Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #21

Noni - I think that nakie shots of babies are just gorgeous, there are many people that do the nakie shots if thats what you are into? Otherwise just do them yourself - I took some beautiful and tasteful nakie pics of Mad that I am blowing up. I love holding her nakie, she is so chubby. Also if you are like me and dont have a spare $500 + to spend on professional pics take advantage of the free pic that you can get done at pixi photos. I got Maddie's back last week and it is stunning and didnt cost a cent. Did you get the vouchers in your bounty bag that enable you to go every 6 months? Thats what I'm planning on doing, dont care if I'm being stingy lol!!!

SupaB - I agree though, you spend a bomb on the professional pics but they are well worth it. Something you can cherish forever really.

Renee - Have fun at Karaoke!! I am in Morley, where are you? Dont know about set for life, more like chained to the bank for life lol.

Cally - I can sympathise with the silly cat!! Our Billy drives me nutso every night. What is with cats, they sleep all day and sneak around the house at night, pouncing on everything. Cant they do that during the day and sleep at night!? Wish I could shut him outdoors at night but thats just mean isnt it lol.

Gracie - Hope you get better soon, has Lewis caught it at all? Good luck with mums group on Thurs, bet you guys will have a ball.

Sherie - The cortisone cream has already done wonders for Maddie's skin, I apply it twice a day, its only 1%. Still I might do what you do with the giving it a break for a few days then starting it again. Thats good that Alister is on track, cant believe they will be 6 months in a few weeks, isnt that just crazy!? Hope you are feeling much better today btw.

LP is still missing!?

For the past 3 days now I have been giving Maddie a few spoons of the bellamys rice cereal for dinner along with her normal bottle. I started on Thursday just out of interest to see how she would go, she pulled a couple of funny faces but then started to chow it down. She is loving it, so I think I might just stick at this for awhile, take things slow, and then maybe start introducing more solid foods closer to 6 months. She isnt waking at night for feeds so she cant be wanting solids too much and also because I am worried about the whole excema/allergy thing. Another thing, i've only been giving her 4 spoon fulls max at each meal, though she could easily go more, but is it bad to give too much when introducing solids? What about tummy aches etc?

Maddie did the cutest thing today, she was playing in her bounce bounce thingo, and I was sitting next to her eating my weetbix going mmm yum and really showing her how I put the spoon into my mouth, she was taking it all in. Then all of a sudden, she started chewing with her mouth, as if to copy me!!! Couldnt believe it. Is this a sign that I should be giving her more solid food? She's still sleeping through?

Ok enough of my raving, need to go do some study, exciting stuff....

hey there
    well my poor lil bubby is constipated it would seem... shes got those hard lil poos happening.. i gave her a tiny bit of prune juice in some boiled water as well as a tummy massage and a bath and i am not giving her her dinner meal (she only had it once anyway so not like she really misses it) and ive switched back from the banana poridge to the multigrain breakfast think it might be the poridge poor thing.. oh well she had a clear preference for the other cereal anyway maybe i should have listened lol.. any other tips for constipation?
    oh and one of my friends gave me a swing for asha, u know the ones that hang on the clothes line.. she absolutely loves it hopefully that will make hanging the clothes out a better experience rather than me running in and out of the house or me trying to take her bouncer outside and it getting all dirty..
    haley - nope no free vouchers for pixi photo .. oh well.. sounds good what youve been doing with the solids, you could try and give her a bit more if you wanted but i think her chewing is more a sign of her learning to imitate.. unless she is watching u every meal and really into it.. lol asha stares at me and licks her lips or moves her mouth lol then she starts squeeling or winging when i wont give her any and puts her arms out trying to reach it haha

Hayley, congrats on your settlement. Ours should be happening on Tuesday, they want the lawns mowed again and have decided with two days to go that they now need the leaking tap fixed. I offered to get it done two weeks ago but apparently it is more fun to leave it to the last minute.

Noni, wish I had known that you didn't have any pixi foto vouchers - I just threw mine out when we moved, I could have sent them down to you.

Ozstar, how was your anniversary?

Leanne, hope you enjoyed your busy weekend.

Hope everyone that is sick is feeling better and that your bubs don't catch it.

Will is in size 0 clothes now, I still squeeze him into some of the bigger 00 but they won't last much longer. I think I will try to weigh him tomorrow, haven't done it since his 4 month vaccinations. We have just moved up to toddler size nappies because the crawlers were leaving big red indent marks on his legs. These ones fit much better.

I had some photos taken a couple of weeks ago of W nudie. It was an offer for a $10 sitting and a free a4 size photo but I may buy some of the others if they turn out o.k.

Hopefully tomorrow our furniture will be released by customs so we can pick it up. Most will have to go into storage though because we are just in temporary accomodation for now. We were looking at houses today and I think we found one we might buy. So much for living carefree for a while lol

As far as solids go, we haven't been trying very hard. I give him rice cereal or a bit of mushed fruit or vege but he doesn't really eat any, maybe a small spoonful. I gave him a little taste on his tounge of my milkshake and now he won't eat anything that isn't yum lol. So no more sweet stuff until he eats his veges. He did suck on a peice of my brocolli last night (comes out the same as it goes in) and I got a little mesh bag that you can put food so they can suck the flavour but not choke. I have so far put in apple, carrot, cheese and chicken. He seems to like sucking on it.

Arte - Our buyers did the same thing with getting things fixed at the last moment. Such a pain!!! How exciting, buying a new home! Good luck hope you get it.

Noni - Maddie is constipated too, I've just been giving her water in between feeds and she seems a bit better now. Bummer that you didnt get free vouchers, however I know Pixi Photo do around a $10 sitting fee and you get a free photo. You feel like a bit of a stinge, but who cares, if they are offering I'm taking!

Maddie is sooo unsettled tonight, she has been waking up every 10 mins for the past 2 hrs or so. Not hungry because I fed her just before bed, I've given bonjella, but I'm wondering if she has a tummy ache because she had a fairly decent dose of rice cereal for tea tonight. Whoops.

haley - glad shes getting better, ashas only doing those horrible small hard poos poor little thing!! yesterday we had some huge vomiting issues too where she vomited more than she was drinking, it was really quick and heaps of it n she was gagging poor little thing is just full n cant get it out.. i'm hoping the tiny bit of prune juice n water ive given her today n the tummy massage will help...

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA.

Arte happy belated anniversary to you and your dh. We didnt do anything special for ours, just cooked a nice dinner.

Logan is 6 months old today, I actually feel a little sad about it. He is growing up so quickly. It is also exciting though, soon he will be crawling and talking. We have our 6 month appointment with the CHN tomorrow, will chat to her about solids and then start giving him them more regulary. No doubt I will have a million questions for those of you who's babies are already on solids.

Sorry for no personals, too much to catch up on. I hope you all had a great weekend.

HI everyone
    noni - hope Asha is feeling better today. a friend was telling me on the weekend that she doesn't give her bubs banana, because she found with all three of her girls that it made them constipated. I noticed that Hannah was quite uncomfortable the day i gave her banana too.
    Katie - hi there Hannah is 6 months too - i can't believe how fast she is growing.
    Gracie and Sherie - i hope you're feeling much better today
    Renee - interested to hear how the Karoake went
    hayley - congrats on the unit settling. Must feel good to have that weight lifted off your shoulders. Can you tell me again what you're studying? sorry - brain doesn't retain too much info these days
    arte - good luck with the house hunting.
    i just phoned the lady who does the Bowen therapy. I'm taking Hannah to see her on Thursday. She said that the treatment will only take a couple of minutes, and there is no fee. That's right - they don't charge for Babies!! She said that she would be suprised if any Bowen practitioner charged for treating babies.
    i've got all three girls sick with colds, and of course dh has headed off to melbourne today for the week.
    Hannah had another wakeful night - i think i gave her too much food yesterday. I have to keep reminding myself that her stomach is only very tiny. She gets so excited by the food though lol.
    hope everyone has a great day.

I wont be singing karoke again anytime soon! Had a few too many drinks and ended up doing thriller on the stage.....the dance and all. So shameful! Going out for a night on the town makes me remember just how much I hated it! We left the karaoke bar at 11:00-ish and only got out of town by 2:00am!!! Once you get into town you cant bl00dy leave! Plus Its full of weirdos and agro drunks. Dwayne and I got abused by a car full of drunks just for sitting on the sidewalk waiting for a lift (we ended up calling Dwayne's sister at 1:30am to help us get home, eek) I just wanted to go home and give Rory a cuddle. I got a bit teary in my drunk state because I missed him so much. Im such a homebody.

Hope your all having a great weekend xoxox
    Last edited by reneenay; March 3rd, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

hi everyone
    still sick over here having crazy coughing fits all night long.

renee- i'm such a homebody too! i'm such a homebody that it's embarassing. i hate going out now. especially at night. it's great now that we have lewis it's the perfect excuse not to have to go into the city. it does my head in! i love nothing better than a night curled up on the couch with lewis and my dog. sure beats any nightclub! glad to hear you finally got home ok

hayley- that sounds so cute how maddie imitates you- what a little lady she is! so cute.

sherie- hope you're feeling a bit better, i'm a bit worriedthat i've given it to everyone in my mothers group cos i got a text saying 2 of the mums and 3 of the bubs have got colds grrr

jaz- sounds like you've got a lot on your plate with sick girls and dh away- i don't know how you do it!

ozstar- happy 6 months to logan! time flies doesn't it?

arte- i've been thinking of moving up nappy sizes as lewis sometimes has marks on his legs too. interesting to see you have. i've got 3 big boxes of crawlers still, but after that i might move up! lol

noni- hope asha is doing better. i wish we all lived near each other- i'd come to your tupparware party!

well, lewis now has two teeth down the bottom. i can't believe it. i tried to get photos of them but it's too hard. might try again later..

Gracie, when I had that nasty cough and nearly popped my C/S wound open again, the dr told me the very best cough suppressant (for a dry cough) is codeine. I tried it and it worked...worth trying if you're not sleeping. Definitely chat to your dr about best medication for it, some of the cough medicines say not recommended for BFing mothers but when you look at the Emims report it turns out they are category A (safe in pregnancy) so sometimes you can make your own decision based on that.

SupaB I'm still exclusively BFing, not in a hurry to introduce solids on account of all the extra work involved! I'm pretty sure E is ready for them but another week or three is neither here nor there. BTW I'll be Adelaide in a few weeks time so you could end up with a Tupperware gatecrasher LOL! Make sure you get some little tuppercups and their freebie plastic spoons (that they hand out for coming to the party) are a good size for bubs and toddlers.

Had a night away over the weekend, the portacot did its magic and E slept fantastically well again! DH reckons its his favorite thing in the whole house right now!

Hi to everyone else, am reading but not posting on account of high volumes of desk busyness being conducted here at the moment.

renee - i have images of you doing the thriller dance
    md - does E sleep well in her normal cot too? poor you having work to do.
    gracie - you poor thing , i hope you can ease your cough for tonight
    dh just called me to tell me his grandma passed away She'd be happy right now. Still sad though knowing that we won't see her again (at least not in this life)

JaZmum - Im so so sorry. I hope you and your family are coping okay. She is at peace now. And I bet your glad she got to meet your little Hannah Lots of hugs and kissed xoxo

thanks renee - i think everyone has prepared themselves for it happening, and knowing that she really wanted to die makes it a little easier. I told the girls and they weren't really worried.I guess that's the 3rd death in our family over the past 6 months - so maybe they just see it as something that happens.

Woo hoo for public holidays, no work for me today so I am only working one day this week YAY YAY YAY! Still we had to pay for childcare today, so stupid.

Jazmum - So sorry to hear about grandma She did well making it to her 90's. I am doing a double degree, bach of education home economics and social sciences. Hope your girls get better soon, its hard enough looking after one sick child, how do you do it haha!

Renee - LMAO I just had a real good laugh picturing you doing the thriller dance, DP came running in going what what, what is it! Ahhhahaha still laughing that is so funny!! I am a homebody too, we went out a bit when we were 18 but when we hit 19/20 we were already over it!

Marydean - I am flat out too with study!! I cant believe how much reading is involved in uni! I love reading, but this is over the top.

Gracie - You poor thing, sounds horrible. Wow cant believe Lewis has two teethies! One started coming through for Maddie, but has dissapeared and hasnt come back.

Noni - Is the prune juice working?

Katie - Wow 6 months already, goes too fast. Let us know how you go at the CHN

Anyway must go do some things around the house while Maddie is having a big sleep. (hopefully)

Hello all! Still sick here, but its gone from making me feel completely dreadful to just dreadful now. It just annoys me because I never get sick and I have a cold before winter even starts. Alister is over his little head cold anyway.

Jaz, I'm really sorry to hear about Grandma. No matter if they were waiting for it or not, a passing of a loved one is always hard. Take care.

Sorry I haven't done personals, but I can't hardly think this afternoon - too tired.

Sherie - you poor love - i hope you feel better soon.
    dh said last night - 'you'd better take Hannah because i can't afford to get sick'. Hellooooo!!!! Who will look after everyone if I get sick!!!

eta - marydean - i think i'm in trouble......i've just found e-bay!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Patooties; March 3rd, 2008 at 09:58 PM.

LOL @ ebay Jazmum! I was just raving about it to my auntie tonight who has a secret (real life) auction fetish and I'm pretty sure she's going home to get broadband set up so she can ebay! What are you buying? I got my tupperware icecube trays on there last week and DH picked up E's new tunnel play-gym thingy too.

Sorry to hear about Grandma, I reckon she'll be sitting up there comfortably without her weary old bones, having a nice hot cuppa and and feeling all the love that everyone is sending as they think about her. xxx

OK everyone, stop getting sick, it is far too early in the year for that! I hope you all feel magically better when you wake up tmrw morning!

Arte, I wanted to say how excited I am that you might've found a house already, that's excellent work!

Noni we have one of those swings too, I've told DH to bring it out from under the house and we'll work out where we can hang it - might be the clothes line cos there aren't too many places here to put it. Haven't checked out how sturdy the hills hoist is yet.

Ok Bettybubs is waking up, that's my last drinks call

md - have been checking out winter clothing for the girls. I've put in a few bids, and when it comes back with ' winning bid' i go @#$#@ I'll be in a spot of bother if i win all of the items i've bid on!!!!! i'm also waiting on some edible Hannah Montana cake images that i purchased from ebay last week.
    hope you have a good night's sleep. I just looked at the time. best be off to bed myself.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast