Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #19

Hi everyone - back from our little trip to Canberra. Had a lovely baby shower for my sister, she got some gorgeous pressies. We gave her a bebepod and some of the other mums got me to write down the details, they'd never seen anything like it!!

Miss K had a couple of bad nights (up 3 times) when we first arrived, but in the last week she has had a few 7 and 8 hour sleeps, so I'm hoping she is about to turn the corner on the whole night time sleeping thing. Still really difficult to get her to sleep though. I've introduced a little toy for bedtime so when I put her down she has a little play and then falls asleep. Seems to work really well, Dad accidentally woke her up the other day and I just put the toy on her chest and she went back to sleep in a few minutes.

I did a little bit of shopping and I think K has most of her clothes for winter already. It's so much fun shopping for her, I could have gone crazy!

Noni - glad you had a good trip away.

MD - lucky you getting Haighs!!

Pregpan - glad that N is rolling, still no sign of it here.

Leanne - hope that you and X got through yesterday OK

Cally, quick, buy a second and third backup toy exactly the same! That way you can rotate them through (cleanliness) and it's not a disaster if one gets lost! Good to hear your sis had a lovely shower! Are you a very excited nearly-auntie yet?

Noni well the Haighs are like the ultimate weight loss choccies, they are sooo good you're completely satisfied after one or two! Wow what amazing will power you showed walking right on past the window!

MD - We've just been using a little elephant that we already had 2 of, but I know exactly where in DJ's Civic I can get more!!

Cally - good news that she is sleeping a little better for you... the toy sounds like a good plan. I need to get something comforting for Noah, esp now childcare is starting so he has somethinh familia with him...
    glad u had fun in canberra... and that your sis had a good shower - when is she due?
    went backto the chilcare centre today just to check logistics, drop in forms etc before he starts tomorrow... the carers in his room seem lovely so i hope it goes well. have just spent a few hrs labelling all the bottles for the EBM (man i have been pumping like a real moo cow) and his clothes etc. i wont get him to do a full day tomorrow but it is still nerve wracking. i guess he has gone to the creche at gym for ages now and is ok w it - but it is only an hour w me in the centre!
    No I am not joking - I have Noah down at 2 schools in melb for kindy and up and even on another list for another school JIC for high school. Madness how early you have to get them on lists at some schools!!! if we end up here (which we WONT) he has priority to go to the school i went to so that will be OK.
    When i was filling in the child care forms today i realised how i dont have a routine for Noah at all during the day - is this bad???

Pregpan we'll be thinking of you both tomorrow! Sounds like the expressing's going really well, reminds me I must dust of the breast pump sometime soon to work up a stockpile! Wow I still can't get over the waiting list though, but that also reminds me I need to get on some waiting lists for FDC soon, too! I don't have a routine, either, it's only bad if it interferes with your ability to get things done that you want to get done!

no it doesnt bother me at home w no routine but i wonder how this will work at child care??? oh wel ltime will tell

Pregpan, no routine here either. That is madness about the schools, I thought you rocked up with a 5 year old and filled out a couple of forms lol.

Katie, I am so envious of the cuddles and kisses, can't wait for W to do that

Cally, hope K's sleeping keeps improving

JaZmum, haven't heard from you for a while, hope everything is going well with school

Our last swimming lesson today and W was really good. The last couple have been mini disasters so I was happy.

I have cheered myself up with the old standby - Milky Bar lol I am sure there will be more tears as this house is full of pregnancy and baby memories and it will be sad to leave it (plus I am a cry baby at the best of times).

I would still love to do a Brisbane meet up but I won't have time now. I sold my car last night so I am a bit stranded now too.

W has a big red patch on his head after a collision with my nose. He gets a very feral look, opens his mouth and swoops to try to chew on my nose but missed and whacked himself in the head.

ditto, no routine here either. that's the last thing on my mind. still overcomeing feeding and settling issues. the only routine we've got going is getting goodbye kisses from mr woodles when we get off the change mat. )
    yoohooo lp, where are you?!?!?!

Bugger... I was in the city today too MD - I wish I'd checked the thread earlier and I could've gone and waved! (And showed him EXACTLY where teh Haighs shops are ROFL!)

Queenie, I bet there's a well worn path btwn your workplace and the nearest Haighs...?! Well my large box of assorted creams has arrived and true to Haighs form I have opened them and sniffed them and looked at the guide to see what sort they are and then put them back in the cupboard...to be savoured later! LOL

Fianne...ummm, who's Mr Woodles?

Arte I forgot to ask, did you sell your house yet, happy with the price???

Well Miss E was beautifully behaved when I went out and about today, got some beading elastic to make a BFing bracelet - I keep forgetting what side I'm up to and I think that's why I'm getting mastitis, feeding too often from one BB and it suddenly gets engorged (!) I've got some nice moonstone, rose quartz and peachy coloured pearls which will go nicely. Let's see if it works!

I saw Agnes has been online lately, wonder how she's getting on?

md, mr woodles is one of max's toys....previous thread somewhere we talked of bub's toys names

Hello Ladies hope you all had a lovely day. Me on the other hand...I had a shocker. First we went to a babes in arm movie session with a mum's group I have been to a few times. The movie was great (Juno) but afterwards when we were having coffee, no kidding two of the ladies laid into me about putting Maddie into childcare to return to work. I felt SO humiliated and upset. I literally got home and walked through the front door and burst into tears. All day I have been feeling like a terrible mum, I came so close to handing in my resignation today for work and cancelling childcare. Then on top of that, our Real Estate Agent tried to rip us off an extra $2500 with his commission. I had a big argument with him, which is so unlike me I am not a confronting person, but I was fuming to say the least. I have explained the whole story in the boo hoo section if anyone is interested. Something good happened as well though lol, a lady at DP's work passed on a baby bjorn carrier and a bright starts activity center to us as her bub is almost 2 and has outgrown them. Isnt that nice!!

Anyway enough about me and my horrible day lol.

Pregpan - Good luck tomorrow, no doubt you will shed a few tears, but Noah will be fine. He will love it. The carers are well trained and they genuinely love babies/kids, otherwise they wouldnt be working in a child care centre. Maddie gets cuddled all day, some of the girls from the other rooms come in to give her cuddles throughout the day. I'm sure it will be the same with Noah! Good idea starting him off on half days too.

Marydean - Wow you are creative, making a BFing bracelet. Have you seen the necklaces that you can get as well, they are more for the bub though, apparently they play with them while feeding. How cute!

Arte - Lol it was like that when we went to school, I remember mum filling out forms on the day that school started. So many things to think of with children!

Cally - How long till your sis pops and does she know what she is having?

Sherie - Yep two days, it is very very hard leaving Maddie. I think thats why I got so upset about the comments that the ladies made today at mums group, its like they think I have no heart. I love Maddie to pieces and in a perfect world I'd never leave her. I'm only working to help out with our mortgage. You have to do what you have to do and I think the mums in the group today, being 30+, forget that they all bought their houses years ago when I was still in high school. We have only just started out and have had to spend double what they have. Anyway enough of my ranting, very emotional today lol.

I am beginning to think LP's computer has blown up or something, very unlike her to be away for so long! I hope thats all it is.

Sorry for everyone that I have missed, I think I need to go to bed hehe.

Hayley, *hugs* on your terrible day, I saw your other post, it's not like you wouldn't notice $2500 now is it, what was he thinking? And I've just got to say I'm shocked that the other mums criticised your decisions, that's just NOT FAIR - we're all doing our best! Hows about a bit of solidarity, ladies. You are a wonderful mum to Maddie and it takes a village to raise a child and sometimes part of that village is a child care centre or FDC - and if there's one thing that's true for the current generation of women - we are between a rock and a hard place with the competing needs for finances vs our hearts desire with our kids. It's no longer possible to live comfortably on one average wage. That's a fact that we all live with and just because some ppl are older or more financially secure or less inclined to pursue their own career doesn't give them the right to judge someone else in a different situation! /rant

Yep I bought some thread to rethread some of my beads for necklaces as well, not sure how that will go as I'm a chronic bead-breaker! I have lots of interesting bits in my bead box, I'm like a magpie that's attracted to shiny bits of glass and I have a fetish gemstone bits as well! It's like unlocking pandora's box getting it all out again, I'll be fiddling for days!

Fianne, yep sort of remember Mr Woodles, what type of creature is he again?

BTW Baby SALE at Target starts tmrw ladies!!

I miss my friend waaaaaaaaaa
    haley - poo to them!! mothers groups are supposed to be about support not sledging eachother for the way we raise our children!! your doing a great job with Maddie and if they had half a brain theyd realise you are doing whats best for Maddie by keeping yourself financially secure and paying things off rather then getting in a hole of debt and stress for your family!!! makes me so mad when ppl just critisise others for their choices!! if you dnt have anything nice to say!! well u know how it goes!!

Haley, sorry your day was so crap. Good on you for sorting out your real estate agent. I hate dealing with them. It is awful that those ladies had a go at you for going back to work. I don't know the statistics but a lot of women go back to work after bub, and many a lot sooner than you too. They have no right to comment on what you do. Maybe give them the flick and organise something with the younger mums group you went too? Sounds like Maddie is doing well at daycare, don't let them get to you. You are a great mum.

MD, house is still on the market. I am getting a bit worried because we won't be able to have it sitting here empty for too long.

Leanne, hope that X's op went well, bet he is back at home lapping up all the extra attention

Since my disaster at the vets yesterday I realised that trip was the longest I have ever been away from Will. I was gone for 1.5 hours and DH managed to keep him occupied the whole time.

ETA Noni, it is so hard to see your good friends for only a short time and then leave again. I only have one good friend here, but I will have to say good bye soon.

hi everyone sob sob sob Noah is at childcare today.... I am sure he is fine and the carers are lovely (I went in yest to meet them all and spent about 30 mins there feeding him this morning too before I had to go..) but i am a bit of a mess thinking about it. Poor you Hayley, I hear you and I cant believe those women had a go at you. well i can believe it as i get comments all the time as I discuss what i should do re work. it is a hard decision for all of us to make and i think it is important we all support each other in whatever decisions we make. it really gets to me, and hits a nerve this issue - i mean imagine if we criticised a woman for staying at home??? not that i would of course, i support any decision but it bugs me when ppl are critical of my choice to go back to work. i have had comments like 'you are leaving the raising of your child to strangers' or 'why did you have a child to leave him in day care' or 'it just isnt the mother i want to be'... nice hey. it doesnt help that soon i will be back at work and travelling a lot - i have learnt to try and block out the judgement - we all make choices that are right for us and our families. i am a career driven person, that a fact - it is important to me. Noah is the most important thing to me, but man we are in a difficult position trying to 'have it all'... rant over but bog hugs honey i know exactly how you feel. i have actually not told a lot of people he is in care yet - i will let them find out when they find out (though wont really be able to hide it when it goes up to more days i guess LOL)
    Leanne - hope the op went well. how is xavier?
    ooooh yum Haighs!!! i am on a major diet so none for me!

Oh Hayley hun, as if it isn't hard enough as it is without having the hear that crap from those nasty cows, you would be so much better off not meeting up with them again because everytime you see them you wont be able to forget what they said. We do what we have to do and you're doing the right thing (even if its not the easiest) so that Maddy has a home to grow up in. And poo to the estate agent too, what a hide he has!

Marydean, I do the exact same thing with a box of choccies - and if anyone wants one I make them have the ones I'm not keen on LOL. I'm very proud of your restraint too Post a pic of you braclet when you finish it.

Pregpan, how are the boobies with Noah away? I think often that other mums comment about mums going back to work because they are a wee bit jealous. You are getting to keep some of the 'pre-baby days' you by going back to work, getting out of the house and having a life kwim? Not that it's always a choice to go back, but that's why I think some are so bitter about it. I would have thought that not having a routine would matter so much because if they have 5 babies, they aren't all going to be doing the same thing at the same time anyway, so they would just have to work to their needs anyway.

Hi Noni, how's your DP going? Does he have any jobs or interviews lined up? Did you get to do much down in Melb?

Fianne, what type of toy is Mr Woodles?

Arte, I know what you mean about having sentimental feelings about your house, I'm the same. Think of all the new memories that you'll make in your new house though - Will crawling, then walking and talking - so much is in store!

Not much happening here. It is so cold though, Im' really glad I brought a few warm things for Alister because this weather might be here another few days yet so now I'll have enough to get through without washing them overnight.

hi ladies! hope everyone's everyone's having a good morning. i know pregpan must be struggling....i would be.
    hayley, poo poo to those ladies who criticize you for going back to work. they're probably the same type who'd say something to FF mums too.
    md and sherie, mr woodles is a stuffed giraffe. about 6 inches high. max used to often throw a tanty when i put her on the change mat and i used mr woodles to distract her. now it's a routine for mr woodles to sit on her face when i first put her down, she then plays with him, and then i take him from her and give her kisses from him all over her face.
    hope lp's okay. watching the news and all the places all over qld that's water bogged. heard on the news that there were suburbs around brisbane with power outages due to the storms. maybe she's isolated again.
    hi to everyone else. sorry if i've missed anything.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast