Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #17

Noni, I could do with buns of steel or even buns of BUN, right now I have buns of soft uncooked bun dough LOL!

LP PMSL at your school start mixup! Well they can have a practice run at opening their lunchboxes etc at lunchtime tmrw - Just a thought, with the younger one make sure she knows how to undo her food packets - if her mum's never packed a sandwich she might not know how to get the gladwrap off.

Cally LOL at the toy's names. We have Bruce the Moose (who speaks with an OZtraylian accent, maaaaate) and Patty the Panda (who is a GIRL panda despite what DH thinks) LOL The others are all just rattles and stuff. She loves Bruce the best. Good feet for sucking on LOL.

Jordie, welcome! We're getting half rolls too, and lots of dribbly sucking of any fabric she can get (usually her clothes or sheets) LOL - no raspberries although she likes to gurgle spit in the back of her throat and can cough on demand LOL.

Fianne, I second what everyone else has said about feeding extra in preference to offering formula. Even if you offer the boob again half an hour later that is enough time for more milk to be in there and this will build up your supply and hopefully you won't feel like you need to give formula then. It's normal for babies to be a bit fussier sometimes, but the extra feeds will build your supply up within a couple of days. Especially if you can get some rest and drink plenty of water yourself.

OK I think I've forgotten to answer some q's but I'm supposed to be working right now, better get some done before bedtime!

HI everyone
    Wow you guys have been chatting up a storm so I won't even try to pretend that i can cover it all.
    Noni - congrats on the courses sounds great
    Jaz - we have poo (lots of runny, leaking poo -mm mmm) a couple of times a day usually and therefore at least one change of outfit and playrug sometimes too - eugh!
    Maia was 6.02kg bout a week ago. She is finally moving up the percentiles, growing longer more than heavier and apparently a giant head though it all looks in proportion to me - I say its brains with lots of smarts.
    She is still in 000 clothes and not looking like getting out soon - still in a couple of 0000 pants and t-shirts too.
    She had her needles last week and did really well - was already screaming beforehand due to wanting some sleep so we didn't notice extra screaming.
    Still waiting to see the teeth actually pop through though I can feel them more now and she is chomping on everything but doesn't seem as grizzly so must be feeling a little more comfortable.

Well I had a horrid night Friday night with only 2 hours sleep (prob bout 8 hours in 48 hours). She was still doing her 2-3hour wake ups but I woke up at her 2am one and then couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night - ceiling wasn't too interesting either.
    So my wonderful DH gave me a break Saturday night. We went to some friends house who are park rangers living out on a park for dinner. After her first sleep of the night I fed her bout 1030pm and then DH and my little cherub jumped in the car and went home leaving me there to sleep. It felt so weird as it was my 1st night away and I was worried as it took me a while to get to sleep. Woke up to express at 445am and then alept again till just before 8am which was so nice. DH had expressed milk and formula to keep her going at home and apparently had a pretty ordinary night. I felt a little bad but didn't last long as he did have a whole week of sleep when he came home early from our holiday down south. But was great to recharge the batteries :-)
    We had a better night with her last night. Down at 7pm after bedtime routine, woke at 940pm for feed. She then woke at bout 1am but put herself back to sleep and then woke at 230am for feed and we then woke her bout 730am - was so nice. Of course still looking forward to her sleeping through but am so grateful for any improvements at the moment.
    THis "wonderweek" that a few of you have mentioned - has been more of a 'wonderMONTH" for me which is why I have been worried it was becoming more of a habit but I am hoping that she is turning the corner now.

Despite her yuck nights she is much more fun in the day. She is sleeping better and talks a lot. She has been rolling aroudn teh floor for weeks which is funny but also means I have to keep a better eye on her. It is still so hot here but with our new pool (not huge but great for us) means we can have a dip at least once a day to cool down without trekking to town.

How often are you guys breastfeeding during the day and how much sleeps?

Well I think she is stirring again so I better go check - hope you are all having a great day

Rach - we tend to do about 6-7 feeds a day. Although it can sometimes increase (ie tonight she ended up having 3 feeds in 2 hours to try and get her to sleep). Sounds like you are really having some tough nights - DD has spent the last 5-6 weeks waking more than she used to, must be something about that birthday! That was so good of your DH to give you a night off!

OK, I'm definitely going to bed now.

Was posting a reply when suddenly having problem with internet connection. Well I guess I have to retype the whole thing again then
    BBL, hope I can still remember what I said

back from my step class!! feel like i might die in my sleep lol gosh for someone who does no excersise well except for walking to go to a 1hr intensive workout class is really hard lol but good fun... before i went i was like yeah maybe i will go to two diff classes a week and this week i will go tonight and wednesday because i have a free 3 day pass lol pretty delusional there!! once a week is deffinately enough no need to push myself too far lol gotta be a bit careful with the gym i have been known to get carried away which is part pf the reason i am doing an actual planned and structured class!! my gosh if i dnt have a good loss @ ww this week i will cry lol... lucky i had a good dinner before i went i was just gonna have vege lasagne that i made but i ended up having that tuna salad as well lol and i still feel like i will collapse oh well rambling on as usual!!
    cally- lol Ashas two favourite toys are her bunny inventively named bunny and her small plush of tigger which we call tiggy lol imaginative souls we are dp wanted to call the bunny Mohommed or Humouddy when that teacher was jailed after the incident of letting class members name the soft toy mohommed which was sacrilidge in their faith so it ended up bunny lol..
    jordie - Asha is no where near rolling though sometimes when she tries to crawl she tips hallf to the side iykwim but then she gets the $hits and wants to get off the floor lol. shes just started solids recently though she went without tonight, just not showing her usual 5pm hunger and wrigglyness so we gave it a miss, and no rasberries but still lots of dribble and some lumpy things that look like teeth coming in..
    lp - lucky you found out now and not tmw when you and the girls rocked up for school all dressed and ready to go!!!! i wish you could come to the step class too its hard when its the first few times and u dnt know anyone and feel really unco lol...
    fianne - i agree with the other girls your supply will increase as her demand does increase and if she was hungry surely shed be screaming? dnt feel like your starving her shell get what she needs from you, you should be proud of yourself for going down the breastfeeding road we didnt quite make it and i am very envious of those who do!!
    jazmum - i want a trampoline!! sounds like you had a nice walk i sometimes do sit ups in bed at night well i did when dp was on night shift anyway lol i am sure thats really nad for my back but oh well..

Welcome Jordie ~ Scarlet is also blowing heaps of raspberries, She alternates between those & squealing her head off, She has been blowing bubbles like crazy lately too.
    She has a little corner of a tooth poking through but we are yet to have any teething problems, She rolls from back to front & back again every now & then but has little spats where she stops doing it all together.

Cally, We have named some toys - We have rascal the bunny (because he has rascal written on his foot, Inventive huh! lol) Lolly the teddy bear & woof the puppy dog who also like to have conversations LOL!

Good point MD, We can pratice glad-unwrapping tomorrow I feel like such a dork! The girls are okay with it though, we are going to go to Australia Zoo since we have some more holidays left! lol.

Hi again Bilby, Sounds like you had a nice break - Don't feel bad, We all need one sometimes!

Are you with bigpond Agnes? Ours has been stuffing up really bad, I lost a monster post earlier.

Thanks girls for being so welcoming! It's nice to talk to people who's kiddies are doing similar things!

Cally: Haven't named bears or toys (too many to remember!) but she doesn't really play with those ones yet. I guess I call them "beary", "lamby" etc. not very original LOL! My aunt used to name her daughter's toys after who gave them to her. Nice idea but can't remember exactly who gave what!

Bilby1 - I feel like I understand! DD sleeps well most of the time but just when you think you have some sort of a routine or pattern she does something different! Oh well- just go with the flow!

Raspberries - dribbling - BRING ON THE BIBS!!! Hee hee

Was just thinking 'I wonder how noni went at the gym' & there you popped up! lol.
    I love that tired feeling of being physically exhausted... Too bad i'm so lazy!
    Glad you had a good time, You may have even semi motivated me to get back to the gym.. Maybe! Haha

BTW - Love the name Scarlet!

Thanks Jordie Mackenzie is gorgeous! How did the birth go?
    Wow, I just realised now we have 4 bubs born on the 13th (or is it 5?)

Long story short - pretty well - epidurals are the best!!!! 13 hrs from waters breaking to birth with about 4 hrs of horrible, agonising, terrible et.c et.c pain!! the rest I coped with! How about you? 13 is popular! She was due on 14th but came early.

Hi Jordy and welcome! Glad you decided to join in with us

Alister is going through bibs like there is no tomorrow with all the dribbling he's been doing lately. Luckily I found some amongst Lindsays baby things with the plastic backing on them so his clothes don't get as wet as they normally do. He tried to blow raspberries, but all it does is make more dribble come out LOL.

Noni, well done on the class - will you make it a regular thing now you've tried it?
    LP, my mum did that once. She was pleased as punch that she actually got me ready for school on time (she was hopeless LOL - I wasn't at school on time very often in my younger years) and then when we got there there was no one else there.
    Fianne, You aren't starving her, she would let you know if she was hungry. You are doing a great job with the BF hun.
    Hi Agnes!
    Marydean, I think I have a plan for next weekend. How was Miss E last night for you?
    Hi Rach! How thoughtful of your DH to give you a break. I hope she starts having some better nights for you.
    Hi Pregpan!

We have some names for the toys the kids have. They all have a special teddy that we gave them as babies and we have a Sleeping Ted, Ballerina Bunny, Lamby and Mr Monkey.

We have decided that we are going to stop getting Alister vaccinated or at least not continue with the Rotavirus vaccine. I feel that the risk of him actually catching rotavirus is smaller than the risk of him having another adverse affect from it. I still haven't made the appointment for them though, but will discuss it further with our GP.

ETA *snap* Jordy. Alister was due on the 14th too but came on the 18th instead.

LOL Sherie, I'm so glad i didn't do it too... How embarrassing for them.
    I was just reading the immunisation thread & I feel strange about immunising now... I think i'm going to do some research, Or maybe i shouldn't... I reckon you've made the right decision, Can't have him getting side effects from it.

Jordie, Scarlet was due on the 27th but I had a C-section because she was breech (geographically challenged like her mum who gets lost in the shopping centre, hehe) so mine was all over in about 15 minutes

Wow, I better get to bed!

Sherie - I have PMed you again . E much better last night, it was still late but I have FINALLY convinced DH to keep her in her cradle and pat from there - works a charm but he didn't believe me for ages.

I'm curious as to what the GP will say re the rotavirus vacc. I don't think it's a very high priority at all, not a dangerous disease so to speak. More of a public health nuisance (and that's why they did the vacc IMO - save the medicare system money LOL).

everyone, thanks for being encouraging and all the advice. it's been a very difficult day in that i'm trying to wean off formula and very insecure on the signs. she takes the boobs everytime i give it to her but then, she falls asleep. the hungry/tired cycle dilemma. bought fenugreek yesterday hoping to boost supply. lady at health food store also suggested blessed thistle for the flow but i was feeding max so dp was the one to buy the fenugreek and didn't get the thistle.
    cally, today's feeds were way off norm. can't even remember how often she was on the breast (it was that often!!!). but generally, with the topping up, every 2-4 hours. but when i say, with the topping up, i only gave her top up, maybe, every other feed...definitely not every feed. but it's been bothering me to try to figure out whether or not she needed a top up after a feed which is why i wanted to go purely breastfeeding.
    a couple of weeks ago, i went to exercise class and gave her the bbs after the class to fill her up before we went home. i didn't give her the formula after coz' she looked content. on the drive home, she was screaming her heart out coz' she was hungry. it was so difficult to drive with a screaming baby and a guilty conscience in the car with you.
    as for formula in perth, she was ok with s26 and heinz. so used them instead.
    this is going to be my last attempt and if it doesn't work, then i think i will go full on formula.
    ozstar, are you still topping up as well?
    now, on to less selfish stuff....
    welcome jordie and bilby1! you won't regret joining this thread. have got so much useful advice from people here that i can't stop talking about bb to other people.
    toy naming, yes, we're a little formal here too. mr woodles (label said 'woodles') and mr googly eyes (a bug-gy looking thing), etc.....not all have been named though.
    mother's group, missed one at southbank beach last week. hoping to make the swimming then lunch one this week. not holding my breath though. car a/c is on the blink and her royal highness screams when she's hot and i can't bear it so i don't take her in the car.
    ditto on the half rolls. after the first full roll she did last week, i have yet to see another.
    no toe sucking happening here yet. she has started noticing them though. and she sucks everything else. her wrap, quilt she's lying on (w/c i'm using as her playmat), her clothes (she pulls them up if they're loose enough), toys...
    noni, good on you for going to the gym.
    lp, would've been funny (from an outsiders point of view) if the girls went to school and it was closed.
    oh, had a good night last night...she went to sleep at 8, grizzled at 9:30 for feed, didn't wake up again until 4:45 for another feed!!! am hoping that it'll be the same tonight but not holding my breath for this.
    sorry for all the missed personals.

md, what are you still doing on? thought you were supposed to be working. hard to resist bb eh?

Looks like its been another busy day in here for you lot! (while I slaved away at my desk hehehe just kidding)

Gosh i knew I was being a paranoid mummy about the mattress cover!

Sherie - The whole vaccination thing is a tricky one. I watched an Oprah episode once and they were suggesting that vaccinations can cause all sorts of horrible side affects ie Autism. I've decided to vaccinate with Maddie, I hope I am doing the right thing.

Jordie - Welcome! Yes I wont be forgetting the pain of child birth for quite some time. To top it off Maddie was a posterior bub and my god the pain was unbelieveable!!! I knew child birth was going to be painful, but I never thought it would be that bad lol. Mackenzie is such a beautiful name!

Noni - Good on you for hitting the gym. Makes you feel so much better doesnt it. I did combat on Sunday, I'm sore today, but I need to get back into some serious exercise if I want to lose my baby belly!

Bilby - What a lovely hubby you have, I would have been needing a break too! I'm a person who really needs 8 hrs plus sleep haha I walk around like a zombie these days. Wow rolling already, clever girl.

Marydean - You crack me up with your funny comments! Are you back at work too?

Hayley - Oh no that is so funny! Lucky you didnt turn up at school tomorrow that would have been a tad embarrassing! How are things going with the girls anyway? Are they excited about school? The baby squealing is so cute isnt it.

Cally - Have fun at mums group tomorrow.

I got an invite today to a pash party, which is apparently all about sex toys and sexy outfits haha this should be a laugh!

Immunisations - I won't say much as each to their own I guess... however given my previous job sure there are adverse reactions but the risk of catching the various diseases is higher and if you saw what can happen to the little cherubs if they catch them - it aint pretty.
    What I will say is when searching on the internet for information/ "facts" about vaccination, be careful which ones you base your decisions off.
    Even rotavirus is pretty horrid. It is a gastro and the NT had an outbreak of it a few years back (we were one of the 1st to have the vaccination) and is a pretty full-on gastro for anyone, let alone young bubs.
    So I understand that when your bub has a reaction to a vaccine that it can be pretty scarey and concerning, but please think carefully about what could happen if they actually got the disease in comparison before you make that decision.
    It also often means that when they get to kinder/school age that if there is an outbreak that they will get sent home until it dies down...

Please don't think I am having a go at anyone's decisions, just trying to provide some more info as I have seen both sides of the story.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast