Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #15

haahahahahahahahaha thats briliiant lp love it!!!

LP your a crack up.

OK, movies were a *complete* disaster, we won't be doing that again. Might have been ok if we went to a mellow romantic comedy (as originally planned) but the loud roaring noises and frenzied music were just a bit too exciting for missy who wanted to shriek enthusiastically right along in tune (!) DH's fault, I was doing some stuff at the library and he "could find me" - read: walked straight past the spot I was sitting two or three times without 'seeing' me. He must need more sleep or something, I don't know. So the whole day was a fiasco. At least H enjoyed herself at vacation care.

Re tummy time, we'd be lucky to do E for a whole ten minutes and like Noni only when she's in a good mood. Also her newest trick is to roll straight over onto her back everytime you put her down LOL. Quite funny really, she doesn't really know she's doing it, it just happens.

OK, dead head today, forgotten all the posts already. Sorry.

gee quiet in here today!!!
    we tried sweet potato today didnt go down too well!!! shes been having fruit you see and developed a clear preference lol.. we are gonna do fruit one day veg the next in a pattern.. i pureed some corn from dinner and added it to the sweet potato to see if that makes it any more enjoyable should have done veges first lol thatll teach me!!!
    got a stroller today for the trip away.. the big one will not only take up heaps of our luggage allowance but if it gets damaged it was like $500 and i cant replace it.. its a stroller rather than a pram its an esprit speed sun stroller lays back so ok for now but sooo much smaller for on the plane and when we are away etc etc also will be easier for some smaller trips.. its even got a rain cover that zips onto the sun shade like the other one so thats cool
    md - *hugs* youve had a few disasters lately you poor thing!!

hi everyone
    back home from holidays now. It was great to be away, but it's nice be back home as well.
    Hannah has been a little unsettled today. She's been quite upset and really difficult to get to sleep. She cries when DH tries to cuddle her to sleep, and stops when she comes to me. He's feeling a little unloved, poor thing.
    lp - good on you for saying no to your mil. You definitely have your hands full at the moment. Will she find someone else to watch him?
    noni - i'm planning on starting hannah on solids soon too. I've just got to get organised because i haven't expressed any milk yet to mix with the rice cereal, and i have to get a steriliser sorted out too.
    md - i was going to go to the movies tomorrow with girls, to see Enchanted, but i think i might let my mum take them, and i'll do some shopping.
    leanne - tell that ex 'she's goin' down'!!! lol.
    Hannah seems to spend most of the day on her tummy- she rolls straight over when i put her on her back. I haven't been able to sit her in her swing, because she keeps sitting forward, and i'm worried it's going to tip over.(i don't think it will though)
    facebook - i haven't gone there yet. I think i'm a little worried about exposing too much info on line.
    sorry - i know i've missed heaps more personals, but my head is spinning from exhaustion. i'd best go and find something yummy to eat, because i'm going on a diet tomorrow. wish me luck.
    Last edited by Patooties; January 15th, 2008 at 08:50 PM.

Woo hoo well thats work over and done with for this week! I got paid last week and I am getting very decent money, as I am being paid at a casual rate. So that kinda makes me feel a bit better about leaving Maddie, knowing that at least I am getting a decent amount to chuck into the mortgage. Maddie is really starting to fit in at daycare so I've decided not to go down the FDC track. Only thing I had an issue with this week, one of the girls must have had a cigarette at lunch and Maddie smelt like smoke. Disgusting.

I have Sherie & Renee on Facebook. Anyone else here have FB?

Jazmum - Welcome back from your holiday, you lucky thing!! Good luck with your diet.

Hayley - LOL you are very quick with comebacks! I am one of those people that thinks of a smart comeback 5 minutes later hehe. Well done for saying no to your MIL. I cant believe she expected you to look after her son for a few wks! And the whole going behind your back to speak to DF.....not on! Maddie is very chubby and heavy now days too.

Noni - Wow sounds like you guys are having fun with the solids. Quick question for you because I have NO idea about feeding solids, how many bottles a day should they have when on solids? Does one solids meal replace a bottle??

Marydean - Aww sounds like E was enjoying the movie!

Leemar - OMG cant believe your hubby's ex! She is not afraid of coming across as being too forward thats for sure. Definately join FB it is great! I am the same as Katie, we have been together since 14/15 so no real exes, apart from puppy love in primary school!

Gracie - I like bad boys too! Ben Cousins is very spunky thats for sure!

Cally - Maddie definately cant do 1/2 and hr of tummy time. Gosh thats worrying!

On the subject of baby bandz, Maddie has a pair of baby bandz that we tried out at the beach over the weekend. She looks like a real cool kid in them.

I know I've missed personals on a few of you, but I cant remember what you wrote in your posts! Sorry girls.

hayley- i'm on facebook too! got no idea how to do a link though...

well off to ww this morning and i am scared!!!! i havnt done any excersise this week and after losing 1.5 last week i think this week is going to be a bit of a dissapointment.. might take my stroller instead of the pram to try it out only thing is it dosnt look as comfy as the big pram lol i suppose they are just different...
    haley in the beginning its just little tastes so they have their regular bottles and the solids... for Asha shes moved on to having it at 5pm (she starts getting antsy if she dosnt have it by 5 lol) about 2-3 dessert spoons worth of something so quite a bit.. this hasnt altered how many bottles she will have as she still only drinks 3 150mls or less and 1-2 180mls or less so not really enough anyway just cant get her to drink more milk!!! the difference is if i feed her at 5-6 than her bottle at 8 i do her bedtome routine and put her in bed and she wont wake again till 4 which is 8hrs between feeds instead of the 6-7 than instead of 4hrs after that feed she might go 5... it really does depend on your bubs and how much she is drinking already but in the beginning it probably wont affect it at all she may drink a few less mls from her bottle thats about it...

Gracie, how is your NYBT going?

LP, that is really rude of your MIL to expect you to drop everything to do what she wants. And the double-ask is very childish.

Ozstar, do you still want to do something? Friday? You will have to decide where to go though because I only know the theme parks and Pacific Fair lol.

MD, I looove Nelson. I got married there. It is in the other Island but I am hoping we can do some holidays there. I am guessing you have been there? Have you been anywhere else in NZ?

W had his vaccinations yesterday, poor bubba cried with real tears.
    I have been researching my new town, it has a resident population of 2000 which swells to 20,000 during the ski season. I had to google to find out if it even has a supermarket lol, it does but I think it is IGA sized. I am really excited about it.

Hi all! I was so excited this morning - I managed to get out of bed after the 7am feed and have a shower, wash and dry my hair, have breakfast... and then took my top off to feed her so it didnt get dirty. Biiiig mistake. Just after the last feed Missy spewed chunkily into my cleavage and it ran between my (.Y.), pooled into my CLEAN(ish) bra and oozed onto my stomach. There goes that theory of removing the top to reduce washing... the clean body is more a priority than the clean top methinks.
    LP good on you!
    Leemar the world is full of creepy exes... I was going to say maybe she's one of those who is trying to contact everyone to remove bad juju, but after the spank thing she definitely sounds like a bit of a loser. Hmmm. Don't think any of DH's exes have tried to contact him yet. (None of mine have! On that note KAtie and HAyley, that's so lovely that you guys found your soulmates at 15. Jeepers, my boyfriend at that age was a total [email protected]!)
    FB - I find it really good to keep in contact with people I don't see that often, and it's awesome for sharing photos, but I have all the privacy stuff enabled so scary types can't see it.
    Noni - our wedding was around $80 per head for a 5.5 hour function, hors'doeuvres, 3-course sit-down meal, coloured table linen, chair covers, candelabras and all alcohol (bubbly, beer, wine). You can cut costs by having a stand-up (****tail) function for fewer hours - say 3.
    Arte WOOHOO on the job. The town's kinda near Taupo, isn't it? Beautiful area.
    MD - hope you have a much better day lovie. I am about to take myself out for coffee with S-for-spews-socially. BTW - Betty Chobbalobbs - HAHAHAHA, have been chortling about that one for days!!!

Whoops Arte, wrong N-word town, I was thinking Napier(!) I was on the right island, just had (another) lil brain fart there...Nice lil seasidey place, anyhow. Like Queenie I was assuming your town is near Taupo. Are we right? Been there too, loved NZ madly. We did both islands, loved the north island, but my fave area was down Dunedin way. Have friends moving there this year and are madly jealous. Want to take H for a holiday some day soon.

Queenie - LOL at poolage down bra, that has happened to me more times that I can count, either with top on or off (she kinda just aims right down the crack every time LOL). ROFL at S-for-spews-socially! Enjoy your coffee date. Reminds me there is such a thing as 'real' cafes, haven't been near one for eons.

Noni, good idea re the stroller. I'm still fighting my Emma in and out of the boot but need something smaller for those space-limited occasions.

Jazmum, she might settle down now that you're home again. Wow at all day on tummy, E's just the opposite, rolls from tummy to back but not the other way. Good luck with your diet!

ok, better go do some work...back to the library again today, will point at the chair I'm sitting on this time so DH doesn't "lose" me again. LOL

Had such a rough night here last night. Thought I would give Logan a dream feed...NEVER again. I fed him at 9pm he was up at 10.30, midnight, 3am and 4am. Didnt go back to sleep until 6am. He is having a sleep now, so I should really join him but dont think I could fall asleep.

Arte I would love to still catch up. I dont mind where, if you know Pac Fair we can meet there or I am more then happy to have you and Will around to my house. I am very excited and looking forward to meeting you and Will.

Queenie I too have had the clevage spew, I have also had someone elses bub do it to me, didnt even touch the shirt I was wearing just went straight down the bra.....ewww.

Jazmum sounds like you had a good trip. I know what you mean about how nice it is having a hoilday but always good to come home.

MD bummer about the movies.

Noni good luck at WW. I was looking at getting the stroller you got, let me know what it is like.

Hayley woo hoo for gettign paid, always feels great doesnt it. I wish I could get paid to stay home. I am on facebook too.

Think I might go lay down for a while, chat latter lovely ladies.

hi all! sorry it has been so long... i just thought i'd pop in and say hi - i have been readingbut not posting, it is too hard to keep up with you all!
    sounds like things are going well which is great to hear... all is great here too - Noah is going great guns and I am loving every minute.
    he is 7.35 kg and 65 cm now - not a small boy LOL!
    hey are all your bubbas rolling?? i am getting paranoid now as N isnt!! I asked the nurse she said it is ok but if he is the only one not rolling i am a little concerned!
    he is a real chatterbox now and giggles away all day - v cute. demanding for attention/time now.
    I have been offered place at childcare and am thinking/talking about my return to work (part time at first) so it has been good to see how those who are doing this are coping...
    anyway not a lot of time now - will try to post more often - sorry!! glad everyone is doing so well and had good hols we had fab time in melb and coast
    Last edited by MamaPan; January 16th, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

hey all well i lost .8 so not too bad.. i am .2 off losing 5kgs and not far off my goal either less than 1kg now.. thats not really my goal though thats the one they set for me at the top of the healthy weight range i would probably like to lose another 4 or 5 after that to be honest but we will see...
    pregpan - wowee what a big healthy boy!! nope Ashas not rolling she tries to crawl n goes a bit to the side lol but no sign of rolling
    katie - the stroller is really good when the wheels are on the right way hahahaha... i put it together and managed to put the wheels on the wrong way and it wouldnt steer i was like what is wrong with this f-ing stroller lol once i fixed the wheels its a dream lol.. it comes with a rain cover that zips on which is really nice n easy!! the layback is multy position so she can sit up now semi reclined and it lays down flat for her to lay down which will be good as a toddler too.. as well as it sitting right up for when shes bigger u know a more 90 degree angle...
    md - deffinately recomend a stroller mine is only 6.8kgs so much lighter than the big one!!
    queenie - we are looking at having a ****tail wedding but still want some tables for ppl to sit etc coz of grandparents or children...
    arte - ohhh a skiing town!! ive always wanted to go skiing in nz!!!

hey are all your bubbas rolling?? i am getting paranoid now as N isnt!! I asked the nurse she said it is ok but if he is the only one not rolling i am a little concerned!
    Pregpan, the physio said 4-8 months is the 'normal' range, so he's got plenty of time yet - sounds like he's pretty busy learning other things right now! Good to hear from you!

Pregpan - no rolling here. Sometimes she gets onto her side because she has her toes in her mouth and just overbalances, but that's all, she's certainly not trying to do it.

Noni - good that you lost 0.8 and that you are so close to your goal weight.

Ozstar - we tried the dream feed and didn't have much success. She didn't wake as much as that though!! We trid for 4 nights I think, then she woke herself up the next 2 nights at that time.

Queenie - ah yes, the vomit down the bra, I am quite familiar with that feeling.

Vaccinations this morning, lots of screaming, but all calm by the time we left. DH came too and coped very well with it all, considering he is completely afraid of needles.

quick one, been reading but not being able to post
    pregpan, max rolled by herself for the first time the other day. hasn't done it again since so don't feel bad. because of that though, i've been making it a point to put her on the floor rather than just the bouncer. on tummy and back.
    on fb, funny that a lot of partners/husbands have their ex-es getting in touch with them. dp just told me last week that his ex-wife contacted him through fb as well. need to ask him to show me her picture...if she's posted one. dp's still in touch with other ex-gf's though and tells me about them.
    on tummy times, just wondering if any of you have tried the rolled up towel under the arms? the chn at mother's group was showing us how you just put a rolled up towel under the chest, below the arms. first time i did it with max, she just rested her head on the floor. next time i tried it, she kept her head up. and now, she does that without the towel and seems to really enjoy tummy time. don't think i get to 30 mins per session but pretty sure that we do 30 mins for the whole day.

fianne we have a little mat that came with a little pillow u use like the towell ur talking about we use it sometimes but Asha can hold herself up, its probably partly because of that though

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast