Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #11

Hannah was the same at first (and i didn't want to give her one) I bought the cheap Happy baby brand - which the midwives recommend. I did have to keep putting it in - but now i give it to her when i know she is overtired - and it helps to settle her to sleep. I pull it out when she's asleep.

ok i'll try again. thats the same brand i have amongst 100 others!!! he just hates them. naybe by now i need a larger size .... but i'll try w the one in my bag right now!

Sometimes I need to give Rory a dummy to hold when he goes to sleep so he doesnt pull the one in his mouth out!!!!!!!!! He loves his dummy haha

Yeah, I looove rockyourbaby... I bought a bunch of stuff there when i was PG and i'm always buying thier stuff for friends bubs cause it's so different, The boy's stuff is so cute!

I have been wondering what to do with all Scarlet's clothes that don't fit her anymore, She's exclusively 00 now, Heaps of it is brand new and most of it only ever worn once - I want to give it to someone who needs it & will appreciate it, I don't know anyone who does though & I hate those "charity" shops cause they just put massive prices on everything anyway and it defeats the purpose... Does anyone have any thoughts?

Keep it for your 2nd...you may have another girl! Or send it to me LOL! Dwayne is convinced we are having a girl next!

Geee wiz Sherie look how big our thread is again!!!

Jazmum - Im so sorry to hear about your sister I hope she is okay. Are you able to visit her?
    Last edited by reneenay; December 14th, 2007 at 04:00 PM.

Jazmum - Oh no your poor sister. Have they not given her an ultra sound yet? She needs to know asap one way or the other!

Nox - Welcome! Maybe try a dummy. I was against using a dummy, but have now realised its an absolute life saver. I pop the dummy in, stroke her head a little and thats about it really, she drops off. Like Jazmum sometimes i'm in there a few times popping it back in, but eventually she's off. Also I think they all have periods where they sleep badly at night, I find Maddie is constantly changing. Atm we are going through a good sleeping period, so i'm happy! But I just know she will change again and we'll have a few sleepless nights.

Renee - Just as long as little Rory sleeps through the night for you, its all good hehe.

Hayley - I'll have to check out that website...another place to spend money!

Cally - I only put socks on if its a cold night, and there hasnt been many of those around lately. I made a mistake and got two of the .5 ones though, thinking oh summer are always so stinking hot. Really I should have got a 1.0 & .5, because on colder nights I have to put her in her grobag in a bonds suit and then a blankie over the top, so she doesnt freeze. What tog did you get? The princess one is so cute! My mum keeps raving on about how I could easily make a grobag on her sewing machine, has anyone tried this before?

Leemar - haha my dad is the man, how cute!

Someone else here has the steelcraft strider, is it you Katie? Sorry cant remember. Whoever it is, do you know if you can get shade covers for them? I have a shade cover for my old 3 wheeler, but the strider is a totally different shape, and I want Maddie to be shaded well when we go walking.

Renee - Hey that dummy idea is great! May have to give it a go myself.

Hayley - Wow you are so generous! Maybe you should keep them in case you have another little girl down the track? Otherwise maybe call the salvation army, I know they hand out pressies to disadvantaged families at chrissy?

OMG your girls have been busy in here today .

Jazmum I hope your sister is ok.

LP did you change your ticker pic? Its so cute. I am putting some of the clothes Logan has grown out of into a space bag for the next bub, and if next bub is a girl then I will give the boy stuff away. Do you have any friends or family expecting a bub or TTC soon?

Welcome Nox. I hope you get the sleep under control soon. Logan has only just started to have regular sleeps. He usually has 2 or 3 half hour to an hour naps. Although he has currently been asleep for 2 hours, I just go with the flow and let him sleep when ever he can for as long as he likes, sorry I know that isnt helpful.

Cally I just bought Logan a growbag too, cant wait for it to arrive.

I will have to check out the rock your baby website.

A friend of mine and her 6 month old DD came down today, it was such a nice day. Her DD is totally adorable and Logan kept smiling at her, too cute I think he has his eye on her already.

Better go feed Logan. Sorry I didnt do much personals but it has been so busy in here today and I can hardly keep up.

ETA Hayley not me with the Strider (although I would love one). Maybe check the steelcraft website to check if they make them all call Babies Galore (or check their website).

Hayley - I just got a 1.0 tog one. I figure if it's more than 26 degrees in her room she will be right with just a sheet and I'll resign myself to getting up if she moves too much. We have air conditioning so I don't think we will have many nights that are that warm.

Jazmum - fingers crossed for your sister.

By the time i ever have have another baby they will be RETRO! LOL

That would be great, a little sister for Rory - but i bet dwayne would be just as happy with a tribe of boys haha

Katie - Oh no he's chasing the girls already, better watch that one!

Cally - Thats a very good idea, wish I had of thought of that! I'm keeping my eyes open on ebay for a cheapie 1 tog, but I doubt i'll find one, they are so popular. Easier just to buy one brand new, but I really should cut down on spending.

Thanks Katie, I can't get her to smile for the camera anymore - she just does this o0o look at it because there's a little light on the front that flashes.

Jazmum, big hugs for you and your sister, it doesn't sound good does it? The hcg level sounds like it's too low. xx

Lunch was lovely but MD the Chicken Woman excused herself TWICE to feed out in the courtyard. Kind of mad with myself. The library geeks were at the other end of the table so I could've got away with feeding where I was. *sigh* Then my other colleague rocked up with her 7 mth old and had no probs feeding where she was.

LP - get one of those big plastic storage boxes and keep all the nice ones you love. Sooner or later either you or someone you know will have a girl and it will be a brilliant surprise for them. I save all DD1's best clothes for my niece who is a good 4 yrs younger but loves getting the boxes and kids always grow into clothes anyway. Karma is working because my sis is just about to courier a huge box of all of my niece's best fisher price (little people etc) toys for E - can't wait !!

Katie, yep, kids books are exxy but they're a real investment IMO. Once you get into playgroup and kindy there are lots of bookclubs etc where you can get some real bargains and always keep your eye out on the A&R specials tables as there are often really good kids books for super cheapo. Plus there's always the library where they're FREE!

MD I have asked my mum and DH's Godmum for books for Christmas so hopefully he gets afew. Otherwise I am off to the library (I lurve the library).

Well the dummy sure keeps him quiet but he can't keep it in his mouth. He rolls it around a bit and as soon as my hand is away he spits it out with disdain! Actually quite funny.
    At night I feed him to sleep (after a shower then massage) and that sleep is the longest one for the night. May try the dummy thing for the wake ups though. Also may try to get DH to settle when I'm not feeding.
    reneenay -- wish I could get him to hold the dummy! That sounds great!
    Do dummies need to get bigger -- I mean will a small dummy do any 'damage' to him? (Dumb question!)
    LiddlePixie -- My friend kept her clothes from her kids and it was a gdsend for me. When I was pg I have NO idea how or what to buy and it was wonderful to have the hand-me-downs.
    Marydean -- sorry to come into this late ... does your work place make you feel awkward re bf? I have recently complained to my local council about lack of facilities in public areas etc and have been interested in the work that the ABA is trying o do to get workplaces to support bf.

Well, he has had about 3 naps from 30mins-1 hour today. We shall see what happens tonight. Look if he goes back to where he was a week ago with only 1 waking, I'll shut up!

What kind of shaped teat is on the dummy nox? I don't think the smaller ones can hurt them i think they're just easier for the to keep in their mouth. Maybe your DS is going through his 3mth growth spurt

With all this talk of day-napping i'm starting to think that Scarlet is strange now (I mean that in a loving way, lol) She doesn't nap at all during the day anymore, Only the other day after i gave her panadol... She saves all her sleeps up for night time, Even toddlers have naps though don't they? She doesn't seem to mind.

Hayley - Maddie has days where she barely sleeps as well. So long as they sleep through the night I say!

Nox - I hope he gets back on track for you! Whats bubbas name anyway?

Marydean - I'm sure you will eventually get more confident with feeding in public. I can imagine how hard it must be, I know I'd have troubles with it. I've noticed many parents rooms have booths for BFing! We went out last night for tea and there was a lady at our table with a 7 wk old, and she just whipped out her boobie and it didnt seem to bother her. I noticed a couple of the guys didnt know where to look hahaahaha so funny. Besides I wouldnt feel bad about not being able to feed anywhere, you'll either eventually get used to it, or if not just always use a cover. I say good on you for being able to BF in the first place!

OMG Girls my brothers ex-girlfriend is engaged Whoohooo (with the fella she cheated on my brother with)! That means she really wont be coming back into our lives YAY YAY! Its been so good having my brother back, I never thought Rory would know his uncle. And now she is out of the picture he spends so much time with Rory, he is in awe our little man!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast