Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #20

This week W and myself have been visiting several childcare centres in our area. Some are good but the waiting lists are just horrendous. And I put our name on the waiting lists before he was born Havent even had the chance to look into FDC. OMG can believe how hard it is to find a good place for your baby. Sometimes I wonder am I wrong in making decision to go back to work, even for part time???

Katie, I tried to give him a firm no when he bit but he tends to bite at the end of a feed so that didnt exactly work. I hear you on the rolling while sleeping thing, hope you have better sleep tonight.

Noni, how is Asha's tummy. Glad that you had a wonderful day.

Fianne, sounds like Max is doing really well. So cute isnt it when they give us their naughty smiles

Cally, hope Katie is okay and the dr apt goes well

MD, half metre wriggling, sounds like E is getting mobile It was me who asked about the pram, glad she loves it. Since I removed the bassinet, W seems to like his stroller more.

Hayley, I too looking forward to hear mummy as the first word LOL. Btw how is Maddie adjusting in childcare?
    ETA i think your sil will appreciate you even more now that she has faced the real thing

Leanne, thats sounds a bit weird, hope its just a silly joke. Still, a bit annoying though ...

Hugs Gracie. I wish I can give you a good advice, but facing similar problem here. I have been trying to help him sleep by himself for quite sometime now. Most of the time I still rock him to sleep and I am worried on how its going to be like when he needs to sleep in childcare. I am sure someone here can give you the right tips and advice. Hope you can get some rest tonight.
    Last edited by spring_ag; February 16th, 2008 at 09:32 AM.

waychee25 Guest

Default hi

new mum in sep do u have a playgroup

Hi, we made it!

Been very busy trying to catch up with everyone, buying cars etc.
    Took a 'short cut' to our new town yesterday and got there minutes late so missed DH medical lol

Will has been very good, was great on the plane and has been handling all the travel so well.

hey hey
    well i am happy to say we only got up half an hour ago (10am) woohoo finally a good sleep i probably went to sleep around 12 so very happy with that!! possibly off to see an old friend today but dp dosnt really want me to see him because weve been more than friends in the past kinda.. its kinda complicated do you think i am being unfair in wanting to see him?
    leanne - ment to say goodluck for ww
    gracie - big hugs to you.. we usually do bath/shower (but not every night) feed, pyjamas on, in the cot and soother on, usually we only have to go in once to put the dummy back in if at all but this is around 9pm if she is tired during the day i have rarely been successful putting her in her cot as she just screams!! for the day time i usually bounce her in her bouncer when she is tired as she will drift off easily that way..
    arte - glad will is doing well with all the travel.. and congrats on finally being there
    waychee - hi there if you mean a playgroup where we all go and meet up together some belly belly girls do have meet ups for coffe or whatever but alot of us live in different states or too far away from each other.. your welcome to join in on our thread though if you like everyone is very supportive here
    agnes - Ashas tummy is much better thanks, just think as much as she wants solids she is only ready for little tastes now not actual spoons full of things, she did fine with it before it just happened all of a sudden think shes just not ready... its hard the whole going back to work/putting your bub in childcare thing.. i at the moment have chosen not to put Asha in care but there is part of me that would like a part time job and probably benefit greatly from it oh well lol..

Gracie - we tend to resort to the 'magic boobies' if DD won't settle. Depends on how tired I am as to how quickly they come out! Occasionally they don't work though and that is always very disappointing!! I hold her legs down to stop her kicking and sing Baa Baa Black Sheep quietly to her, that often works.

We do bath about an hour after she wakes up from her last afternoon nap. Then it is massage and pj's on, then quiet time in the lounge room where we read books or sings quiet songs. The moment the tired signs happen, it's into her room for a last feed and then bed. The routine was a bit loose before so we're trying really hard at the moment to make it work better. We don't have a firm time for the bath because we never know when she is going to wake up from the last afternoon sleep - sometimes it is 4:30, sometimes it's 6:15!!

For daytime, we see 2 tired signs (occasionally I go with my gut though and just put her down and that works too), wrap her up, cuddle, toy, say 'Goodnight Katie, time for sleeps', close curtains and leave. Often don't have to go back in, if I do it's usually just because the toy has rolled too far for her to get.

Arte - glad you made it, hope the unpacking and everything else goes well.

I'm getting the best of both worlds today, went back to bed for a nap this morning while DH looked after K and she only slept for 45 minutes. Now he's at cricket and she's having her big nap of the day now so I get lots of mummy quiet time.

Hope everyone has a good day.

ok so i went and saw that friend lol apparantly not a good idea as it all ended in tears and me telling dp not to bother to come home dnt know where we go from here...

Oh Noni, hope you and DP sort it out.

One hour seems to be the stage at which K realises that she's not going to get fed and might as well give up and go to sleep. But boy that hour goes slowly (and Baa Baa Black Sheep gets a workout). Hopefully she will reduce that soon.

Gosh Noni I hope you get that sorted out, hope it was all a heat of the moment thing. Let us know how you get on. xxx and

Yay Arte for arriving at the other end! How exciting. Good to hear W travelled so well. Enjoy your settling in days, when everything is new and exciting!

Gracie,far out what a marathon. We watch for the tired signs, then a quick nappy check and sometimes a feed (depending on how long it's been) and then we wrap her up (folded so the arms stay under) and I pat and jiggle her for a couple of minutes then into her cradle. We have this toy that plays Fur Elise when you pull the string, so that goes on. If she's snoozy I just walk out, if not a bit more pat and rock in the cradle. If she cries, I let her go for a minute or so, then back in for another pat (without picking her up). Just until she looks more relaxed then out again. If she's really boucing around in there wide awake, we get her up for another 20-30mins then try again.

Cally thanks for that tip, I didn't even think of Myers. I bet there's one in DJs too.

Agnes, good luck with your child care search, that's on my list of things to do...still not sure when I'll go back to work yet - some things happening with DHs work (he might be going away for a few months again) so really not sure how to proceed at this point.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend, special shoutout to Jazmum (thought of you at Chinese soup last night), LP if you're reading and Queenie (hope all's well hun). xxx

ETA Katie, well after saying about the SafeNSound antiroll thingy I've now renamed it the UNsafensound and removed it from the cradle. She took a while to settle this afternoon and I went in there after 10 mins, and she had got it out from under her bum and it was up near her face (!!!!!!) That's that, then.
    Last edited by AnyDream; February 16th, 2008 at 07:55 PM.

Noni - Oh no sounds like a jealously thing. I hope you can sort it all out.

Arte - Well done to Will for being a good boy on the plane! How is your new town? Do you like your house? Sounds so exciting!!! I've always wanted to move to Melbourne, maybe one day.

Marydean - Oh my goodness how did she manage to get the safe and sound undone? Thats pretty scary. In regards to work, the longer you can stay at home with E the better I say. Thanks for your heads up about the Big W baby sale, they have some excellent specials. I spent a bomb in there today, stocked up on formula while it was cheap, bought a couple of those mesh feeding thingos, dummies, puree storage thingos for the freezer, bottle brushes, random toys $5.00 and $8.00 each!!!!, baby dunlops (so so cute) and got myself a pair of $20 shoes for work.

Gracie - Hope you had more luck with settling Logan tonight. Cheeky boy hehe.

Cally - Just a suggestion, have you ever tried keeping K awake as much as possible after say 4pm. I have found in the past if I let Maddie have her arvo nap too late in the day, she wont sleep again till 9ish. If I keep her awake after 4pm she is ready for bed at 6 and settles with no hassles. Unless that would make K overtired and even harder to settle? All bubs are different though, and do what works best for you, but just another thing to try if you are game lol. Btw like your idea of quiet and calm playtime before bed.

Agnes - Yes it is so hard finding that perfect care for your bub. And you have to be happy as well and know for sure that he will be safe there, otherwise you will spend your time at work worrying about Will all day and its not worth it. I am reasonably happy with where Maddie is, but I think its natural instinct for a mother to not be 100% happy, no one can care for bub as well as mum can. Also dropping him off you will get the guilts, it will always be that way, but thats only because you are a good mother. Re sleeping in childcare, at my center they try to put all the young bubs to bed around the same time, but obviously that doesnt always work because they are not all tired at the same time. If you are rocking Will to sleep and want them to continue that, they will do it for you. They will provide you with a form asking questions all about Will, his routine, feeding and sleeping habits etc. They do whatever you want them to do. I hope you can find a place that you are happy with.

Fianne - Dreadlock holiday lol!!!!! I agree, its his bday let him spend it how he wants to. Besides time apart makes for a healthy relationship. Hope he had a good time and didnt feel too hung over this morning.

I finally got my eyebrows waxed today, they were looking like bushy caterpillars!

Noni, hope everything is o.k.

Renee, about the birth, there was no gushy moment for me either. I had a surreal feeling as he was being born, that I was actually giving birth but had no movie-like surge of love or anything when he was born. I just saw a greyish lump on the bed and then saw they were about to cut the cord so I put my hand in the way and said no. It didn't even occur to me that he wasn't breathing. After a minute or so on the trolley he was handed to me and I remember thinking he wasn't as goopy as I had expected and he was a bit squashed and funny looking. It took a few weeks before I could actually say I loved him.

Having a hard time remembering what has happened. JaZmum is o.k, she is busy with school, kindy and family time at the moment but will be back when she has some free time.

I have been naughty and have been letting W sleep in the bed with us. It is so much easier but now I doubt I will be able to get him back in the cot. I am so lucky he is such a cruisey baby, he has been so good with all the travelling we have done. He did cry for about 1/2 hour in the car the other day (fianne, I feel so sorry for you!) but he had been in the car all day so I don't blame him. We have got a big car seat now too as he is almost too big for the capsule.

DH has to go to our new town this week to start work, W and I are still staying at mums because we don't have our new house allocated yet and our stuff is still on its way.

Hi to everyone I have missed. MD, hope your DH doesn't have to go away for a long time again.

good morning ladies, thanks for all your advice on settling. last night was much better, i really think the injections maybe gave him a headache or something as he is usually pretty cruisey. he just didn't seem himself and was so cranky@!!

arte- so glad the move went well. sounds like w is a great little traveller!

hayley- i went to big w too. wanted some more easysuits but they only had 000 and 0000 left, so bought some wondersuits for winter and 2 boxes of huggies- i'd gone all that way, i had to get something! lol

noni- hope everything is ok with dp. let us know that everything is ok, yeh?

well gotta go ladies, we're heading out for breakfast (i'll never lose weight at this rate!). will pop back on this arvo- hot here again today!

hey all will bbs just jumping on to let u know everything was sorted out last night.. idk id the problem is fixed but its ok for now iykwim.. if i ever want to be friends with thi guy i dnt knw how its going to happen though so see how we go..

Morning all!

Hello and welcome Waychee!

Hello across the ditch to Arte!!!! So happy you made it across there in one piece and that Will coped with it all so well. Does it feel strange being in 'whole other country' again? Thanks for letting us know how Jaz is getting on.

Gracie, glad last night was so much better for you. I read how long it took you to settle him and I wished I had of been there to give you a hand with him.

Noni, oh hunny, I really hope that you and DP can work things out between you. Do you think he would feel better about your friendship if you didn't see each other alone and kept it to group situations?

Hi MD! I read in The Land newspaper this week that the Bald Archies will be in Canberra at the Watson Arts Centre from March 6 to April 2 if you're still interested. I am getting somewhat ready for solids too. I have stocked up on Rafferty's Garden cereals and purees when they've been on special and brought some Tommee Tippee food containers (3 pack with the spoon) when Target had them on special last week. I really need more spoons though as I have lost most of mine over the years since their last use.

Cally, sounds like you need a tape recording, or does Miss K like her music live and unplugged?

Big news here - Alister is commando crawling!!!!! Little angel is growing up far too fast for me. He must have been doing it for about a week I reckon because whenever I would put him on the floor, go away and come back, he would be in a completely different spot to where I left him and I was just assuming that he was rolling, but yesterday the kids came out to the kitchen all excited saying that he was crawling (I was in the kitchen), so I went and had a look and he's getting up on his legs and pushing off and then he'll stretch his arms right out in front of him and then bring his legs up and push off again. So it's more of a caterpillar crawl LOL and its by no means pretty or graceful to watch, but definately mobile. So I'm a bit sad about that - the longer he wasn't mobile for the longer he was my little baby kwim? Today though I haven't had him on the floor at all - mean mummy doesn't want him perfecting this trick anytime soon

sherie - its kinda hard with the group situations thing because i dnt know any of his friends since because of this whole drama hes not with my dps circle of friends anymore.. dp and him cant stand eachother either so no joy there.. its a very complicated situation and i can understand from all sides but i am just frustrated!!! wow well done Alister!!! no sign of that here lol though if i stand her up Asha can hold herself up on her toybox cant get her to have more than 5mins tummy time lol
    gracie - hope you enjoy your breakfast
    arte - so glad w is being a good boy!! dnt worry about the sleeping in your bed thing Ash comes to bed with us every morning because we get more sleep that way and it makes us all happier so worth it if u wask me.. we just took pasrt of Ashas carseat out the other day coz she was too big for the capsule style cusioning (we have a convertable carseat)
    haley - well done on the eyebrow wax its not entirely put down to jegoeslousy its such a messed up situation i hate it!!
    md - oh no unsafeand sound how scary!!!
    cally - hope she goes down easier for you asap

Has the quickreply box disappeared from the bottom of the screen?

Hayley - If she is overtired she falls asleep during her last feed, then wakes screaming after the first sleep cycle where we spend 45 minutes getting her back to sleep or feed her again. 4:15 now, I've just put her down, there is no way she would last another couple of hours, whereas if she has a 45 minute nap now, she will be ready for bed at 7 or 7:30.

Bought some Heinz spoons today and some cereal (Raffertys). How long until they're having a full serve of that? The instructions say to add 150mL of water/formula/breast milk to the cereal, I imagine that wouldn't be for a while and we would originally start off with only a couple of tablespoonfuls? I noticed the Rafferty's also has higher iron than the Farex (but more expensive). DH couldn't believe the cost of baby food.

Shere - wow at the commando crawling! We're still waiting for the rolls here.....

DH went out last night - had 10 cans of coke!! Surprise, surprise, he feels hungover, dehydrated and generally yucky today. Silly boy. At least it meant I got to finish off the little bit that was left in the fridge because he felt ill just looking at it!

Glad we bought a pram liner - had a poosplosion in the supermarket today.

ETA - OK, quickreply box is gone, makes sense.

Also, should I be expressing each morning to get a build up of EBM to add to cereal etc?
    Last edited by Cally; February 17th, 2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Remembered something

Firstly, yep, the quick reply box has temporarily been turned off. Kelly is trialling it for a week to see how everyone copes with it. It is so the site gets more page impressions. There is a thread explaining it in better detail in Messages from BellyBelly.

I for one am going to take a while to get used to it LOL - I use quick reply most of the time unless I am doing a big post.

Cally, eeewww at your DH drinking so much coke, that's making my stomach churn just thinking about it LOL. With the cereal sometimes you need a lot more liquid than you think to make it the right consistency. I did mix up a bit of the rafferty's rice cereal just to see what it was like (the purple one) and I found that I didn't need much water for it at all compared to what farex was like and not so much like wallpaper paste LOL. And yeah, it is exxie, but I reckon the Heinz ones are dearer (here anyway).

glad it's all sorted noni!

sherie- i wish you could've been here the other night too! i can't believe it took me 5 hours to get him to sleep...oh well, it's cool now. can't believe A is crawling....oh your little boy is growing up...it's so great for your other kids to be able to experience watching him grow up though iykwim? they'll always feel so close to him i reckon, cos they've watched him all the way..how beautiful

ohh i dnt like that because you cant see what everyones said while you are replying!! thrown me completely!!!
    the rice cereal we were using (and will when she resumes solids) was bellamys i think, its another organic one, i find the others have too much sugar and dnt taste nice at all!!
    no need for babyfood to be expensive just blend up some fruit or veges and there u go though i suppose they arent cheap anymore either...
    ummm u see now i dnt know what everyone said!!!
    just cleaned the whole loungeroom as dp is doing a temp job tonight dunno if i will kick on to the bedroom or not the bedroom will take longer lol and just looking at it makes me feel a sence of defeat lol..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast