Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #10

Default Babies Born September 2007 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady -
    [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

to continue from the last thread, my DH works as a Service Person at a gold mine. he drives the fuel truck around and refuels/greases the machines - trucks, loaders, drills etc. He also does some servicing of the machines too. His shifts are 13hrs, but he has 2hrs travelling time too - so he leaves at 4.30pm and gets home at 7.30am (and then 4.30am -7.30pm on dayshift). So basically he comes home, has a cuppa and some brekkie and a shower and then in bed till 4pm when i get him up. Lindsay doesn't see him while he is on nghtshift unless it is the weekend.

Renee, in the mines they call them fitters, even if they are mechanics by trade. Don't know why that is. And welders are boiler makers.

Well it looks like I missed life-story-bonding time today!

I know what night shift is like on account of my DH being sent away frequently for work (photographer for big govt organisation) - before that he was a chef and often had to work overnight, split shifts, morning shifts (starting at 4.00am). Glad those days are over, it's less disruptive when they go away completely rather than mucking up the routine every time their shifts change.

Sherie I had to laugh about the girls crowding around when the play gym comes out, same at my house before & after school. H still doesn't understand that E gets overwhelmed by it all. I'm trying to teach her what 'overstimulation' is LOL. Sounds like E is at a pretty similar stage as A, from your description.

OK I'm really out of the loop here, I get the jolly jumper thing, no idea what a jumperoo is tho.

Supposed to be out at late night shopping getting H new summer shoes and a party dress but E was showing signs of overstimulation this afternoon and didn't sleep when we were out so I've postponed. Poor shoeless kid. We have to go out for new christmas tree (if they're not all gone by tomorrow arvo) so if we work quickly we might get those shoes in as well!

ETA - Glad Santa shopped at Myer when he did without the discount (after all) cos the thing he bought was all gone today.
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 30th, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

BTW, who has collected their 3rd bounty bag from Target? What was in it? I went today but they had run out of girls ones and I'm wondering if it is worth the effort of chasing up or not?

Third bag? I didn't even get one bag this time round. it's more of the same to the first two, but you used to get a $5 voucher in them, not sure if you still do or not.

Marydean, it gives you a real smug sense of statisfaction to know that you brought the last of something at Christmas time doesn't it? LOL. I can't imagine how the poor little fella will feel once he's mobile and the kids are just rushing past him all the time.

I think Alister is having his 3mth growth spurt a few weeks early - he has been really hungry today and I can hear him now 'asking' for more

it gives you a real smug sense of statisfaction to know that you brought the last of something at Christmas time doesn't it?
    Even better if you get it on special tho ... but as the big day approaches it gets more and more desperate out there, it's like that Arnie movie where he's trying to get the very last action doll for his son...LOL can't remember what it's called now.

On the bounty bag, I joined the Coles baby club because with H you got a whole BOX of goodies, samples and products and stuff. Turns out all you get now is a scummy little magazine and emails you don't want. LOL. Serves me right for thinking I'd get a freebie LOL

I'm sure A will be able to keep up, in his own way.

Hayley - Wow your story is very inspiring, you two have done so well to be where you are now. In a way I know where you are coming from, my dad was homeless from the age of 13 - 17 yrs, he had a pretty radical childhood too, he doesnt talk much about his parents but from what he has said they were just horrible. Anyway to cut a long story short, he says being homeless made him who he is today and it makes you realise the important things in life. And you are so right, material things dont even matter, they make you no happier. All these 'rich' people with their flasho cars, probably just have a mountain of debt hehe!

Noni - Dont get yourself down about it, you will get there eventually. You are still young, you have plenty of time. And you will appreciate it more as you have had to work extra hard for it. We had a helping hand into real estate, our little unit we bought off my parents for $20,000 cheaper than it was worth. Then we got our house that we are in now, we had no help with that, but we couldnt have done it unless we had had that help from the start from my parents. Dont get me wrong DP and I worked our butts off to pay our mortgage (DP still does), parents never helped with that, nor would I expect them to, we have definately put in the hard yards ourselves. Sometimes you have to struggle to get where you are.

Renee - Haha growing drugs! Sounds like the neighbours are just jealous. Havent found anyone yet that Maddie takes a dislike too.

Anyway I have to keep this short, sorry to everyone that I missed out personals on, in laws are coming to stay tonight and house is a mess!!!

Just popped back in to quickly say, anyone using Karicare Gold, its on special at coles at the moment for $16.00

Noni - Re friends, do you go to a mothers group? Thats a great way of meeting ladies with something in common.

Marydean, it was "Jingle all the way" I *think* I love that movie, it's hillarious! I remember a few years back the BIG thing to buy for girls were those Amazing Amanda dolls and they retailed for $199 and on ebay I saw a few go for nearly $300. Cut forward to June this year and my IL's got Paige one for her birthday for $59 at Myer!!!! They had a heap of them and were selling them below cost. If you ask me they were seriously overrated too and not worth the money. She loves it though.

Noni, we haven't really gone gangbusters in the real estate area either. We had this huge plan when we brought this farm 7 years ago that we would have it paid for within 10 years and have all these improvements done and reno'd the house to boot, but mother nature proved she truly is a 'mother' (to steal a law from Murphy ) and we aren't even close to having this place paid off and the house still needs reno's and the only improvement is one silo and sheepyards. And remember, if you truly want it, you will make it happen.

Sherie, you are looking mighty hot in your Christmas outfit *makes sizzling noise* ! I know which parcel your DH is gonna want to unwrap first LOL!

Jingle all the way, that's it! I LOOOOOOVE Christmas movies. Going to pick up Christmas with the Kranks at the library today (chopped off the last 10 mins when we taped it on the telly last week) and we're shopping for the tree today so it'll be feeling pretty Christmassy at my house tonight!

Umm, re the real estate. We bought a really cheap (and a bit shabby) little house with a view to renoing etc, still yet to renovate anything! It was only affordable because it's in the outer suburbs and we *just* got in before the boom, and made sure we bought within the price range that we could service the mortgage on only one income. Noni, it's early days yet, you're still young, and you will find your earning power and wealth levels increase gradually as you get older. I was 28 before we could even start thinking about it and yes I've never driven a new car either. There is still affordable housing out there, you've just got to find it and make sacrifices and you'll get there eventually. There are some really good schemes for first home buyers on lower incomes (and a single income family these days usually qualifies) so it's worth doing your research too as you never know, you might get a foot up that way.

Hayley, good tip about the new mum's group for Noni. I don't have any friends either (LOL well I do they just all work FT and live over the other side of town or worse in other states). New mum's group is easy peasy even for us shy ones because they get the conversation started for you. You just have to turn up.

linwill Guest

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE AGLINRA/AGNES' POST

To all the Lovely Christmas mummies,

It's December already! Christmas is approaching What a wonderful feeling!

Sorry for MIA for a while.
    After William recovered from the needle thing, he sort of going through a growth spurt and became really unsettled and hungry all the time. He is much better now, thanks for those who asked.
    On development & milestones, I agree that everyone is different and even every period is different Sometimes he would be quite silent (I think this is the way they mastered new skills). And yesterday, after the growth spurt, he allowed himself to be pulled to a sitting position. Now, he wants to do it all the time.
    But in other things, some of his friends in mums group can be more advanced

We were a bit busy lately and my new car arrived two days ago. Today we’re going to bring W in his first ride. At least now I can go out and about with W, without hassling DH all the time hahaha

Your story is indeed inspiring LiddlePixie. Btw, Scarlet is so gorgeous

When DH and I first came to Australia to continue my study, we only brought 2 suitcases with us. We literally start from zero as we had no friends and family here to start with. It was hard to find ‘real’ job when you didn’t have Aussie working experience (and we were much older than some of you are ATM).
    We worked in any field we could find at that time, factory, restaurant, etc.
    Things got better when I finished my master degree and landed on a good job.
    Yeah just like forest gump said, life is like a box of chocolate, you’ll never know what you’ll get.
    Although I prefer my favourites, Kit Kat – Lindt – and Ferrero Rocher LOL

MD – thanks for the info the other day. You’re right, W started to feel better after a week.

Sherie – love your avatar! Imagining you’re holding Alister in Santa’s dress, aww how cute

Hayley – have you used your Strider?

Katie, love Logan’s pict in the Santa outfit. He looks like a big boy already. How's your trip?

Gracie, I also bought Rainforest swing. He likes the swing, but not that interested in the toys/mobile above it though

Btw, if you guys are looking for a Christmas tree, 70% sale in Toy’s R Us today only, from $80 to $24.

Sorry if I missed anything important, cant never keep up with all the zillion posts LOL.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
    Last edited by linwill; December 1st, 2007 at 09:32 AM.

Btw, the above post should be from me (Aglinra/Agnes). Just now my friend was here and checked BB and mistakenly posted the above

Agnes, good to hear W is feeling better now. Your emigration story's pretty amazing too. You make your own life, that's for sure. Thanks for the tree tip, our ToysRUs is on the other side of town though so will probably give that a miss unless our local shoppies have run out! that's not the case!

Boom-chicka-whaahaaa, looooking smokin Sherie! Hahaha

We put our christmas tree up yesterday and it looks great! I just have to buy some more lights because the ones we have atm are hand-me-downs from my nanna and half arent working LOL (plus they look a bit 70's). I put Rory's little blue christmas stocking up too. Oh its exciting!
    Last edited by reneenay; December 1st, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

hehe Marydean, would you believe I actually did that one year. Dh was very happy with what Santa gave him

LMAO Renee.

Hi Agnes (or should I say linwill? ) I'm really glad that Will has moved past the unsettled-ness again for you. Those injections really seemed to take it out of them all didn't it?

Hi everyone... bom chicka wah wah Sherie! Did you see Love Actually? Reminds me of the girls with the guitars!
    Well another week and still no reading of posts... sorry!! It is so hard to get the chance, I dunno how you super mummies do it; maybe it really does get better from here!!
    have a sleeping baby on my knee - hence lots of typos. After days of screaming after feeds the paed thinks she has reflux. Great.
    Noni will go back to chech your post - i picked up that you were feeling down about not being a homeowner? I know well what thsat is like. we only bought our place when we were nearly both 28 and had been saving and getting more and more disillusioned. There was absolutely no chance before that. Even then we ended up buying an old place in an "upwardly mobile" suburb (read: DODGY!) near the nicer one we were renting in. Three years on though it's finally cleaning up. We only could afford to renovate this year and there is still stuff to be done... but it is worth the wait. You have plenty of time - please don't feel bad. At your age I think I was on the dole and feelng absolutely awful... you have been blessed with a beautiful daughter! You really have achieved a lot. Don't forget that.
    wow md, now I need to read up on overstimulation! We are trialling the dummy to see if that makes settling easier but I still think there are cues I am missing out on.
    How are archie and milton coping now renee?
    hi to everyone else - will post to you soon xxxx

LMAO Queenie! I LOVE that movie, makes me feel all mushy inside when I watch it, would have to be my fave 'Hugh' movie. And yes, now that you do mention it, it is a bit like those girls isn't it? I don't mind that you don't pop in often or can't do personals all the time, I just love being able to read how you are all going. It does get easier too in time. Do you have an action plan for the reflux yet?

I know which parcel your DH is gonna want to unwrap first LOL!
    MD, that is how I ended up with Will - certainly gave DH more than I was planning on. This year I am playing it safe and getting him a BBQ.

Aglinra, glad to hear William is doing better after his needles. BTW have I told you I love his name!

Sherie, you are looking very good. Christmas must be fun at your place with all the little kiddies.

Real estate wise we were lucky to buy before the boom, but is was a long road to get here. We are about to commit financial suicide by moving back to NZ, more expensive housing and lower wages. But family is worth far more than money and I am sure we will still be comfortable.

Thanks for the 'boobie biter' article Sherie, Will has just started clamping down and twisting when he has had enough. It is rather painful, I am pulling him off as soon as he does it and am really hoping he grows out of it quickly.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast