Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #17

hi jordie - welcome Hannah isn't blowing raspberries but likes to suck anything she can reach. when she is in her swing, she sits forward and has a good old suck of her toes! She's a little miss roly poly and loves to giggle if anyone sneezes. (it's so cute)
    cally - Hannah goes to sleep with a little mouse ( i take it out of the cot when she is asleep) which is called Felicity, but which i just call ' mousie'. the only other thing which has a name is her dummy, which we refer to as 'nim-num'.
    noni - glad you enjoyed yourself at the step class.
    hi sherie
    lp - Australia Zoo sounds like fun. We took Jess and Zoe there a couple of years ago, and we all had a great time. The highlight was feeding the elephants, and seeing Steve riding a motorbike with Bob in front. ( he wasn't 'working' as such - but on his way to the elephant enclosure - apparently he took Bob there in the afternoons after he got an ice-cream)
    hayley - how was Maddie's day at Day care today? Pash party hey!! sounds very interesting.
    bilby - it makes it so much easier to cope after a rough night - when they are smiling and happy doesn't it.
    fianne - that was a good nights sleep. I hope Max has another good night for you tonight.

Last edited by Patooties; January 21st, 2008 at 10:17 PM.

sounds like they're doing similar things! Mackenzie isn't sucking toes but has def started notincing she has feet! so funny to watch!
    re: immunisations - I thought it was quite simple really but after reading a few threads I'm not so sure hmmm will have to think more about that one!
    Drool - don't you love it! MAckenzie will suck anything too - love watching her pull up her pretty dresses just so she can put them in her mouth! oh well - she'll be more private as she grows older!!!

Taking Mackenzie on her first camping trip on wed! Quite exciting but also worried that it will be too hot or we won't have everything! I find it hard to bushbash though there will be toilets and showers and we're in a camper so not too bad! Hope she doesn't wake all the other campers up though!

Hey Jaz! you would have done well to see Steve at the Zoo - he wasn't there a lot because of his O/S and filming obligations at times. Aaaaw, Hannah sounds so cute - I can just picture her giggling at sneezes.

Rach, that's fair enough, but I will probably still keep the others and not the RV. It really knocked him around. I also never got my older kids done for all the 'extra' ones they could get too (meningococcal and phnuemococcal). Our lifestyle (very small country town and no use of daycare/childminding etc) doesn't put us in high risk situations. I know that may seem like a naive thing to say, but that vaccine (RV) wasn't around when my other kids were babies and they have got along just fine without it. Its something I have given carefull consideration to (without using google either ). he only gets it by virtue of his birth anyway - if he had been born at the start of last year he wouldn't have gotten it as routine.

woah was busy in here last night.

MD LMAO at your soft cooked dough bum. How did you go getting your work done?

Hi Jordie, Mackenzie is such a gorgeous name. Logan is doing the raspberries but no signs of rolling.

Cally we havent named any toys, your names are very cute though.

Rach glad you got to catch up on some sleep. My DH got up on Saturday morning so I could sleep on for a little while. I wish we had a pool, we all sat in Logans little blow up pool last weekend, the neighbours must have thought it looked extremly funny.

Hi Agnes, dont you hate when you loose a post.

Noni yay on the class, I love the feeling you get after a work out.

LP I had to laugh at your school mix up. Australia zoo sounds like fun, cant wait till Logan is old enough to enjoy that sort of thing.

Sherie you will have to let us know what the Dr says when you talk to him about the vaccinations. Do they have the Rotavirus one everytime?

Fianne we are still topping up but the bottles are getting smaller and smaller, I gave expressing after and between feeds it was to exhausting. I had a look at the fenugreek I couldnt find blessed thistle but found milk thistle is it the same thing? I think I am going to try them too.

Hayley I had a pash party for my hens night....absolutley hilarious and lots of fun. I say have some drinks first as some of the games are a little embarassing.

Hi Jazmum Logan laughs when anyone sneezes too.

We had a great night here last night (the night before wasnt to bad either). Logan went to bed at 6.30 woke at 3.30 for a feed and then rather then waking at 5-5.30 he woke at 7am. I am feeling great this morning. I take him for a walk at 5pm every day before his bath and feed, he has been going to bed so much easier. Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by Ozstar; January 22nd, 2008 at 10:24 AM.

good morning everyone
    katie - great that Logan is sleeping well for you. Hannah woke at 2 and then again at 4:30 and was up at 7. She seems to have pains in her tum, which isn't suprising since she only poos once a week!!

I'm going to stop giving her the rice cereal for a while. I really don't think she needs it just yet. I've been giving it to her about an hour after she feeds, but by that time she is usually ready for another sleep. She has been puking most of it back up too. I'm hoping that my eating healthily will help to settle her wind too.

Fianne - I'm brilliant at multitasking! LOL Sounds like you're doing really well with the feeding, I'm sure M's not missing out. Barb had some great suggestions in your other thread.

Had a better nights sleep last night but feel like a complete zombie this morning - why is that? I'm nearly even a cranky mummy today - might need to organise an arvy nap. Well I'm in good company cos E is tired and cranky today too - after a good nights sleep...??? Doesn't make sense really

Rach, do you work as a nurse/medico? btw I agree with you on the necessity of vaccinations, I was just trying to say that out of all of them, the rotavirus is probably the least of a priority IMO. Gastro's always pretty awful in the NT cos most ppl are already halfway dehydrated to start with from the heat. Plus it seems to go around an awful lot more (or maybe just poor food-handling practices...)

Hayley, no not back at work but working on a little research/writing project. Not enjoying the deadline aspect! Pash party sounds like it will be hilarious...you'll have to tell us what you buy!!!

Jordie that sounds like pretty civilised camping to me (the only sort of camping I will do LOL) - does your camper have aircon?

Poo Hannah Poo! LOL When E didn't go for a week she seemed to have a lot more wind pain too.

Speaking of poos, As we quite often do now! lol - Pumpkin is another food that comes out the same as it went in... I gave S a taste yesterday & then took her nappy off so she could kick around... erm, Not recommended - We had pumpkin poo everywhere! Noice!

MD ~ I always feel like a zombie if i have a sleep in now, Even an extra hour... It's very strange.

Glad you had a nice sleep Katie, I hope your routine sticks for a while

o0o - Anyone who wants to try out little swimmer nappies before you buy, i went to get some from woolies but i couldn't find the girl ones (Duh, They are unisex) so i went on the huggies site to see if they had girls ones & found they have an offer for a freebie one I ordered it on Friday & got it today, Love it when you can try stuff for free.. lol

Wow, so busy in here!

Cally, we have donkey, puppy-dog and bear (guess what they are lol) and rattlebug (a bug that rattles) and Brendon (an octopus)

JordieC, I am eagerly waiting for raspberries but they aren't happening yet. He can roll from back to front but doesn't do it very often, loves to grab his feet and just started sitting on Saturday. Good luck with the camping, we are planning to do a lot more outdoorsy stuff when we shift back to NZ.

Fianne, hope the BF is working out for you

Sherie, I wondered how useful the rotovirus vaccine is myself. W has had the first two, but it isn't on the schedule for NZ vaccinations so he won't be getting any more of it.

LP, lol about the school mix up

Haley, I do remember something a couple of years ago when they decided the mattresses caused SIDS but most baby ones are approved by the SIDS foundations now anyway.

Ozstar, yay for the good nights. The weather has been a lot better for walking lately, the rain seems to be gone for now.

We have had 6 crap nights in a row and I am very tired. He is waking every 1-2 hours, I put him back in the cot the first couple of times but after that he ends up in bed with me but he still wakes me for more food. Are they due for another growth spurt around this age? He didn't poo for two days which usually happens when he is growth spurting. I hope so, I could really do with some sleep. Now he is probably going to sleep through tonight and I will wake at 4am with exploding boobs.

I dropped DH at the airport this morning for his trip to NZ to see his new plant/sign contract/find somewhere for us to live. Now I am at home alone until Thursday. I have downloaded a couple of movies to watch - Juno and Across the Universe. Hopefully they will be good.

Do the Brisbane ladies want to try for a meet up sometime in the next couple of weeks? Let me know what days you can or can't do if you are interested and I will organise something.

I'm up for coming to Brisbane in a couple of weeks Art, I have been thinking of taking Scarlet on a train ride to brissy for some shopping but i haven't been motivated to do it yet - I am going to buy a small stroller (thanks for the idea noni!) so we can use public transport easier while i don't have my car.
    ETA: I can't do Mondays or weekends but any other school days should be fine

Hi Girls,

Wow it so busy here I can hardly keep up.
    Art- Would love to meet up. I can do weekends and some mondays.
    Toys- We have molly the dolly . Yes I know its very orginal- hehehehehehe.
    Hi to Rach and Jordie and welcome.
    Oh know I have forgotten what I was going to type next.
    Olivia slept last night from 9.30pm to 6am this morning without even stiring. However both the boys were restless last night and ended up having them both in bed with us from about 1am.. Poor Olivia I wont even let her sniff my bed for fear she will want in all the time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...

wow busy busy!!!!
    thanks for all the comments on the gym, i am sure feeling it today lol it hurts to walk gotta be a good sign though i suppose.. will probably try my very best to do a class once a week but not making any promises lol..
    jazmum - sorry H isnt doing well with her rice cereal maybe shes just not ready yet? hope it all gets figured out soon!! maybe try something other than rice cereal a small amount of pureed fruit or something i know Asha did better with solids once they were something a bit more interesting..
    lp - we give bright orange sweet potato for dinner sometimes and Ashas poo still looks the same as it did before lol no idea whats going on there
    hello everyone else sorry for not many personals feeling realy tired its 12:13 and i havnt eaten yet lol better get to that!!

Noni- Congrats on going to the gym but sorry you are feeling it today. Hope it gets better.
    Poos- dont you just love the pumpkin poo. Olivia poos twice a day in the morning and after her 5pm bottle. Xavier was the same and still poos about twice a day just like daddy. However Jordy is every couple of day or once a week and has always been like that. I also have to give him para choc daily as per pedatricican cause his poos are hard. Sorry for TMI.

hi ladies! yup! as expected, the full night's sleep was a 1x off. oh well.

katie, don't know about the thistles. just know that the lady in the health food store pointed out the blessed thistle. best to check w/ the health food store. will let you know if the fenugreek works for me.

brisbane ladies, ok for most days of the week. have exercise at rbwh on tues but can skip that (like i've done today), and mothers group on fridays...w/c i've also missed. would rather keep w/ends for dp time with max but if it's more convenient for all, will still make myself available. and can we do it in the city or anywhere more convenient for public transpo? car a/c's on the blink & don't know when it'll get fixed.

I can do the first Monday (so not this coming monday but next) after school starts if Leemar can only do Mondays & somewhere near public transport would be great for us too!

LP- Geez I am a twit. I wont be available till after the 4th feb cause Xavier is going in to hospital to have his gromets and adionoids done on the 5th feb and I had to swap days so I am now working on the 4th. Sorry.

Wow - it's hard to keep up with this all!!

Marydean - no aircon!!! so hopefully it's not too hot! weill be going to cousins place near by if it is!!

Food - how many of you have started solids? I havent' started anything yet. Thought I was meant to wait till 6 mnths? Feel like MAckenzie is getting a bit hungrier but I just feed her more during day.

Fianne - those full night sleeps happen very irregularly - unless you're lucky!! Mackenzie sleeps about 11-12 hrs during the night but still gets up for feeds - she's very sleepy though so it's easy for her to go back down. Haven't had the full night with no get-ups for ages though!

how funnny - at the start we used to up for about 1 1/2 - 2hrs and now it's about 10-15mins!! No wonder I was tired then! Still a bit now!

i think it was leanne first with the solids then myself, jazmum gave it a go but is backing off atm and lp as well the last two on drs recomendations.. the WHO does recomend you wait till 6mths but some bubs are ready earlier.. if the milk is satisfying her just giving her more during the day i wouldnt worry about it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast