Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #20

Oh no sounds like alot of us are sleep deprived at the moment. Hope they all give you girls a decent sleep tonight. Cally your DH sounds wonderful, what a lovely hubby.

Katie - Yay another one with Facebook! What is your email address (PM me if you like) and I will add you.

Sherie - Ohhh vasectomy day!!! Poor poor DH. Sounds horrible! Guess there wont be any valentines day loving in your house tonight On another note, does that mean Alisters suspected eczema isnt as bad as you thought? If so excellent news! I had Maddie's under control, but DP bathed her one night last week and used Johnsons. I was hoping we'd get away with it, but the next morning there it was very red and irritated. At least we know now what is causing it to flare up.

I took Madeline to the CHN today to check her tummy time progress and her flat head. I had noticed that both things had improved very well. The CHN was very happy and I dont need to take Maddie to the physio for her flat head. I just need to keep up the tummy time and try and keep her off her back as much as possible. Very happy about it all, such a relief. I such a stress head, any little issue to do with Maddie that pops up I freak out lol.

Noni & Katie - You can add a friend on facebook simply by searching their name, or if you have their email.

A really quick one from me

Just came back from the babies reading session at the library. He loves it and keeps wanting to touch the book. Then when I put him in the stroller, within a couple of minutes he went straight to sleep. Oh I am so happy now. He is not self settled yet, so I am hoping this is a good sign. Finger crossed he keeps it up.

Makes me wonder, maybe I need to add bedtime stories to our routines? How do I do it though? Is this a good time to start, i mean at this age?

BBL later for personals, he is crying and I havent read the posts.

Oh and Happy Valentines day everyone

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

Sorry I cut it short - phone rang (always the way LOL). We just have to continue with what I was already doing for Alister as the Dr was happy with that. he gave me another script for the stuff I was already using (which is apparently alright after all as it turns out, just not as often as was originally prescribed) and some other, heavier cream which will apparently work better when it's cooler and he's covered up with long clothes etc as it will absorb really well that way. As for solids, he isn't concerned about allergies but he said obviously if his skin gets worse afterwards then it would indicate a problem, so that's a good thing to know so I don't have to worry as much about introducing solids. Last night I started putting cream on again and his skin looks so much better already.

I spent a heap of money on clothes for him yesterday too - couldn't help myself. The Sprout range at Myer is just gorgeous so boy am I glad he wasn't a girl or I would have spent twice as much LOL. I also got this funky little pair of Jack&Milly jeans for him and he looks so cute. Most of the stuff I got was 0, and the bonds stuff I got was a 1 in the jumpsuits, not the easysuits, but the other ones in the same fabric and the stripes with no feet. he is comfortable in a 0, but when he's in bed the legs ride up, so a 1 has longer legs. I also got him a pair of baby dunlop volleys and they are so cute. He has big feet though, they are a size 4 - Lindsay wasn't in sz4 shoes till he was 12mths old and the girls were 18mths before they wore that size. I knew his feet were big, just not that big LMAO.

DH came in before and said "next time you're getting it done" LMAO - poor guy, I shouldn't laugh, as it is quite uncomfy ATM for him but better him than me I reckon. Its not just about me having done childbirth or anything, but I've had lap surgery before so I know how sore I would have been if it were me. I think the itch from being shaved down there is annoying him more at times. Lucky for him it was only the area under his doodle and not the whole lot.

Hayley, no, there won't be any valentines lovin' in this house tonight, but I have AF anyway so the timing was quite good. And Yay for Maddy's head rounding out more, thats a great relief you don't have to do physio.

Agnes, just pop in a bedtime story just before you start the final settling of a night - sometimes I found that as you read to them and you can get them a bit excited LOL. so if you do it before they go to bed, you have time to let them wind down again from it. Unless I was just an over-enthusiastic reader.

Marydean, fingers crossed you get the goods tonight (and by that I mean choccies!)

Gracie, I'm like you, I find it very hard to just stop at a few choccies.

LOL Noni, that's fine Only links to ebay and other commercial sites (online shops etc) aren't allowed.

Ah hah! I found you Noni!!!!

Hayley - Im glad you dont have to take Maddy to the physio She will learn to love tummy time more and more! I cant get Rory off his tummy now haha

OMG im such a dumb bum, I thought V day was vaccination day Sherie! Oops! Hope he recovers quickly

Just popped on to wish everyone a happy Valentines day

I might not be on for a few days as my computer monitor has turned blue! Everything has a blue tinge to it and its driving me crazy. Good thing its under warranty, so they are collecting it tomorrow so they can repair it. Crappy timing though, one of the fellas I work with is applying for his r/e management lic(something like that) so he can open up his own branch. He has offered to pay me to type up his assignments because im the only one who can read his hand writing haha!

Well im off, im soooo exhausted! I got a box of choccies shoved in my face at 5:00am when Dwayne was on his way out to work! Our wedding photo's arrived today (great timing)....it only took me 2 years to order them LOL!

LOL Renee. Glad you got choccies. You'll have to post a pic of your wedding for us to see.

Hayley and Gracie I have pm'd you both so you can find me on facebook.

Noni I added you too.

Sherie glad V day and A's appointment went well.

Agnes I am planning on going to the Library reading sessions too.

Logan has decided he would like to bite me when feeding, he doesnt have teeth yet thank god. I take him off and give him a firm no but he just laughs (its hard not to laugh at him he is so cute). any tips from the experienced mums?
    Last edited by Ozstar; February 14th, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

oh dear i thought tonight might be a good night to re try with solids after the tummy thing and she cried for about half an hour with reflux and tummy pain she was trying to grab the food off my plate and was upset when i wouldnt let her but then when i gave her a lil pear i think she had too much i dnt know if we will have anymore maybe shes just not ready or maybe its one tea spoon for a while and thats it eek idk..

Hi Girls,

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Noni- I hope asha's Tummy pain goes away soon poor bubba. How have you been feeling?

Well not much to tell here everything is going along as normal. Olivia can now hold her own bottle and we are in the process of learning to sit up that is if her brother can leave her alone for 2 minutes. The keep touching her and cuddling her and giving her their cars to play with. She loves books too mostly to eat though. She is now having 3 meals a day and I just started her on my home made vegies which she loves for breaky she has half a weetbix with formula and for lunch a custard or apple I dropped her bottles to 4 per day and she is sleeping happly though the night. Finally.... I love it .. for the last 2 nights All my babies have stayed in their own beds... Oh I hope I didnt just jinx myself. The boys are great and have jsut learnt on wednesday to ride there bikes by themselves. Well you know the ones with training wheels. Olivia starts swimming lessons on the 4th march so I am looking forward to taking her to that.

Facebook- I am now a member [email protected] is my email. Well I better go I am very tired tonight. Oh no valentines pressies for me we dont do it as its all getting way too expensive. We just say to each other happy valentines day and tell each other that I love you every day since we starting going out which DH told me tonight is 11 years this year. Wow isnt it me who should be tellin him things like that. lol...

Good night to all and sweetdreams to you and your wonderful babies.

noni and katie- found you two on fb,

leanne- i can't work out how to find you! i'll keep trying though!

W likes babbling, bababababa is his fav word at the moment. He used to laugh when he heard us coughing and now his thing of getting our attention is doing a fake cough
    For Val day, DH gave me a cute puppy doll & chocolates, yum ...

Fianne, Brauer has a natural remedy for pain relief, they said you can use it in place of panadol. Hope Max feels better soon.

Hayley, W didnt like tummy time initially and we put a special cushion (or a rolled towel) underneath his chest/hands and he seemed to be on his tummy longer with that. Good to hear about Maddie's improvement.

Katie, have fun with your mum! W absolutely loves the reading session, esp. the nursery rhymes. Biting, same problem here, sorry no advice as yet

Leanne, glad the op went well and you had a wonderful girls night. Yay on Olivia holding her bottle and the boys with the bikes, clever kids!

Noni, hope you're feeling better with everything. Asha is so gorgeous and you've done such a wonderful job. Not to mention that you're doing so well with WW and the exercising. I havent even started dieting/exercising!
    Sometimes I wish we can all meet up and I can give you a real hug.

Renee, I think the 'moment' came a bit late for me too, not exactly straight after labour. Now I fall more in love with him everyday and I have this strange yet really wonderful feeling everytime I think about labour ..

MD, does E like her new pram. Good to hear she conquered the needles. Where can we get the growth charts, is it similar to the ones in blue book?

Pregpan, yay on the rainy day shopping Hope you get the solid sorted soon.

Gracie, wow Lewis is such a big boy. Hope he feels better soon.

Cally, I love Greys Anatomy. My friend from US taped the new series so I already watched til the 7th episode Sounds like you have a really wonderful DH.

Sherie, hugs to you. Glad it went well, but an op is still an op. Poor your DH. Good to hear A dr was nice, was it worth the wait? I am not familiar with psoriasis, but hope A is okay.
    On eczema, W still has it on his cheeks. The gp prescribed elocon cream, is that the one you're using? The pharmacist also told me its quite strong.
    Btw, I love Sprout clothing. They fit him better than pumpkin patch. And thanks for the bedtime tips.

Arte, thinking of you this week.
    Hi Queenie & Rach. Jazmum and LP, hope you are all okay
    Last edited by spring_ag; February 14th, 2008 at 10:28 PM.

sneaking another post before nap time.

getting a bit harder these days with a rolling baby. she seems to often get stuck (hand under her) and screams in frustration, which of course, gets me running wondering what's wrong with her.

had 4 mo check up last wednesday. weight is 6.4 and height is 65.5. above 50% for both but i think height is more in the 95%.

uh oh, computer's restarting for update and i don't know how to delay it. gotta go before i lose anything.

bbl.

oh ur bubbies are all so advanced.. sometimes i feel like Asha dosnt do much compared to other babies... though this morning i put her back in her cot and when i got up to get her coz she was winging she was the other way around as in her head down the opposite end to what it started.. i heard her kicking the soother on and off at one point so she muct have got half way and then used that for leverage lol funny thing...
    this morning Asha actually slept well but i was woken up by builders fixing the roof next door at 5am grrrr they were throwing all the broken tiles off the roof and putting up scaffolding oh boy was i mad i actually chucked a bit of a tanty lol crying and cursing them lucky for them i didnt have anything good to throw at them lol and lucky for me i stayed inside instead of embarassing myself haha
    fianne - wow what a long skinny little miss!! Asha is 62 1/2 cm and 7kg haha
    thanks agnes -well done on the v day score
    hi gracie will add u back
    leanne - Asha got iver the tummy pain pretty quick.. and i have been feeling up and down still but i think i am managing.. someone i usedto work with at the childcare centre actually invited me out today so she could meet Asha so that will be nice havnt seen her in ages so feel a lil weird but nice to get out all the same.. will look for you on facebook

Fianne I hear you on the frustrated baby. In E's case, she can roll in one direction (ie onto her tummy) but when she's had enough she can't roll back and just lies there arching her back, flapping her arms and screaming in frustration LOL. Plus she gets bored in the one place. It's sort of occured to her sometimes that it might be good to be able to move (I've seen her looking at things thinking 'how can I get to that?') but the body doesn't want to cooperate just yet!

The most exciting thing that happened this week was our eBay Jolly Jumper arrived. OMG it is hilarious watching her bounce around in it, she does these little ballerina kicks with her toes pointed. She gets right into it and I'm sure it's her donkey genes making her love all that kicking LOL!

Sherie - yeah I got lucky last night - but only with the Haighs dark choc macadamias ROFL! Actually my DH was a real sweetie and lashed out on a whole gift hamper thingy (the highlight of which is an apricot and almond dark choc block which I will be saving until last)! I think he's feeling guilty for buying a motorbike when we can ill afford it and now he's going away for 2 weeks in April (which was not compulsory but it's all expenses paid to a place o/s he's wanted to go for ages so I could hardly say no could I?) Hey Big Spender come spend a little chocolate money on MEEEEEEEE! lol

Good to hear D is ok after his op, I had no idea it would hurt abdominally(!) but it makes sense doesnt' it. What are you doing about introducing solids? I bought some farex yesterday and some soft heinz spoons, I got them to ready myself psychologically for the introduction of solids in another month's or so time. I'm still 'traumatised' from introducing them to DD1 - there is six months of my life that I have absolutely no other memories of except my kitchen and the highchair and all the food encrusted bibs and facewashers LOL

I can't remember who asked (Cally?) about E in her new pram, she loves it! It's very spacious and comfy and it's got a Huge sunshade (Yay) and she can see out really well plus it's got the reversible handle so she faces me. It's got a good suspension system so a very smooth ride LOL!

Oh dear, I've missed a whole chunk of personals but better get a wriggle on or we will never get out the door!
    Last edited by AnyDream; February 15th, 2008 at 10:24 AM.

Noni- Have a wonderful day out.
    Sherie- I hope you DH is feeling better soon My DH will be getting that done soon.
    Fianne- Max sounds like she is going great

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast