Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

Haley, your montage is beautiful, reminded me of all the anticipation and excitement (and anxiety) of pregnancy. Seems like so long ago now.

Ozstar, hope Logan is feeling better tomorrow. We also got married in Feb 2006, I spent our first anniversary curled up in bed feeling like crap and DH played video games. Hoping we could do something a bit better this year. This rain is crazy. It is never going to end...

Noni, hope your eye doesn't go wonky. I wish I didn't need glasses but I am too scared to get the eye laser surgery.

Hello everyone

Cally my hairdresser's failproof cradle cap prevention/remedy method is to rub a bit of J&J baby lotion on bub's head every day after their bath. I'll be doing this at the first signs of it as pharmacy-grade olive oil smells gross and well so does vaseline! Thanks for Bebepod info, i'd seen it on that website. If eBay doesn't come up with the goods in the next week, will get me a new one!

LOL at Queenie's 'excuses' to wear DH's undies! He must have nice ones, my DH is a bit of an undie pleb unfortunately. I hear you on the fully laden clothes horses, we have a mega-horsie, collapses if you don't grab it with at least seven hands when you're trying to move it. Love my dryer more and more, I'm with Sherie on chucking the smalls through it. These days all the baby clothes count as smalls (!) Dammit what was feminism for if we can't chuck our clothes in the dryer.

Noni your eyes don't go wonky. I think mine are already half way there...stopped wearing my glasses when I was pg, will have to dig them out again I think. I couldn't read something on the telly the other night and DH laughed at me!

Hey, we'll have to get a club going for all the ladies who got married/engaged at AGE 21 (common theme). DH & I eloped to the registry office three weeks short of my 21st birthday. Did it all again with friends and family two years later (my real wedding). Gawd makes me feel like an oldie...

Katie, hope Logan's better tomorrow. The temp should be pretty short-lived, poor little chicken. Not looking forwards to getting ours done.

Hayley, thanks for asking about the ILs. They're leaving tmrw. They've stayed with us a few nights and visited most other days and I've been going insane for the last few days. Can't stand FIL constantly bignoting himself! Can't stand the same stories repeated over and over (DH says they're getting Alzheimers but I think they just lead boring lives and don't have much too talk about - dangerous combo considering they both talk INCESSANTLY). Uh oh now I'm sounding like a *****y ungracious hostess but I started withholding cutlery because I got sick of getting to the table and everyone else had practically finished eating before I even sat down (!) AND they waxed lyrical about how much they missed the other grandkids then realised DD was listening and had to back peddle madly by saying they'll miss our kids now that they've spent time with them (!) *vent over* BTW I'll have a look at your birth montage one day when my brain is not so fried. I've been doing some research and it's amazing how little you can get done in between baby interruptions!

I'd heard about the olive oil for cradle cap, but like the vaseline it sounds pretty gross!! I like your hairdressers remedy MD - will try that when we get back home.

DD did not want to settle last night (she ended up being awake for 6 hours, minus 20 minutes she feel asleep on me). We have had problems with 3 of the 4 nights we have been away, which have all coincided with when my sister and her husband are around for dinner so they're going to have daytime K time over the weekend. Last week she was so good at self settling for bed. Hopefully she's right when we get home. Even had my dad telling me last night how he used to get my sister to go to sleep!!

Md - enjoy your day without the inlaws - hope they headed off early so you can enjoy the weekend with DH.

Ozstar - hope Logan is better today. I need to ring and make an appt for K's next round this week. I'm going to make DH come this time and help keep her calm.

I wear glasses too - haven't as much lately, am worried they are going to go flying across the room if K grabs them!!

Hayley - will go and try and find your birth montage.

Hi lovies!
    MD can I join the club?? we got married at 26 but got together when we were 20... actually DH was 19; I am such a cradle snatcher LOL.
    Good on you for withholding the cutlery!! Isn't it funny how guilty we can feel about the IL visits - but that's what BB is for, to vent! hee hee - did I tell you guys that MIL voiced her "concern" to my parents about how much S was crying??? She was 5-6 weeks old at the time, i.e. peak crying - WTF?????? I was livid.
    PS I hear you on the smalls in the dryer - I hate scratchy baby clothes! I figure if it would bother me, then it'd REALLY bother her.
    oh man, gotta go and comfort the screaming baby

Hi Ladies,

Katie- I hope Logan is feeling better soon. Olivia is going for her needles on thursday morning.
    Cally- I use baby oil.

Weddings - DH and I were living together and said hey lets get married. He was 23 and I was 28. We were married in Aug 2000 and have been together for 11 years this year (doesnt feel that long). Yes I am a craddle snatcher. hehehehehe. When we first met I knew he was the one.

Well DH and I are going out tonight for my cousins 18th birthday dinner and Grandmas coming over to babysit. Yipppeee looking forward to eating with not having to run around after kids.

Have a wonderful day

Arte I think I was sick on our aniversary too lol.

Queenie don't you hate when people think they know better then you do.

Cally I hope K settles soon. It didnt take Logan long to settle once we got home.

MD good for you withholding cuttlery, how rude to start eating with out you.

Leanne hope you have a great night out tonight.

Logan is back to his little mischievous self today. I had better go and od some house work, its so humid today and I dont feel like doing anything.

dp and i got together on his 17th bday and his 22nd bday still passed we did have a period in there where we broke up for about a month but we dnt include it lol..
    had a good day today went and saw an old friend from work it was really good.. now if dp would just be nice to me itd be perfect

Oh Cally hun I really hope K settles for you - you must be worn out. We've had lots of unusual staying-awake behaviour from E this last week - harder to pick the tired signs and a lot more protesting (read: hysterical crying) about going to bed too. A few times I've just shoved her on the boob cause I just can't think what else to do, it works about 80% of the time.

Leanne, I'm sure you'll enjoy your evening out. You could call it cradle snatching or maybe you were just smart enough to score yourself a toy boy! LOL

Man I really wish my body wasn't so creaky and sore, there's a kick-ass party going on about three gardens away and they are playing ALL my favorite dancing music (!) Makes me wish I could put on my dancin shoes and head out for some boogying....but still having problems with my back and hips post-pg and the way I groove I'd put myself in a wheelchair. They don't warn you your whole body might fall apart from having a baby, do they? Good incentive though to start expressing and storing...anyone else storing EBM?

Arte I just love your ticker pic of Will....so adorable.

MD I have been storing some EBM, I dont have much though as I dont seem to have a lot of milk. I have been expressing to build up my supply and then freezing it so I have some stored. I try and put Logan on the boob when he is unsettled too, it used to work but he doesnt seem to get much now.

I just found out that both my dad and DH's dad are getting married this year. We had planned on trying to save this year and not doing any trips to Sydney.... guess that plan is going out the window now.

Katie, just get them to plan their weddings a week apart so you can just do the one trip LOL! Glad Logan sounds happier today.

Noni, glad you had a nice day. DPs and DHs can be a bit dense sometimes. I read this book about getting them to do what you want them to - first you give them a compliment, then you ask for the behaviour you want, then when they do it, praise them again. Seriously this is foolproof, they get their ego stroked twice and you get what you want from them, everyone's happy LOL!

Man that party music is getting better & better! They were singing one of my all time sing along songs about 15 mins ago, I bet some neighbour rings up with a noise complaint soon (probably the same ones who did the barking complaint grrrrrr). Well it kept me entertained for a couple of hours anyway!

hello everyone, it is so hot in Melbourne atm!!! it is driving me crazy. i have basically not left the house today except to go to the supermarket to get food and to quickly take the dog up to the park. it's too hot to do anything!!!

Sherie- i wish you lived near me -i'd send my sparky dp over there to fix up your dodgy wiring quicksmart!! ha, that's sweet that your dh proposed at your 21st. what a beautiful time in your life that would have been...

Arte- are you going to join the weight loss challenge? i ate way too much today...oh well, back on the bandwagon tomorrow i guess...i know what you mean about Will talking to everything. Lewis does the same! in fact, some days he yells at everything...so funny. i think i may be losing some hair too. does yours come out in the shower? when i run out of undies, i wear dp's undies. gross i know!...and we use each others toothbrushes too...

lp-i wish we could have some of your rain down here. it's bl88dy boiling! can't believe you lost your ring! was df upset about it?? mine would kill me!!
    i love how your df asked you to marry him. so romantic. where did he get a box the size of a car from?? ebay maybe lol??

md- i like the sound of your wedding. we are tossing up our options of what to do. funny, i haven't even got a ring yet!! we have 2 clothes horses. they are the best, but they make the lounge room look a bit ugly! i haven't been storing ebm but i do think i should start soon! i think i need a copy of that book about getting men to do what you want...ring, ring, ring....ok, i',m sounding desperate now..lol

hayley- don't feel bad about putting maddie in childcare- you are such an awesome mum! you'll have to let us know how she goes on monday. i'm sure she'll be fine, and you'll probably enjoy the social contact of being back at work.

cally- that's a very romantic proposal, i'm jealous! did your dh live far away from you? have fun shopping with your sister. does she know what she's having?

queenie- your wedding sounds amazing. i can't believe your mum made your dress! did you copy it out of a magazine or make up the design yourself? let us know how ella and abigail are doing. i miss her...sounds like your MIL is as much of a PITA as mine ggrrr. butt out!!

katie- that's great that you've been together with your dh so long, were you high school sweethearts?

noni- enjoy getting your hair done. i love it!

leanne- hope you had a nice night out without the kids..

so hot...so bored....dp is away...

MD, I am another for the engaged at 21 club. We had been together for 3 years and knew that we were going to get married sometime, then DH brother had a car accident and was in a rehab center for head injuries so DH proposed so we could use the good news to help cheer up his family.

Oz, good to hear L settled back down. My ticker pic could have been cuter if the little bugger would smile for the camera lol. You ticker is cute too - W can't support himself on his tummy like that, he just flounders around like a fish out of water. I like MD's idea of getting them to have the weddings a week apart. My lovely cousin planned her wedding for a week after mine so that we didn't have to make an extra trip to NZ.

Gracie, I was going to do the weight loss challenge but I was too lazy to find a tape measure lol. I got back to my pre baby weight (which wasn't fantastic) about a month ago but can't seem to get rid of any more. I have dragged the exercise machine back inside though so that should help (if I use it!). My hair comes out in the shower, I lose a ton when I brush it, it even comes out if I just run my fingers through it.

Leanne, yay for a night out. Hope you had fun.

We went up to the Eumundi markets yesterday. The news promised me overcast but it was boiling hot. There were throngs of people that I couldn't be bothered battling so we had something to eat and I had a camel ride, then we headed to Noosa for lunch.

W seems to be going through a bit of breast refusal. I suspect he just doesn't like the cradle hold (he cries if I try to lay him down when there are better things to do) so I gave him water out of a sippy bottle because I was worried about him dehydrating in the heat. He really liked it, kept pulling the bottle to his mouth for more.

Yesterday he started to pat the cat and dog (read: slap in the face). It was very cute and they take it very well. The cat isn't going to feel deprived of attention in a few months when W can crawl lol It is so sweet how much Will likes the dog, he sits on my lap and watches her all the time and has huge smiles if she comes over to see him.

Arte - I too dragged the exercise bike out with the intention of using it. So far its been two weeks and no action! I hope you can sort out the breast feeding hiccup, sorry I have no advice I can really offer when it comes to BFing as we only did it for the first few weeks. I really hope the second time around I can BF seeing now as I know more about it and know what to expect.

Gracie - The weather in Melb is very hot atm isnt it!? Mind you its going to be 40 here tomorrow, on Maddie's 1st day in childcare.

Katie - Two trips to Sydney, lucky you! My MIL just mentioned to me that they wanted to pay to take us to Melb for two weeks, but we cant because I'm starting at work again! Big bummer.

Leemar - How was the 18th party?

Cally - Did you have a better night with Katie last night?

Marydean - Bet you are relieved that the in laws have left!

Oh noooo back to work tomorrow, so probably wont be on maybe until Wednesday....maybe not even Wednesday because I have to take DP to the airport. He is going to Brisbane for work, a holden car auction. Anyway I will try and get on, if not have a good week!!

Hi Ladies,

Well I had a wonderful night but am suffering now. Both DH and I woke up with splitting head aches and man my bones are aching. MD- lol I was dancing last night and wow I am paying for it today my body is not what it use to be. hehehehehe.

Hello to everyone and hope you all have a great day. I am off for a nap while its DH turn to look after the kiddies.

good morning ladies. hot here again!! on the news they said there was going to be a cool change at 6am so i took all the washing off the line last night...and NOTHING!! it is just as hot here today. maybe even hotter. i hate the heat so much!! that's one of the reasons i wanted to live in Melbourne to avoid this weather ggrrr
    Lewis kept me up all morning. he wakes up really really early- i'm not sure what the actual time is as we don't have a clock in our room, but i can tell you it's still dark...and he starts yelling and cooing and carrying on at the top of his lungs. he kicks and waves his arms around like he's having a party. then the bl**dy dog wakes up and comes in to see what all the commotion is and she gets excited and starts wagging her tail and jumping around and next thing you know there's a full fledge party going on at some ungodly hour!!! drives me insane....then it takes me ages to get back to sleep and then i get woken by the blistering heat.....sorry..vent over now...just very overtired and wish dp would come home to help me deal with it all..

arte- great to hear W is taking interest in the animals. i can't wait till L is big enough to actually play with the dog- take her out in the backgarden, throw the ball etc.- i know it's a few years away but it will be great for her to have someone to play with iykwim? she's definitely been neglected since L came along. we live on an acre block but do you think she actually uses any of her backgarden?? no. she hangs around the house all day like a big lazy cat.

hayley-- oohh sorry you have to work tomorrow and it's going to be 40! that sux...i ended up selling my treadmill on ebay cos it was gathering cobwebs and taking up space. i bought a coffee table and some pictures for the wall with the money!

leanne- it's funny how you can't party like you used to isn't it? dp and i are getting so old. we went out a few weeks ago to a pre xmas bbq and had a few too many drinks. i paid for it for about 3 days afterwards....oohh to be 19 again!

hope you all have a lovely day ladies. my house is filthy and i really want to clean it before dp gets home but i'm way too tired to deal with it so gonna go to dad's house and watch the cricket instead i think!

just very overtired and wish dp would come home to help me deal with it all..
    I hear you sister, that's exactly how I feel when DH goes away! Our lil fourlegged has his own doggie suite in the laundry, helps keep the early morning commotions down (plus he likes to sleep in anyway hehe don't we all).

Leanne - ROFL at paying for last night's excesses! Enjoy your nap hun.

Hayley - good like with M's first day in care tmrw. It might be a bit rough on you both to start with but you will both settle in just fine. Will your DP be gone for long?

Queenie, I didn't say how shocked I was at your MIL's comments, that is so over the line! Lucky my MIL doesn't dare say anything, #1 because she was a FDC lady for lots of kids for a long time in a not-terribly-educated part of the country (ie lots of holding tongue practice) but also because I'm BFing and she doesn't know the first thing about it so I'm kind of exempt from commentary. Hope you've well and truly seen the end of "peak crying" stage - it gets a lot more fun from here on!

Arte LOL at W and cat and dog! Sounds like he's a very busy lil boy! Is he feeding ok still?

hey all
    still cant drag myself away from the computer even though i am doing my eyes damage lol oh well..
    Ashas been drinking alot less sometimes lately but shes still hungry its really weird!! ive given her rice cereal (bellamys organic) a few times which she likes on and off (she only gets like one or two tea spoons every few weeks) and this morning i gave her some banana blended with boiled water (again only around 2 teaspoons) and she is really loving it lol i always give her formula first and like i said its at most once a week she gets something today she left 70mls in her bottle so gave her the banana and she got really excited lol.. she dosnt vomit on food the way she does on bottles though i guess that could be purely the difference in the amounts shes getting...
    gracie - i am not enjoying the heat either strange for it to b so hot in melbourne i also thought about moving there to avoid the heat
    leanne - shame about the headache but glad you had a good night out.. is olivia still having apples?
    haley - hope work goes well for you
    arte - hope will gets over his breast refusal, good that he likes water Ashas still not too sure about it lol she has a sippy cup too..
    md - sounds like i needa get a copy of that book!!!

wow Noni asha is growin up so fast!!
    mD I am picturing you having a boogie - man, it's been so long. I had the urge to go see a movie the other day but have to wait until the ones I want to see have crybaby sessions. I really want to see 27 Dresses as I have a frock fetish.
    MD & Gracie *preen* thanks for support re MIL!! LOL - if she was actually DH's mother I'd almost be able to swallow some of it but noooo... hee hee, have to laugh sometimes! Gracie thanks for your lovely comments re wedding - made my day!! (That AAMI ad set in the jewellry store was on TV just now during the cricket and I thought of you...) My dress: I tried on heaps and heaps of dresses from several different designers to get an idea of what shapes, styles and colours suited me first (gee it was fun!). We found a pattern which had a good basic shape and made changes until we were happy with the shape & fit. The dress itself was simple and sleek and made to fit my body: Mum did the sewing and fitting and I hand-beaded sections and made the veil. Couldn't believe how much some of those dresses cost: between $2-4000, whereas my dress & veil cost less than $200 and was a one-off. That's a LOT of food & grog for guests, or towards a house deposit or baby stuff etc!I think everyone would've assumed it came from a couturier except that i was running around telling everyone "Look what my mum made!"
    yay for the cool(ish) change...
    Leemar so glad to hear you had a fantastic night!
    haven't heard back from Ella yet, hope her DH is working fewer hours and that things are OK for them.
    HAyley i have to track down your montage now...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast