Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #20

Noni, when you go to the 'reply to topic' page to do your reply, if you keep scrolling down the page, you will see the last 18 posts from the thread, so you can still see what has been said.

Gracie, fingers crossed you don't (or aren't) having another repeat of last night with Lewis. I bet he was plumb tuckered out after all that too.

Sherie - Well done Alister, thats great! I think we are still a fair way off crawling, as she is only still getting the hang on rolling....and thats only from her back to her side lol.

Cally - Ohhh ok fair enough I think I read one of your last posts wrong, I thought you meant you were having trouble settling her at night, but I think I was getting you confused with Gracie's horror night the other night. I wouldnt be changing anything if she is going to bed at 7

Noni - Glad everything is sorted with you and DP, its always hard when theres an ex involved.

Gracie - Everyone was going mad in Big W!! Were there lots of pregnant bellies floating around when you went? Glad Logan was good last night, as you said it must have just been the injections that put him out a bit.

Arte - Hope you can get into your own place soon. Has your home in Aus settled yet?

Had a lazy Sunday here today, DP has been at his parents house helping with painting and Maddie and I have just been playing and cleaning. Back to work tomorrow, can you believe I have 3 days away from my baby this week. Monday is work as normal, Tuesday I have my uni orientation so I am still sending Maddie to childcare that day, then I am working Wed to make up for Tues. Mum is taking her on Wed. Gonna be a tough week I think, but hopefully it will fly.

Hope everyone else is ok. Still think its weird that LP hasnt been on yet, she was on at least once a day before. ???

ahuh awesome now i see sherie..
    lol haley hes not even an ex as such suppose i should explain a lil.. dp and i had a big domestic and he did something he shouldnt have.. his best friend at the time was there and got really mad at him (because he was also close to me) and i ended up leaving dp for an amount of time and staying with this guy.. i dnt think i need to say what happened when i was staying with this friend and i was beside myself upset and we were sleeping in the same bed.. problem was id been with dp for 3 years and was still a capital V lol.. so now that we are back to gether he cant shake the feeling i didnt trust him and didnt for 3 years but after 2 days of staying with this other guy i gave it to him... its a pretty complicated situatuion coz i do still like this guy (as a friend) but every time he comes up dp gets very upset because it makes him think of me giving it to him when i wouldnt with dp for all that time.. does that make sence lol???

What a night! W woke up at 2am screaming and crying. Couldnt be settled by me at all, didnt even want boobs. DH took over and after half an hour he stopped crying. Not sure whats wrong. Poor little guy, he scratched his face right on his rash and we could see some blood I think I might take him to the dr again, have been there twice just for this eczema thing. Can it be from something I eat?
    Just the usual Sunday, went to church and did some shopping. Bought an elephant soft toy for W, we hope it will be like his comforting toy and can help him sleep better.
    A friend came over and brought her 2yo. So cute watching her and W played together. She kept saying 'I want to see baby william, mummy' everytime I spoke to her mum over the phone.
    Ok, time to read the posts

Arte, glad the trip went well and yay on Will being so good. This must be a really exciting time for you all. Hope you get everything sorted and can settle in pretty soon. A new house, a new car, sounds thrilling

Noni, my heart beat faster reading your post. Hope everything is ok now between you and DP.

MD, thanks. Been having bad dreams about this childcare thing lately. Sorry to hear about the uncertainty atm, hope you & dh can work out whats the best way for you all. On the other hand (me asking a silly question), will you be able to go with dh. It can be like a holiday trip for you and the girls
    Oh no, that really is unsafe&unsound! Was thinking about buying it.

Hayley, sounds like you had a good shopping day Sending you hugs for the following week. Good that your mum can take care of Maddie.

Gracie, hope you'll have a better night. Yeah it really is hot today, and tmrw and the day after. Probably the last hot days of summer.

Sherie, wow crawling! Alister is so clever, well done boy. LOL at caterpillar crawl. Ikwym they grow so fast, I already miss the time they were newborn.

Cally, hope the rolls come soon

Oh No, sounds like I am the only one who hasnt started giving solids or preparing for that
    Even at mums group, W is the only one who hasnt started solids. He is the youngest there, but still ...

Haley, our house is meant to settle on saturday but apparently the banks are behind so it may be a bit longer. Has yours settled yet?

Sherie, yay for Alister crawling. It is sad how quick they grow, I guess sadder for you because he is your last. W is no where near crawling, he can stand if he is holding something and he can step across the room if I am holding him up. I didn't crawl but walked at 8.5months so I won't be surprised if he does the same.

I have started W on solids but he isn't very impressed with it. He pulls a yuck face when it goes in his mouth. I have just been using normal milk with the farax, I have never expressed and I can't see any harm in it - FF bubs have cow milk all the time. He had some watered down apple juice which he liked so I got him apple puree but he wasn't very keen on that.

So much to catch up on.

Arte glad you made it to NZ with no hassels.

Agnes Logan isn't on solids yet, I am waiting until he is 6 months. He has a suck on apple occassionaly and has tried the rice cereal once or twice.

Noni I hope everything is sorted out between you and your DP.

Hayley I hope this week goes quickly for you. I have been wondering about LP too, hopefully it is something as simple as her computer going on the blink and not having the money to fix it.

Sherie thats both exciting and sad that A is crawling. Must be so cute to watch.

Cally ewww at your DH drinking that much coke, did it take him all night to fall asleep? Good question about expressing BM for cereal. I was just going to use cool boiled water, how much would we need to express?

Gracie glad Lewis is sleeping better, the needles really throw them off don't they. How nice going out for breakfast we went out for breakfast last weekend and we are doing it again this weekend, it makes you feel really spoilt dont you think.

MD Oh no at the safe and sound thing, we started using one on Sat (before I read your post). So far Logan hasn't managed to get it on top of him but he is getting cranky that he cant roll over. I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Hi to Queenie, Renee, Jazmum and Supa and I am sorry to anyone I forgot. There is so many of us now and its so hard to catch up.

I had such a great weekend but I miss my mum already, I had tears in my eyes when I dropped her at the airport last night. Argh I need to do the groceries today better go make a list.

Hi Girls,

Sherie- A Huge Well Done to A crawling. What a smart bubba
    Art- Congrats on W starting solids. Olivia loves her food.
    Noni- I hope everything is ok.

Well sorry for the short one today hello to all and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hi all, I have a quick question to ask. William wants to sit by himself and he cries if I put him in other positions. He sits by leaning forward on both arms iykwim, so I am not supporting him at all. Just wondering is it okay to let them to sit by themselves at this age? I am afraid if his spine is not ready yet ...

Arte, I must have missed reading the part on your labour. OMG on the not breathing part, that must be quite a scary experience. LOL at the yuck face, I kinda smile when trying to picture it. GL with the house settlement.

Katie, W hasnt tried anything except for breastmilk and some medication like panadol bonjella etc LOL. I hear you, I cried everytime I said good bye to my mum at the airport.

ETA Hi Leanne, posting at the same time

Agnes just make sure he has a ring of pillows around him cos they can flop back suddenly and bump their heads until they really get the hang of sitting.

bbl i hope for personals. First day of study for me today, haha we'll see if i actually get anything done!!

good morning all

katie- yes i love going out for breakfast, it's my favourite. we try to do it every sunday- little bit of family time iykwim? then i always buy a bunch of fresh lillies for $5 from the grower on the way home and put them in the kitchen. it makes the house smell beautiful all week. sorry, i must have missed- where does your mum live? did she come to visit for the weekend?

aglinra- yes it is super hot atm isn't it? i've got the air con on again today. shouldn't whinge i guess, it gets so cold up here in winter, soon i'll be sending dp out to chop wood for me every morning! i sort of love winter though, settling in, snuggling up. i wonder if lewis will love it? lewis has not tried solids at all. a lot of my friends have but i'm not in any rush. i want to wait until he's at least 5.5 months.

hayley- hope you're going ok being away from maddie! she'll be fine, it's you i'm worried about! are you enjoying being at work? what do you do for work again? i'm sure you've told us, but i've forgotten, sorry!

sherie- last night was a lot better, thanks for checking! i think i'm getting a bit paranoid about sleep as well as the mchn told me he should be awake for 1 hour and then asleep for 2 hours all day and this never happens. he has a fw 40 min catnaps here and there but no real big sleep in the day. i'm doing my head in over sleep! i told dp that A was crawling so that he would get a wriggle on with finishing our deck. it still is half built and has no railing. he's decided we're not going away at easter now and he's going to dedicate the time to finishing the deck so that's good.

noni- glad everything has been sorted out with your dp. i had a look at your photos on fb and asha looks so much like him! it's very cute.

cally- i suppose 10 cans of coke would make you feel better than ten cans of bourban and coke!! lol

md- good luck with studying! i'm supposed to be share trading atm but i keep coming back on bb, so much more fun! hope you can avoid it so you can get lots done. are you studying librarian?

big call out to lp---where are you????
    reminds me, has anyone heard from ella lately? i wonder how she and abigail ended up going with bfing?

LOL Marydean, do you have your study tools i.e huge block of choccie and a nice cuppa?

Agnes, if he likes to sit like that, try popping him in a clothes basket with some pillows behind him - I always did that with mine when they were just learning to sit on their own. I would also put some toys in with them. And I'm only prepared for solids because I'm a wee bit frugal and brought it all on special LOL (my scottish ancestory coming out)

Hi Leanne, you're working today?

Katie, hugs for you. I'm so lucky my Mum isn't that far away and the IL's are only a few k's up the road from us. When will you see her again next do you think?

Arte, I only ever used cooled boiled water in their food. It wasn't until they were a fair bit older I started using milk. I never used formula as it made it too thick.

Ah Noni, that explains a lot then. You poor thing, its hard to take everyone elses feelings into consideration at the cost of your own. Hope it all works out in the end.

Hayley, I hope these next three days pass quickly for you. At least she is with your Mum on Wednesday. I bet she will be spoilt rotten.

Arte, don't even think about mentioning the "W" word - walking is the final frontier LOL and I would be very happy if he waited until 12mths before he started. Its not easy to watch him move about at all, its even painfull because you just wish he'd hurry up as he is painstakingly slow and awkward. Its so much easier to leave him in the room and then come back to find him moved.

What's the weather been like for everyone else lately? Here is typical autumn weather really - cool mornings and warm afternoons. It makes it very hard to know what to dress Alister in so I've just been putting on a short jumpsuit and then trackies over them so I can take them off when it warms up.

Noni - I am planning on cooking most of K's food myself, but I want to make sure she has some of the commercial ones for a change and if there is a situation where I can't make anything. She won't take a bottle of EBM because we didn't offer it to her enough and my mum keeps telling me about the time they went away and couldn't get the yogurt I liked and was grumpy the whole trip!

Katie - I only bought the solids stuff because it was on special!

Sherie - cooled boiled water sounds a lot easier to add to their food.

Gracie - K is awake for about 2 hours at a time at the moment. She tends to have a long sleep in the mornings (eg 1.5-2 hours) then the rest of the day it is 30mins - 1 hour. Sometimes she does an extra long sleep (like yesterday, didn't wake up from afternoon nap until 6:15!!)

I was wondering about Ella too.

Last night she had her last feed at 8:30, fell asleep on the boobies and didn't wake on transfer (yay!), didn't wake after the first sleep cycle (yay!) and stirred after 4 hours. I resettled her (took 50 mins) then she slept for another 3 hours! So good!! A friend went to sleep school for lots of night wakings (like K) and was told to resettle if they stir before 5 hours. I just felt like I needed to do something because her sleeping patterns are driving me crazy.

Well better go get ready, we're going to have lunch with MIL and then she's going to babysit while I go to the chiropractor.

Sherie- No work today although I am suppose to be cleaning again today.

Memo to all. One of my boys put some biro drawings on my nice clean walls which I discovered on sat morning. Boy was I mad and could not get it off for the life of me. I rang my cousin and she suggested Chux Magic Eraser... Well it works wonders and it got it all off. So I am going back to buy some more just incase they try it again. ( I bought it from woolies in the cleaning isle).

Oh better go time for another load in the washing machine.

Weather- light rain today

No individual replys but just a few notes on things I've read!!

Mackenzie is not rolling - in fact she did it a few times start of JAn and has stopped!! How frustrating!! Not worried though - I know they develop at own pace.

I go to Gymbaroo and we were told there NEVE to sit our babies because it's bad for the backs and prevents crawling. I think that may be a little dramatic but who knows!! don't deliberately sit Mackenzie now!

Sleeping patterns - completely out the window!! Any hint fo a routine has gone. Actually rang health nurse for extra appointment to discuss and have also rang sleep school to have phone consultation just in case it gets worse. I'm glad I did because I have to wait til 4th march for it!!

LOL Leanne, that's what I should be doing too. I love the chux magic erasers too - there aint much they don't get off. You can buy big ones too for the big 'artworks'

Cally, that's a great nights effort.

Gracie, don't worry about the sleep too much - babies are never textbook when it comes to sleep or feeding, so I don't even know why they have these 'suggestions' on how much they should have.

Ella has been on about a mth ago, but not posting and LP still hasn't logged in since jan 22. I am really just hoping that with all the dodgy weather up her way she's just lost her connection.

thanks sherie you always make me feel better

little bit of news here!! at mothers group this morning Asha rolled from her tummy to her back!!! she wont do it the other way though lol and she did it twice to get out of being on her tummy!! as if tummy time wasnt hard enough lol oh well i am still excited shes rolling!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast