1234 ...

thread: Babies Born September 2007 #10

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

Hehe Arte, I only put that article up today - we change them at the start of every month, so Im glad the timing was good for you. Ouchies at the twisting though, fingers crossed that's a habit he stops sooner rather than later.

It is really fun to have Christmas now. Even though Dh hates Christmas with a passion, the kids make it fun again. But it is hard to avoid all the consumerism about it and teach them now they are older that it isn't just about presents - not that we are religious at all - but rather that it is a time for family and enjoying what you have and not what you get kwim?

Oct 2006

hey all
    i agree with what everyones saying about that hot pic sherie!!!
    Asha got her jumperoo today and its great!!! she looks so small in it lol she will get alot of use out of it.. is she young for a baby to be holding her head up? because the instructions say that as long as she can hold her head up its fine to have her in there but even on the lowest setting i need to put a dictionary under her feet so she can reach lol and shes not short for her age lol... anyways must post pics of her in it later coz its adorable... she really enjoys the bouncing and the music
    still feeling really down cant seem to shake it... i am alone again today after our christmas thing in wollongong we have come home and dp is in bed.. sigh, he has the flue and we will undoubtably all have it soon but that being the case i dnt get my night off from washing up or tidying or the night feeds.. i am sooo lonly i feel like i might as well kick dp out and do it on my own coz it wouldnt make any difference anyway... and i bet if i get this flue its not like i will get to just go to bed.. sometimes i dnt think he understands how hard it is to do everything... though he is sick and i am probably just being a b**ch
    sorry about the selfsih post

May 2007
    Brisbane

hello ladies! hope everyone's having a good w/end. sorry, been reading but not posting. and i've now forgotten what i was going to say on personals.

tks for whoever mentioned the myer sale. went to target to get max playmat but didn't like the one i saw. got one at myer instead...lamaze. have tried her on it and she enjoyed it. had a pretty big day...5 hours...almost in the mall. got photo taken w/ santa (hav posted in gallery)...she was asleep and got woken up so not smiley. went to baby massage session this morning...not sure she liked it but wil give it a try.

ok...gotta go...watching "elf" on tv...saw "santa clause" last night...really getting into xmas spirit...but stressing on xmas pressies....hard to think of what to give.

May 2007
    Brisbane

chin up noni! have to say that what u've written sounds familiar. left max w/ dp for about half hour while i showered etc and she was being fussy....wouldn't settle for at least 20 mins...crying...loudly...for about 10....dp breathed huge sigh of relief when she finally settled...and i told him "see what i have to go through every day?"...made him realize how hard it is for me daily.

Oct 2006

fianne - georgeous pic!!! Asha wont settle well with dp lately if she is upset i think its because i just spend so much time with her ive learn how to settle her better and shes used to me... she gives him huge smiles when he gets home from work though like she misses him... i get upset about it because he gets more smiles than me (petty i know) he said i should be happy because she settles better for me.. but i just thought to myself thats great you get smiley and i get screamy!!! i organised all of Ashas clothes yesterday and i showed dp this morning when we were getting ready and he actually said "why are you telling me" i was like so you know where things are, he said " oh i thought you were asking me to dress her or something" gosh god forbid i ask him to do something.. ahhh i know he works hard and nightshift is hard but what i do is hard to and i have no break i dnt even get a break when i sleep because she wakes up to come to bed with me... i dnt know what to do anymore i never imagined myself so unhappy once id had her

May 2007
    Brisbane

:hugs:noni, with the smiles...think of how asha wil smile for anyone at this stage...it's more like the copycat response at the moment...sort of involuntary...i think...whereas in being able to settle her...it's coz' she's more comfortable with you...this is more precious...i think you need to put your foot down, go out and spend at least an hour of "me" time....alone....when dp's off work (day off)...hopefully once he's had solo time w/ asha, he'd appreciate what you go through better...and after you've had time away from asha...you'll come back realising how much you've missed her. :hugs:

Oct 2006

thanks fianne dp has the weekend off but he has the flue i dnt really want to be by mysef iykwim? i am really lonly i dnt have friends or anything so dp is it and now hes not really able to help or spend time with me i am really lonly.. i'm really bad in new social situations too so meeting new ppl is super hard... i am just a winger i am sure its not as bad as i feel it is i jst hope this isnt bipolar coming back to bite me in the a$$ coz i havnt had trouble with it for a while now but not feeling so good lately
    Last edited by *noni*e*; December 1st, 2007 at 10:32 PM.

May 2007
    Brisbane

noni, sorry can't help you with bipolar since i know absolutely nothing about it. but i think that you've got a right to have down moments...as i do too...we've been through a lot...and still going through more each day.

i think hayley had suggested mother's groups? have you given that a try? i'm a pretty friendly person but not very good in group situations...prefer one on ones....and not very good at "starting" friendships either...which is why i'm so comfy here in bb....but in saying that, i've found myself in your situation and realized what a difference it makes to be out and about...which is why i've finally booked to see chn (even though there's nothing wrong with max and i've already seen gp and paid $200 to see a paediatrician) just so i can get myself into a mother's group or whatever the health centres can offer. i've also gone to a physio class (just like aerobics) at rbwh last tuesday. this is just mothers trying to keep fit...you bring your baby and leave them on mats at the front of the room so you can keep an eye on them...i've never done aerobics and i'm not coordinated enough for it but i figured, i'll keep going just to keep the acquaintances i've made.

oh, and don't say you don't have friends coz' i'm sure everyone here on bb will all agree with me when i say that you've got us.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

Silly DP!!!! I was half way through a big post, and he pulled out the computer plug. He is building a patio out the back & 'accidently' disconnected me, grr!

Agnes - Thanks so much for the chrissy tree tip, as soon as I read your post I jumped in the car to go to toys r us and got us a tree. Its a little ripper for $24.00 - has lights and all! What country did you come from? Havent used my strider yet, MIL has ordered it through a friend in the 'baby industry' to get it cheaper, so its on its way, i'm getting excited.

Sherie - Nice Av! How do you get an avatar? Christmas is fun with kids. Usually DP and I dont bother, we enjoy the getting together with family, but have never had a tree. We will be getting into the chrissy spirit from now on with Maddie.

Fianne - Max looks gorgeous in her santa pic! Love the little pink outfit.

Arte - lol love the comment about playing it safe & giving DH a bbq for chrissy!!! Told MIL, she thinks its hillarious.

Noni - I hope you are feeling happier today. Fianne has some great suggestions there for making friends. I know how you feel though, all of my friends (and wouldnt say I have a hell of alot) are no where near wanting kids and are always at work. So it does get lonely at times. But definately check out a mothers group, its so good to get out of the house and talk to other mums. I know exactly what you mean about your DP. Mine is the same. He will not change a dirty nappy, even a wee freaks him out. Sometimes I get so angry at him!!!

Poor Maddie had a tummy ache last night I think. She just would not settle, which is not like her at all, she is usually very good. She did a MASSIVE poo and then she calmed down. Poor hunny!

Feb 2006
    Australia

You've got me noni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one would leave poor Rory alone last night at my uncles party. Everyone had a hold and by 9:30 he was over it and wanted to go to sleep. I put him in my cousins room but every time he cried someone would run in and pick him up Arghhhhh. He only needed his dummy put back in and he would of gone straight to sleep. But because everyone was picking him up he got over tired and we had to go home early. And I was enjoying my squashed frogs!!!!!!! My older cousin made it her mission to get me drunk haha....didnt work ner ner
    Last edited by reneenay; December 2nd, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

We've had the same problem before Renee. Everyone rushes to the baby at the smallest little squeek to pick her up, and she is the same, all she needs is her dummy and she's fine. I had two midori and lemonades last night, (and they werent very strong) but they made me tipsy!!! Havent had a drink in so long.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

This year I am playing it safe and getting him a BBQ.
    LOL Arte - E was conceived in a christmas champagne haze too! I can't believe it's a whole year later already.

We are about to commit financial suicide by moving back to NZ, more expensive housing and lower wages. But family is worth far more than money and I am sure we will still be comfortable.
    We've been talking about this lately too as DH may need to position himself for a move in a year's time...moving back home will definitely have financial disadvantages for us but there are some things that are far more valuable and family is one of them.

Hi Queenie *waves* - hope you've got a reflux action plan sorted by now - the sling will be valuable if you can keep S upright for 45 mins or so after a feed, and you might find the dummy helps as well because sucking relieves the pain but more milk is not necessarily helpful when their tummies are overful already. Have you signed up for a new mum's group at all?

Noni, sorry you're feeling down, if you think it's the bipolar coming on again, don't wait until it's bad to get help. See your Dr asap and get an action plan before you feel too rotten to do anything. xxx and

Hayley, ooh, new patio, Noice!

Well huge weekend with DH home late on Fri night then left again this arvo. Must say he was very keen to cuddle and hold E when he got home and she had the luxury of falling asleep in his arms several times (she doesn't often get held to sleep when he's away as I don't have enough arms or time). He took some video of E playing today, there's an especially cute bit where H was dangling Chrissy decorations near her and she was cracking right up!

Well we got our new tree at Target, (the old one was teeny and broken at the top so the angel always fell off) it's 6 foot (!!!) and gorgeous. Turns out we've got *just* the right number of decos, but the lights are a bit thin on the ground. Still, looks pretty and we all had fun this morning putting it up.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

ETA Fianne - Gorgeous photo with Santa! Re the prezzies, for relos interstate this year we are going to do up some personalised calendars thru photomax website, you upload your photos and they print and mail them out to you. Good idea for distance prezzies as easy to post.

it is hard to avoid all the consumerism about it and teach them now they are older that it isn't just about presents
    I agree Sherie, and I always try to invest extra in quality family time throughout all of December, tho some years it is harder than others.

Feb 2006
    Australia

Im off to check out that website now Marydean, thanx

Aug 2007
    Sunshine Coast, Qld

Hey Ladies ~

I did read through all the posts but i can't remember anything, I'm not really feeling well today.
    I just had THE most unsucessful shopping trip, The plaza was so packed - it was insane, I think i just walked around in a daze for 3 hours because i didn't buy a single thing... Now i know how Scarlet feels when she's over-stimulated... I felt like ramming into people with the pram, I think they need attachable bull bars for busy shopping days!

I went everywhere i could think of to buy her rainforest swing and jumperoo but no where had any left, I knew i should have bought them earlier - I was waiting it out so i had less temptation to use them before chrissie.

We got very much into the xmas spirit yesterday, I bought heaps of decorations and lights - Our tree is beautiful, I'm so proud. lol.

Oh, speaking of decorations and lights - Has anyone accidentally stolen anything in thier pram yet??? when i was packing the pram into the boot i pulled out 4 boxes of lights, some tinsel and some star decorations - I didn't have the hands for a basket or trolley so i stuffed everything in every spare space i could. Ooops!...Forgot i put stuff in the underneath bit.
    I had to get Scarlet out of the car and go back to the store to confess *lol* The manager said it happens all the time and insisted i keep the stuff i stole because of my honesty... Score! should steal and be honest about it more often ... So i ended up with 8 boxes of lights - I couldn't find my original 4 and thought i must have put them back, Argh... sleep deprivation.

~ Hayley xxx

Oct 2006

lp - lol about your christmas shop lifting i havnt accidently stolen anything yet but i have been close sure it wont be long before it happens!
    as for the conception stories.. Asha was concieved just after christmas in nz on holidays, we were trying though...
    stuffs gone from bad to worse in this house... not only am i doing everything myself but dp n i are not talking... ashas had a temp and is getting dps flue as am i and i have eaten so much chocolate and crap i will explode very soon not because i want it just because i'm in a s**t mood

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Noni, I don't know what I can say to make things better for you, but if there is even a chance it is the bipolar please get some help before it gets worse. I don't have any experience with bipolar but I have had some pretty dark times and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I was quite afraid of PND but so far all is well. I am lonely too, since I left work I only keep in contact with one person and since he is still working I don't see much of him and then when we do meet up I don't have a lot to talk about. I often think I should join a mothers group instead of sitting by myself all day but I am not good at making new friends and since we are leaving in a couple of months it seems like too much effort.
    Is there a sydney BB meet up for christmas? Maybe you could pop along to that - there seems to be a lot of girls on here that have the same problem.

Have to go, bath time is over

Apr 2006
    Melbourne

Noni love, I do have some experience with bipolar as a very close rello has it. Get help as soon as you can as it is better to be overcautious than out yourself through the agony of a relapse. There is a postnatal support group called PANDA who you could try to get in contact with - they should be able to point you in the right direction for someone to speak with if you haven't got a treating psychiatrist ATM. Bear in mind that having a baby is a HUGE life change so it's really not just you and we all feel frustrated at times, but still being proactive in this situation is definitely a good idea I think. If you have noticed your mood is significantly different to what it was before I wouldn't hesitate to get help. You won't lose anything by reaching out - in fact, you'll gain notonly help but strength. Can you talk to your GP if all else fails? Just knowing you have an action plan might help you feel more in control. Do you have Bipolar I or II? hugs xxxx and speak to your MCHN or council about mothers' groups - I went to our first meeting last week and it was great. In fact PANDA may know about support groups inyour area!

MD & Sherie - she's been on Zantac for 2 1/2 days and the cheesy curd voms have stopped, but the mid-feed screams are still there and it rips my heart apart. THank goodness for the dummy! It seems to keep her content but in a semi-awake trance though and I hope it's not stopping her from sleeping... even though it seems to help her sleep too if that makes sense! I need to post some pics but still haven't quite got there.

1234 ...