Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #17

OMG I just opened a Jar of s-26 gold and there was a maggot in between the lid & safety seal WTF!!!!!!

Maia is very spewy at the moment as is many of the other bubs in our mums group her age at the moment - not sure what that means really. Just messy.
    THis prob a really dumb question but where are the photo galleries you all speak about and also how do you put pics on your signature blocks?

It does make it easier to cope after a rough night when they are smiling and happy - they are at a much cuter age now. And despite lotsa spewing - it is often done through a smile or talking so that is often funny too.
    Ozstar - I'm glad you got some sleep - my hubby does that some saturday mornings too which is nice. We were going to get a really little kiddy pool but given it is so hot here we got a slighty larger one (10ft across and when sitting in it comes up to shoulders) so we can all enjoy to some extent. The power went off here this morning and with a top temp of 41degrees and a min of 26 expected I was glad we had the pool for the daytime. Cause when the evap cooler and fans go off doesn't take long to warm up. Thankfully it came back on before an hour was up :-)
    Marydean - was working in Allied Health/Environmental Health

RV vaccine may not have been around a few years ago but then the virus wasn't much of a problem then either. Just as meningococcal never used to be as big a problem but now that risk has increased vaccine is now recommended. Would have been the same for all the others at one stage or another. While RV is a gastro - it is not your normal everyday gastro...more of a MEGA version and they have put the vaccine on the schedule as the risk has increased and as always with bubs immune systems still developing they are more likely to catch it.
    JordieC - not on solids yet and planning on waiting till the 6months at this stage - she seems pretty happy with booby milk and stacking it on. Though she is getting more interested with what is on my plate these days

Yuck Renee!!!! That is soooo disgusting! I would throw up, can't stand flies and maggots. I would enclose it in an envelope and send it to them with a very strongly worded complaint letter (read: hate mail).

I would kick up a big stink if I found maggots in anything!! DEMAND to talk to manager - anything! THat's so gross! Oh and Maia is such a pretty name! Love it!

Artechim - very cute baby! William - do you call him Will?

Jordie thanks. We do call him Will. My father keeps calling him Willy and it gives me the ****s! We often marvel at how all the sept bubs are cuties (Mackenzie included)

My house finally has all the photos on realestate.com.au. Have been waiting for ages and the auction is in two weeks. I am annoyed at my agent. Property ID is 104538745 if anyone wants to look.
    Last edited by Artechim; January 22nd, 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Arte the pic with Will asleep in the bed is so cute, fingers crossed you get what you want at auction. Logan has the same octopus in orange, DH has perfected the songs lol.

Wow spick and span Arte, hope you get a really good price for it!

Had a "hellrider" of an arvo today, Missy would not sleep but whinged constantly. DH arrived home and bathed her and had her asleep in about 10 minutes - I crashed on the lounge and boyo I feel better now!

Rach I don't envy the climate you're living in! Good thing you have a pool. IF you click on the gallery link in the RH top corner of a post, it will take you to piccies ppl have put up there. I have mine on a website and just paste the url into your siggy (like for your ticker). HTH

Renee, seriously take a photo and EMAIL it to them, I would imagine they will be very interested in the batch information. Eeeew - let us know what they say.

Leanne, i had my adenoids and grommits done when I was little and really they should have done the tonsils at the same time cos they caused no end of trouble. I'm sure he will be fine, they've got it down to a fine art these days.

I wash all our clothes before wearing, most of them come from Asia and have been stored for long periods and have all sorts of dust and micro-dusty itchy creatures in them - I've had a really bad itchy rash one time from wearing something straightaway and don't like to risk it again. Plus someone emailed me these photos of ulcerating sores that were (allegedly) from wearing before washing - eeew. Might have been an urban myth tho.

Jordie - I'm holding off until after 6 mths - can't see the point before then when milk is the main food - I believe what they say about gut readiness, etc, too. Plus we have allergies in the family so we'll be introducing low chemical foods like I did with DD1 who seems to have bypassed the family hayfever/asthma thing. That means lots of cooking from scratch and not using jar food which believe me is pretty labour intensive.

On the same topic LP - golden delicious is the most mild flavour apple (low food chemical) or otherwise you can start with pear (also mild) and move onto apple later.

Noni we were going to have your tuna salad for tea tonight but then I feel asleep on the couch and DH started a lamb tagine so looks like it'll be tmrw instead.

EWWW RENEE! That's so disgusting, It's definately in my top 3 most disgusting things you could find in baby formula - You should absolutely complain.. I told DF about it & he said you should complain your a$$ off til you get a years supply of formula for free.

Art, that is so cute Will sleeping in your house photo.. lol. I can't believe they listed it that late i'd be annoyed too!

Oops, Type too slow... MD we were going for pears but DF & i had a difference of opinion on which variety was just a plain normal pear, Obviously he is just STRANGE lol... anyway we didn't end up buying any at all - I also wanted to get golden delicious & he disagreed with that so i will tell him MD said so next time!

ETA; Yes we are that couple that you see arguing in the fruit isle!

renee - if u ring the company they will sort something out for you they should give you some free products (if u even want them now) or your money back or both deffinately talk to them because if you let them know the batch no etc etc they may want to recall it so they can look further into it
    sorry for the lack of other personals having a bit of trouble with dp be back on later i am sure

Im emailing them now. I didnt take any photo's though Do you think they will believe me???

Im having trouble wording the email though. Dont want to sound too agressive but not too passive either. Oh

I think if you just etll them simply what ahppened and how disapointed you were then they will understand. If they don't reply then you can be more aggressive next time!

Story: I once told DH off for buying beans when we already had some. The conversation went "YOU'RE NOT BUYING BEANS ARE YOU?" (imagine bossy voice!). The guy then said "well actually..." it wasn't my DH! I was accusing a complete stranger! Luckily he laughed and I couldn't stop laughing and apologising - found DH near the tomatoes!

I agree about solids - will wait until DD really neeeds them. I am looking forward to it in some ways but I figure I have the rest of her life (well childhood) to feed her so will hold off! I know there are lots of signs but how do you know your baby is hungrier - hungry enough to eat solids? I know they might want more milk but that's quite normal I think!!! Well for Mackenzie it is! She's in the 95th percentile for weight!

renee - i email companies all the time complaining lol i dnt hold back just write something like dear blah blah.. i have been using your product now for x amount of time and have found it to be a reliable product. to my complete horror when opening a tin this morning i found a maggot. i am sure you can imagine how disgusted and shocked i was that the product i had come to trust to nourish my child had something like this in it. i did not save the actual maggot as i was in such shock but i do have the tin.
    in my experience its probably best to give them a ring tmw because it will be quicker than through email. dnt worry about sounding agressive you should be angry yuk!!

Hi Girls,

Renee- I use s26Gold too and now I will be looking like mad. I hope they sort something out for you.
    Jordie- You crack me up. Thanks for making me smile. Actually iam laughing cause I could see myself doing the same thing.
    Noni- I hope everything is ok with you and DP. Did he get another job?
    Girls I love all your photos.

Renee you will be quite surprised at this horrible disgusting thing, as they will take it completely in their stride, unbeknownst to the general public they probably get a number of similar complaints every year. Like the time I found silky coccoons in my breakfast cereal, the woman on the phone didn't blink an eyelid and even told me what sort of creature it was...!

Okay guys this is what I wrote! Hope you dont mind me posting it here. I am terribling at stringing words togther in letters LOL!

Marydean - I have a feeling they wont give a rats too

Dear Manager

On the 20th January 2008 I opened the lid of our S-26 Gold tin which was bought the day prior at Coles in Ocean Keys, Western Australia. To my absolute horror there was a single dead maggot lying in-between the gold lid and the tin safety seal.

Being that formula is required to be made in such a sterile manner, I am shaken that a well-known Australian product created to nourish my son could endanger his health. Making the decision on which formula to use was not an easy one but during my own research I found that S-26 was a well-recommended and trusted formula. However I am now weary on using feeding my son S-26 again. My husband and I are extremely disappointed.

I do hope that this is not a wide spread problem your company is facing, for the sake of other mothers trust in what they are feeding their babies.

Do you require a batch number to investigate this further? I still have the receipt available if you require this also.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Renee I think that sound sgreat, let us know what they say. If you dont get a call or email by lunch I would be giving them a call.

Noni hope everythign is ok with you and DP.

MD thats disgusting!

Jordie PMSL at your story, I would so do the same thing.

Well I am off tobed, fingers crossed Logan sleeps in again....I am not holding my breath though lol.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast