Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #16

ok md
    Roast cherry tomato, lentil and tuna salad
    serves- 4
    value per serving (for those on ww) is 2 1/2
    200g cherry tomatoes
    200g yellow cherry tomatoes (i could never find these and didnt put them in)
    1 cup - 200g, drained, rinsed canned or cooked brown lentils
    150g green beans, topped, cut to 3cm lengths (didnt put those in either not a fan lol)
    1/2 cup chopped fresh leaf parsley
    3 - 95g cans ww tuna in springwater
    30g baby spinach leaves
    4 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar

-preheat oven to 220, combine tomatoes in a roasting pan, lightly coat with cooking oil spray and roast for 10mins or until slightly tender, remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly
    - meanwhile, cook beans in a medium saucepan for 4mins or until bright green and tender. Drain and refresh in cold water, place in large serving bowl
    - Add all ingredients drizzle with vinegar, toss and serve

Cally I was especially peeved cos I was all ready for an early night too (unlike most nights when it's quite late that I go to bed).

Thanks Noni, I'm printing it up. The lentils will score it an extra big tick from the dietician who I am seeing tmrw (AAAAARGH - christmas is coming back to haunt me)! LOL

i didnt think it would be nice but it really is gl with the dietician

Thanks Noni! I have sooo many cherry tomatos! I'm going to make your salad for lunch, Hope the girls eat it .

Thanks Noni, I have heaps as well, we have a cherry tomato tree out the back going nuts so may have to give it ago when I get some time.

Far out girls I'm being paranoid today....DP and I watched something on TV last night about SIDS, and although I'm very much aware of SIDS its never really worried me too much. I always thought as long as we follow the guidelines we are fine. Well apparently you can get a special mattress cover as they have done new research which suggests that mattresses excrete toxic fumes that has been linked to sids. Does this sound dodgy? Am I being a big paranoid mummy? Sorry just been thinking about it non stop and whether I should go buy one of this covers.

Anyway off to work now have a lovely day ladies.

sure is quiet in here this morning!!
    thinking of going to a step class at the gym today, it claims to give u 'buns of steel' lol i deffinately need some work in the bum and theigh area well all areas really lol i should join the gym but i never stay commited once i signed this thing to pay $33 a fortnight for a gym membership for 12mths and after about 2mths i stopped going and still had to pay the money so this time i will just pay what it costs to go when i go haha i'm gonna download a free 3 day pass from the net so that will help..
    Asha fed at 1pm last night and then again at 10:30 this morning lol shes getting much better with her sleeping
    haley - ive never heard that before maybe look into it on the net ie how much evidence is there to support that theory? how many ppl actually believe it, are there lots of scholars with the same theory or is it just one persons theory and idea to make alot of money selling matress covers, thats what it kinda sounds like to me because think of how many people dont have those covers whos babies dont die of sids.. in saying that though ive never heard anything about it just my opinion from what youve said..
    lp - hope the girls eat the salad.. are they good with foods? i was a terrible eater at that age!! actually i was pretty much all my life until now lol from extreme over eating to extreme under eating lol couldnt get it together.. when i was only 2yo i would refuse to eat anything but tinned spagetti or vegemite on toast lol a difficult child to say the least so my mum would make me milkshakes full of fruit etc and atleast id drink those lol, then at 6 or 7 wouldnt eat my dinner unless my mum arranged it in a face and even then id only pick lol my poor parents!!!

Hayley ~ You're being a paranoid mummy! LOL no, just kidding - I don't think you need a special cover though, Just MO... Never heard of them.. hm.

Noni ~ They were terrible at first, All they wanted was Maccas but i've persisted & now they're both eating pretty much everything, in the first week Bee (9) declared 'I can't eat that, I'm a vegetarian - I want a cheese burger' LOL. It's been hard as DF refuses to eat any kind of vegetable, other than a potato as a result of being brutally force fed as a kid so they're like 'how come he doesn't have to eat vegies?'... Now he pretends he's eating them... I think they secretly like vegies now

lol lp - i'm vegetarian i want a cheeseburger thats classic!!

Hi Girls,

Well not much happening here.

LP- Thats so funny - but now I feel like a cheeseburger.

I hope everyone has a great day

Time for a new thread found HERE

This is still open?... The link doesn't work Lea.

HI everyone
    Wow you guys have been chatting up a storm so I won't even try to pretend that i can cover it all.
    Noni - congrats on the courses sounds great
    Jaz - we have poo (lots of runny, leaking poo -mm mmm) a couple of times a day usually and therefore at least one change of outfit and playrug sometimes too - eugh!
    Maia was 6.02kg bout a week ago. She is finally moving up the percentiles, growing longer more than heavier and apparently a giant head though it all looks in proportion to me - I say its brains with lots of smarts.
    She is still in 000 clothes and not looking like getting out soon - still in a couple of 0000 pants and t-shirts too.
    She had her needles last week and did really well - was already screaming beforehand due to wanting some sleep so we didn't notice extra screaming.
    Still waiting to see the teeth actually pop through though I can feel them more now and she is chomping on everything but doesn't seem as grizzly so must be feeling a little more comfortable.

Well I had a horrid night Friday night with only 2 hours sleep (prob bout 8 hours in 48 hours). She was still doing her 2-3hour wake ups but I woke up at her 2am one and then couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night - ceiling wasn't too interesting either.
    So my wonderful DH gave me a break Saturday night. We went to some friends house who are park rangers living out on a park for dinner. After her first sleep of the night I fed her bout 1030pm and then DH and my little cherub jumped in the car and went home leaving me there to sleep. It felt so weird as it was my 1st night away and I was worried as it took me a while to get to sleep. Woke up to express at 445am and then alept again till just before 8am which was so nice. DH had expressed milk and formula to keep her going at home and apparently had a pretty ordinary night. I felt a little bad but didn't last long as he did have a whole week of sleep when he came home early from our holiday down south. But was great to recharge the batteries :-)
    We had a better night with her last night. Down at 7pm after bedtime routine, woke at 940pm for feed. She then woke at bout 1am but put herself back to sleep and then woke at 230am for feed and we then woke her bout 730am - was so nice. Of course still looking forward to her sleeping through but am so grateful for any improvements at the moment.
    THis "wonderweek" that a few of you have mentioned - has been more of a 'wonderMONTH" for me which is why I have been worried it was becoming more of a habit but I am hoping that she is turning the corner now.

Despite her yuck nights she is much more fun in the day. She is sleeping better and talks a lot. She has been rolling aroudn teh floor for weeks which is funny but also means I have to keep a better eye on her. It is still so hot here but with our new pool (not huge but great for us) means we can have a dip at least once a day to cool down without trekking to town.

How often are you guys breastfeeding during the day and how much sleeps?

Well I think she is stirring again so I better go check - hope you are all having a great day

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789