Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #15

she also wrote and asked him if he missed the care free days of 1992, 93.
    erm... LOSER! .. lol.. sorry i'm in a nasty mood today, (having MIL issues) that does sound pretty pathetic though! Glad your DH has sorted her out!

Mornnig ladies,

Sherie I would love a trip to your place.....but only if you promise to take me on a tractor ride lol.

Leanne thankfully my DH doesnt really have any ex's, we got together when we were 15. I would be peved though if I were in your shoes.

LP are you as sick of the rain as I am? LMAO picturing the two of you on your hands and knees crawling out of the nursery. What ever works though.

Cally I used to just write down Logans feeds (still do) as I too forget sometimes when he last fed lol. I have started to write down sleeps and if he was really fussy or something so that I can see if there is any kind of pattern.

Renee your wedding pics look great. I also agree with Sheries idea about having a trial run on a weekend.

Noni it sound slike Asha is really enjoying her food and like you are enjoying too.

Logan has been fighting going to sleep really badly lately, I think I am missing his tired signs. I watched him closely this morning and got him off to sleep with no crying at all. I had better go Logan is in his bouncer next to me and his bum stinks sooooo bad.

LP- You make me laugh. Thanks... MIL dont you just love em....
    Noni- Our wedding reception was $50 pp and they supplied all table stuff and chair covers and buffet and that was 8 years ago.
    Katie- I hope logan has a good sleep for you today.

Hey Katie, with missing the tired signs, I've noticed Scarlet's have changed now - She used to rub her eyes & pull at her ears but now she get really squirmy, starts pulling at her clothes & tries to cover her face with everything - I was missing it for a while too & she was getting over-tired & grumpy but i guess the signs will just keep changing with age... SO SICK OF THE RAIN!!! Our lawn is so long! The whole yard is like a jungle, It hasn't stopped raining enough for anything to dry out.

Scarlet is still asleep & the girls are already off playing with the kids down the road... It's weird, one minute i'm super-busy & run off my feet & the next i'm sitting here wishing i could go poke S to wake her up because i'm bored. lol.

Sherie, well I'll be heading towards the green green grass in a couple of weeks - I'll PM you when I get some headspace!

Leanne - she probably regrets letting a good thing go. My DH had an 'ex' who made a move on him (!) one time when he went back home - we were just married, what was she thinking? He knows where is bread is buttered, and no the years were not kind there either.

LP - other foods: predictably corn and peas, the surprise is things like beetroot and licorice (when a bfing mum eats them) can change the colour too!! Oh, and Shrek frootloops (remember them, Noni)?

Oh dear I'd better get with the times and get onto facebook I think. Another thing to add to the 'when I get headspace' list.

xxx Take care all, off to the movies today with DH and E both in tow - wonder how that'll go LOL!

Argh! So here is my MIL rant...

She calls me yesterday afternoon & says 'I've booked a flight to Tassie for saturday, Are you right to look after BIL for a few weeks'.. So usually i'd say, yep okay no worries, but this is the THIRD time in as many months she's gone ahead & bought tickets to somewhere, THEN asked if we can take him.

Is it just me or do you find a babysitter BEFORE you decide to go interstate for a few weeks? OR take your child with you? OR f'ing stay home & make sure they go to school! (she doesn't want him to go to school while she's away so that's even harder - The girls would have to go & he wouldn't)

Anyway, i just said no, I'm too busy with everything as it is & i just can't handle another one, I'll go even more nuts!

(We are having BIL for THREE whole months soon as it is & he does nothing for himself, He wont even pour himself a glass of water plus he's really annoying, I love him to bits but man he drives me insane!!!)

She says 'Okay, no problem.. I understand'... not even 5 minutes later i get a phone call from DF.. 'can we look after BIL for a few weeks?.. Mum just called & asked me'... I was furious! I said no so she called DF & asked, When i told him that i'd just spoken to her & said no he was furious too - So he called her back & had a go at her for being so childish (it was like when a child asks one parent if they can do something, they say no, so the child goes & asks the other), Last night consisted of a string of teary phone calls from her 'I've already paid for the ticket, There's no one else... blah blah blah' So i say, Okay we'll buy him a ticket & he can go with you - Nope, not good enough, she wants to go out with her friends while she's there... I probably sound really mean but i'm sick of being walked all over, Just the fact that she bought the tickets then asked later screams 'HAYLEY IS A DOORMAT!' I'm over it.. Rant Over.

LOL - LP I did the same when I signed up to facebook haha. The first boy I ever kissed now plays for the West Coast Eagles LOL......my claim to fame!

Thats crazy about your MIL!!!!!!! It sounds like she is being very irresponsible if you dont mind me saying. Im really glad you stood up to her. YOU have enough on your plate at the moment geeee wizz! Your bloody super woman! It sounds like your a very giving and caring person and sometimes people take advantage of that. *HUG* You have done the right thing by saying no, you need to focus on the girls and Scarlet. Oops sorry I hope I havent ranted and raved too much. You have a big heart
    Last edited by reneenay; January 15th, 2008 at 09:42 AM.

LP- I agree with Renee your MIL is crazy. You have every right to say no. You Go Girl....

lol renee, I'd be playing on that with your DH...
    'Yeah, i could have been with _______ from the west coast eagle you know, But i chose YOU!!'
    hehe.

Should also add MIL is only 39 & a single mum so we do all we can to help her out but she treats DF like he's BIL's father. She had DF when she was only young & his father left before he was born, 10 years later she had BIL & his father did the same thing so it's been hard on her but there's only so much we can do, Now that we have our own little family it's getting difficult to be her back up ALL the time... We still have him heaps but it's being treated like we're always the definate answer that gets to me, We have lives too!

LP - Well done on standing up to MIL, I agree that is so childish going behind your back to ask DH. Luckily he checked with you before agreeing. Very tough expecting you to take on another one in the household when you are still getting used to having the girls.

Well I've had no contact with an ex's and DH isn't on facebook etc so no chance of any of them tracking him down!

Just had the clinic visit. She is 6.5kg and 63cm. So a shorty compared to the other bubs here. We have to do more tummy time though. I thought we were doing heaps and she had good neck control, but apparently she should be able to do 1/2 hour at a time! Crikey!

MD - enjoy the movies, what are you seeing? I might have to take advantage of a mums and bubs session next time we are in Canberra.

Cally half an hour? Logan still hates tummy time and i am lucky to get 10min out of him. I should probably be doing it more. I did it this morning and he is trying to bring his knnes up under him, like trying to crawl. I think Logan is only about 63cm but is 7kg.

LP good for you for standing your ground. I cant beleive she would book a holiday and just assume you would take car of BIL, very thoughtless.

MD GL at the movies, I hope E is great for you and you get to sit and enjoy whatever your seeing.

Scarlet has her weigh in & needles on Thursday, I think she weighs about... 15kgs! lol... sure feels like it when i'm carrying her now.

Does it count if the tummy time is laying on daddy's belly? He does that with her for about an hour when he gets home & she has about an hour on her tummy on the floor in little spats through-out the day.

MD ~ What did you see at the movies? Is it a mum's & bub's session or are you just taking her to a normal one... I dont think they have mums & bubs ones here but we could go to an early morning session & hope for the best i guess.

ooohhh renee- i hope it was ben cousins! i have a bit of a thing for ben cousins. i love bad boys!

MD- Have fun at the movies.
    Katie- Thats great news way to go Logan. Geez 1/2 hr looks like Olivia will be on the tum a bit more.
    LP - Good luck tomorrow with the needles.

DH just rang me and told me that ex sent him a thing asking to spank him. What tha? Now he has a big head. I told him dont worry when he gets home tonight I will be spanking that ass of his alright. hehehehehe. I think his EX is a bit of a freak. I think the time will be coming to tell her to F#*k off Freak. (leanne will be have the last laugh) hahahahahahaha

Oooohhh Gracie........ You bad girl

Leemar, join facebook & send her a message that says if she spanked her own husband her marrige probably wouldn't be so "complicated" .

LP- I love it you little devil.... hehehehe

leanne - wtf?? what a freak i mean she knows hes married and shes married too just asking for trouble!! u make sure u give her that trouble too!! really makes me mad!!!
    lp - not sure aboutthe tummy time thing.. Ash deffinately does not have half hour a day shes not a big fan of tummy time so we just do it when shes not too grumpy!! cant believe your mil!! sounds a bit like my mums mentality was when my parents split up and i was in my early teens.. shed be out clubbing and id be at home eating plain rice with juice from a can of tomatoes poured on it coz i didnt know how to cook anything (and there was no food anyway)
    cally - Asha is 6.4 and 62 1/2cm and i think shes pretty tall!! everyone says she is!! i think the bubs in here are taller than average!!1
    noni writes mental lists of foods shes not ready to try yet including sweet potato peas and corn hahahahaha... only joking its gonna happen sooner or later.. Asha is really enjoying her food she gets this big smile on her face and opens her mouth up waiting for me to put it in lol its really cute!! shes quite a hungry little thing!!! little chubba that she is!!
    anyways better be off going shopping with mum in about an hour and am still on my pjs hahaha

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast