Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #92

Maz - isn't it awesome doing the feeding lying in bed? I just loved it. I fed J that way when I was feeding during the night or the morning. (Too lazy to get up!!) it was great. Sometimes we would all fall back asleep. It was great.

Hope that everybody had a great weekend and got to do some fun activities with your babies!

We are about to start toliet training! We have a potty and Tiana will sit on it (with clothes on anyway) and we get excited and clap and she gets a sticker. She looks really proud when we are telling her how clever she is! Any tips anyone? We have gotten this far but I dont want to push her too quickly?

Night everyone - hoping for 8 hours sleep.

J was really doing well and doing wees on the potty. Now he seems to have lost interest. So I have put it away for a while and will come back to it at a later time,

those of you with boys who have started TT what do you do I dont want to use a potty so am going to get a insert for toilet seat but seriously i have no idea where to start

I have seen them. They look alright. Have to wait till they are a bit older for them anyway.

Im not even gonna go there with toilet training with Jesse until next summer (warmer months are usually best to start). He has no clue atm, he will come to me once hes done a poo in his nappy but not before so im not going to push it at all.. i wanna do it when hes ready. When the time comes though, im going to get one of those child seats that go on the toilet and have the steps up to the seat also. You can get them at bigw, kmart, target etc. I want him to learn to use the toilet from word go so i dont have to introduce something else into the whole toilet training thing once he's got it down packed.
    Good luck for those who are starting early

the only reason I asked is Jack is constantly trying to take off his nappy even when under rompers or overalls he can get it un-done

Ash has a potty which she enjoys sitting on but only as a chair, never does anything! I'm waiting too til summer, at least by then I should be able to explain to her what we are doing and then shouldn't take long. But if I tried to start now I think it would just take way to long for her to catch on.

Maz- I loved those moments, I still miss BFing. You going ok with Jed being back at work?

Nelle- Don't push yourself to being doing things, rest until you feel 100% better, keep up fluids and early nights for you.

Meg- Where is your holiday house? You've prolly said but I can't remember. You'll have to take me with you nest time!

Tiana spends most of her time taking her nappy off! I tried the seat on the toilet but she is scared of it but loves to sit on the potty. If it doesnt work I will stop but she knows what it is all about so I will give it a go.

*Nessa* Guest

Annika also loves to take her nappy off but so did Teleah at this age and she was not ready fro TT til she was 2 1/2. When i tried early it resulted in alot of frustration.
    I will show annika a potty seat and thats about it til next summer. I will let her show me the way.

I think the whole taking off the nappy atm is cause they can, pure and simple same as doing anything else we tell them not to. I dont htink they would be very comy wither to be honest specially in the summer and children like to be free.

caity sits on her potty everyday before and after shower/bath time, and she always fills her potty, but thats all the training i am doing untill next summer as it is still to early, we dont use spossies here, only cloth and i only have snap ones and she doesnt take them off, but with the velcro cloth she just pulls them straight off.

I'm with everyone else on the tt thing. Nina gets lots of nappy free time ATM as it's too hot to have a nappy on her. I've even gone back to cloth occassionally just becuase it's too hot for disposables. Nina is starting to get familiar with wees and poos. She knows when she's going to do a wee, and lets us know. But she only tells us of her poos once they're done. She also knows that the potty is for wees, and when she sees it, she says 'wee'.

How are things going with everyone today? Hopefully today will be a better day for everyone.
    Nessa, I had a look at your belly pic, and I must say, I'm very jealous that you have such a small belly! I showed Heath last night your pic, and he looked at it and said, '****, where is the baby!!!' How are you and DH going? Were you able to have a chat last night about things? Not long to go now till number 3 arrives!
    maz - how are you going now that jed is back at work? I remember feeling that same way about b/f as you are. I always fed Nina in bed at nights or in the mornings. It was such a special time between us.
    belle - thanks for the chat yesterday. It was good to finally catch up with you. Hopefully you can find a place that's suitable for you both, and something that's not too expensive either.
    nelle - How are you going? Are you getting ready for number 2? I can't believe how quickly all of these pregnancies are going.
    shell - how is work going, and how is Ash going? Are you still thinking of ttc later in the year?
    rach - how is everything going with your ttc journey? Where are you up to with it?

I know I've forgotten a few, but Nina is annoying me with a baby book. She wants me to show her all the pictures of babies.
    bbl.

Hey girls, just to let you know I am on the internet again...move went okay just feeling overwhelmed with all the unpacking, etc...and Rylee is unsettled with all that is going on, poor kid,I feel guilty that I am unpacking boxes and not spending time with her.......

Anyway, enough about me, Ness and Belle - hugs to you with your rship issues, it is so tough isn't it....I just hope it is a phase that you guys are going through and you will come out stronger on the other side. Ambz and AnnaT - you guys are doing a great job, I am really nervous about how I will cope with another one and I think that I am being stupid as a lot of my friends have more than one wonder why some days I can only cope with one iykwim....

Anyway, girls, hugs to you all.
    Laurinxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    rach - how is everything going with your ttc journey? Where are you up to with it?
    first up well lets just say I am with my cycle cd35 no sign of AF but FF hasn't given me a coverline eithermy chart is in my sig if anyone knows anything boutthem

2nd all you girls and it so hot, jack and my little girl are both in long sleeves and lobg pants both had socks or slippers yesterday, it was dark cold and rainy all day yesterday, today is rainy, was dark and cold but has got a little warmer in the last hr or so

I dont want to TT Jack yet but more wanted ideas on how to start interest in it etc, I did sit him on the big toilet last night and he was very excited but he did nearly fall in

Rach- I've been checking out your chart, it is bit confusing, I can't pinpoint either when you O'd, cause you had the O'tion pain on day 13 but from temps you get that rise round day 23 altho FF haven't charted it then. Do you use OPK? Maybe start using them to help you pinpoint it better?
    As for the interest in TT, we just let Ash see us on the toilet and I show her bout wiping and flushing and washing our hands so she has an interest and when the time comes she'll have seen it so understand.

Laurin- Moving is stressful and I'd say from different country even more so! Once you are all settled and unpacked you'll feel alot better. And don't worry you aren't the only one worried bout coping with more than one, I worry bout it often, I know when the time comes we'll just do what we need to do but it is a scary thought.

Jodi- Yeah, we'll prolly start ttc in August, I'm gonna be a bridesmaid in July then gotta hve my 30th at start August so after all that we can start going for it. Ash loves her baby book too, constantly points and says 'bubba'.

Ash is meant to be getting a good sleep cause we have mums group this arvo but she is up there playng at the moment. Oh and I found out today she absolutely loves cruskits with cream cheese so at least there is something she will eat! I realise the only finger food she will eat is crunchy food, she'll eat toast but no way will she eat bread, likes crackers, all that sort of thing.

I swore I O'd cd13 the pain was incredible, I dont use OPK's cause normally I have a scan on cd12 to pinpoint when O should occur but RE was on holidays during Jan so juts wait and see I suppose, I am so tired, have shocking headache and if I dont eat uke:

Just popping in, cos Riv finally fell asleep after Playgroup (mum took him, playgroup was her idea!) and it's occurred to me that now is the perfect time to FINALLY have my shower!

Hey good to see you pop in Jodi! You, Chrissy and Kelly sure are speeding along in your pregnancies! Yikes!

All this TT talk is interesting, we're far too lazy here, I suppose I'll get a potty at some stage, but we don't have heaps of room for one, maybe in the kitchen if Rans ever gets rid of the second fridge...
    Maybe I'll wait for Riv to start walking first.

Hope you settle in quickly Laurin.

Right, best clean myself off hey!

Have you tested at all rach? Are your cycles usually this long?

Yes nelle, best you have a shower, I can smell you from my place.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast