow is a new day, and today is nearly over.

Jodi I was just in Coles and they have very colourful board books all about counting. Maybe start with that?

Anna - I have been using Rescue Remedy. You get it at the chemist and it is all natural. That has been working a treat for me. Nice and calming, but also helps with sleep. I have been using it as I am now off my antidepressants. But it is great for sleep too.

Maz - just popping in from my inlaws place in Melb to see how you went? sms me when feeling better hon, it was so lovely to meet you and Vy and your family!!! thank you so much for having us.

We arrived safely in Melb today and are staying at the inlaws for a while this week, all is going well so far Julia is getting better, but ive got worse and had to get antibiotics at the doc today and totally lost my voice, they said its ok to take keflex when u are pregnant is that correct? Im going to ring my ob tomorrow, but hard to do atm as we havent told anyone about the pregnancy iykwim. Did a 2nd test this arvo and the 2nd line is dark as so im happy!!!

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes, shall have to catchup on all your news and post more tomorrow after we go shopping!

Hugs to everyone.

Bel
    xxx

Hello all! Hope youve had a good day.

For those who are interested, Annat is in possible labour. I received an sms from her today saying she went in and is having more contractions. Also thinks her waters have broken, was waiting for tests. So hopefully everything is ok with her and bubs.

Maz.. ooow whats that brain been congering up missy?? Wanna see those photos! Glad you two had a good time. Oh hun sorry to hear youve had a bit of a crappy day. Hope the kids are in bed now and you can relax. Jesse's been in a mood all day too so i kinda know how you feel.

Rach.. oh im sorry. I hope things start to pick up for y ou soon.

Shell.. haha thats something i would do too! I jump over the tiniest things. OMG i hope he gets tose mice!! i dont think i could live in that house with them there!!

Anna**.. sorry to hear youre going through a rough time. Only thing that makes me sleepy when i really wanna be is a warm milo, a doona, a couch and a movie. You just need to relax and take your mind off everything.. get into the movie. I hope tonights better for you.

So, we are at mum and dads. Jesse is asleep hooorayy! took a little big of crying for him to nod off but i think he was over tired, not in his own bed, different room etc. Hopefully he sleeps well and doesnt wake me in the middle of the night (we're in the same room).
    Off to have a cuppa and cake hehe... gotta love mum!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast