Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #16

was having a little anxiety over the upcoming trip so decided to try the rescue remedy, its strange deffinately done something though i mean i dnt feel completely at ease but much better iykwim? tastes like wine though not a plus for me haha
    haley - id take her to the doc just to be on the safe side sounds like everything is going well but if it is the beginning of something itd be much easier if u cought it now
    gracie - *snap* i worked at kfc as a teen too and maccas lol shame!!! i think ur right about the thing that draws you in is the fact you know its sooo bad lol

Hayley, no you're not being rude I understand exactly what you're saying, it's about understanding how blessed I am already. Which is how i feel

hayley- maddie is the cutest little thing in that kitchen sink. i hope you're right about lewis and his clingyness. he is in love with me!!!

noni- can't believe you worked at maccas as well! my dp worked at maccas. did you ever pick up boys in the drive through??? i did lol

well, speaking of the whole - having 2 thing (md!!!), dp and i have been being a bit stupid with the contraception thing. i went on the mini pill for a bit but it started giving me massive headaches at night so i went off it. then we decided to just withdraw for a while (not great, i know, but we don't dtd very often...)
    but the last few times we've just done nothing....i know, i know, we're playing with fire. i am still bfing a lot and i haven't had af yet...and our attitude is..if it happens, it happens. i know it would be super hectic but part of me thinks it would be kind of cool to have 2 close together and get it over and done with while we're doing well financially and there's no pressure on me to work. i also think there's value in the kids being close and always having a 'friend'. do you guys think i'm crazy? what is your honest opinion?

md- sounds like you've made your decision to have 2, and what a beautiful 2 they are!

LOL Gracie, you might get burnt carrying on like that If you don't have any problems with getting a nice surprise then I reckon thats great. it is so hard to know when the right time to have another one is.

Hayley, some kids can get a bit congested from having milk and they get really phlegmy, but have you been keeping her under air con a lot lately? Alister had a few bad nights (Wednesday was really bad) where he was really congested and blocked up and it was just from being under the air con. he is OK now and has cleared it all.

Noni, hows the head hun? How much of that stuff do you need to have?

I forgot to say hello to Agnes before too! Long time no see hun.

Someone asked earlier what I did for Alisters skin (was it you Agnes?) and all I use is Alpha Keri oil in his bath (every 2 days) and some cortisone cream, but I only use it once a week now since learning that it isn't suitable for long term use or children.

Alister is far from being able to sit up - he only does it in his rocker chair because of the way his bum fits in it LOL.

Gracie, we have been doing exactly the same as you re contraceptives. I also don't have AF back and we don't DTD very often. I am a little worried at the moment though - DTD the other night, then noticed EWCM the next two days along with a massive headache that I vaguely remember getting around ovulation. That scared me into being a little more careful I think. I would love to have them really close, just don't think I could manage with a bub and morning sickness.

Sherie, your photos of Mr A are very cute, he is still grinning as he hits the ground lol. There must be no stopping him now if he can topple out of his rocker and then roll where ever he pleases.

Haley, your ticker pic is very cute

We got W a big boy seat for the bath tonight, he seemed to enjoy it. Very tired, up every 1-2 hours last night. Hoping for better tonight.

Arte, does the seat have suction cups on the bottom of it? and do you wash him first and pop him in for a play? I've often looked at those but never bothered buying one. Yeah he was smiliing as he hit the ground LOL. I was sitting in front of him taking pics and he was smiling away and then he just went over.

Sherie, it does have suction pads. DH does bathtime but I think he just stuck him in it and poured the water over him. We could manage without one but DH likes to have both hands free (think he worries about W being too slippery to keep hold of)

lol gracie - pick up boys in the drive through i wasnt confident enough or good looking enough for that!!! wow @ the if it happens it happens thing i mean for me i cant even think about it but for some ppl yeah it works really well.. go with what feels right hun if thats what you want then yeah it will be hectic but very rewarding
    sherie - rescue remedy is just a natural thing it does have a small percentage of alcohol but not enough to do anything lol... i feel alot better after having it its just two sprays on the tounge i assume when faced with the actual fear it wouldnt be as good.. the reason i got it though is because i was perscribed valium to help me which i will probably need for the flight but i dnt want to be taking it for two weeks in the lead up iykwim so i thought id try this stuff so far so good we will see...
    arte - hope you get your better night tonight sending sleepy bubba vibes your way!!!

evening everyone,

To all those with new pics and ticker...just gorgeous. We really have a great looking bunch of babies dont we.

I tape ER each week and just watched last weeks episode, I think it has made me feel really emotional... no idea why though lol. I feel emotional in a good way though, I feel so lucky. I have such a wonderful life, I married the most awesome man on the planet, have a beautiful home and the most perfect little baby in the whole entire universe as well as a fantatsic family.....life is great!

Gracie we are using condoms but we have a had a few chats about when to have number two. We are thinking maybe after Logan turns 1 we will start TTC, will have to wait and see as it is a while off yet. I am like you though and figure if it happens sooner then its all good.

Hayley Logan gets a bit of a rattle in his chest, the Dr had a listen and said it is nothing to worry about unless he has a fever or is generally unhappy too. If it will put your mind at ease though then go and see the Dr.

Arte we are thinking about getting one of the bath seats too, I think Logan will love it.

MD sorry to hear your pelvis is still giving you troubles, I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Sherie that pic of Alister falling is hillarious and lol at him laughing while falling... to cute.

I hope you all are having a fab weekend. Who has plans for next weekend anything exciting?

hi everyone
    logging on a little late, and i've enjoyed reading all of your posts, but too tired to respond to all.
    Hi to bilby, baby socks and welcome back agnes
    gracie - i was reading somewhere today about using breastfeeding as a form of contraception. it said that while you are exlusively breastfeeding and there is no more than 4 hours between feeds that you are fairly safe. I fell pregnant with Zoe when Jess was 9 months and that has worked out well for us. I'm thinking now that a 4th would be nice - a playmate for Hannah, but i think i'll wait until she is walking around and getting into mischief before i make that decision. I don't think dh is keen to go for a 4th though.
    does anyone else cry when they watch shows of babies being born? i've seen a few lately on the discovery health channel, and i cry everytime!!! brings back wonderful memories of birthing my beautiful girls
    noni - i hope that the spray helps maybe turn the tv off in the lead - up to your flight, so you don't catch any movie previews or new items
    hi sherie, hi arte - i see you're both still awake eta hi katie
    does anyone sterilise by just using the boiling method? did anyone read in this months issue of Practical Parenting with regards to sterilising?
    I'd best go to beddiebyes now, as i have a feeling Hannah is going to wake up a couple of times tonight.

Hi Jaz! Oooooh I am norti and don't sterlise anymore - hot soapy water is the go here. I haven't brought a PP mag in ages. I always get choked up when I see a baby being born - it's worse when it's a real birth and not a dramatised one on a show.

Katie, DH is working over the long weekend, so we don't have any plans. We may be going out to a friends place on Wednesday though, but not sure at this stage.

Katie - Aww that is so beautiful! I'm glad that you are loving life!

Sherie - Oh the air con! Never thought of that. Yes we have had a few hot days here and she has been in the air con. Also I noticed at day care the air con is really cold which I thought was a bit unusual. I'm going to watch her for the next day or so and see how she goes. I have to work Mon & Tues so if she gets worse, too bad I have to call and say I wont be in!!

Gracie - Thats so cute that Lewis loves you so much! He will get over it, in the meantime enjoy the extra cuddles and loving because once he is a teenager it will be uncool to hug mum! (I know its yrs away but my parents always say that time has gone so fast with us girls) I definately dont think that its a bad idea having bubs so close together, they will grow up together and that will be really nice. I havent started on my pill yet because it scares me, but lately we rarely dtd anyway. I can say though that I want Maddie to be at least 2 when the next one arrives hehe.

Arte - I must get one of those bath seats for my chubba, she needs to graduate to the big girls bath.

Noni - Thanks for your advice re Maddies rattly chest - if it doesnt improve within the next couple of days I'll def go to the doc. At the moment she is happy and her usual self so I'm not overly worried, but I'm really keeping an eye on her. My sister suffers from bad anxiety and that rescue remedy does wonders for her.

Ohh Sherie you have beautiful children!!! I love the falling over pic of Alister too, what a crack up!

Jazmum - I'm still sterilising bottles in the avent steriliser, but I was told in hospital that there is really no need to sterilise anymore, and that being too sterile is actually not always a good thing. I'm a nervous & learning first time mummy though so I sterilise everything hehe by the time I'm onto my third I bet I will be much more relaxed.

Thanks Hayley LOL at being more relaxed by the time you have 3 - ain't that the truth! With Lindsay I was still sterlising bottles until he was nearly 1, Erin's were done for a few months, then the teats only until she was about 8mths I think and Paige only had the teats done for a few months. I stopped sterilising Alisters teats when he was 2mths old. I know they are clean though.

jazmum - thats a good idea about the tv never know when they are gonna bring out a new plane crash movie haha
    we use a microwave steralizer and just boil dummies i'm not the best washer uper lol so it makes me feel better to nuke the germs lol that and with the dummies we cant use soapy water coz with the air intake thing the nuk dummies have going on the water sometimes gets sucked into them whilst washing so i dnt want any soap in them...
    i was thinking of getting a bath seat maybe that would make asha more interested in the bath? idk though could juyst be a waste of money coz she could still hate it lol.. guess i could put her on the floor in the shower in it hahaha its always cold at the bottom of the shower though i really should go to bed lol but i am too addicted to bb!!!

Went to the dentist this morning for our 6mo checkup, she was surprised that William has a tooth already. She said the first checkup for kids is when they are around 2 yo.

We had a little incident a couple of weeks ago. Didnt realise back then that runny poo is another sign of teething. I bought some Boost juice - Mango Magic and sat down with him on my lap. Suddenly I hear some funny 'noises' and (TMI) apparently it had leaked through his nappy and pants to my hands. So I screamed and asked DH for some wipes. DH calmly asked whats that in your hand, did you spill your mango magic LOL.
    Since then, we cannot forget the 'Mango Incident'. Next time I definitely choose a different flavour

Just now I received some news from home that mum isnt feeling very well. She has been going to the dr several times this past couple of weeks. I wish I can see her right now. My parents live in Indonesia. I might plan to go there this year with William. DH might not be able to come as he just moved jobs.

Baby socks, yay with the sleep. Love the name Aurelia, my best friend's daughter has the same name.

MD, its just the tradition which has been passed around for quite sometime. Even for baby girls in the family, thats why the girls in the family have earrings from early on, so that people can tell LOL. They said that the hair will grow thicker, perhaps just another old wives tales?
    I hope the soreness goes soon and that you're feeling better. Agree with you on being thankful, what cutie little angels you have there Makes me want a baby girl

Still on W's hair, yep I am still not use to him being bald. He looks different. Sometimes he even rubs his head in a funny way. Gee, mummy where is my hair

Noni, good to hear it doesnt take long to prepare. Something to look forward too, giving him solids. And good luck on the trip, I heard RR do works

Arte, MCHN told me that Dynamic sitting is when they can sit by themselves without us helping them out. Ohhh it must be so cute, when he is doing that. Perhaps the bumbo helps?

Queenie, hope you feel better now and can get past it soon

Sherie, the good news is you now have more reasons to go shopping for Alister Btw I love the pics of him sitting up and falling over, so cute
    Yeah, it was me asking about the skin. MCHN told me to put some cortisone cream on his cheeks. Is it not suitable for kids? I didnt know that and have been putting some on him.

Cally, how was the walk? Hope she had some decent sleep. I also went to the library to borrow some kids books today. He loves seeing all the pictures

Hayley, sounds like Maddie is such a lucky girl. It was a really short video, less than 2 min I think. DH took it on his digital camera. But I really love watching it.
    Not quite sure on the chest thing, if you have some doubts just go see the dr. At least, that put your mind on ease. How does it feel going back to work? I am thinking about going back part time as well

Have been meaning to ask this. To the ladies who have been doing exercise, do you leave bubs in creches when exercising?

Gracie, I have a Velcro boy too. LOL on the boys in drive through

Jazmum, I hear you on crying while watching babies born. I think motherhood makes me more sentimental

Katie, good on you to really appreciate life. I am happy for you too

Happy Sunday everyone!
    Last edited by spring_ag; January 20th, 2008 at 12:55 AM.

Agnes- i always get Mango Magic!!! it's my favourite...not anymore though! i want to call our next dog Mango. dp thinks i'm crazy!

Sherie- yes i think i might be getting burnt soon! Glad to hear you don't all think we're completely crazy though!

Arte- that bath thing sounds great. what is it called?

Noni- i don't believe you weren't hot enough to pick up in drive through lol! my friend who is a stand up comedian uses rescue remedy and swears by it before a performance. good luck!

Katie- glad to hear you're a bit 'silly' like me! lol. every sunday night i sit down to watch 'from here to maternity' on foxtel with a box of tissues. dp calls it my tension release show. i pretty much ball my eyes out from the opening credits to the end.

jaz- i think the 9month gap sounds great. ive been relying on that bfing thing to get me through. i'm sure it's not foolproof though! dr told me i have to be on mini pill but it just doesn't agree with me.

Did someone bring popcorn for the late night partay in here last night...??? LOL

Wow Gracie and Arte - you both wanna read Jools Oliver's book, she ended up falling pregnant with #2 flower named baby when #1 flower named baby was about 3 mths old. I know plenty who've done it but it just sounds like too much hard work to me! LOL But it'd be a really happy surprise for us all to know our lil Sept BB family was growing again

Jazmum - thinking of a 4th? Is there room in the car or would you need to upgrade (I lost track of who bought new cars this time round)? I'm sure you can talk your DH round (womanly persuasion is a force to be reckoned with) LOL

Agnes, I know what you mean about your parents being far away, my stepmum's just gone into hospital this week, I wish I could be closer at times like this. What part of Indonesia are they in? Did you grow up there too?

Arte, what sort of bath seat is it? Still doing a bit of research here...

Ok, things are getting hectic here, catch up later!

ETA PMSL at Mango Magic, Boost Jooce will never be the same again. BTW I think Mango's an exc name for a dog! Us kids named a stray Pineapple one time (LOL what were we thinking?)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast