Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #17

Morning Girls,

Renee- Your letter sounds great. Good Luck.

Well the good night sleeps where just a teaser. Olivia was talking and wanting to play at 2.30am this morning and yet again for another night I had 2 boys in my bed. OH I am so tired today.

Have a great day to all...

OMG Heath Ledger is Dead...

renee, letter sounds good. but just playing devil's advocate here, if you found the maggot outside the seal, then could it be coles' s/market at fault? the plastic lid could've come off in store and maggot got in there. don't know if this makes a difference.

Renee, that's a great letter. Sometimes though they ask you to take it back to place of purchase if you have the receipt, but I always tell them I don't have the receipt and you can get more off them that way - I got a dodgy 750ml dare expresso once and called them and they sent me a $10 coles card to replace a $3.50 drink.

Leanne, can you get a snooze in at all today? I was up at 4.30 with Alister and his trumpet bum giving him pains in the belly.

Jordy, that is hilarious. I would have died of embarassment if that were me LOL.

Grrr I am soooooo tired today and not because of Logan. At 12.45 DH and I woke up to a loud knocking on our front dooor, got up nobody was there we spent about half hour looking around for someone and then took about 2 hours to go back to sleep. We have seen young kids raoming around latley so it seems they have upgraded from pushing porta-loo's over to playing knock and run. I am going to check with the neighbours if they had the same thing or if we were the only lucky ones. Logan woke at about 2am I put his dummy in and rubbed his back so he didnt wake till 5am.....that would have been the best nights sleep .

Well I have a zillion things to do this morning. Have a great day everyone. Leanne hopefully you and I can get a snooze in later (obviously not together lol).

Tears at our house last night. DD did not want to go to bed (as usual). All the tired signs were there and we spent half an hour stroking, cuddling, sshing etc before giving up. She was bright as a button when we got her up and happily sat there while we read a story etc. Gave her half an hour then she fell asleep on the bb. It's just so frustrating when all I want to do is go to sleep!!

And looks like AF is coming back - not impressed, didn't think that was supposed to happen when she is still feeding 4 hourly over night.

OK, whinge over.

Renee - hope you get a reply soon, that is disgusting, I think I would have spewed when I saw it!!

Katie - oh, the knock and run, you poor thing.

Sherie - how is the new formula going for A?

We were going to go for a bit of a drive today, but DH had a bad sleep and I'm just not in the mood. Will go and check out the other child care centres instead - so much for having that finalised before Christmas, we are so disorganised.

Hey girls I have just been to Toys R Us and they have the boxes of huggies on special for $32, just thought I would let you all know.
    DH is coming hom early woo hoo, he is super tired the poor thing at least I got to go back to sleep this morning.

Cally Ih ope K starts to settle for you real soon, you must be buggered.

hey all
    well i went to ww and i managed to put on .1 i was so gutted especially considering i'm still sore!! i really thought i was gonna hit my goal this week.. guess not.. joined unlimited so i have access to all the net tools, it actually works out cheaper anyway.. sigh fingers crossed next week will be better..
    renee - that is a good letter hope they reply really soon!!
    sherie - dp had a juice bottle lid come off in his bag not long ago it was sealed but the lid broke and juice went everywhere so i emailed them and complained and they gave me a 10 coles voucher too think that drink was worth about 3bucks lol..
    katie - wish there was a toys r us near us they always seem to have goo specials but we are too lazy to drive the half hour to get there lol...knock and run how annoying!! id be out for blood lol
    cally - sorry about af.. there were tars at our house over bed time last night too because i settled her into bed and dp decided he wanted to go in and "look" at her of course she started screaming grrrr
    fianne - shouldnt make a difference, i once had a dolmio jar with a ****eroach (sp) in it but we figured out over the phone because the thing was alive it was probably hiding under the seal then when the lid poped the vacuum sucked it in they said it probably came from coles to tbh it probably came from where we were living at the time but they still sent us heaps of free sauces lol (geez i am starting to sound a bit petty here with all my complaining to companies and thats not even half of the things ive rang about lol)
    leanne - i heard that about heath ledger strange stuff!!

Found a child care centre - just had a good vibe about it and it is next door to DH's work so he can go and visit when he wants to! They don't provide a main meal, so I'm going to have to be well prepared the night before, but it was so much better than the other places.

Noni - sorry you didn't lose any weight this week, fingers crossed for next week.

Oz - shame we don't have a Toys R Us near us.

Noni, if you've only put on .1 then it might just be extra fluid or something. I on the other hand managed to find myself an extra 1.3kg (well that did include Christmas) so you're going ok. That's why I don't do weekly weighs, it's too short a time and too easy to obsess about it. BTW I told DD1 about the roasted tom salad tonight and she's quite looking forward to it!

Thanks Katie for the Huggies tip. Just what every neighbourhood needs, little hoodlums.

Cally, oh, so this staying awake on purpose is happening at your house too? We've had another episode of fighting sleep to the point where we have to go through several rounds of crying (being patted, etc) before we go to sleep, if you get her out of bed she's all happy and wants to play...for about 5 minutes until she realises how tired and grumpy she is. Bit of a challenge, I think we just have to ride this one out, I'm sure it's just a developmental leap.

Renee, I agree, good letter, let us know what they say.

OK, just bought another (3 mth old) stroller on eBay, it's an Emma but will fold down and fit in the boot a bit better. YAY!

Leanne I was shocked to hear about Heath Ledger, cut down in his prime - do they know why? What happened?

MD - K only does it at nighttime, is E the same? DH thought we should push bedtime back, but I think that will just result in us getting to bed later, because she will do the same thing no matter when she goes to bed. Tonight we're just going to go with the flow, not keep perservering for too long because I will just get stressed out!!

It started at night time a couple of weeks ago and has now progressed onto staying awake for unreasonable lengths of time during the daytime too (hence yesterday's horror ride). She really fights the wrapping, settling, shooshing process. I'm pretty sure it won't be a long term pattern, she'll realise soon that going to sleep is actually NICE when you're tired then will start settling easier. I hope, anyway!

ETA I half wonder if she doesn't have some teeth moving or something else like that happening...

I was wondering about the teeth too, tried to have a look yesterday but don't think there is anything there.

I just have to go with the flow, deep calm breaths at night time....

W has started playing up at bed time too. He used to feed to sleep and then go to bed, now he wakes as soon as I put him in the cot and it can take a few extra attempts to get him to stay in there. Hoping it is a passing thing, the last week has been terrible for sleep but I can see the big red lump back on his gum so I guess his little toothy is bothering him again.

Oh my goodness, cant believe Heath Ledger has passed away! Such a waste. My sister used to work at Bunker Bay resort down in Dunsborough, where he often took off to with Michelle & Matilda, and he was apparently so down to earth and always said hello - not a big headed super star at all.

Renee - Wow that is disgusting. We use S26 Gold too so I will be keeping a look out. Yuck I really hope it was just that one tin and not a whole batch. Pretty scary. Your letter sounds very good, I wonder how quickly they will respond.

Cally - Glad you found a child care centre. When do you go back to work? Yes you need to organise her bag the night before, and then all you need to do in the morning is bath/dress her. It makes it easier, otherwise you are running around in the morning stressed out trying to get yourself dressed for work while trying to organise the baby too.

Hayley - Thats good that Scarlet is ok - lucky it wasnt anything bad.

Marydean - Congrats on your stroller buy!

Noni - I do body combat - its like martial arts based, lots of kicking and punching, its addictive. You should give it a go, its an excellent work out.

Katie - Thanks for the huggies tip! Cant believe the kids knocking at your door at night, naughty!

Sherie - Haha trumpet bum, thats a good one!

Arte - Wow you keep your house looking nice and clean thats for sure! Mine looks like a bomb has dropped on it today. I'm sure you will sell it, sometimes you just have to hang in there. We are having trouble selling our unit, the problem is over here in WA its a buyers market at the moment and they are all offering ridiculously low prices in the hope of getting a bargain. Is that whats happening in QLD too? Love little Will in the bed, such a cutie.

Anyway have to run, Maddie is crying for mum.

ooohhh i've missed so much....
    just wanted to say..thank you all for your kind words about lewis' pics! i know i'm biased, but he's so frrriiggging cute!!!!!

renee- i can't get over the maggot! that's not right!

lp- glad scarlet is ok. it's so scarey when things happen to them isn't it?

katie- can't believe those little naughty coreys (melb girls will know who i mean lol) knick knocking you! how annoying. have to admit we used to do it when we were in year 8 ooppps.

bought lewis some more bonds easysuits today from big w. i'm so addicted to buying him clothes. i went to the gym and got weighed and my weight is exactly the same. i'm so disappointed! i've been eating salads and walking 5kms all for nothing!!!!
    i'm really shattered about heath ledger. lewis was close to being called matilda if he was a girl out of my obsession with heath! unfortunately matilda goes really badly with dp's surname so we decided not to go with it...oh, and the small matter of him coming out a boy! lol

lol just finished some microwave popcorn for dinner coz i am lazy n dnt have many points left haha did u know a packet of lite microwave popcorn is only 1.5 points?? i didnt untill now lol..
    Ashas been pretty good today shes snoozing on the lounge atm on and off (dp is with her).. she had her fave dinner or rice cereal and banana and was a bit upset when it was finished actually lol...
    gracie -i feel ur pain i tried really hard this week n put on .1 they told me to wait till next wk coz the excersise n stuff might catch up but i am a bit sceptical.. im a pretty big heath fan too its weird hearing bout it..
    haley-our place looks like a bomb hit it too!! i worry with body combat i will look like too mich pf an unco weirdo lol its bad enough with step i nearly fell off a few times lol
    arte- hope ws toothy stops bothering him n he can get some sleep.. hope you get what u want for the house
    cally - ashas always grumpier at night think its a tired thing.. hope it gets better for u
    md - glad h is looking forward to the salad i had it today lol i make the full amount n seperate it into serves (4) so it was the last of it lol.. yeah i know .1 is only a tiny bit the ww lady told me not to worry about it too but the reason i was so upset this time is because i was only .6 off my goal weight i would have finally been in my healthy weight range and now i am .7 off it instead frustrating stuff!! anyway i joined unlimited today and the internet stuff is really helpful so hopefully that will help.. as well as when i did the quiz for how many points i should have it said 19 must be due to weight loss coz i was between 20 - 22 before so hopefully that will help too though thats pretty hard!!
    cally - gl with the childcare

Noni - Body combat is fine once you get the hang of it. The first few times you go you feel a bit unco, but its the same routine every time so it doesnt take long to pick up. You slowly move from the back of the class to the front lol.

Oh my goodness me, Maddie is almost 4 months old! Where has the time gone?

Hayley, just the name is scary - "combat" I don't want to fight anything let alone my own thighs LOL!

Noni, the salad was a hit - I think I cooked the toms too long, they kind of went sloppy, but it was yum anyway - DD didn't even mention the lentils LOL. I put a boiled egg in each plate too. I'm sure you will get to your goal soon!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast