Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

"Meow" *MD meows like a cat to indicate she is tired* LOL!

No brain function left today for personals, the mastitis fairy came back last night. I put on my Doc Martins and kicked her in the teeth. Poor timing really, I had to finish the IL's quilt last night so I was sewing in a heated hallucinatory haze. Haven't actually looked at the quilt since the fever broke so it'll be a surprise as to whether it actually looks ok or not.

I now formally declare an armistice on eating Sweet things for Christmas - it doesn't count if you say "ho ho ho" at least once a day! I'm going to try making (first time ever) white christmas, and little almond biscuits and maybe something else slicey, MIL is bringing the rum balls LOL. We also do a nice dessert where you hollow out a panettone and fill it with a christmassy icecream mix YUM.

Sherie, really hope L is feeling back to normal by Christmas! I agree the 5 year prognosis is neither here nor there, my grandpa was given a 6 mth prognosis but hung in there for another 8 years (!) So you never really know.

Noni well done on getting the BF a present, it's in the spirit of Christmas really.

OK, gotta go, having a wrapping blitz today while DD1 is still at school so I don't end up sitting up at 2.00am on Christmas Eve which is what normally happens LOL.

ETA, I think a swing is a really good idea, just never thought to do it ourselves! LOL E settles pretty easily but it'd be handy during the day when she's grizzly I think.

i could have swarn i posted!!! mustnt have clicked the post button lol..
    not much to report here the bedtime routine went over really well she was in bed at 9 and i went in two times as i said to put the dummy in and she woke at 1am to be feed (well we got her out of bed to dream feed and she woke up lol) and then again at 6am and then back to sleep in our bed till 11am which was nice!!
    md - i was thinking about making white christmas too or maybe dark christmas lol think it might be a bit more popular in our family lol not sure yet i got a new recipe book that has the recipe for both so we will see hehe...
    re settling the thing that works for ash in the day time or when shes really cranky is her vibrating bouncer it vibrates and i bounce it at the same time and she drifts off and when shes asleep i stop bouncing and after a while if shes in a deep sleep i switch the vibration off... or as i said at 9 she goes in her cot and we do self settling she rarely sleeps in her cot during the day atm but i dnt mind if shes in the loungeroom with us because noise dosnt seem to bother her once shes asleep...

Just a quicky for anyone interested in swings - the fisher price sensory swing is on special at target for $96. I just got one for some friends that are having a baby.

My grobag just arrived - will see how it goes tonight. Hopefully well, last night she had a topup at 9 because we were struggling to get her settled and then she woke at 12!! DH picked her up at one stage and said 'no wonder she's upset, she's so sweaty'. I said 'no, she's just done a big vomit, that's why the back of her head is all wet'. Poor thing.

MD - hope the gastro fairy doesn't decide to revisit you too!! I hope you gave the mastitis fairy a good kick - right out into the middle of the Pacific Ocean so she can't bother anyone else over the holidays.

2 hours and DH will be home for 5 whole weeks!!!

LP - Scarlet settle very easily it sounds like. I think I am good at picking up K's signs, yawning, rubbing eyes, snuggling into me, but the moment that she goes horizontal, she starts crying. Usually only a couple of minutes, if that, but it would be so much nicer if she smiled and looked forward to nap time!

No sign of teeth here, but I probably should pick up some Bonjela, just to have something in the cupboard for when it happens.

She's awake, have a great weekend everyone if I don't make it back on.

Merry Christmas to those that are heading off on their travels today.

Fianne - Maddie used to self settle all the time, but now as she gets older i'm finding she needs me to help her more. She doesnt need help at every sleep, however if i put her down and she's crying and fussing alot, I take her out, put her on my bed and just lie next to her shhhing. Then i put her back in the cot drowsy, but not asleep and she drifts off easily. Try that. Also put Max down when she's calm, if when you leave the room she starts making noises, just leave her to it, unless she really gets worked up then pick her up and try again. Sometimes i find Maddie will grizzle a bit but drops off after ten mins. Its all trial and error really isnt it, but i find the above mentioned helps alot with Maddie so maybe give it a go.

Cally - Grobags are great. Maddie always uses them at night now. During the day I just lightly wrap her, with arms out, in a wrap. Yay for DH being home!!!

Marydean - Yum white christmas! I am planning on making truffles. Its a bit silly of me, but I am leaving my food shopping till this Sunday or Monday to get everything fresh, but I'm guessing the shops will be absolutely packed.

Hayley - Wow Scarlet is such a good little girl!

Jazmum - My parents said the same to me about trying to figure out sleep signs etc. I was the first so by the time they'd had their third baby, they were alot better at figuring out what baby wanted. I guess its all trial and error with your first and hopefully by the time you reach your 2nd/3rd its easier, as i'm sure it is for you.

Another thread already???

Pregpan, poor Noah with the reaction. On the other hand, I am sure he brightened up the drs & nurses' day

Katie, well done on Logan's weight

Thank you for all the replies on childcare. It raises my hope on finding good carers for W.
    Btw, I never realised that we've lots of mummies with childcare expertise in our thread. Let me know if any of you is planning to open FDC or work in any childcare near my area, I will definitely enrol W there! You all love kids and are wonderful carers

ATM I am reading 100 ways to calm the crying, one of the advice there is to 'surround yourself with positive voices'. Thinking about it, you ladies are my positive voices!Thanks so much. I never regret joining BB

To all who is going away, have a safe trip!

Hope all the teething babies are okay.

And Merry Christmas in advance, in case I dont have the chance to logon.

Gotta go now, he is awake
    Last edited by spring_ag; December 21st, 2007 at 03:58 PM.

just a quick post- we're getting organised and packing to head up to sydney at 6am tomorrow...just wanted to say merry christmas and happy holidays to all you yummy mummies and beautiful babies out there!
    thank you so much for all your support and friendship this year.
    i had my work xmas lunch today and caught up with lots of people i haven't seen since before the birth. i think a lot of them were very impressed with how well i'm doing and how happy i seem with motherhood. i have to say how much this is a result of all the support i have received from bb.
    well, have a wonderful xmas everyone. wish me luck with our 10 hour journey! mwah!

didn't realize that so many of us are going somewhere for christmas. would like to wish everyone the merriest of christmases! to those driving, drive safe.
    catch you in the new year! (for those who won't be on while away...i'll probably pop in now and then while in perth)
    lastly, thank you lovely ladies/yummy mummies for all your support through 2007. through pregnancy to birth to infancy. my dp and i have been telling everyone how much bb has helped us.

Merry Christmas to everyone that wont be on over the next few days.. everyone thats going away have safe and happy trips!!! dnt forget to let your hair down on NYE!!!
    and i second what u said fianne no idea what dp and i would do without bb cant believe there is somehwere so supportive and friendly to help you through pregnancy, birth and raising beautiful children cant put into words how much it means to me *tear* lol
    betime routine works beautifully two nights in a row *noni does a happy dance*..

Cally, no I think the gastro fairy went to Bateman's Bay for holidays, last I heard...

Noni, so dark christmas is like a chocolate-crackle/white-chrissy hybrid?

ATM I am reading 100 ways to calm the crying, one of the advice there is to 'surround yourself with positive voices'. Thinking about it, you ladies are my positive voices!Thanks so much. I never regret joining BB
    Agnes, what a wonderful thing to say, I feel exactly the same way, thank you everyone for making this such a positive place to be!

And a Very Happy Christmas to all the ladies heading off to be with loved ones! Look forwards to hearing your festive highlights!

Awww, i'm getting all emotional reading your posts (in between yelling at dh who's had a few drinkies at his work xmas party - carrying on about some nonsense lol)
    I'd like to wish you all a very merry xmas also. I hope you all stay safe
    (just had to dash off while typing - Jess just threw up all of tonights party food - in her bed. yucko!)

well its officially dps bday now and hes got his presents and is stoked lol will dress asha in the suit tmw though coz shes back in bed after her feed like a good girl... i took the tetra out today coz shes getting too big for it and squinches herself up in it lol and i put her in the cot without it and shes all sprawled out lol.. she wont keep her sheet tucked in though she just kicks it off is that a sids risk at all? if she wont stay tucked in its only a cotton sheet and her arms are out anyway but i am worried lol...
    md yeah it has coa coa in it so its like white christmas but chocolate lol i can post the recipe if u want...
    yuk jazmum something i dnt look forward to lol

MERRY CHRISTMAS SEPTEMBER 2007 GIRLS!!!!!!!

I hope you and your little ones have a fantastic new year!
    XOXOX Renee, Dwayne & Rory

Noni - Where are you going for Christmas??? Hope your DP has a wonderful birthday Sounds like Asha has made his day already! Im glad the routine is working out for you guys.

Fianne - The weather is lovely here in Perth atm! Although I was told Christmas day is going to be 38! NOOO!

Gracie - Have a safe trip to Sydney! Although you would be half way there by now, have a fantastic time!!

Agnes - Sounds like a good book! Was it expensive??

Sherie - I hope your stepdad is doing okay. Thinking of you xoxox

JazMum - Oh no I hope Jess isnt sick!! Hope she just ate too much LOL! Dwayne is the king of carrying on when he is a bit tipsy, so i know how you feel haha. Its so frustrating, he repeats the same story 20 times!

Well better run and TRy to get organised, its going to be a crazy weekend! Dwayne is already stressing me out because he is stressed out!
    Last edited by reneenay; December 22nd, 2007 at 11:29 AM.

Merry Christmas September Mums, Bubs & family.

Thank you all so much for all your support & kindness in 2007!

Hope all of you that are travelling have a safe & happy journey

I probably wont be on to post again until sometime after christmas as i have SO much to do, DF called in some favours & managed to get us a jumping castle for christmas day! How cool is that! - So now we have the jumping castle, slip & slide, pinatas, pass the parcels & I made a ball pit with a cheap blow up kid's pool for the little ones... lol.. my backyard is going to look like an amusement park. Plus, there are so many people to cook for.. AH! I should have done what i could have earlier because now it's just a mad rush to get things ready.

Take care everyone xxx

Hayley
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; December 22nd, 2007 at 11:47 AM.

DD did not want to go to sleep last night. We started the bed time routine at 8, she finally dropped off at 10:45!! At first she was wide awake, we had gone for a walk after dinner and she fell asleep then and I think that threw her out. Then she was alternating between overtired signs and alert and looking around at things. Very frustrating and DH and I were getting grumpy at each other because we both wanted to go to bed!! Hopefully tonight goes better, although if it doesn't cool down it won't.

We had a lovely day, met the family at the halfway point between here and Canberra and had lunch for my sister's 30th. Very nice.

Noni - glad the routine worked for you again.

LP - sounds like your place is going to be the place to be on Tuesday!!

Renee - wow, that is hot. It's going to be 22 here, so much for DD in a pretty summery outfit!

She's awake, gotta go.

cant wait till we get this whole room thing sorted out!!! we just got given a bright starts floor mat thing with a pillow that kinda props her up when shes on her tummy with toys attatched to it lol we arehaving major space issues!!!
    cally - hope katie goes to sleep well for u tnite
    lp - can i come too!!!!!!! wow how awesome does that sound!!!
    renee - we will be in maroubra on chrissi day the other days are local tmw is my mums place with her family, mond dps dads, tues my aunts at maroubra, wed dps aunts and thurs dp is working lol so very busy!!!
    better go and get dps cake ready

hi everyone
    noni - hope dp is enjoying his birthday today.
    cally - it's annoying when they do that isn't it. I went shopping this afternoon, and Dh looked after the girls. Hannah should have gone to sleep but wouldn't and so was antzy the whole time for him. When i got home he was cranky as, so i took her and she went to sleep straight away hehe.
    LP - those kids are going to have such a fantastic christmas - way to go with the jumping castle!!!
    queenie - was thinking of you today - "Wang Chung" came on the radio lol.
    Well, Jess is still sick today. Hasn't been able to keep anything down. I'm not sure when it stops being 'too much party food' and turns into a nasty virus. Any ideas?
    wrapping presents tonight and baking and trying to tidy the house. It was tidy for a whole hour on thursday !!!

Oh dear Jazmum, sounds like the gastro fairy has moved on up to Brisbane! Hope Jess gets better soon and is OK for Christmas day!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast