Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

Default Babies Born September 2007 #14

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

noni, completely agree with you - personal choice!
    lp your paintings are terrific - really original, I've not seen anythng like them. Do you use acrylic, gouache or oil? I love MD's idea of the TAFE course for arts business management. Definitely approach a cafe and see if they'd hang them for you... that's a great way to sell work too!
    just wanted to say how gorgeous everyone's babies are... I have been peeping at everyone's galleries!
    now I just have to figure out how to set mine up!
    and miss is squeaking yet again... she had a mammoth sleep last night and is not too keen on being in bed longer than 10 mins this morning. At this rate I'm going to have to take the rocker into the bathroom so I can wash off the slick of milk I leaked due to her long sleep EWWWWW
    *waves* hello md!
    have a lovely day all xx

*waves* Hi Queenie, I haven't made it to the bathroom yet this morning either! YaY for long sleep!

hehe Queenie there is always a downside to a big sleep isnt there? Is she more settled now for you? If you wanted to just use the BB gallery, its dead easy to use, or if you wanted a site of her own, they are easy too and there are a few different ones.

Noni, I think if it is working for you, then why change it. Like the saying goes, if it aint broke, don't fix it! I know so many couples who not being married has worked great for.

It is so much cooler here today. There is a strong NE wind and it's dropped the temp by a couple of degrees.

At some stage today I have to do up the school uniform list for Erin mainly, but Lindsay needs some new shirts too. I already have her socks LOL (at the target sale last week). I hope the transport subsidy money comes through soon, it will be a few hundred $$ so it will pay for all the school gear.

We are also having the electrician come tomorrow too to start work on our power upgrade finally!!! The wiring in this house is so dodgy its starting to worry me - the Laundry light doesn't work now and there are two wall lights in the loungeroom that haven't worked for years and with all the housefires the last few weeks it is really starting to get to me. The only hassle is choosing new light fittings - there are so many to choose from (and so many ugly ones LOL), but it will kick my butt into gear to repaint the loungeroom as the new lights will look odd in our dingy house.

Morning

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my paintings.. I feel special.. lol

re: weddings, DF & i have started planning ours again... we got PG just after we were engaged & were planning to get married in september but Scarlet gate-crashed! hehe We had planned on this HUGE do with over 300 people but now it's just going to be about 50 (we hope!) & we have planned it to cost a WHOLE lot less... Spending a fortune on one day just doesn't seem right now that we have Scarlet & the girls, we could use all the money for so many better things.

I'm going nuts having to rescue bub everytime she gets stuck against something - She's rolling & wiggling around like a little worm & having a spat every 2 minutes because she gets trapped into an un-comfy position or wedged up against something...lol... We just sat & watched her yesterday & she wiggled herself about 5 metres in half an hour... at that rate i'll be sitting here typing one day & she'll be at my feet!
    oops, stuck again. gotta run, will get back on for personals if i can!

LOL Hayley, I get the 'help me I'm stuck' cries too. Alister moves about so much in his cot now since I haven't been using his sleeping bag (Too hot for it). The other morning he was right down the other end *playing* with his toys (and I use the term losely - he was more just waving his arms about and connecting with his toys) at just after 6 in the morning - just what I needed LOL.

On the whole marriage thing, reminds me that Four Weddings and a Funeral is on the telly on Fri night! Though the year we got married it was Four Funerals and a Wedding (so always a bit sad when I see the movie )!

Sherie, I KWYM about worrying re the wiring. We had problems with our chrissy lights/the new tree - some of the bulbs kept MELTING the tips of the branches (!) I actually think it's because the lights are old and dodgy, but I won't be shy of returning the tree to Target if I have any probs next year with new lights. Saw a vid of a room catching fire during my fire warden training and ever since then have been paranoid, I make DH check the alarms all year round! I hope your subsidy comes in soon, the start of the year's an expensive time.

LP looks like baby proofing the house is on the agenda LOL! Wow planning your wedding how exciting! We had just under 50 ppl, all our nearest and dearest, a buffet meal at a lovely restaurant afterwards, and it was perfect! For a long time afterwards ppl would comment it was the best wedding they had been to, we bypassed a lot of the hoo-haa that often goes with weddings.

*Sigh* better go and plan some school holiday entertainment, I guess. First time with a new baby in the mix!

Good morning everyone

Gracie, good to see you back, glad your trip went well. I should join the weight challenge, might go and find out about it now.

Sherie, Alister is a cutie. His eyes look full of fun (if that makes sense?) Did you get any rain? Yay for getting your wiring done, I worry about house fires - DH thinks I am 'ungirly' because I don't like scented candles etc but I won't have them in my house because I think they are a fire waiting to happen.

MD - Was it E who decided to have playtime in the middle of the night? Hope that was a one off. How is her neck now?

LP - how have the big girls settled in? That was a good idea Queenie had about getting your pictures up in a cafe, I am sure you would get some takers if you have them displayed somewhere.

Will seems to have hit another developmental spurt lately. Yesterday he talked allll day. Oooohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh,ewwwwwwwwww. He was talking to me, DH, the dog, the T.V, the jumperoo, the vacuum cleaner, whichever toy he had... About 6 hours of constant talking, sprinkled with bouts of squealing. Just in the last few days he has become a bit more coordinated - he can pick up his toys and wave them around (keeps hitting himself in the head with his rattle). I think it might have something to do with longer naps during the day and sleeping through the night (nearly - have to go in and pat him at about 4am when he starts thrashing about).
    I just can't believe how much he has changed in 4 months. I had no idea that they grow so quickly, they don't stay little babies for long.

Arte, I know what you mean about the developmental spurt. E is now able to grab the thing she wants and put it in her mouth (hooray! Can now put her dummy in although often back to front). Yesterday, she was sitting in her chair playing with her new moose toy, when I took it in order to hang it on her gym for her...and she cried! Aaaaaw, it was so cute. There's a real difference in how she cries when she needs something vs when she's emotionally upset. The bottom lip comes out for starters LOL it's just gorgeous. Speaking of crying, she sort of says words now when she cries, that's pretty darn cute too!

I am so sick of this rain! - I wish someone who needed it could get it.
    I had to get my mum to bring us groceries yesterday, lol, We're flooded in but she can get through in her 4wd - She bought us things like pizza pockets & poptarts LOL a whole bunch of junkfood really... All the stuff i loved when i was about 10! & haven't eaten in years... My mum was definately not fussed about giving us crap. I'm totally different... The girls haven't been allowed to eat un-healthy food since they've been here but we all have to eat it or we'll starve, so much for my weightloss challenge. DF is very pleased.

Katie ~ You just reminded me how close the next round of needles are... definately not looking forward to it, I hope Logan does well with his today.

Hayley ~ Scarlet has 5-6 200ml bottles per day - She's a big bubba too, but not chubby for her length... I wouldn't worry about it if you're not feeding her when she's not hungry then you're not over-feeding IMO. I've found that now Scarlet is being more active she's becoming leaner. I was a HUGE baby, I had more rolls then a pug dog & i resembled a miniture sumo-wrestler but by the time i was crawling/walking i was fine & i've never been over-weight as an adult.

Gracie ~ I'm joining the weightloss challenge too,just to get healthier & tone up a bit. Goodluck with getting that ring! I actually lost mine! i've only just stopped crying about it.

Queenie ~ thanks for the cafe' idea, i never even thought of that... my friend owns a cafe!

Lol Sherie ~ Is Alister super long too? it's amazing how Scarlet uses her long limbs to get around... she kind of looks like a crab lol

MD ~ a small wedding is definately the way to for us too.

Art ~ the girls are doing sooo well, I think they're loving have some stabilty & they're so excited about starting school (Aunty Hayley is also excited! LOL) as they're both going to "skip a grade".. not really but the age to grade is different here.
    I know what you mean about not staying little for long - I miss Scarlet being tiny already, but every milestone is beautiful.

What ever happened to SupaB? Are we missing anyone else from Belly Buddies?

Noni - We've often thought about just going to the registry office to get married, but then I think noooo I want a wedding! At the same time we are not going overboard, we want small and intimate and family and close close friends only. Weddings are just so expensive, I'd rather have a nice small wedding and spend more on the honeymoon woo hoo!

Sherie - Good idea upgrading your power wiring. House fires scare me so much, we have a newer house and the fire alarms are actually wired into the house alarm. We've tested it out and far out it is so loud! What about that guy the other day found at his back door, couldnt get out because it was deadlocked!? Tragic. MIL keeps going on about us needing security screening over our windows. Apart from the fact that they arent very nice looking, they are sooo dangerous when it comes to fire.

Hayley - How are your other two girls coming along? Have you looked into schooling for them yet? Wow Scarlet sounds like she is doing very well.

Arte - Will sounds like a little cutie. Does he have laughing fits? We had a cute moment yesterday, Maddie started laughing heaps which in turn made me laugh, she seemed shocked for a sec, then started laughing even more.

Marydean - Your wedding sounds like it was very nice. What kind of things are you doing with DD over the holidays?

Queenie - Its worse when you have the opposite and they sleep all day and then wont sleep at night, which I'm sure you know! At least she is sleeping through the night.

Well I had a sleepless night last night, due to the fact that I couldnt stop thinking about starting work this Monday. I'm so nervous! Not really about being back at work, more nervous about how Madeline will go in childcare. Is anyone else going back to work or am I the only one? Got the guilts.

Hayley - Oh no i'm so sorry you lost your engagement ring! What a bummer.

Ok a fun question for all those married/engaged people: Who proposed & where? Come on, spill!

Hayley ~ I understand how nervous you must feel, It must be pretty scary!
    I hope you stop feeling guilty soon... You have to do what's best for your little family, And going back to work to keep a secure roof over Maddies head is best! I'm sure you'll cherish every moment & every time you're with Maddie, it will be extra special!

DF asked me to marry him on my 21st birthday..

He planned it all really well, He got my sister to "accidentally" tell me i was getting a car for my birthday, so she done what she was told followed with "oh no, don't let on you know what you're getting "... anyway the day of my birthday party there was this huge, car sized gift box in the driveway & when i un-wrapped it all that was inside was an itsy bitsy ring-box - All the neighbours, my family & friends (about 150 people) were outside watching me unwrap my "car" so he got down on one knee and asked in front of all those people... too bad if i'd have said no! LOL... I did get my car too! only it was parked in full view & my best friend was pretending it was her new car.

My 21st was a suprise party & ended up being a bit of a shambles though, I had friends from England come who didn't think i had plans, as i didn't know what was going on... anyway they had bought really expensive concert tickets to take me out so i had to leave my party & DF to go to a concert, then come back & celebrate everything else.

I have to say second to meeting Scarlet for the first time, that was the most exciting & overwhelming day of my life.

Wow what a romantic! That is so sweet!

lol, yeah he is sweet... but i think he must have had alot of help as he's not very romantic at all.

LP, IKWYM about this rain. I am wearing my last pair of clean underwear, not sure what to do tomorrow if I can't hang any washing today. When I was about 12 and my brother was 7 the bridge to his school got washed out and he got TWO WEEKS off school and I still had to go because I was at a different school. That was a bit off topic but you getting flooded in reminded me of it lol

MD, the little wobbling bottom lip is adorable isn't it!

Haley, good luck at work tomorrow, I am sure that Maddie will have fun with lots of different stuff to see. I think Leannes twins went to daycare about this age and she says they love it. I am thinking of sending W for a half day or two a week for the social aspect when he is weaned.

Is anyone else loosing their hair? At this rate I am going to be bald by next week.

I just got a text from my cousin/best friend. She lost her much loved FIL to lung cancer the week before christmas and now her uncle is in hospital. He has brain cancer but has been keeping it at bay for the last 3 years with medication but now it has spread and he doesn't have long. I feel so bad for her, she is one of the nicest people I know. She has also been TTC for 3 years, it breaks my heart because she will be such a good mother. I am the only person that knows they are trying, I don't really know what to do to help though. She told me after I announced that I was preg and asked her when she was having one. I felt so guilty because I didn't even want a baby and got preg when she dearly wants one but is having so much trouble.

Art ~ Sorry about your cousin :hugs: It's hard to know what to say to anyone when they're going through times like that. I hope that she's blessed with a BFP soon. It feels terrible when you get PG by an oops & there are people out there who have been trying for years, When i was PG we were having lunch with DF's family & I was going on and on for ages about how we must be the most fertile couple in the world to have conceived... everyone just let me keep on going on about until DF's cousin finally piped up & said they had been trying for 6 years with no luck, I felt so awful, i just wanted to shrink away.

You're lucky you have a pair of knickers left, I'm out!... I'm wearing a pair of the granny ones i bought for hospy but never ended up taking lol - Scarlet's also pretty much out of warm clothes in 00, so she's wearing a 0 jumpsuit... looks so funny. My dryer is dead, It still has warranty but it's not much help when we're flooded in.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast