Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

am watching a change table on ebay for when we move rooms as atm we have change mat on a big sideboard that isnt coming into the bedroom for space sake its wooden looks nice so u guys think they are a worthwhile thing to have??

Jazmum, it's all in the fever apparently. Too much party food - vomits, lies down to rest, starts to feel better. Virus, vomits and vomits and vomits, and has a temp. Give that gastro fairy a kick for me. She's getting around - some of the girls at Guides have had it recently too. Hope she's feeling better soon and it's option A.

Cally, it's tricky when they're doing overtired but they don't act sleepy. We had that today at the shops, I got her to sleep just after arriving (thinking then we'd have at least an hour to trundle around). Ten minutes later DD1 set off a noisy musical drum right next to the pram - waking her up into startled alertness. *sigh* We had to hang around because we had a Dr's appt before going home so it wasn't the pleasantest shopping experience I've had lately!

Noni - yay on Dp's birthday, sounds like you made it a really spesh day for him. I love having a change table - mines a bit too short for me cos I'm tall but much easier than heaving up and down off the floor which is what I did all the way thru with DD1.

LP - woohoo, I'm packing my car and heading to your house for Chrissy day LOL. I wanna jump on the jumpy castle! I'll even help wash up afterwards...

Queenie, how are you going hun? Sasha must be doing some new and exciting things that you haven't told us about yet!

Love to all, gotta go and read some Christmas stories before DD's bedtime!

i just won a wooden changetable for $45 its second hand but its still in good condition

yay noni!!!!
    md - she had a very slight temp today, and a little bit of diarrhea, so i think the 'spewy pooey fairy' has cast a spell up here . She is much better, but we'll see how tonight pans out. What stories does your Miss H like you to read to her?

MERRY CHRISTMAS SEPT 07 MUMMYS, HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MEMORABLE CHRISSY WITH YOUR FAMILY AND NEW BUBS

Noni - Thats a bargain! I have a change table, its the most used item in the nursery, apart from the cot! You will love it. Have a look for one of those change table caddy's that attach to the side and hold your wipes, cream etc. They are great too, but unfortunately I entered the room yesterday and mine had somehow crashed to the floor and broke, so I wrote a letter to the manufacturer (as its only 2 mths old) to see if they will replace it lol hope it works.

Jazmum - Oh no hope she is well before christmas!!!

Marydean - An overtired baby and shopping...oh I have so been there lol. Its horrible isnt it. I just managed to get my overtired bub off to sleep after half an hr of trying to relax her, my own fault, I saw the tired signs but let her go too long before I took her to bed.

Hayley - Chrissy day is going to be great fun at your house!

Question for the mummies with older children - do you do the whole leave milk and cookies out for santa and then mum/dad eats a bit to make it look like Santa came!? Hehe DP and I cant wait to do that sorta stuff!!!!

Well Santa is almost here yay! We shopped like mad yesterday and I think we are organised. Just need to have a pressie wrap-a-thon lol.

Hi everyone

Yay - I have 5 minutes to post, sneaky sneaky... Have to do more shopping today It's sooo packed all the time & i get serious shopper rage! I wish they would close down the plaza just for me!
    I have decided next year i am only buying box-shaped gifts because every other shape is a PIA to wrap, especially when i'm trying to fight the cat for the ribbon & she's picking up my gift tags & running around the house with them.

Noni ~ That bright stars thing sounds great! Gratz on the bargain change table - I use mine all the time, Scarlet loves laying on it for some reason.

Jazmum ~ I hope Jess is feeling better for chrissie! A whole hour LOL You guys beat us! we're lucky to last 5 minutes with a clean house.

Hayley ~ I'm doing the milk & cookie thing with the girls this year, Plus a carrot & a glass of water for rudolph. Every easter my sister puts giant muddy bunny footprints through the house, Her girls love it.

I feel so christmassy!

Well, I think my life is finally starting to slow down a little LOL. We had my family over last night as we normally do Christmas eve together, but this year they are heading to Melb to see my sister. The kids got spoilt as usual though. Lindsay got the Transformers DVD and a talking Optimus Prime mask that you wear and you can either talk in it and it changes your voice or it says phrases from the movie. Erin and Paige both got the Barbie island princess karaoke head thing, which would have to be one of the most annoying toys ever - especially when they get both of them going and they are out of sync with one another LOL. Alister got a leap frog 'Tiny tad' toy which sings and talks, but it freaks him out a little bit ATM, plus he got a fisherprice truck with a cow driving it and a pig and sheep on the back of it. They also got a see-saw too, which has already seen a few spills and knocks to the head happen.

So now I am just waiting for Christmas day. DH is back at work until the 27th so we have no other plans at all.

Alister is really getting mobile now. I put him on the floor and he is all over the floor now, just moving himself around by either rolling or laying on his side and pushing off with his feet. I have a patchwork mat that I put him on but he doesn't stay on it for long. He has also turned into an inqusitive feeder and likes to look around all the time now while he is feeding, which makes it hard when we are out in public and all he wants to do it look around. He is getting much more responsive with the older kids too. When he is in his rocker chair he makes loud noises to get their attention if they are near him and when they turn to him he gives them a big smile and they are loving that he is doing that now.

Hayley, we've done the 'santa's been here' thing before, but we don't worry about it now. Lindsay *knows* the santa secret (I was his age when I clicked about santa too - and I had it comfimed the following year by busting mum and dad in the act) and the girls are too excited about the day in general to notice.

Jaz, that's a real bummer about the gastro, but I hope it is gone before Tuesday. Both times Lindsay has had it it's been different both times. Apparently there have even been kids get middle ear infections and tonsilitis with it too - imagine dealing with that on top of gastro? ugh.

LP, I love wrapping presents and making them look really nice, but I hear you on the odd shaped things LOL. This is going to be the most special Christmas for the big girls, they will be so excited.

Noni - well done on the change table, you will find it really useful. I was thinking about not getting one but am very glad we did. My back is sore enough as it is without having to clamber up from the floor after every nappy change as well!!

Sherie - wow, Alister is getting around. Still no signs of rolling from back onto tummy for Katie.

Hayley - we would always leave a beer and cookies out for Santa. And a bucket of water for the reindeer on the front porch. We always wrote letters to Santa on Christmas Eve and left them out and he would reply to us. That kept going even when we knew about Santa and the letters are actually really funny to read now - mum kept them all.

Had trouble getting DD off to sleep again last night. DH took over and I went to bed. Then she was up at 1 and 3, then 7:30. He did playtime with her then and I had another nap.

We are having housecleaning day today. Getting it all out of the way so we can have a relaxing day tomorrow before the big day on Tuesday. It's a bit of a disaster zone here at the moment.

Have a lovely day everyone.

back from a biiiiig day with lots of ppl for ash poor little darling is sooo over tired but she was so well behaved.. i dnt usually put her in her cot until her night sleep at 9ish but my cousin and her bf are over (the party goes on hehe) they live in darwin and we dnt see them much so its really nice to have them over a bit while they are down!!! ive blocked out all the light in there and i read her story and gave her her bunny turned on the music etc etc and shes had a few grizzles but i know once she finally drops off she will have a better sleep in there tired little poppet..
    no time for personals sorry

hi everyone
    another tired family here too! Had two parties to go to, the girls got very spoiled!!! Jess is better today, so thankfully it was just over indulgence on her part.
    Hayley- we always leave a bikkie and a drink for santa and a bowl of water outside for the reindeer.
    cally- i hope K sleeps better for you tonight - H was restless again last night too, so i'm dizzy again from lack of sleep
    sherie - sounds like your kids got very spoilt!! do you just spend xmas day at home ?

hello everyone!! happy christmas eve!!
    we are off to another family doo this afternoon lol hope ash will be ok shes still quite tired from yesterday!!
    yesterday we got home and she slept then woke up and slept in her bouncer lol then went back to bed at 9 fed at 10 and didnt feed again till 8am wooohoooo lol 10 hours!!! then she went back to sleep till 11 fed at 12 and is now snoozing in her bouncer lol tired little thing!!! shes fine though still lots of happy smiles when she is awake and eating well just very tired haha...
    jazmum - good to hear it was just over indulgance would be awful for her to be sick over christmas!!

Happy christmas Eve! Ooh Santa will be departing soon to deliver all his pressies to children all over the world! (lol sorry couldnt help myself!) I love christmas and cant wait till Maddie is old enough to understand it.

Seems like everyone is flat out with christmas do's. Its lots of fun but very tiring isnt it. We didnt get home from one till 12 last night and by the time we got off to bed it was 1. Poor DP is buggered and at work. Not to mention Maddie slept like a log, had a quick feed and is back to bed. I also think its the hot weather. We are going to another later this arvo, and they have a pool. I've got Maddie's rashie suit and suncream ready to go. I've already done the suncream patch test on her foot just to make sure! Then a full on chrissy day as well! I'm sure you are all much the same.

Sherie - Your lucky kids have been spoilt! Do they sleep well on chrissy eve or do they wake early? Alister is doing very well by the sounds of it.

Noni - Asha is a good girl, well done. Seems your bedtime routine is working really well good on you.

Cally - I hear you on the house cleaning, ive been doing it all day. Still in my PJ's whoops.

Hayley - Christmas will be exta special for you this year, with Scarlets first christmas, and then you have the girls as well, bet they are excited!

Jazmum - Must be the same with your girls, wow cant wait till Maddie is older (but at the same time dont want to wish this time away iykwim)

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

Fingers crossed bubs give all of us mummies a lovely present - a long sleep!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND WISHING YOU ALL A WOUNDERFUL DAY

Olivia slept all night again for the 3 night in a row and mummy is very pleased. We were all up at 5.30am to see what santa had left under the tree. What a wonderful joy it is to see their little smiling faces unrapping the pressies. (I was up to 11pm still wrapping them) any way have a wonderful day to all and I will catch up with you all soon.

Lots of Love
    Leanne

Happy Happy Christmas to all my dear BB friends!

Wishing you all a wonderful day...E is loving her new lamaze spinny play gym and DD1 is thrilled that Santa brought a trampoline! Spending a gorgeous lazy day with the family. Can't wait to hear all about how it's gone for everyone with bubbies.

LP Thinking of you with all the dozens of kids running around at your place

xxx to you all

MERRY CHRISTMAS SEPTEMBER MUMMIES AND FAMILIES
    hope everyone is having a wonderful day with your families
    Last edited by *noni*e*; December 25th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

Merry christmas everyone! Wow what a busy day. We are all exhausted, Maddie is bombed out in the cot. Its so flipping hot in Perth, we spent all day in the spa eating and drinking, absolute bliss. Madeline has been spoilt rotten as usual. She got a jolly jumper with the musical mat which I am happy to say she loves, teddy bears, a golly wog!!! (brings back my childhood memories), clothes, tummy time mirror, books, a couple of dingly dangly toys, rattles, bunnykins set, FP rainforest soother and baby bandz sunglasses which are so funky, she looks like a cool kid lol. We had an excellent christmas, hope you all had (or are having) a great day with your families and new bubs.

morning everyone!!!!
    Hope you all had a terrific day yesterday
    We are spending today trying to find places for all of the presents the girls got!!!! OMG!!!!
    Marydean, Santa brought a trampoline here as well! I just had a quick go - and i can't believe i can still do a 'sit down on your butt and land on your feet' jump!!! (the girls were quite impressed) then dh got on and did about 6 different tricks in a row - show off LOL!!
    Han was soo good yesterday. She slept in our arms for most of the day, but was as happy as larry.
    I'm worried she might have thrush in her mouth. Her tongue is covered in white stuff, which doesn't seem to come off. i googled it this morning, and the info i found was that the tongue and roof of the mouth is usually red and inflamed with little white spots, but Hannah's isn't inflamed. Not sure whether i can just go to the chemist and let them have a look (i think my gp is on holidays) what do you ladies think? i know some of you dealt with this earlier on.
    anyway, hope you're enjoying your day, catch up with you all soon.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast