Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

Gracie, yes you can proprose on Feb 29 - its a friday this year too, take him out for a nice dinner and then pop the question LOL.

MD, I am tempted to take them all to the movies, but I hate having too much noise going on LOL - I'd be the cranky one telling them all to shush.

Arte, fingers crossed the spats don't turn into full on barneys - I know how stressful moving is - let alone when you are moivng to whole other country.

LP, LOL at being told to shush. That's the worse thing with those movies, there are so many *adult* jokes, that we laugh and the kids have no idea what was so funny. Lindsay asks me all the time what I'm laughing at when I watch movies with them.

Ooooh Noni, those specs sound really nice. IKWYM about them being exxie. Lindsay has a really strong prescription too (think coke bottle glasses LOL) but thank god technology is such that they don't look really thick and that they are kids glasses so the most we've paid is $270. The next time he needs a new pair wont be so much as DH has PHI through his work now which covers optical.

LP, trust me, Scarlet wont feel any ill effects of farting when she's older - she is a girl and girls don't fart LOL. Another thing I was going to suggest is try to get a hold of the Wonder Weeks book - it really does explain so much of why babies do what they do and at what age, it really is a lightbulb moment book because once you read it, you go 'ahhh, that makes so much sense'. Having a empty dinner plate/bowl and cutlery is a great idea for her to have during meal times.

Alister was up early today at 5.58am LOL. I think he just had some lower wind as he was really fidgety when I put him in bed with us and was kicking his legs around like mad. Sure enough when I fed him him at 6.30 he let out this huge one LOL.

I have to go to town today too. The Electrician isn't coming until tomorrow now by the look of it and I want to be here when he comes as DH will be back at work and he needs to know where not to dig etc.

Hello to everyone else and have a great day!

and he needs to know where not to dig etc.
    So he doesn't stumble across all the dead bodies you've got buried in the backyard??? Or so he doesn't find all the leftover cocaine and diamonds from the colombian heist you pulled ten years ago..? LMAO

Hey Sherie I reckon we need to rename this thread "Babies born in September 07 who fart constantly" And I thought Virgo was an earth sign not an AIR sign LOL!

Gracie, do it do it do it! Despite being married TWICE - I've never had a proposal, we just sort of agreed to get married LOL. Fortunately (for me) that means he still owes me in the diamond stakes! I wouldn't be too worried about Britney, she kinda lives on her own lil planet.

Arte - you've already booked your flights haven't you? When are you moving? It's a very stressful time (we've done the interstate removal dozens of times and it never gets any easier). My advice is sell everything that you don't absolutely adore because it will be much easier to get new stuff than to drag it all with you.

LP - no tomatoes yet (they're really slow in the ACT - though my green stripey ones will be ready soon) but we've got zucchini madness happening.

Morning ladies,

I have just been on a walk with Logan, my New Years Resolution was to be more active and this is the first day of sunshine we have had this year. Now I just need to keep it up everyday, DH is going to come of an afternoon too so I should be looking fab for all these bloody weddings this year.

MD your posts always crack me up. Logan doesnt seem to fart much but when he does you certinly know about it.

Gracie I agree with the others, propose to your DP and I say go all out and make it a really cool proposal.

Sherie Logan is up at 5.30am every morning. It feels like the days a really long, its such a pain since he goes back to sleep at about 8am and I am way to awake to have a snooze.

Arte I hate moving and cant imagine how much more stressful it is when your moving OS and with a baby.

DH has gone back to work today, so we will see how I go trying to get things done without DH here to entertain Logan.

WOOO HOOOO! I just won a Bebepod plus on eBay - red like Cally's - with the tray and everything . Nearly got sniped in the very last second (ie someone was using software!) but I sniped in myself with a higher bid. hehehe. Ssssssssss *makes hot sizzling ebayer noise*

ETA - good luck Katie without DH there today! My DH went back to work last week and I felt like I did too!
    Last edited by AnyDream; January 7th, 2008 at 08:44 AM.

MD, congrats on your Bebepod! We do have our flights booked, we leave on the 12th of Feb (5 weeks tomorrow eeekkkkk). The cat and dog arrive the following day because I thought it would be easier to manage travel with the baby and suitcases one day then sort out the fur babies the next day. We decided to take all of our stuff with us - we are just shipping it in a container. We priced it out and it ended up being cheaper to transport our stuff than to sell and rebuy everything. A bit of a pain because it won't arrive for a couple of weeks but we don't have a house to go to so I guess it doesn't matter lol. We are staying at mums house for a while - I am sure parents love it when their 25 year old kid moves back in (along with a husband, baby, cat and dog).

Katie, it is also my NYR to be more active. So far not so good. Did you get the massive storm yesterday afternoon? I really have to lose some weight this year, ideally I would like to lose 15kg before baby #2 comes along, I really don't want to get GD again.

Haley, have a great day back at work, I am sure Maddie will have a fun day.

Arte the storm completly passed us, we could see it coming and got a tiny amount of rain but that was it. Good idea RE the cat and dog coming after.

Hi All

Phone calls have stopped, Phone is off the hook... lol... I'm having the number changed today, I just can't deal with it all, Everything was fine until she started getting abusive - I wont be abused for looking after her children when she wont step up & do it properly herself!

DF is back at work today I was getting used to him being around all the time, It's so much easier.

I am so spun out at how much kids can multi-task, earlier J was on the phone, listening to her ipod, eating breakfast & doodling on a piece of paper all at the same time - How she can listen to music & manage an hour long phone call is beyond me. lol.

It's so hot here again today, I think i'll be filling up the paddle pool & taking bub for another swim.

Sherie ~ Just bought a wonder weeks book from amazon, LOL @ girls don't fart.

So he doesn't stumble across all the dead bodies you've got buried in the backyard??? Or so he doesn't find all the leftover cocaine and diamonds from the colombian heist you pulled ten years ago..? LMAO
    LOL MD, you crack me up! YAY for you beating the ebay sharks!
    Katie ~ Good on you for going on the walks & gratz for being able to get your DH to come with you... We live about 3 doors down from the local shop & DF still drives!

Morning Ladies,

Well the head ache is gone and I am trying to get the motivation to clean the house. lol.

OMG I must say I am not one for following procedures on the right way to do things I mean I had and 2 Elective C-Sections and Formula Feed my babies from birth and now I feed my babies too early. Oh well it all works for me. Maybe in my own way I am doing the right thing for MY babies.I am also getting Olivias ears pieced when she is 6 months old. (Sorry I dont want to get anybody mad for what I said)
    Noni- Olivia has Heinz baby apple for 4 to 6 month olds probably about twice a week and then she sometimes I give her pumpkin and sweet corn. I always introduce foods during the day so that I can watch them closley. I did the same with the twins. My mother fed me early too and so did all my aunties with their babies.

OMG I must say I am not one for following procedures on the right way to do things I mean I had and 2 Elective C-Sections and Formula Feed my babies from birth and now I feed my babies too early. Oh well it all works for me. Maybe in my own way I am doing the right thing for MY babies.I am also getting Olivias ears pieced when she is 6 months old. (Sorry I dont want to get anybody mad for what I said)
    You go girl! You're absolutely right - do what works for you - it's the ultimate secret to happy mothering!

Arte, those 5 weeks will fly past - start writing lists now of things that need to be done otherwise you'll be running around like a maniac in the week before you leave!

LP that multitasking is just the way kids work these days. Us XGens were the first to start doing it, they've taken it to a whole new level! Glad you're getting your phone changed, I take it you've opted for a silent number?

Katie - walking - what a good idea! i just hate summer so it might have to be cool evenings or shopping centres for me! LOL

*My personal opinion* I don't think that feeding a bub at 4 months will make a drastic amount of difference compared to feeding them at 6 months. There seems to be more food allergies now than there have been in the past, but back in the day all babies were fed solids very early. I would start solids later if there was a family history of food allergies because I think that genetics play a bigger role in who has intolerances rather than what age food was started.

I was BF until 1 year and started solids at 6 months. My brother was FF and started solids at 6 weeks. Of the two of us, neither have any allergies at all and I am the one that tends to be overweight. I know that is only a localised example, but for this issue I think nature has more effect than nurture.

Leemar, don't worry. As far as parenting goes I think there really is no 'right' way to do things. As long as your kids are clean, fed and loved you are doing fine.

MD ~ Silent numbers all the way!

Leemar ~ I think art said it all, I'm only holding off for as long as i can because it's easier... One less dinner to make around here & that's pretty important to me! lol.

LOL LP, thats the reason that W hasn't started yet - I am too lazy! And I am guessing that nappy time would get a bit funkier when solids start

MD, I have a tonne of lists in my head that keep me awake at night. Maybe if I write them down I will get some sleep.

leanne - i am the same ppl tell me whats the norm and i go with what i feel my baby wants and needs.. she loves getting a little taste of solids every now and then the only reason i wrote in my posts that the who dosnt reccomend solids till 6 weeks is because i worry someone will take what works for my baby and do it with their baby who is not ready and something will go wrong and i will feel bad iykwim? lol i am the paranoid type!!! but for ash little tastes of different things is where shes at and we are really enjoying it!!!
    haley - good idea at changing ur number!!! i feel for her because losing your kids must be so hard but as you said if she made an effort to look after them properly in the first place they would be at home with her!!!
    md - well done on the be be pod you'll have to tell me how it is!! i am still undecided between that and bumbo lol or whether i will even get anything at all lol
    katie - well done on the walking i am trying to be more active to especially with weigh in wednesday coming up lol
    arte - hope your little spats stop and moving is as painless as it could be

lol back again!!! in the middle of the housework poo to housework lol..
    ive had some trouble lately with huggies nappies and leaking i actually rang the company and they asked me to send them some.. i am betting they just send me some reply like cant find anything wrong u must be using them wrong grrr coz its not like all the nappies have leaked iykwim?? this morning i had one leak all over her bouncer thank god the cover is machine wash able asha loves her bouncer so much i am scared its not gonna be ready by the time she needs it lol though it can go on the dryer on low as well phew !!! if huggies dnt do something i might try some other brands!!!
    oh yeah and rememebr i was talking about a grass flea problem?? well we are still getting the odd one or two so i upped my credit card limit (it was kinda scary how easy that was actually a 5min online application and i was instantly aproved and the money was there!!) and called in the serious pest ppl!!! once asha got bitten that was it so i rang around and got $231 for the yard and inside because my mum is a customer of theres the other companies were chaging between 300 and 350 but because my mums been with these ppl for a while we got a good price!! buh bye fleas lol

I love you girls.

Hey has anybody heard from Renee.

Noni- I love the new photos.

Oh and guess what I finally have somebody coming over tonight to look at my car. I might just have my new car sooner than I think. Oh and Toilet training is going Ok they want undies on more and more but the other day Xavier **** all over one of the dining chairs and was saying mummy I need a tissue. I didnt know if I wanted to cry or laugh. The joys. lol.

glad the tt is going well it can be a challenge thats for sure!!! i need a tissue thats so cute lol.. good luck with the car

Noni- what a great price. Bye bye fleas.

Ugh Fleas - I hate fleas... give me spiders & snakes over fleas any day. Yuk!

Leemar, "I need a tissue", That's adorable - Glad the TT is going well.

Well... Miss S is having a sleepy day today & the girls are down the road playing, YAY they have friends! so i'm pretty bored, lol... being a SAHM definately has it's dull moments... sure i could clean the house but i so can't be bothered. Wonder if Hayley is non-stop calling the day care centre...lol.

ETA: I highly recommend a paddle pool if you want a tired tot - It wears S out so much, She loves kicking & splashing around & she sleeps really well afterwards, Plus it's not as scary as the big pool.
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; January 7th, 2008 at 12:20 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast