Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

Leanne a trip to Vegas sounds fantastic, especially if you will have help with the kids while over there.

Logan is having asleep and I cant be bothered doing anything. I have to take Logan for the needle he didnt get last week this morning. My Dr has changed offices and I have no idea where I am going. I hate driving to somewhere I have never been. DH has given me directions so fingers crossed I dont get lost.

LP- Yeah I am pretty lucky She is a great mum.

Katie- My DH is my Navman too. When I get lost I just ring him and he tells me where to go.lol...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Go go go leemar!! loved the tissue story LOL
    Fianne I believe you and I have the same housework schedule!! Dusting - ??? (only ever did the coffee table when people came over) Wash walls, pfft, never - that is until we got half the house painted pre-baby and I now can see the dirt appear. Went into the kitchen the other day and there was a huuuuge grey smudge about 1m from the floor. Was completely baffled until I remembered seeing boy kitty watching a large moth like a hawk the night before ROFL! Had the most massive three-month long spurt of nesting before Sasha was born which helped (remember me ironing the wrapping paper??) and since that am am trying to train myself to be a bit cleaner. I think the thing that *****s me the most are the floors - old polished boards and 2 kitties, both of whom love to scamper about shedding hair, scattering lint & dirt, with (worst of all) kitty litter stuck to their teeny feet EWWWW because DH (catcrap monitor) insists on using that evil clay litter. I mean, TMI but I have on occasion found it in our bed. Thank god we checked my toxo status before TTC and I was immune, but I absolutely HAVE to work on DH before S is mobile ...
    oh and yay on your nuptials!
    gracie, hate to put pressure on but heeheehee, go for it! from what you have said sounds like your dp would be so touched.
    arte how exciting - not long to go!
    hey md, did you find something for h to do?
    lp what the heck is a formal uniform? def take noni's advice and check out the uniform shop, or the opshops near the school.
    Miss has her immunisations todaY SO COULD BE A LOOOONG AFTERNOON.
    Am alternately feeling like I'm getting on top of things and like I'm out of my depth... it this normal? ok, it prob is, but I feel like I sometimes don't know how to give my own baby what she wants or understand how she's relating to me. A few little things are starting to click, and last night she grabbed on to my clothes and didn't want to let go when I passed her to DH so I could make dinner, but I still sometimes feel at a loss for what to do. I also feel bad for not having her room all prettily set up and decorated - like I'm neglectful. However - happy stuff - last night I noticed she was really batting her dangly toys around and then actually grabbed one! she sort of grabbed a rattle too (well, I helped ) and shook it too. Very exciting! need to just focus on the positives! Her hip brace will hopefully be off in 4 weeks too... just want her to be happy and healthy...
    Last edited by Queenie; January 8th, 2008 at 10:04 AM.

Queenie- Dont worry all mums feel the same as you even I do and I have 3. Your a great mum and always remember that. I hope the needles go well. Olivia is getting her 4mth needles on thursday. Just remember to give panadol 1/2 hour before you go.

Queenie, I am sure you are doing a great job. I think all of us have moments where we just don't know what to do. It gets better and better as they get more interactive. Don't worry about not having a perfect nursery either - we only have the basics in there and three animal shapes blu-tacked on the wall. I bet you are looking forward to getting her brace off. Since she has worn it now does that mean that she won't need an op later? My DH aunt had HD, but it wasn't picked up until she was 18 months so she had to have surgery. Is her name pronounced sar-sha or sash-a?
    I agree with that pets and wooden floors don't mix, I am forever sweeping up fallen hair. Last night I stepped on a lizard body with bare feet thanks to the cat leaving presents.

good morning everyone
    it's been sooo long since i've visited, and i'm pretty sure i've missed out on alot!!!
    queenie - Zoe's room was never decorated when she was a bub. She had ripped wallpaper and yucky coloured walls. They don't notice any of that. All that is important to Sasha is yours and your dh's faces, and the love and security that you provide for her. I think when we do the nursery up, it's more about what other people think. (at least partly anyway) Not long to go before the brace comes off - that's great news.
    sorry for no other personals. Might have to spend some time when dh takes the girls to the beach. (have to admit i'm not a real lover of the beach - it's the whole 'sand in my pants ' issue that i can't cope with lol.)
    hannah had her first trip to the beach and she didn't like it much. We dipped her feet in the water and the poor little munchkin cried she still has a little thrush in her mouth, and i think i might have it on my nipples now. When she latches on to feed, it is so painful. My toes curl up and it's really hard to stop myself from swearing.
    anyway, hopefully i can catch up with all of you soon.
    have a great day everyone

been out shopping
    sent a few nappies back to kimberly clarke but i bet they will just blame me for the leakage!!! problem is huggies are better than the other nappies after working in childcare ive seen alot of nappies and huggies seem to work best it really makes me angry u pay so much and then they leak everywhere!!!
    ohhh well i am a bit dangerous with a credit card!! gotta start leaving it at home haha decided dp and i deserved a present haha i bought myself this really nice silver bracelet which was on sale so it only cost $70 and then i bought dp a shirt hed been wanting which was $55 lol oh well life is for living!! lol wont be so chearful when the bill comes but for now i am happy lol
    jazmum - hope the thrush clears up asap... i love the beach but the sand thing is a pita!!
    arte - eww a lizard lol what a nice present from ur kitty lol
    leanne - glw itg olivias needles
    quennie - Asha dosnt have her own room shes crammed in with us, she has one wall hanging that someone gave us and the long stitch i did hanging kinda near her and then the rest of the bedroom has this ugly really old and dirty unicorn trim around this awful blue painted walls lol add in posters of our fave bands lol its a shambles clothes piled up coz we have no drawers and the cupboard is full lol dont feel bad i dnt think Asha minds and i am sure Sasha dosnt either and i am exactly the same one minute its like yep look how good i am going lol i could do this easy and then she cries for a while and i cant stop her and i am feeling like oh my god why is she crying i am the worst mother in the world lol i think its normal and it does get easier and easier as it goes along..

Noni, I when I had leaking snugglers I wrote an email to Kimberly Clarke complaining and they sent me a pack of Huggies and an apology letter. Hopefully they will replace the pack for you.

Am alternately feeling like I'm getting on top of things and like I'm out of my depth... it this normal?
    I still feel like this some days, for me it's the challenge of multitasking with two children - balancing those very different needs - plus E is a completely different little creature to H - will require different things from me as she grows. I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job - just remember to look after yourself as well as S!

Queenie, i am loathe to say H is getting a lot of time with the square babysitter this week, I have some research to do with a pretty tight deadline (i KNOW you know how that feels) so squeezing it in between bubby needing care & entertainment -phew! yesterday she made crepes out of her cook book (i showed her once then she quite competently cooked the rest herself ) and this arvo I've pulled some pipecleaner animal patterns of the net. Oh and we did Hama beads earlier (thank god I didn't chuck em out when we got hte bindie!!)

Re the kitty litter, get one of those propylene (sp?) door mats and put the tray in the middle of those, they catch the litter as kitty hops out. Can be washed in the laundry sink. Might help?

Fianne - wow Vegas wedding, how exotic! I've only ever been to NZ (unlike my globetrotting DH) so mention going anywhere OS and I'm green with envy!

Leanne - re the trip - just do it! Opportunities like that don't come up everyday. My uncle and auntie did a similar thing a couple of years ago in italy for two whole months!

Jazmum - ow on the thrush, hope that clears up soon. LOL at H not liking the beach, it's an acquired taste I think!

Noni, well between you at the shops and me on eBay we've been keeping the economy going nicely LOL. Won a couple of sets of clothes in 00s - we have lots of 0s for some reason but bit thin on the ground with 00s. Have you moved your room(s) around yet?

OK, well had the challenge of dragging both kids round the public library this morning while I got found some stuff and did some photocopying. There was this elderly gentleman at the desk, taking his time, chatting to the librarian, while E was getting louder and louder while we waited....grrr, then he thought he'd have a little chat to me - I think I might've been a bit rude, cutting him off. I just wanted to get it done and get out of there!

ETA - read all your posts and clean forgot what I was going to say - took E to the physio for a torticollis checkup - nearly completely gone & she has much better range of movement now. And while we were there, we put Betty Chubbalubs on the scales and she weighs nearly 7 kg (!!)

Marydean, that's great that the torticollis is nearly gone! She certainly is doing very well.

Queenie hun, we all have times where we feel like we aren't *reading* our babies needs very well, and it is different with every child too as they are all different - what worked well for me with one child doesn't necessarily work with another one. And it's OK to feel like you are out of your depth sometimes. And I can guarantee when it happens its on a day where you are tired, or out of sorts. Always remember that no matter how you are feeling *today*, tomorrow is a new day and a chance to do it differently.

LP, I have spent the better part of $300 this week on getting the kids ready for school and I haven't even finished yet. Definately check out the local opshops or the school may even have second hand uniforms available. Alternatively you could put a want ad in the local rag etc as there may be a few Mums with uniforms they don't need anymore.

ohhh i am talking to my friend in melbourne on msn messenger and shes having mild contractions (since this morning) and has just had a show!! shes actually due today could she be part of that 5% of ppl who give birth on their due dates lol maybe!!!
    md - thats great re tortocollis i think Ashas gotta be close to 7kg i wanna get her weighed asap and measured because shes suddenly got really long!!! she was 5kg last time we weighed her and that was a while ago now!!
    arte - i emailed them and then they were too slow for my liking lol and i rang them.. they asked me to send them a few of the nappies to see if they could find something wrong with them.. they didn't discuss with me whether they would replace them or not i sent them off today so i guess i have to wait and see what happens...

queenie, i definitely say it's normal...or else normal would only include a select few. just drove home from exercise class and didn't fully feed max before heading home. she cried all the way, and i was feeling soooo guilty for putting her in the car before she was completely full (had the breasts but no formula).
    md, good to hear torticollis is almost defeated.
    leanne, vegas is so much fun even if you don't gamble (which i don't). there's heaps to do (or maybe i should say see) for kids as well. just make sure you bring a pram and comfy shoes as walking is the way to go. oh, and psych yourself for crowds. that bit i absolutely hate.
    what else was there......brain gone. will come back if brain does.

i am soooo excited!!! my friend is heading off to hospital soon (i dnt envy her 1hr car ride in labour though) her contractions are every 3-6minutes her waters havnt broken but because shes so far away shes heading in soon wow brings back memories!!!

Noni how exciting. Good Luck to your friend I hope she has a quick and easy labour, well as easy as labour can be lol.

wow noni ~ Did she give birth on her DD?

Morning everyone ~
    Been up since 3am with bub, can't complain really it's the first night in ages she hasn't slept in longer than me!
    Last night i had her on her tummy & when she's trying her hardest to crawl i say 'Go go go' to her... Uh oh, she copied me & now she wont stop saying 'G G Goo' Please tell me that doesn't count as a first word! She says 'goo' not 'go' so i'm claiming it doesn't count... until she says mum! I guess we have to start being more careful what we say to her or the next one could be 's s stinky!'.

I just read that babies don't have a first word until they are around 12 months old... I'm pretty sure Scarlet would perfect 'go' if i keep saying it to her though. She's getting very loud doing it now 'g g GOO' *blow raspberry* 'G G GOOOO!'.

What were your first words ladies? My mum has mine down in my baby book as 'BLUB'... That's not a WORD! lol i think she just got excited!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast