Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #12

Pregpan - Oh my goodness poor Noah! Glad to hear he is all ok. Must have been so scary for you guys.

Hayley - Glad to hear the docs visit went well. Its a shame that they didnt seem to care though. I've heard alot on the news lately about children dying that had been overlooked by docs, very very sad. I've just started a vegie garden too!

Noni - Lucky you! I'm keeping my eyes open for a decent nappy bag as well, let me know how this one goes for you.

Hey I'm another ex childcare worker here! All this talk about childcare is scaring me though. I've just finished completing Maddies enrolement form, she will be attending two full days a wk, Mon & Tues. God I'm so in two minds about it, but at the end of the day, we really have no choice, we really need some extra money. I feel terribly guilty. I've filled out the form about 'telling us more about your baby' and I put pls dont rock/pat to sleep, trying to enourage her to sleep on her own. However now I'm thinking they will just let her cry it out....which is not what i want at all. How do I explain that I just want her put down with the dummy to see how she goes, but if she is not settling, they can pick her up and soothe her? Does that sound silly? Will they even have that much time to spend on my child when they have heaps of other babies to tend to? This whole childcare bizzo is really starting to upset me.

On another note, Maddie and I went to a friends house tonight to catch up with all the girls. As I arrived a couple of them were on their way to the bottle o to get some drinks, they pulled up next to me, and tried to get me to get in the car and just place Maddie on my lap!!!! Absolute madness, and i'm actually quite peeved about it, do they really think I'd be stupid enough to do such a thing!?

Is any one else noticing the whole 'whoa I dont know who this person is' freak out? The last wk or so Maddie has been bursting into tears if someone she doesnt know too well picks her up. Poor bub, she gets so worked up, she's even getting tears down her face. Another reason why i'm worrying about childcare.

I know i've missed personals on alot of you, I hope you are all well and that your lovely babies are being little angels for you!

Whoa Hayley your up late too!! Rory went from settling himself at 4 weeks onwards (once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light) to needing to be cuddled almost every time before bed. At first I was worried about it but I just remember JaZmum's & Sherie's (I think it was Sherie??) posts about making the most of it, because they grow up so fast. ...It keeps me sane LOL! Oops getting off track a bit! But if you just explain to them like you have just done to us it should be fine. You will feel better about it if you put everything down, HEY write a 2 page note on how you want her to be looked after, atleast you know you have it in writing for them.
    Ive had a few people suggest I just put Rory on my lap too! Its suprising how many people just dont understand the danger of doing that!

God im so busy this weekend! Saturday we have got a Christmas party lunch and then a christmas party dinner. Sunday ive got another Christmas party lunch and we have a christmas dinner in the evening. Ohhhhh! Im looking forward to it but I know im going to be exhausted. For some unknown reason I offered to make trifle for 3 of the parties.....Its going to be impossible!
    Last edited by reneenay; December 20th, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

hi everyone
    thanks for the wishes about poor Noah - he is doing OK now and so are his parents!!! I have notices he has been alittle bit spewy since them - is this a normal reaction? he has just had a few spews - not every feed (and i am feeding him a LOT) so I am not too concerned but thought i'd check to maike sure he isnt ill. With regard to the next vaccines - well they tell me to go ahead with them as normal but know he reacts (and as he will have antibodies already the reaction may be strionger) so give him panadol before and lots of monitoring... me, I am in 2 minds about this. I was already nervoius about it as i had a reaction to them when i was little...and now this happened... Poor boy. the main thing was the temp - the breathing i think was misdiagnosed as the resp rate they said was really fast and then he was normal by the time the 2nd dr in the critical care (not ICU just thje bit behind emergency) saw him. in fact he was cooing and laughing and playing - we ended up with a crowd of drs and nurses who wanted to play with him - i thin kworking in that environment it was nice for them to see a happy and healthy baby! i dont know what to do really - i guess i have 2 mnths to work it out. ia m off to the gp later today anyway to have him checked to make sure he is ok still so i will talk to him about it.
    Today is DH bday - it is so much harder plan things for him now we have Noah. I go tup v early - iced the cake i made him to take to work and made him pancakes in bed. i had ti all timed around feeding Noah but of course he slept in late til 8am today! so my whole schedule was thrown off. I dressed him ina DAD ROCKS top to say Happy Bday to DH! he was gorgeous laughingand chatting to DH is bed - soooooooooooooooo cute! I cant believe chg in our life since DH last bday - we were off to Cuba and Caymans then, living in London, not preg yet etc etc. wow.
    Hayley (LP) - glad DOCS went well, it is disappointing they are not v thorough when they have such an important job to do. but i am glad you dont have anything to worry about. i am still in awe of you.
    Noni - glad u like your new bag! i also got a new one last week - another Oi Oi - gorgeous moroccan design, matches my pram perfectly!
    We chgd our pram around last night fromt he basinette to the stroller (which goes in 3 possies so he can still sleep in it lying down) - I am IN LOVE with it!! I wish it wasnt so rainy so i could walk around all day LOL!
    OK better go - a few jobs to do while N is napping.
    Hope you are all well - sorry ii have missed so many personals, I am slack these days.

XXX

PS whoever bought the new bonds easy suits - i also got 2 of them and they are fab - i use them at night.

so glad everything is ok with noah pregpan- how scarey!!
    gorgeous that he put on a show for all the nurses, little ladies' man lol!
    i know what you mean about your life being totally different, i am packing right now to go away to sydney for xmas and i can't get my head around all the stuff i have to take. organising myself, dp, lewis and the dog is too much! i don't know how some of you ladies with multiple kids do it!
    i was the one who bought the bonds easysuits- do you find them hard to pull over noah's bum to change his nappy? maybe lewis just has a really big bum but i find the suit really hard to get over his bum. he already has cellulite all over it! i think he's turning into a mini me!

Back again ladies - so sorry i haven't been around but preparing to drive south for christmas which is 3 days from ALice - aaggh! I am hoping the little chickadee goes ok - she usually travels ok in seat but has never had to do it for that long!
    She is having great days at moment with sometimes a couple of 40min naps but often a couple 3.5-4hr stints between feeds. BUt nights have been awful lately. SHe has slept once through the night in her little life. ANd was usually waking once around 1-2am but the last week she has been waking at least twice. WIth last nights effort after going down at 7pm she woke at bout 1am, 4am and then 7am. I am buggered and not sure what to do about it. I am hoping its a growth thing and/or just the humidity/heat. Not normally humid here but had storms hanging around for the last week. SHe used to wake up once during the night which i was happy with as meant i didn't have to get up to express. What do i do? Can't really do much till after the drive and holiday with family I guess - hopefully that will be enough to change her anyway?! Thankfully we are both flying back and DH is driving back with 3 other people earlier.
    Any ideas. I hope you all have a great christmas. Sorry i haven't written back/responded to all your posts since i last wrote - jusst wading through them all now.
    lu n hugs :-)

Speaking of multiple kids, I was watching a show on foxtel about a family with 1 x set of twins (both girls) and 1 x set of Sextuplets (3 boys & 3 girls)!!!!! Geeez you would kiss you sleep goodbye for the first 2/3 years!!! It was inspiring though

Asha was playing on her play mat on her tummy.. shes like a little cattarpillar lol legs up head and chest up but middle down trying to move forward lol.. she was all happy and then she started screaming and i ran over and shed spewed everywhere and faceplanted in it and had it all iver her face and in her eyes!!! poor thing lol once i cleaned it off she was fine but now ive just got her lying on her back lol..
    gotta go to the shops today to order dps birthday cake etc etc...
    re christmas business i have dps birthday on sat (pregpan i was just saying i bought a my dad rocks jump suit to put asha in that day haha) then christmas with my mums family sunday then monday dps dads family tuesday my dads side of the family and wednesday dps mums side of the family then thursday dps supposed to be working busy busy!!!
    sorry bout the lack of personals gotta get ready and go out before the shops get rediculously busy!!

Hullo Everyone ~

Just rewarded myself for walking to the shop with a king size choccie, no wonder i can't lose this extra 5kg .lol.

Scarlet is doing the strangest things with her body, she's like a little contortionist - They did tell me before i left hospy not to worry if she does funny things with her legs because as she was frank breech & will probably have double jointed hips but it's still freaky looking... She could join the circus .

I'm such an idiot, I bought DF's chrissie pressie off ebay & I'm STILL waiting for it - I really reeeeeally hope it's here before christmas but it doesn't look like it.

Art ~ What do you use on W when you take him swimming - The huggies little swimmer nappies?

Hayley ~ Can't believe they wanted you to take maddie on your lap! What are you growing in your vegie garden?

Hey Bilby ~ I hope you guys have a fantastic time away & your road trip goes well

Lol noni, poor little Asha face-planting it in her spew... it's a hard life being a baby!

Hope your all having a lovely day

Hayley xxx

LP, I use the little swimmers and I got a little UV proof tee-shirt and shorts swim set. We go to an inside pool but he is less slippery with clothing to hold onto.
    Apparently you can wash the little swimmers and reuse them, as long as the leg part is still fitting snuggly. They are really only for number 2's so if you go, don't pre-dress her in them before you go or you might end up with a wet car seat.

Thanks art ~ I probably would have pre-dressed her! I'm taking her swimming for the first time this weekend, I hope she likes it

P.S Your new pic of W is so cute!

arte - will looks cute in his jumparoo will have to post one of ash she still looks pretty tiny in hers though lol... hmmm really thats a bit yuk i mean i know little kids pee in the pool but geez lol i would have dressed Ash in them too do they not absorb at all? would a 10m trip be ok or not?
    lol lp thats my thinking well i just had a big walk so whats the harm? lol

any ideas why i cant upload pics? it keeps saying the file type isnt supported but i am not using a different file type just the same as always??

Noni, the photo gallery isn't working at the moment. I think Kelly has gone on holidays so it will get fixed when she gets back.

ohhhhhh thanks arte lol i could have spent hours there without even knowing haha

Oh Art, another question... lol... Do you know if suncream is safe? Do you use it on W?... I'm glad you've done all this first! haha

lp u can buy banana boat baby sunscrean i have used it on ash and she was fine it comes in a small roll on pink container..

Cool thanks noni - Lol, i love the banana boat baby!
    How was your shopping trip, did you tie up all your loose ends for christmas?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789