Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #15

MD, sorry you had a bad shopping experience (hug icon thingy). Hope E is happy again now. So far we haven't encountered too many shopping problems. First line of defense is distraction, sometimes stupid noises can make him happy again. Then I have to carry, which is hard because those stupid double jointed trolleys have lives of their own. Lastly if he is still fussy I find the nearest seat and feed him. We have been fortunate enough not to have problems at the checkout, I guess there is nothing you can do except hope the checkout chick scans quickly. I would probably offer him a boob before heading for the car (he is such a boy - boobs fix everything lol) but if it is the trolley upsetting him then he will cry when he goes back in it anyways. I am sure you did everything right, hope next time goes better for you.

Hi Lovely Ladies,

MD- sorry to hear about your shopping experience.
    Gracie- I have a landcrusier now but DH wants to get me the new model out. I need the 8 seater as my back seat is now full and sometimes I pick up my cousins kids from school too.
    Hayley- It was me that was getting Olivias ears pierced when she is 6 mths.

MD ~ Sorry you had a bad shopping trip, We have our moments when we go out too but Scarlet is usually good for atleast a few hours, Then she's just totally over it & causes havoc. If she gets really bad i do the same as art & just find the nearest seat for a quick feed - I guess thats a bit hard going through the checkout though! Does miss E just hate the trolley seat? S does, I don't think she feels secure enough iykwim... The sling is a definate way to go, Maybe next time keep her in the sling all the way until you get to the checkout (If your back will allow) & she might not be grumpy enough yet to have a wobbly? I don't know if that made sence.. I'm not much help today, lol.

"He is such a boy - boobs fix everything" LOL art.

MD - Sorry, can't help you with the shopping, have been lucky enough so far not to do it by myself with K.

Just popped into work to drop off my Lotto money and had to log onto my email so they could change some folders around. 274 unread emails waiting for me!! It's going to take me days to get through them when I return!

Has anyone thought about getting clothes for next year in the sales? I have been grabbing singlet suits as I figure they are used all year round in various sizes, but was wondering if its worth getting anything else. Do you think size 1 would be right for next summer?

hi everyone
    managed to catch up on the last thread but i think i've missed out on a few posts:
    lp - are you having problems with the girls' mother?
    arte - are you moving back to nz soon?
    md - you poor thing does miss E face forwards in the hab yet? i usually do the shopping when Hannah is tired, so she often falls asleep in the hab. last shop i put her in the capsule attached to the trolley (put down a little padded insert first) and she seemed to like it. I make sure i've got a dummy handy as well. Could someone at the shop help you to unload the items out of the trolley? have you looked into online shopping? a friend of mine used it a few times, and they delivered it onto her bench in the kitchen.
    hayley - great big hugs to you. it must have been so hard for you that first morning. I think you're right in saying that once Maddie has been there for a while, they will work out a routine for her. She probably was a little upset, which would have been why they fed her extra. Do they write down exactly how many mls she drinks at each feed?
    cally - i haven't managed to express any breast milk yet - so Hannah has to come with me wherever i go. She's been waking a couple of times through the night as well - and i just feed her back to sleep.
    if you can find some good bargains for next year, size one should be fine. i was thinking of doing the same thing. (although i'm sure i've got a few hand-me-downs she can use)
    hi to everyone else too

Hi JazMum How are you? How is Hannah doing? I was having a few problems with her calling me non-stop but we have a new phone number now & everything's fine... What happened to your ticker?

We've had a full on day! Maddie and I went to a young mothers group today, just a bunch of Perth girls from facebook. The girls there were great fun! We had such a good time and i'm not meaning to offend anyone, but it was so great to get out there and speak to girls around my age with babies around Maddies age iykwim. Poor Madeline is buggered though.

Marydean - Sorry to hear about your bad shopping experience. That has happened to us many times before as well. I'm fine going out and to the shops with Maddie on my own, but I dont do food shopping anymore without DP. Just too hard.

Jazmum - Apparently they do keep track of the mls, nappies etc, but I've yet to find out where.

Cally - I havent really bought any clothes for Maddie lately, but I put away a whole stack of newborn and 000 clothing the other day. She is into 00 and very soon she will be in 0 (little chubby chops) and she doesnt have many of these two sizes, so I'm thinking I'd better go stock up while clothes are on sale!! When do the sales end, anyone know??

Does/has anyone used family day care? I'm going to have a look into it tomorrow. I pay $60 a day for childcare and apparently FDC is a tad cheaper and the children get more one on one time with the caregiver. Just worried because my dad said to me that you get what you pay for and I know he is right, but surely FDC must follow some sort of regulations like a normal centre?? If I'm going to be working 2 days a week, I want to make it worthwhile, therefore I want as much money in my pocket from it as possible.

Yay DP just called, he is about to get on the plane and come home woo hoo!!! He bought 80 cars!!!!! Extra woo hoo lol!

I have been on a few times today to read everyones posts but no time or energy to respond lol.

MD what a horrible shopping experience. I have only done groceries once when Logan was real little and he hated those shopping trolly seats so I only do groceries on my own now.

Hayley I haven tused FDC myself bit it would be my first choice if I had to put Logan into care. I have a friend who runs FDC and I think it looks fantatsic. Not as many kids so it is more personal IYKWIM.

Cally I bought up heaps of girls and boys baby stuff while it was on special last year (have had to put the girls syuff away lol) and plan to do it again this year. I went to Kmart when they had reduced all their summer clothes and had 20% off, I dont think I paid more then $4 for anything.

Noni Yay for the new glasses and big woo hoo for going to see your friends....how exciting.

Arte I completley agree about motherhood being the best thing I have ever done. Logan is 7kg now too.

I have zero energy today, I think it is the crappy weather. I ate way to many Kingstons today and justified by saying they were going soft (the container has a crack so air is getting in). I have also only been walking once this week, it has looked like raining every morning and the last thing I want to do is get stuck in the rain with Logan in the pram. I had better go and sort this kitchen of mine out, it looks like a bomb went off in there. Sorry to anyone I missed tonight.

Jazmum- Hi how is the holiday going? Hope you are all having a wonderful time.
    Hayley- I am not that sure on family day care sorry. Wow 80 cars what does you dh do.

Hello to everyone and sweet dreams I am off to bed as I am really tired...
    Oh Olivias needles went ok. She cried a little but not she is fine.

Also forgot to say Olivia is 7.5 kg and is 66cm long... Wowzers....

Grrrr. Open home on Saturday but I have put off doing all the tidy up stuff I need to do - now I am going to be running around like a headless chook tomorrow trying to get it done. Hope W cooperates. He will probably refuse to sleep and I will be stuck holding him with my to do list taunting me lol.

Haley, good that your young mums group was good - is it going to be a regular thing?

Cally - 274 emails already - when do you go back to work? In the days of paper mail your desk would have been buried!

Noni - yay for no wonky eye. I always find it weird going from contacts back to glasses because with the glasses I don't have full peripheral vision but with contacts I can see all around.

haley - fdc is a great way to go as long as u like the ppl ofc!!! they do have accreditation etc just like normal day care its cheaper and yep like you said they are allowed less kids so more one on one time
    gotta run am on a cleaning frenzy as flea ppl coming tmw and they are gonna spray so i have to clean all the floors get crap out of the way etc etc because u cant wash floor for a few days afterwards (well u can but not around the skirting boards coz thats where they spray.. wooohooo i cant wait to be flealess i have over 100 bites on my feet its driving me insane!!!

Arte I love your new ticker pic, Will is so cute.

Have added some new pics to my gallery, think I might have to start deleting some.

ok lol all thats left is the floors (and its only 11pm hahahaha oh well) so i thought i would jump on while i have a bit of a rest..
    glasses are going will i am getting used to them now it feels much better with them on instead of weird..
    Asha has been so good while ive been busy i cant believe it!! i really had alot of work to do in the bedroom to get it clean and find spaces for things and i put her bouncer in the middle of our bed (i was always watching her) and put on a silverchair dvd and i danced around and sang like an idiot while i was cleaning and she just laughed and smiled away lol...
    katie - those pics are beautiful!!! what a georgeous boy!! ur dh looks like he spends alot of time working out ( i mean that in a good way!!!)
    arte - never thought about the periferal vision thing do you wear glasses/contacts all the time? mine are just for comp/tv/reading.. lol id probably poke my eye out if i got contacts
    leanne - glad the needles went well!! i weighed Asha at the chemist today and shes 6.3kgs i thought she was gonna be heavier u should see the legs on her!! poor thing has fat theighs like mummy! have to get the tape measure out so i know how long she is lol might take a trip to the gp on the weekend so he can do it properly...
    haley - ive deff missed something here!! 80 cars??

Katie - Little Logan is so gorgeous!! And can I say you have a very hunky hubby as well!!

Noni - Lol dancing to silverchair! Asha must have been thinking, what is going on my mum is crazy!

Arte - Yep the mums group is going to be a regular get together. It was fantastic and I cant wait for the next one. Good luck with the home open and cleaning! Be a good boy for mum Will while she cleans hehe.

Leemar - Wow Olivia is growing big and strong. Glad her needles went ok. DP is a car buyer for a holden dealership in Perth. He just went to Brisbane for a car auction to get more cars, thats why he bought 80. Real rev head car freak my DP.

I'm going to have a look into FDC now, but do you think it'd be too much disruption for Maddie changing now?

haley - lol u said what i was thinking i was like hmm he works out lol.. yep mums gone crazy hahaha its the dvd from the concert i went to on the 9th of september sometimes i wonder if she likes it coz on some level she remembers it... she heard alot of silverchair while she was still baking as well as being at the concert its the same dvd i'll never know hehe
    and ohhh now i get what u ment about the cars i didnt think he had literally bought 80 for himself was just a bit confused lol
    i dnt think it would be too much disruption but do it before she settles in and gets really attatched to a carer or two it will be much harder for her then

Morning ,

We had another rough night here but since he is having big day sleeps I will get some rest then. Logan has ben playing on his play mat for the last hour yelling and screaming. It would be cute if he didnt start his day at 5am lol. He seems to be developing a bit of a routine so I am going to start trying to get him to self settle.

Noni LMAO at you dancing around. I do it with Logan all the time. DH was out in the garden on the weekend and could hear me singing over the CD.

Hayley I dont think it would be to much of a disruption to move Maddie.

You girls will give my DH a big head !!

Arte good luck with the cleaning, I am sure Will is going to be a good boy for mummy.

Leanne I think Logan is only about 63cm, going to be a shorty like his mum. Glad the needles went well.

I think I am going to try and find a local mums group, would be nice to meet some people with kids and get out of the house.

morning ladies

md- sorry to hear of your bad shopping experience. i've had a couple of dodgy ones myself- but nothing that bad!

katie- your dh has got nice arms! sorry, had to join in with the other girls lol! lewis' middle name is Anthony too- like Logan's. too cool!

i had my first mother's group yesterday. was pretty good. i love seeing all the other babies. there's some real little cuties! it was just so hot yesterday (and today). i forgot to tie my hair up and felt all sweaty and disgusting!

going to the movies tonight to see 27 dresses with a girl friend so i've been expressing plenty of milk for dp. on saturday morning i'm taking lewis into a friend's studio (she's a photographer for Anaconda and Spotlight) and she's gonna take some photos of Lewis. i'm so excited to get some good shots of him!

Morning all. Hayley, definately look into FDC. If I ever went back to work it's what I would use. It is just as regulated as centre-based care but you have the added bonus that it is in a home environment and not a centre with a heap of other kids, especially good if you have a child that gets overwhelmed with heaps of other kids kwim? I *think* though, that the max they have is 5 kids at a time, and less if they have a baby. That's the way it works here anyway. The FDC "mums" here also have regular playgroups that they attend with the kids too, so they do have interaction with other children. Marydean uses FDC too.

Leanne, Olivia is going great guns. Glad the needles went well - she was OK overnight?

Noni, Asha sounds just like Erin was - never a heavyweight, but with little thunder-thighs LOL (just like her mum too *sigh* ). She is going to be a lovely little thing.

Cally, glad you are getting some rest in during the day. It makes it easier to deal with the nights. Fingers crossed he starts sleeping better at night soon for you.

Arte, do you have a countdown happening yet? It must be daunting yet very exciting to be going home. I hope Will lets you get your list done.

Cally, I was soooo tempted yesterday when I was in Myer to get some stuff for Alister for next summer, but I think everyone else had the same idea and there was hardly anything that I liked in his size. I did get some gorgeous Esprit and Peter Rabbit stuff for my neice though at less than half price.

Marydean, have you recovered from yesterday yet? I hate it when that happens, there's no quicker way to make us feel like terrible Mums. I hope you remembered to buy a rather large block of choccie to help soothe your nerves once you got home

I finally have Erin fully kitted out for school now. Went to Wagga yesterday and got her a pair of black school shoes (we only had to sneakers). I got some more easysuits for Alister too, Myer had some different ones to BigW and some Esprit Bibs for him for $5pair (they had some really nice pink ones if anyones interested)

Is anyone else's baby starting to do a "I want attention NOW" cry/scream/shriek? Alister is getting really quite good at his LOL. And it is so ear piercing - but as soon as he sees me he stops, little monkey. He will do it either when he is lonely if he's in a room by himself, cause even the kids walking in will make him stop, or when he is hungry. I also have to make sure he is always strapped into his rocker chair now, as last night he sat up in it! It's reclined enough so he's not sitting upright, but he just pushes forward until he's sitting. He nearly tipped himself out of it too LOL.

ETA, *snap* Gracie! oooh have fun at the movie tonight. And you will have to post some pics of Lewis when you get them back too.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast