Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #15

Hi Renee and Happy New Year. Glad you trip went well.
    Jazmum- Sixty Bucks Wow. We took the boys bowling on our holidays cost us $40 dollars and we only played 2 games. But the had a wonderful time and their faces we all smiles.

Went back to WW today as I have not been since 8/12 and I put on .7 I thought that was not too bad considering what I have been eating over christmas.

Noni you are going great at ww.
    Well I am off to do the grocerys and get some toilet paper from Big W.

Have a wonderful day to all.

Love
    leanne

Hayley - I wouldnt think it would be a problem bringing the older girls to a mothers group. Unless you go with Scarlet on her own to the first one and ask if its ok to bring the other girls next time? The mum's group I just went to was a bunch of random girls from Perth on Facebook and someone just suggested we have a meet up. It was great talking to girls my age with babies around the same age as Maddie.

Katie - Yay for Logan self settling! Has he been keeping it up for you?

Marydean - With FDC, this may sound paranoid but did you ever worry about whether the carer had a husband/older son at home or whether someone could just come in off the street? DP isnt too keen on FDC, he says he would rather pay more money and know that Maddie is safe at childcare, they have a pin code to get in. But I'm thinking if i'm going to be away from her for two days a week, I want as much money as possible to make it worthwhile iykwim and FDC is much cheaper.

Jazmum - Let us know how you go with Hannah starting solids. Hmm not too sure if i'm keen on the idea of the FDC person taking Maddie in the car...

Arte - How was the home open today? Hope you got some offers!

Renee - Hope you had a nice time in MR. I checked out your pics on facebook, Rory has grown lots!

Noni - Wow havent heard of relactation?! If it doesnt work out, at least you will know more about what you are doing when it comes to BFing for the second baby. I had no clue about BFing (I thought all it involved was putting baby to the breast and the baby would know what to do), no one really sat down and showed me either, so that was the biggest reason why I stopped BFing. I'm looking forward to BFing the second though.

Leemar - Thats not too bad, considering we had christmas, like you said.

Just saw that bumbos are on sale atm for $50 at toys r us. Thats not bad is it? Arent they like $70 usually?

did you ever worry about whether the carer had a husband/older son at home or whether someone could just come in off the street?
    With my FDCers I have insisted on meeting all family members and regular visitors to the house before we started care. I trust my intuition on this. And their homes are secure - these are q's you can ask about (and rightly so) when you interview them. Unfortunately there are sick ppl everywhere and that sort of thing can happen in childcare centres & schools too - you just have to trust yourself and pick the best situation you are able to find. That's a good price for a bumbo!

Leanne, well done at minimal christmas gain, I'm sure it will be going down again next time!

hello ladies,
    the movie was pretty good actually. i enjoyed getting out without lewis!
    after the movie my friend and i went to a small bar across from the cinema. i looked around and couldn't believe how old i felt! everyone is so young these days, i don't know what's going on. i think i'm a real mum now!
    i thought i'd let you all know, i bought a beautful new hot milk bra, slip and nightie from mothers direct. they're not in yet but i ordered them. they're so nice! can't wait to get them.
    our new coffee table from freedom arrived. it looks gorgeous, i'm stoked. hope everyone is having a lovely saturday. i just made a big veggie lasagne and ate way too much! it's so good though.
    what's a bumbo guys???

Gracie, go to youtube and type in bumbo, they're a squishy baby seat that holds baby up without straps. Bebepod is another similar thing.

Envying your trip to the movies, might get there with the kids this week (!) When school goes back I'll try a mum's n bubs session - I'm having cinema withdrawal!

LOL at your new coffee table - hope you chose a sturdy one - our coffee table is the single most child-affected piece of furniture in our house. It still has scribble stains, gouges and a bit of dried weetbix (? at least that's what Im guessing) down one of the cracks. LOL will sand it off and re wax it once E gets to school (it's one of those indonesian hardwood rustic sort of things).

Gracie - Bumbo's are seats that babies can sit in from 3 months before they can sit on their own. Bebepods are similar. K has one and she likes the fact that she gets a different perspective on the world, rather than just lying down all the time or leaning against us.

I can't remember the last time I went to the movies. Need to go and hire some DVD's to catch up I think!!

Arte - hope the open day went well.

DH has gone to cricket this afternoon. It is weird being K and I all alone, hasn't been like that since before Christmas. I'd really come to rely on him helping out with playtime, it's so hard to think of things to entertain her all the time!! Definitely going to try and get hold of that book Baby Play for some more ideas.

Leanne - that's a pretty good to only gain 0.7 over Christmas. I seem to have stabilised 2 kgs above prepregnancy weight, so I'm pretty happy with that. Will worry about loosing the rest when I stop bfeeding.

Leanne, I was wondering how you were going with WW. That's great you only put on that much.

Hayley, the people I know who use FDC really love it. The 'daycare mums' are just like part of the family in some cases and have really close bonds with the kids, almost like an extended family. I can totally understand your DH's worries though.

Gracie, I feel old when we go to the pub now too LOL. Especially when I see kids I've known since they were toddlers LOL Gotta love small town communities.

Cally, start having a reading session with her. There are so many fantastic interactive kids books out there (I'm a bit of a book nut LOL, you should see our bookcases).

I didn't think it could possibly get any hotter than it was yesterday, but by golly it's hot here today. And it looks like a dust storm is just about to roll in too. I took the kids to the pool yesterday and it was lovely, the water was really warm (I hate swimming in cold water). Even though I've had the air con on non stop, Alister has a heat/sweat rash all over him. Doesn't seem to bother him though.

hi all
    been looking into relaction boy it looks like a hard road to travell down... still not completely sure but i really do want to breastfeed ash just wish i had have thought about relactation earlier because within 3mths is easier then after 3mths suppose its not that long after 3mths but it is a little discouraging that it could take 3mths or more to get the milk back *sigh* i guess my biggest fear is that i will try really hard and get no where... ugh lots to think about sorry no personals not feeling overly well atm think i am getting some kinda bug

Sherie, did Alister's eczema get better? Did you ever figure out what was causing it? Hope the dust storm passes you by.

LP that is really rude that people ask you about the girls, especially right in front of them. I would never ask someone something like that, even worse when they have just met you. If they thought about it most kids that live apart from their parents are there because of neglect/abuse or sickness/death, not things that a kid needs to be reminded of all the time. I hope you can find a mothers group that isn't too competitive.

DH has gone into work to fix some kind of disaster, it is the first night since W was born that I have had to do night time by myself. Usually DH gives him a bath, but I just jumped in the shower with him. It is boring with no one else here. It must be hard for single mothers (and shift worker wives).

After a mad dash of cleaning this morning, the open home was a bit of a flop. We only had one couple through. I am really hoping that we get a better result next week, it is going to cause some issues if the house isn't sold before we head home.

W sconed himself in the head with a rattle this morning, he cried really hard with real tears. He was nearly throwing up from the crying, then he settled down but chucked up anyway. Luckily it went all over me and not on my newly moped floors. I think it just gave him a fright more than hurt because it didn't even leave a red spot.

Just out of interest, what size nappies are people using now? The 5.5 month old we go swimming with has just moved into crawlers (born same size as W), whereas W has been in them for a month already. I was just thinking today that he wouldn't last much longer in them because the tabs are almost at the edge of the grip stuff. He isn't a very chubby baby (7Kg and 64cm) but he must have a wide waist (like his mummy lol)

Arte - Maddie is into crawlers and has been for the past two weeks. She is 7kg. Everyone tells me that she is really big for her age. You will sell your place eventually.

Noni - Hope you arent coming down with something?

Sherie - Did you end up getting the dust storm? Thanks for the FDC advice.

Cally - 2kgs above pre pregnancy weight is very good!

Gracie - I feel like a real mum these days as well. All my friends are still going out clubbing and always have massive hangovers on Mondays. They must think I'm a real dag these days, but I'm sure they understand why!

Marydean - Thanks for your advice as well in regards to FDC. I'm going to look into it this week. From what I could find on Friday, there arent many FD carers in my area, and the ones that are close are full. I'm going to call the childcare hotline on Monday to see if they can help me.

I bought a bumbo today for Madeline from toys r us. It was a choice between the blue or lilac, we got the blue, it just seems brighter and also it is more unisex. (i'm hoping for a boy somewhere down the track!!)

Ashas been in crawlers for a while too!!! shes 6.3kg and 62 1/2 cms wouldnt worry about it all bubs are different i heard they kinda thin out when they crawl too some bubs are just born smaller not the ones in this thread though lol we all seem around the same stages in clothes etc for respective ages..
    haley - think it might have been the pest stuff they sprayed everywhere i am pretty sensitive hopefully it goes away i am feeling a bit better tonight so hopefully a sign of things to come...
    put Ash to the breast tonight shed already had a feed so not overly interested (though id feel mean putting her there if she was hungry coz there is nothing in them atm lol) she did kinda have a little mouth around she was more licking than sucking though i suppose she dosnt really know what i want her to do lol fingers crossed my milk will come back asap and we will breastfeed with ease lol i know its not that easy but thats obviously what i am hoping for!!!

hello everyone,
    noni- best of luck with the bfing. sounds like something you're going to have to really perservere with. i'm sure it will be worth it in the end though!

md- lol at your coffee table...ours is quite sturdy and it is in our second loung room- the 'special' room iykwim? the one in the family room has crap all over it all the time! those bumbo things sound kinda cool

hayley- good luck with the fdc thing. i must admit they do sound really cool. might have to check out if there's one around here somewhere. were you happy with the other childcare maddie was in?

arte- i hope you sell your place soon! lewis has been in crawlers for weeks now

sherie- i miss your tractor.....

Gracie, I miss my tractor too. We had a bit of a mix up with the new me and it was saved over the top of my tractor one. I am getting it sorted out though.

Noni, Erin was only slightly heavier, but a bit shorter than Asha at that age (I just looked in her book LOL) and I can remember those gorgeous chubby little thighs well LOL. Noni, I thought about giving it another go with Alister when he was about 8wks to see if I could even get milk, but I just do not have the time to give to it. I know that might seem a little selfish, but I just don't without seriously neglecting the house and possibly the other kids. Plus I would have to stop the BCP too. Good luck though if you try, if you can make it work you will be so proud of yourself.

Arte, did your DH get his drama sorted out? Fingers crossed the next open house goes better, but I wouldn't worry about this first one so much, it's January and people might not be that keen to buy just yet kwim? It's only another month till Alisters dermatologist appointment (feb 13) so hopefully we can get a better plan in place for it. I did try the lactose free formula for two weeks, but that didn't change it, so its not lactose, but I am loathe to try a soy based one as I don't like soy (most of it is GM). His skin is looking good ATM though from the cream I do have for it. It could jsut be one of those things that don't have a cause.

We didn't get the dust storm in the end - we did end up with 10mm of rain, which we didn't need because we've got hay cut on the ground, and now it will probably just go mouldy, and open trenches for this power upgrade that all filled with water. So DH wasn't a happy camper when he got home from work, but I did phone and tell him when it was raining though.

Alister is still only in infant nappies, and probably still will be for a while yet. He is just so long and lean - he is probably a smidge over 7kg now which is nearly exactly average, but he is 68cm long at last measure, so way above average height. He is slowly starting to get the tabs further apart on them though LOL. I remember when Lindsay was this age, he was nearly 8kg and only slightly shorter, and he was in toddler nappies LOL (but huggies have an extra size these days so the size ranges were different then). We aren't having any leakage issues yet with them, so it's OK for now. The crawler ones are too wide - the tabs overlap a little when I put one on him.

From what I could find on Friday, there arent many FD carers in my area, and the ones that are close are full.
    There should be a coordinator's office that's responsible for your area. Contact them as they have all the carers on their books. They *always* say they're full and there's a huge waiting list, but the reality is it's easier to place one child than a whole family, and if you are already working and need a place you will get top priority.

Arte, we've just opened our box of crawlers (BTW I found where they keep the spares at Woollies, will go straight there next time they're on sale LOL) but plenty of room left in them yet. Bugger about your open, I hope you get a much more enthusiastic turn out next weekend! It only takes one couple to fall in love with your home and it'll all turn out well.

Noni, I thought about giving it another go with Alister when he was about 8wks to see if I could even get milk, but I just do not have the time to give to it. I know that might seem a little selfish
    Wow, I can't see there's anything selfish about that, if anything just the opposite. Being a mum is a constant juggling act and often means giving away things you want (for yourself, for your family) for the good of the whole. Not always easy, is it? xx Sorry you got rain when it wasn't wanted!

Noni, did the pest treatment work - I hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe you could try Ash on the BB after she's been playing for a while after her previous feed - not so long she's really tired but long enough to be happy and relaxed and ready for more cuddles, KWIM?

Big shout out to Queenie - I suspect you're reading not posting.

OK well I admit I've been doing a bit of soul searching along the lines of am I really ok with having no more children? After DD1's birth I was so shellshocked & it seemed so hard, this time everything's cruisy and for the first time I understand why ppl go back to TTCing when baby is so young. Plus is E is so delicious it's hard to not want another!! But I'm not really sure I want to put my body thru the rigours of another pg (it only gets worse with SPD). I know I'm feeling this way right now cos I'm chock full of prolaction (the clucky hormone), but I am seriously considering what life with 3 and not 2 children might be like...

Wow Marydean. I admit I have had the odd thought of having another (yes, you can slap me LOL) but I like the idea way more than the reality of it. It has been a real eye opener trying to find the happy medium so that everyone's needs are met (particularly between DH and I) and I just couldn't do it. Although the other night I said to DH that I just don't know how I would feel if we either got a *surprise* before his vasectomy or even years down the track if it somehow failed and I said I would even consider a termination, DH said that it wouldn't be so bad to have another, but I think that would only be if it was a surprise, he would never agree to another planned bub. So I am quite sure that I am done and I will just have to live vicariously through everyone else to deal with any clucks I might develop LOL.

ETA - I forgot to say, that when we were tossing up having #4, we wavered so many times between being happy with 3 and wanting 4. It was moreso for me, especially if Paige did something that made her more 'little girl' than 'baby girl' and I thought "this is great - no more bottles or prams or nappy bags" etc, but if I really thought about it, there was still a little piece of me that wasn't happy with only having 3 so I knew I had to have another and we haven't regretted it at all.
    Last edited by Trillian; January 13th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.

Noni, good luck with the relactation. Like MD said maybe try a while after she has fed, so she is not full, maybe a bit hungry but not starving KWIM? Perhaps a warm bath together would help, just wriggling around on your chest might spark some sort of natural urge? Don't know if that is any help but I hope it works out for you. Is there some sort of medication you need to take to make the milk come back or will it just happen if she is suckling?

Sherie, hopefully A will grow out of his eczema. My little niece had it quite bad as a baby but she is now 2.5 and it has gone away completely. My cousin (I am an upgraded aunt) never figured out what was causing it.

Pregpan - are you out there? How is Noah doing?

MD, that is a hard decision you have there. What does your DH think? I know pregnancy was hard for you which is a massive downside, I would start trying for another now if not for the nasty morning sickness and the GD.

hey all
    wow sherie 4 kids and thinking about another i cant even think about no2 atm lol and i dnt think ur selfish at all!!! i am still in two minds about whether i can really give this the attention it needs and how much i want it and i only have one child!!!
    md - yep havnt been bitten since, the ppl said it could take one to two weeks for it to be completely cleared up but the afternoon of the treatment everything seemed gone.. i was actually sitting on the floor in the bedroom in the worst corner for the fleas and didnt get bitten once so i think they fixed them i tried putting Asha to the breast last night as i said she kinda licked around but because theres no milk there i guess theres not much to get her interested plus my nipples are kinda flat (part of the original problem) so its not like just sucking on her dummy or something iykwim? i put her to the breast this morning as well while i was getting her bottle ready but because it had been almost 7hours since her last feed she was very grumpy and not interested i just cuddled her there skin to skin for a while while her bottle heated up but she wasnt happy about it.. then again after her feed but she just played lol talking to me and resting her head on my bb i am not sure how i will get her to suck if there is no milk there so i might need to get a pump to get it to the point where there is some milk for her then maybe she will get the idea a bit better idk its all very overwhelming!!!
    arte - you can use medication but id rather not if i can help it because i dnt do well with alot of diff medications her suckling (if i can get her to do it lol) and the aid of a pump should bring it back over time

Hi everyone xx

We went out for 'dinner' last night at the last minute & got MIL to babysitt... Overnight!
    I just had to get a break, I was starting to go crazy from not being a mum at all, to being a mum of 1 demanding baby, to being a mum of 3!!! so i just said that's it if i don't get out of here i'm going to shoot everyone! MIL was stoked. lol.
    DF & i were starting to have heaps of little tiffs & kind of drift apart too so hopefully the time we had last night will make things a little better. We just went to a nice local pub for a bistro meal but they had live music so we ended up staying for a while & by the time we got home we thought we might as well stay up till it was time to pick Scarlet up so i'm sooo tired, bub has been asleep since she got home - MIL must have worn her out lol. Dinner was kind of awkward at first... like we had nothing to say to each other...a few drinks fixed that . I'm hoping things will get easier once the girls get off to school & our routines all settle a bit.
    I went to woolworths yesterday & spent about a half an hour looking at baby food, use by dates, deciding whether to buy & which ones to buy... lol... They had heinz organic jars on sale for 50c each (Bargain!) - I'm going to make my own baby food for home but use the heinz stuff for going out so i thought i might as well stock up! i bought some baby cubes too for freezing meals & i was telling DF how i shouldn't buy jars because she'll only eat a teaspoon or 2 & then the rest is no good - he asked why i can't freeze the jar food in the cubes, Does anyone know if i can?

Sorry for no personals, Hope you're all well & enjoying your weekend... I'm going to have a nanna nap & come back later.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast