Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #18

cally i was thinking about you - the onslaught of canberrans must be pretty annoying!
    where abouts are you? we were in merimbula this time - have not been there for yrs - gorgeous and perfect with the outlaws as lots of stuff to do etc. DH and i spent a lot of the time it tathra which i just love. i got so burnt from 2 hrs on the beach - i think living in europe the last few yrs has made me forget how hot our sun is.

Its been so quiet in here lately, I have been able to keep up!

Renee - I agree working one day is a pain! Thats why I do two days, even though it doesnt make much of a difference I guess. Ohhh settlements....why oh why!? I have spent the whole day on the phone (as you do in a settlements office) talking to horrible mean clients and calling banks. Mind you, I used to work at Vicki Philipoff and it was TEN times worse, what a stressful office that was and now I know why they are so disliked within the industry lol. How is Rory going today with his teeth? Has he been sleeping ok for you?

Noni - I'm not going to bother with recoping the public holiday child care charge, but thanks for the tip. Maybe if I had known that earlier I would have organised to work on Wednesday and see if she could have been in for that one day. Nevermind, they seem to be a very busy centre so I highly doubt they would have a spot anyway, I only just managed to get her in for Mon & Tues. Thanks anyway I will remember for next time. is infants friend a natural one?

Pregpan - Are you going back to work too? Its very hard leaving them, it takes awhile to get used to it. Even now I get the guilts when I drop Maddie at child care but I think it will always be that way. It does get easier though iykwim. You will probably have a little cry the first few times though hehe.

Jazmum - I know the feeling of getting angry with bub and then getting the guilts. I'm sure every mum has this every now and then.

Cally - School hols have gone so fast, doesnt seem like that long ago that you were excited about your DH finishing up for the year.

Katie - Did you manage to get through the house work today? Its nice that your DH had an rdo, extra bonding time, which I think is very important seeing as most hubby's are working full time. I know my DP sometimes feels a bit left out as he is always at work and does long hrs. Just makes those weekends and days off extra special.

How did all the kids go at their first day back today? I was doing 40kms through the school areas, but I dont think WA went back today??

Oh no miss Maddie moo is getting her 4 mth needles tomorrow. I just hope she isnt too upset esp seeing as she has a tooth coming through. Is it unfair of me to get her needles tomorrow when her teeth are giving her troubles? I'm going to ask the doc tomorrow if its ok to do them. Also I think Maddie has a bit of excema (spelling?) on her face, Sherie how do you know? Its very dry skin and reddish, and flares up every few days? So I want to get that looked at.

Hayley - i hope Maddie goes ok tomorrow with the needles. Unless she has a temperature and is unwell, i would go ahead. The thing with teething, is it can make them miserable for quite a while.
    I look at Hannah asleep, and feel terrible for getting cranky. (it was just a brief moment of 'Hannah Rose - go to sleep please") it didn't help that her nails were really long and she was scratching my face lol.
    my big girl goes to grade one tomorrow - just shed a tear - am going to miss her Z goes to kindy on Thursday, and that's going to be even harder. Her first day away from me (other than being babysat by grandparents)
    hope everyone has a good night sleep.

Pregpan - we're a couple of hours north of Merimbula, between Batemans Bay and Moruya. There's a great nursery at Tathra, I had a good wander around when DH was playing footy there. There are lots of people down, but it's not too bad - we have fun goping for walks and watching the tourists wandering the streets trying to get mobile reception!!

Jazmum - oh, hope J has a good day today and Z tomorrow, I'm sure you won't be the only mum crying in the carpark!

Good night here for sleeping. She went down about 8:30 and we didn't feed to sleep and I didn't have to go back in to her. Then only one wake up, then started the day at 7:15. I was surprised she slept so well, it was 26 in her room all night. It was so humid, we had everything open but the house just didn't cool down.

Hayley - hope the needles go well today.

Hi Lovley Ladies,

Well so much to catch up on and I am still trying to get though it all.

Well Since last tuesday I have have had all 3 babies sick with temps and spewing also had DH sick. All are well now except yesterday Xavier cut the top off his middle finger on mums exercise bike and had to get rushed to hospital by ambulance. I made it to mums before the ambos got there (thank god for a V8) and had my first ever trip to the hospital in an ambulance. I was so scared for him but as soon as we were in the ambulance he calmed down and was very good considering. The Drs just stuck it down with sterie strips and told me that he was luck because he is so young it will all grow back together with out any ops to be done. Well that God for that. They have assured me that he will be perfectly fine. I took him to my GP today to get his wound dressed again and they are going to leave it until Monday when It will be mostly healed and they can soak off the bandage and put a new one on. Then on Tuesday he goes in for his op on gromets... Being a Mummy is certainly an adventure. I just hope everyone sleeps in there own bed tonight as I am just starving for some sleep.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

OMG Leanne - you poor thing!!! Poor little Xavier - what a horrible experience. Thank goodness they didn't have to operate. How is your mum? I bet it gave her a fright. Is he talking about his trip in the ambulance? I hope you have a good nights sleep too.
    Well Jess started grade one today. I did very well - shed a little tear when she had her uniform on, and that was it. One of her good friends is in her class, so she was all excited. I think having her own desk to sit at was incredibley exciting for her.
    Hannah is still so unsettled at night. I don't think my breast milk agrees with her. She still spewing quite a bit, and is grunting trying to get fluffs out. She's waking in the night with a pain in her belly. I don't know what to do.
    best go and tidy the house. catch you all later.
    eta - Cally that is great that Katie is sleeping so well for you.

Morning everyone!!

I was just wondering what you rmorning routines were? Ive been really slack lately and buming around in my PJs all morning, eat breakfast at lunch and watching TV, I really need to get motivated because it gets depressing sitting in your PJS!

Awwww no Leanne! I hope Xavier is okay, poor darling. Gosh you have been kept on yourtoes havent you!! I hope evcerything calms down and your Jordan, Olivia & Xavier are right as rain soon xoxox Take it easy

Hayley - No teeth coming through yet but instead of sleeping his normal 8:00pm - 7:00am he woke up 4 times for his dummy last night arghhhh!

Oh my goodness Leemar, that sounds horrible! Poor Xavier. Far out that must have hurt like hell. Thats good that it will grow back though. A little story to tell him when he's older! Sounds like you've had a hectic week with sickness, I hope they are all on the mend now and you can catch up on some sleep.

Cally - How does your DH find teaching high school aged kids? I'm starting uni shortly studying home economics teaching for secondary kids. Am I doing the wrong thing lol!

Jazmum - I agree, you wouldnt have been the only one crying. A current affair or today tonight, one of those shows, did a story on easing kids into school last week and it showed all the parents crying. They say try to hold your tears back in front of the kids, but let loose in your car lol. That will be me for sure!!!

Renee - Haha I do the same every now and then. Thats the good thing about working though, at least two days a week I am up, dressed and organised. I'm dressed and ready to go at the moment, just waiting for Maddie to wake from her morning nap which should be very shortly now.

We are off to get needles now...scary scary!

Hayley - i hope Maddie goes ok

well back from ww and i am oficially in the healthy weight range woohoooo!! i lost 1.3kgs which puts me at 61.4!!!!! i am sooo happy i even got my lil ww goal weight award thingo so now on to the 10% which will put me at 60
    haley - pretty sure infants friend is a natural one
    leanne -omg you poor thing what a scare!!! hope hes ok now!!!

noni - that's fantastic news. Congratulations!!! I've been trying to follow the weight watchers points system, and so far going ok. I don't weigh myself though - i go by how my clothes fit me. Have found some yummy WW chocolate cake bars with Caramel. mmmmmmmmm. Having trouble just eating one though, so may need to stop buying them lol

thats what i am doing following points i have the same trouble with the ww snacks lol

Noni - Woohoo on your weight goal. Congrats, I know it has been hard for you but you must be so proud of yourself now

Leanne - Poor X. That must have been horrible for you (and him). Hope he is feeling better now.

JaZmum. I should really thank you, I have had a fantastic time with W and I think it could have been very different if not for a comment you made about sugar upsetting BF bubs tummies. I don't know how long I would have had a crying, spewy, upset clingy bub before I worked out what was causing it. As it was your well timed comment meant that we only had one bad weekend then a couple of other times when I have thought 'a little more won't make a difference' but it does. As long as I lay off the sugar (luckily ice cream seems o.k) he is a happy little bub.
    Is there anything that you are eating that is upsetting H's tummy or is a constant thing? Do you think she could be lactose intolerant? Hope you can figure it out.

Haley, good luck with the vaccinations

No swimming for us today, got 5 minutes down the road and it started pouring down. I ended up spending 40 minutes standing in someones carport lol

Hi Everyone!

Busy busy day yesterday. We all went out for they day as a spur of the moment thing. We had a great day out.

Lindsay is back at school today and Erin tomorrow.

Other than that, not much else is going on. Alister is great - he's started poking his tounge out at us all the time LOL. We ask him where is his "licky tounge" and he pokes it out - it's just the cutest thing. We have his needles on Monday too. At this stage we wont be getting the Rota Virus done though, but I will have a chat to the Dr about it.

Hayley, Alisters skin looked just like you described Maddie's. This is the first time its showed up? have you changed your washing powder or anything like that? Sometimes they can be triggered by certain perfumes/chemicals etc. Get a good sorbolene or a tub of aqueous cream from the chemist to stop it getting too dry and see how it goes. I hope her needles go well.

Leanne, how is the poor little fella today? I bet you and your mum were more in shock than he was. *hugs* for you too

Pregpan, Hi there you!

Noni, that's great on the weight loss, well done.

Renee, through the holidays we dont have much of a routine really. I get up when either Alister or the other kids get up - which ever one wakes first LOL. then get them brekkie or a bottle (or visa versa), then get dressed and then just start doing the usual around the house. Alister goes down for his first sleep at about 8.30-9am and sleeps for 45mins/1hr or so and wakes for his next feed and it just continues on from there. I just do the housework around him feeding and sleeping. Now schools back though I just start the day earlier.

Hi Jaz, how is Hannah today? The WW snacks are yummy arent' they? I like the ginger kisses.

Hi to everyone else!

CONGRATULATIONS NONI!! You should be so proud of yourself!

Im 70kg at the moment and I need to get back to 62kg which was my weight before I fell pg but I would love to get down to 60kg. At the moment I cant gte rid of any weight though. I am walking every day, doing my fitball workout and ive stopped eating fastfood but nothing. Its getting me down Do you think im doing enough??

My little whoohooo for the day: Over Christmas I spent over a certain amount at Coles so flybuys sent me a $75 coles voucher! YAY im so excited!!
    Last edited by reneenay; January 30th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Renee, I am having trouble losing the weight too. I have been walking and have been careful with what I eat but in two months I have only managed to lose 1kg. It is a huge downer. I am 75kg now, need to get down to 66kg to be in the healthy weight range but would like to get to 60kg too. I have a wedding to go to in early April and I really want to lose at least a few more kg by then so all DH friends don't see me fat.

have u guys considered ww?? points plan is really good really helps with what u need to do to get what u want

Well today is 'short nap day'. She's had 4 already, will hopefully fit another one in before bed.

Jaz - Last night was good, but I think it might have been a one off. Have you tried Infants Friend to settle H?

Noni - well done on the weight loss. 60kg is my goal too, am at 62, but waiting until finished bfeeding before I try really hard to lose it.

Renee - yay for the voucher!! Sometimes I am still in my PJ's at lunch time - mainly depends on if I have gone back to bed after the first playtime of the day.

Leanne - poor X, hope he is feeling better today.

Hayley - DH likes the older kids, he always said that the little ones (primary) freaked him out.

Sherie - are you looking forward to tomorrow with just the three of you home? That is cute about the tongue, K has started rubbing the soles of her feet together constantly.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast