Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #11

lol i just tipped cornflower everywhere making my own baby powder lol.. Asha keeps getting a rash and she never got one when we used powder.. i still had one of those big powders unopened so i opened it up and tipped it all out lol then i tipped in cornflower and some lavender and put the lid back on hope it works well and she gets rid of this rash.. its not bad nappy rash the powder just always seemed to keep her rash free so we will see am i right in thinking its talc thats dangerous and using cornflower is ok???

hi everyone
    I'm feeling very 'out of the loop'. Feeling really bad that i can't keep up with the thread - and missing out on everyone's news. (just know that i do think of you all daily - even if i'm not posting )
    Marydean - hope the mastitis continues to clear up. You poor thing!!
    noni - sounds like Asha is one spoilt little chicken. (just the way it should be too) bummer about the hail stones.
    queenie - it's wonderful when they smile and coo isn't it. I could just sit and watch and listen to Hannah all day.
    cally - well done to you using the cloth nappies. Are you using the modern cloth nappies? I have to admit that i'm hopeless at folding and doing them up, so have never used them.
    renee - i actually did a hpt today. (although if i was pregnant I'd have to change my name to Mary!!!) I've just been feeling a little nauseous over the past week. I had one in my drawer so i thought ' what the heck!" thankfully it was negative. Not sure that i would cope too well with a 12 month age gap!!!
    Hi to everybody else
    My sister phoned me yesterday to tell me she is pregnant. I'm sooo happy for her. They weren't really trying, but weren't trying not to, iykwim. She is a little concerned because she had her work party a couple of weeks ago and was smoking and had a bit too much to drink. I told her she wouldn't be the first person to have done that, and that everything should be fine.
    Hannah fell asleep in the cot by herself tonight. (i missed not cuddling her to sleep )
    She has been quite unsettled and spewy these past 2 days. I don't think she is liking all of the christmas treats i've been having.
    anyway, hope to keep up with all of you from now on - although Jess is on school holidays now, so will have to keep the girls entertained.
    take care

hi everyone, i'm not keeping up too well either! oh well. just a quick post while i;m eating my brekky!
    jaz- tell your sister not to worry at all, i went to a wedding the weekend before we discovered i was pg and had way too much wine. i spent the whole sunday throwing up. even threw up on the driveway as i was getting out of the car! Classy hey?? i was still sick on the monday and tuesday which is when i started to think 'something is not right here'....did the hpt on the thurs and there you go! seems that when you're pg you seem to get drunk quicker....and sicker....
    anyway i was completely panicked and thought i would've killed the baby but obviously it's all fine...needless to say though i have not been drunk since then!
    well i had better finish my cup of tea and log off, sorry for no personals- i'm hopeless aren't i??? i'm heading off now to watch 'the business of being born' at 10am. quite looking forward to it but just worried that lewis will be well behaved! i'm taking the hab and will give him a quick bf and chuck him in that before i go in i think! ill let you all know how i go..have a lovely day!

Morning all!

Hi Jaz! great to see you hun. I can totally sympathise with you on being way too busy ATM. Although I do get on here, but it's at the expense of me not getting important housework done I hear you on not wanting another baby LOL. We DTD last night and I have been on the BCP for 3wks now, I still told him he had to put a condom on because I just don't want to risk it - in fact even after he has the snip I think I wont feel safe till we are old and grey and don't do it at all anymore.

Noni, that really sucks about the windscreen, especially at this time of year - like you need any more bills kwim? Asha certainly is one spoilt little girl. It will be great in another few months and she can start to play with it all properly. As for keeping her settled with all the family events, just make sure you try to keep her in her *routine* as much as you can, like if she normally has a sleep at noon, then try to make sure she has it. I'm sure the family will understand if you explain to them how important it is not to over stimulate her, as they will enjoy her more too if she is happy as opposed to overtired and cranky. Take her own bouncer/rocker with you as she will be familiar with the smell of it and will settle better knowing she is in a familiar place.

Hayley, you'll find that they are in the crawler size nappies for longer than any of the others. The girls were in them for about 6mths before finally moving up to the toddler size ones and they stayed in those ones until they were TT as the walker ones were too big.

Queenie, Miss S sounds like she is doing just fine. In no time at all you will be an old hand at this game too LOL. I agree 100% with Marydean too - just do what your heart tells you to do with her.

Alister has his first shower last night! DH was going to have his shower and I was just about to put Alister in the tub anyway so I said he may as well have a shower too. It was hilliarous to watch his face when D first put him under - I have never seen his eyes go so wide LOL, he was totally surprised, then he dropped the bottom lip, but he didn't cry. At one stage when DH had the water just running over the back of his head and on his back, his eyes rolled back into his head, like a "ooooohhhh this is nice' sort of response. It was really hard to hold him though as he kept kicking his legs about so he wasn't in for long.

morning everyone
    Hannah went to sleep in her cot by herself again this morning. I hope she keeps it up, because it's going to be so much easier if she can self settle, especially while i have Jess home on holidays.
    Sherie - glad Alister enjoyed his shower time with his daddy
    Gracie- i will pass on your story to my sister. I'm sure it will put her mind at ease.

Sherie - glad Alister had a nice shower. We haven't tried it yet.

Gracie - enjoy your outing today.

Noni - bad luck on the windscreen, hope you can get it fixed quickly.

Jazmum - we are using covers and prefolds. They're really not that hard and I'm not finding the washing that difficult. DH copes very well with them too. We used disposables for the first month and they wouldn't fit in our bin (it's very small) so we almost need to use cloth - I don't know how the larger families cope around here.

Well last night K woke at 2:30, 6:30 and 9:15. So still not good considering she went down at 9:30, but at least she went down easily compared to the night before - how long does unsettledness from a growth spurt go for? Any ideas on other reasons why she's added a feed overnight?

Well better go and have a shower. Have to walk up to the post office later - have a delivery to pick up of butterflies to stick up on DD's walls - that should be fun!

Grrrr. I am so annoyed. We have been renovating a car for nearly three years and last week we finally got it on the road. So this morning DH was driving to work and the back wheel went sailing past him and across the road. Obviously when the garage fixed the brakes last week they didn't do up the wheel nuts. So now there is dent and a big bit of paint scratched off where the tyre rubbed on the way off. I called the garage to complain but they just keep saying that they did do up the wheelnuts and don't know what went wrong. DH is going to go in and tear strips off them this afternoon, as it could have been a serious accident. If it had happened 5 minutes later on the motorway it would have been a lot worse. And we have been traveling around all weekend with the baby in the car!

Art - that's terrible!!

Have another question for everyone - DD was lying across the cot this morning at one feed and the next one was jammed up against the top of the cot. She was wrapped up, is there anyway of stopping her moving around, will a sleeping bag restrict her in any way?

Cally, unless she is rolling around, a sleeping bag might help because when they are in it and push off the mattress with their feet (I hope that makes sense?) they are inside the sleeping bag and are restricted by their feet pushing down at one end and their shoulders being inside the bag at the other (gosh it's hard to explain what I have in my head LOL). I have noticed Alister is wriggling around a bit now too. Not that much though.

Gracie, I gave up drinking a long time ago LOL. I don't think anyone would mind if Lewis did put on a show of his own - you wont be the only one there with a bub.

Arte, we've had the same thing happen with out commodore, only for us the wheel didn't come off, but it was close. And we'd just had a new tire put on too. It made me so sick to my stomach to think of what could have happened. I tore strips off the guys at Bridgestone too and they paid for it to be repaired.

Jaz, fingers crossed Hannah keeps up the good work.

Morning All,

Well you would not believe it but I just received in the mail a speeding ticket. I have not had one is so long. DH just laughed at me. I was doing 72 in a 60 what an Idiot I am.
    All my babies are in bed sleeping and I can finally have some mumma time. lol.
    Renee- I hope everything is fine.
    Katie- Olivia does the same and she kicks off her sheets everytime too. I just gave up now.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Hello to all.

Noni/Art- Sorry to hear about your cars.

well i just got off the phone to a few diff ppl about replacing the windscreen seems people are pretty busy because of the storm yesterday but i finally found someone who is willing to come today so dp can still go to work tnite phew lol... i rang obrion first and not only did they want over $400 they couldnt do it today!!! the place i ended up going with is coming at 1pm and are only charging $225 lol kinda lucky that obrien couldnt come today really coz i would have just booked it in lol... i am just calling them back because they had reserved the windscreen for us and it was the last one so wanted to let them know we dnt need it incase someone else does lol apparantly they are flat out because of the storm yesterday...
    Asha is currently in her bouncer holding on to her new rattle!! its so cute because the parts you hold on to are thin she can hold it she hasnt quite figured it out yet though because when she moves her arm and it makes a noise she kinda gets surprised lol.. its the bright starts firefly rattle id recomend it for small hands if anyone is interested because its really easy to hang onto and its 0m+ lol i feel like an infamertial (sp)...
    Asha baby powder is nice!! it comes out kinda thinner if that makes sence and smells divine lol i wanna put it all over myself!! can anyone confirm for me that its ok to use a mixture of cornflower and lavender?? its just the talc thats bad isnt it?
    leanne - enjoy your mumma time!!!
    cally - would a sheet tucked in really tight around her into the matress keep her there?? probably not lol u have probably already tried that haha.. Asha is waking up sooner too she was sleeping a good 7 - 8 hours but now i am very lucky if she makes it to 6.. she wont drink more at each feed so idk whats going on really she just wants to wake every 4 hours atleast to feed and during the day shes been feeding sometimes at 3hrs instead of 4.. maybe when i get my wonder weeks book that will help me understand though she will probably be over it by then lol...
    arte - gosh i wouldnt stand for that "they dnt know what happened" well you didnt go out and loosen the wheel nuts did you! id make them fix it and not charge u its very dangerous!
    jazmum - glad h is going well in the cot!!
    sherie - lol i feel a bit slack saying this but Asha doesnt have much of a routine yet she just sleeps as she wishes shes awake alot of the time really lol though as i type this she has fallen asleep still holding onto her rattle lol.. shes been more sleepy lately coz shes still recovering from the flue... we did take her bouncer to thje chrissy thing though and i think it did help... Asha loves the shower and hates the bath lol.. i was surprised when she enjoyed the spa yesterday.. i suppose its alot bigger..

Noni, sounds like Asha is getting a good haul of stuff from all your family - it sounds like she already has more stuff than me!

I think we are at the tail end of the three month growth spurt. He was starving yesterday and very clingy, seems a bit better today.

I think I will have to get DH a book of nursery rhymes for christmas. Last night I heard him singing:

Old McDonald had a farm e-i-e-i-o
    But the farm wasn't profitable because of the drought e-i-e-i-o
    So he sold it to the council and they turned it into a landfill e-i-e-i-o

I have also heard him reading Baby Farm Animals and telling Will that the puppies will eat the bunnies and the piglets will become yummy bacon.

arte - lol @ ur dh thats classic!!

hehe Arte, maybe you should get him to sing "sell it to a foreign company to plant trees on for the carbon credits e-i-e-i-o" LMAO. We tell our kids that all the sheep and cows are grown to be eaten too.

Noni, don't worry if she doens't have a routine, but as soon as she starts looking tired, take her somewhere quiet for a sleep and she should be right.

Leanne, I haven't ever had a speeding fine, but I probably should have LOL.

Cally - How about one of those sleep positioners???

Art - Bloody mechanics! I swear half of them are dodgy!! I hope your DH sorts something out with them. They cant get away with that!!

Leanne - naughty naughty haha. Did you know you got cought??? I have gone through quite a few speeding cameras speeding and not received the fine. Just arsey I think

Hmmm Noni - Your baby powerder sounds lovely! You should start up a business LOL! Glad you got your windscreen cheaper

Sherie - Love your new ticker photo of Alister! Could he get any darn cuter!!!!!!!! I use Pregpans trick of wearing socks on my hands in the shower with Rory. LOL I look like a goose but it stops him wobbling all over the place.

JazMum - Have you got any activities planned for the girls over the Christmas School Holidays? Rory has decided he doesnt want to self settle now he is in the cot, I need to cuddle him to sleep then put him down in the cot!

Rory is asleep in our bed atm, poor little darling was pooped this morning.

YAY all my Christmas shopping is done, wrapped and under the tree too! Whoooohooo!

Okay im off for a walk with Dwayne & Rory to buy some lunch

Arte - lol at your DH, mine does the same thing sometimes when he gets bored of the traditional songs. DD doesn't mind, she just grins at him.

Renee - well done to getting all the Christmas shopping done. All I have left to do is getting a few little nibblies to put in DH's stocking which I am planning on doing tomorrow after mothers group (we are learning baby massage). Everything is wrapped and under the tree too.

Noni - good that you were able to get someone out to do the windscreen today. And well done on getting the cheaper price. Finger crossed both our little girls go back to an 8 hour sleep tonight!

Sherie - K was wrapped pretty tightly and still managed to turn herself 90 degrees. DH is calling her a salmon (swimming upstream). Might look into getting a sleeping bag because I think she is ready to have her arms unwrapped and she will be all over the place once we do that.

OMG I think I will have to get E weighed and measured tmrw, I was at the baby shop looking for bath support seats. They had three models - but she was too long for all of them (!) What to do now...?

Well done on the cornflour powder Noni, let us know if you get a good result with it (you might even save yourself a dollar or two). LOL at infomercial! Not too many rattles at Big W this morning with really thin bits to hold onto, lucky we have a few of H's old ones to keep E amused for a while.

Cally, E is starting to get mobile too (no salmon action tho LOL), but she doesn't have much room for travel in the cradle LOL.

Arte - love the 'truth in nursery rhymes' philosophy. My DD always knew that sheepies become roast lamb and chicckies become roast chicken - never fazed her. I think if you suddenly found out at age 6 or something it might be a bit of a shock...?

Jazmum, good to hear from you. Jazmum isn't Dec the BEST month of school hols...all that Chrissy craft, if I know you you'll have the girls doing some little project or other!

*aaaaaaaaah* That's the sound of me breathing a BIG sigh of relief, I think the Wonder Week is over and not a moment too soon, as DH rang me today to say his parents have arrived - like 10 days early!!! *whoop whoop whoop* This is an inlaw alarm. Please remain calm and get ready to evacuate the building when instructed to do so...

ETA My mood is supposed to say "Crabby" but they don't have that so "Crappy" will have to do LOL

Cally - A salmon, thats so funny! I've been putting Maddie in a sleeping bag now that she's in her cot and she doesnt move up/down the cot, so definately give it a go. Even if you buy a cheapo one to see how she goes. Or like Renee said, a sleep positioner. I've seen one that wraps around the baby and holds baby perfectly in place and they cant move up/down. The butterflies sound great!

Renee - My god you are so organised! I havent even started christmas shopping. I am not going all out on everyone this yr, we simply cant afford to now that we are on one income. Sorry but the mortgage and baby are now the number one priority! Its good though because our family all understand, so we are just doing simple gifts. Have a nice lunch!

Arte - Hehe your DH is funny. We have childrens cds for Maddie, and most of the songs are songs that our mums had for us as children, but I have trouble remembering the words, so i make them up too!

Noni - What a pain. Just another cost that you dont need, especially so close to chrissy! The powder idea is very clever of you.

Arte - Thats terrible. Its very scary to think of what could have happened. There was a car crash on the news last night, and a 4 month old baby lost its life. Such a shame!!! You have to be so careful, I'm glad you let them know.

Jazmum - Mary hehe thats hillarious! Glad I'm still not the only one!

Gracie - Oh you are so lucky, I'd love to be able to see the Ricki Lake doco. Do you know if we can buy it online anywhere? It sounds very interesting and I love Ricki Lake.

Leemar - What a bummer about the speeding ticket.

Sherie - Good to know that I didnt go mad on the crawler nappies then if they stay in them that long! Aww little Alister sounds so cute, we havent had a shower with Maddie yet, maybe we will give it a go sometime this wk.

Well Maddie is still going very well in her cot, such a good girl. We went out to lunch yesterday and we dressed her up in a very pretty yellow dress, with a yellow headband. I rarely dress her up, because it just seems pointless unless we are going somewhere nice. My SIL has it in her mind that her bub will be dressed to the nines for every outing, but sometimes its just not practical, especially in hot weather, you just want them to be comfy iykwim. But Maddie did look lovely yesterday. I'm going to try put her in dresses more often, but some of the dresses in her wardrobe that the nanna's bought are so over the top!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast