Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #18

Hi Girls,

Noni- Thats wonderful news congratulations. I put on 1.5 last week so I was very upset.

Re MUM- She was up crying all night. I told her that its not her fault and that if anything was to happen I was glad it was at her house cause I am not good at all in situations like that. Poor love I will have to buy her some flowers this arvo.

Re: Ambulance- X was asking this morning if he was going in another ambulance today and I told him no way I dont think Granny could handle it, hey come to think of it I could not handle it.
    X is feeling much better today.
    Renee- Congrats on your voucher

Thanks for all your well wishes.

leanne - your poor mum. send her some cuddles from this direction too.
    cally - i have been using infants friend for the past couple of days. sometimes it helps with the spewing, but isn't settling her tum enough so that she doesn't wake with a pain.
    arte - thanks i have tried eliminating certain foods, but it still doesn't seem to help. I'm wondering whether i can pass on a gluten intolerance? think i may have one but not sure. I might have to look into it further. I just hate the thought that i'm making my little girl uncomfortable. Maybe i should try cutting out sugar totally as well. Bye, bye WW treats lol.

Madeline did so well today with her needles. It was nothing like last time, she had a little cry for about a minute then she was over it. Just keeping an eye on her now though as you do after immunisations. And it is excema Sherie, its only very mild though. The doctor said I'll give you something for it, and she forgot and so did I. It was only when I was driving home that I remembered. What do I need to do for it? Can it spread if not treated? Is it a serious problem? I notice that it kind of dissapears for a day or so then flares up again. I'll try the sorbolene cream. We use whatever washing powder is on special at coles that week lol guess we're going to be stopping that! And it has been there for probably two months now, I feel so bad, I thought it was a milk rash until it started going dry and flaky.

Renee - Oh yay $75.00 is a decent chunk of the food shopping! Woo hoo! 70 oh please, you are fine hehe

Noni - Thats an excellent loss, well done!

Leemar - Oh no poor granny, I would feel terrible as well. Accidents happen though, especially with kids.

Hayley - I heard that QV wash is good for bubs with excema

I have heard that too Renee, but I'm so dissapointed as we have a really good bed time routine going with Maddie now and it took alot of hard work to get to this point. She has a bath every night with Johnsons bedtime bath. Well now I dont know if I should be washing her that often and I probably shouldnt be using johnsons.

hello hello
    well tmw is the day of the big scary plane monster haha.. i am not actually as nervous as i was, though thatmight change tonight and tmw lol i am pretty excited about finally seeing my friend and her lil son i am actually a bit upset it cant be for longer...
    i did a pump class on tues any my arms are still hurting and i only used the light weights haha i feel so lame hahaha oh well..
    gotta go up the street soon to get a last few things to pack away, formula is a big one!! i mean i want to take it all pre measured out as the can is so big and might spill but those formula containers are expensive if you need lots of them!!
    bit worried about ww while i am over there lol see how i go with that one...
    dp and i have still been fighting, hes so frustrating he comes home and straight away starts picking yesterday it was why did u take the clothes off the line and leave them on the lounge instead of putting them in the bedroom.. hello i was busy!! oh they just dont get it do they? then i made some joke and he just sooked the whole night we are still not on good terms sometimes he just makes me wanna kick him out and do this all alone!!!
    haley - sorry about the exema, i dnt know much about it sorry hope you get it all under conroll.
    thanks for all the congrats aboutthe weight loss
    leanne - i am in a funny pattern with the wight thing atm i put on .4 then lost 1.5 then put on .1 then lost 1.3 by that pattern i am due to put on next week and well i am going on holiday lol
    ok loveleies better go and get ready to walk up the shops or i will never go!!!

Morning

Noni GL for tomorrow, the plane ride will be over before you know it and you will get to see your friend and her gorgeous little boy. Well doen on reaching your goal weight!!

Leanne poor X and your poor mum, must have been so scary for you all.

Hayley give the QV a go, dont change your routine just the products you use and see how it goes.

Renee woo hoo for the voucher.

Sherie thats so cute A sticking out his tongue.

Hi to everyone else.

Hello everyone!

Hayley, you could try using either the QV wash in the bath or QV kids balm for after the bath. Alpha Keri Oil is good in the bath too. You could get an over the counter cortisone cream to use in the meantime. Eczema is one of those tricky things were treatment is really individual - what works for one wont for another. I also use Amolin sensitive liquid to wash his clothes in too. ATM his is a bit redder than normal because of the weather we're having, but not too bad. As for whether it can spread, it can, but usually at its worse. Main areas are elbows, behind the knees and torso. Luckily most kids will grow out of it, but it can be an early warning sign to watch out for allergies as they grow. I have hayfever myself so that in itself can be a reason for him to have eczema too.

Noni, I can see why your DP would be acting like a child - he's lost his job and probably is suffering from a huge self confidence problem and worrying about how he is going to provide for you, but that gives him no right to take it out on you by nit picking over what is and isn't done. Tell him you aren't going to put up with it, that you are doing the best you can. If he's not working still then he can help you with it instead of complaining about it. You are doing a great job under the circumstances hun.

Hello to everyone else - about to leave to pick the kids up from school so I will be back later.

Hi there! I've tried to catch up but gee it's hard if you miss a day or two!!

Just thought I'd tell you quick story: Mackenzie been very grizzly last week, waking 3-4 times a night, hard to settle etc. etc. not terrbile but not as good as she had been. Anyway had 3 hrs off this morning to go to hairdresser while DH looked after her. Left a bottle with expressed milk. get home - he hasn't given her the milk - WHY? because she was happy to go back to sleep for 2 hrs with NO crying!!! HOW DOES THAT WORK FOR HIM!!!! I' m happy, don't get me wrong but gee, I put the hard yards in everyday and ngiht and he gets bliss!!LOL

Oh well - that's life - I still have a happy gorgeous girl!

sherie - hes been doing a few temp days here and there so he was at work one day hes helping me out the next day he expects everything done when he gets home i think thats making it harder coz it dosnt give me any chance to get into the groove of things and get a system happening iykwim? you made a good point about why hes acting like that though.. he dosnt get it when i put my foot down he just turns it around on me its hard...

Hi Girls,

X is doing great. Me on the other hand looks like a raggered cow. I need some mumma time so I have arranged for a girls night out ( Just a few girlfriends going out for dinner) and am looking forward to it.
    Noni- Have a great flight.
    Jordie- I totally know what you are talking about. I hope you enjoyed your Mumma time at the hairdressers.

Hello to everyone and sweet dreams I am off to put another load in the washing machine.

Love to all

Noni, sucks when every little thing turns into an argument. My DH also does the 'did you hang out the washing/vacuum the floor today' picking thing when he gets home even though he can see that I obviously haven't done it. Heaven forbid I take my bit of baby free time and do something just for me - like have lunch! His new favourite which he thinks is funny and I find annoying as all hell is when I get home from grocery shopping (and carried it in and put it away) to ask W what mummy spent all HIS money on Grrrrr. Have a great plane trip, hope you have lots of fun with your friend and her bub.

Jaz, MD, Sherie, LP, hope all the first days went well.

Leanne, enjoy your girls night out.

Should I be worried that W doesn't make any effort to lift up using his arms when he is having tummy time? He is pushing up with his legs but he flaps his arms out to the side and won't use them to prop himself up at all. Is that normal at this age?

Mum couldn't hold her tongue any longer today. I was telling her that W is back to waking 3-4 times a night and she said it was 'because he has us trained to come running whenever he makes a peep' lol. She has done very well to keep her opinions to herself so far, she was 16 when I was born and everyone gave her their two cents worth so she tries not to give out any advice, but she couldn't resist with the 'leave him to cry three times and then he will learn'. She means well.

howdi chics
    well life is certainly busy, i have finally gotten back on here after what seems months. all is going well, hope you are all doing fine, it seems you are from the little bits n pieces i have read. t is doing so well, she is in th 97th percentile of weight and i'm still b/feeding. t is gorgeous, i love her to bits, i love being a mum and will continue to jump on here when i can. am still meeting up with my mother's group and have started walking with them too. still need to loose 10kgs but going to do something about it after i finish b/feeding, as I'm scared that if i cut out or reduce my intake of dairy it could be detrimental. any views i would be greatly appreciative to hear.

well lovely ladies, cheeeoww for nooowwww!!!!!!

hey fianne - just saw your msg. yeah it was me. i'm pretty sure it will be about the 2nd or 3rd episode in this new season. mind you i have not seen any advertising for mcleods yet, have you? it did get axed - but i have heard they will be showing the finally season.

hi supablondie- good to hear from you!
    t sounds a lot like lewis- he is usually around the 97th percentile or above it, oh and i still need to lose about 8kgs!
    have a lovely day today ladies, i'm off to the hairdressers- taking my little ratbag with me. should be fun. not!

SOS have a very attention demanding child. grizzles and cries until she sees me, then she coos. if i don't talk back to her, she starts grizzling again. could this be because she's hungry? also, absolutely EVERYTHING goes into the mouth. this is worrying me because of the b/feeding thing.

Fianne, sounds normal to me. W squeals and grumps if he is not getting attention and he always has something in his mouth. He got a new toy - a crab with googley eyes - and he grizzled until I looked at him then he went quiet and put the eye in his mouth. I think he just wanted to show me something new he could do lol

How is the BF going?

Fianne how is the breast feeding going? I am sure she would let you know if she is hungry. Perhaps its a growth spurt/wonder week?? Logan was quite demanding of my attention last week, he would do the same as Max and would only settle for me. Hopefully it is just a faze.

Gracie lucky you getting to the hairdressers, I haven't been in months.

Supa sounds like T is doing great.....sound slike your doing a wonderful job and enjoying every minute of it.

Arte I wouldnt be to worried about Will not lifting up with his arms. They all do things at different times. Logan still isnt rolling and i was worried until my girlfriend came down over the weekend. Her 7 month old has just started rolling and sitting up.

Leanne I hope you enjoy your girls night out...sounds fantastic. You have had so much to deal with lately but your doing a fantatsic job.

Sherie and Jaz how did the kids go with school?

Noni I hope your safely in Melb and the plane ride wasnt to bad for you.

Logan has decided over the last 3 days to wake up for a feed around 2am, its not a bad thing but I was starting to really enjoy him sleeping through till 5am. Better go sound slike Logan would like to play.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast