Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #21

hi everyone
    a few quietish minutes to write while Mr N watches baby einstein. he watches it every few days - am trying to decipher if he actually likes it. he only watches if i am right next to him!
    Cally - we have also had a few v unsettled nights and he is extremely hard to get to bed - i have resorted to taking him back out to sleep on me and then trying again an hour or so later the last 2 nights. i wonder what it is? re the wind, N has also been more farty but i put it down to solid introduction and i dont think you hav started??
    have any of your bubs developed separation anxiety? lately when N is v upset, tired etc only I will do... not even DH!!!
    not much else to report - hope you all have a fab weekend. i probwont be on much next week as i will be in melb.

Cally and Pregpan- Sorry to hear bubs not settling. When I put Olivia to bed at night she is usually awake and if she doesnt go to sleep with just a dummy I give her a spew rag which she hugs and puts around her face. I know it sounds dangerous and weird but Jordy was the same. I go back after a few minutes and take it away from her and she is asleep. Xavier never needed anything like that and Jordy stopped doing it when he went to daycare. ( he was 1 and a half). Its funny how the things you did with your first you dont do with your second. ( I mean like rocking to sleep and putting in your bed) I look at Olivia like my second. I use to rock the boys to sleep at night then put them in there beds, with Olivia she just gets put straight to bed after her shower. I also use to put the boys in our bed when they woke at night but I refused to do it with Olivia. The boys still come in. Bed just not big enough for 5 in the bed. Oh well I must be off . Have a good one.

cally - that sounds like a good plan. Hannah is the same. I still need to burp her a couple of times during a feed, and she wakes during the night with wind - which is why i took her to the chiro. I'm going to make an appointment with the Bowen massage therapist, who I found out only lives a couple of streets away.
    pregpan- Hannah screams if dh tries to get her to sleep - she stops as soon as i take her. I hope you have a great week in Melbourne. My dh is going down on a business trip next week - 4 nights away
    Hannah is in her cot at the moment - trying to see if she'll go to sleep by herself. She's not crying - but is making a lot of noise. Not sure if i can hold out.

aaarrrrggghhhh!!! had a long'ish post which disappeared! now i know what you guys are talking about when you say you lost your post.

gist of it....
    pregpan, enjoy melbourne. max is/was going through separation anxiety but i'm hoping she's over it.

jazmum, let us know how the bowen massage goes and how much it costs. max has been waking up with wind too.

everyone, have a good weekend. MIL coming tomorrow so it's either i'll be too busy to post or she'll be playing lots with max and i should be able to get on more often.

There must be a full moon or something, Cally and Pregpan, I've had a couple of horrible nights with screaming in the middle of hte night going on and on (!) I don't know if it's teething or overtiredness or cranky about Daddy not being home (?) but geez I'm just about on the verge of a screaming overtiredness tantrum myself - wish someone would wrap me up and rock me and shoosh me off to sleep! A few new cradle tricks too, pulling herself over on the side rails and quite deliberating chucking her dummy out (cos it makes mummy or daddy come back in and then you can giggle and smile) LOL.

Noni I agree what a cheeky little monkey you've got there

Woo hoo our unit finally settled today isnt that great!? Our mortgage has literally halved, it is sooooo much more manageable now. I dont even need to work now, but that is another story lol.

Hope bubs settled easier for you all tonight.

Marydean - I started uni yesterday and took your tip and did study last night. Its very exciting but very scary at the same time. I am only doing one unit but its full on. Nothing like high school thats for sure, but I know I can do it. You are external arent you? F/T or P/T?? Sounds like you have a cheeky monkey too!!

Cally - How did your new plan of action go tonight?

Pregpan - Yep Maddie is also very picky of who holds her. Sometimes all it takes is a look at DP and her bottom lip drops, then the tears.

Fianne - Have a good day with MIL, no doubt Max will be spoilt rotten.

Leemar - It is funny how you parent the second to the different, not that I know of course, but I already have things in mind that I know I would do differently with the second. With the first I think you just feel and feed your way through while you figure out what they want and as you learn the role of being a mummy! Once the second comes around you know much more (hopefully haha)

Sherie - How is Alisters excema going? Took Mads to the doc today for hers and she was prescribed a cream with cortisone (spelling?). I have used it but my mum thinks its dodgy and gets into the bloodstream - have you/would you use a cream like this on Alister?

Anyway must go, we are having pizza night, naughty naughty!!!

hello everyone! Sorry to have gone MIA, but I have a blooming cold and feel absolutely dreadful. I thought it was just going to be hayfever,as I had been a bit sneezy since Monday, but by Wed arvo it really hit me. I feel like my throat is full of broken glass and I have a nasty hacking cough which makes my throat feel oh so wonderful and a head full of cotton wool. Alister also has it, but is just a bit congested in the sinuses I think as he is feeding fine, so no sore throat for him thank god. It does wake him through the night a little bit when his nose gets a bit too blocked. So last night we slept in the recliner for a few hours (MD we should form a recliner sisterhood LMAO).

I took him to our MCHN on Wd and he is a neat 8kg now and 71.5cm. He has this beautiful curve on his growth charts - since about 7wks old he has only been putting on 120gm a week (until then it was about 200-300gm a week), but he's just perfect. We had a big chat about solids too and luckily I have a great MCHN who is aligned with my thoughts on the subject. Scary thing is its only 3wks until he is 6mths old anyway! He is also really progressing with the crawling too - he can now get up on his hands and knees at the same time, but doesn't move or anything. He is getting more adept at his commando crawl too and is very speedy LOL - the big kids don't know what hit them because before they know it he is into their stuff on the floor.

Hayley, Alister uses cortisone based cream too and the dermatologist said it was fine to use it in small doses (not lathering it on in other words) and to use a regime of 4 days with cream and 3 days without and it's working well. There are some risks about using it too much it can be absorbed into the system, but usually thats with overuse kwim? Some are also not for the face either (the one we use can't be put on his face so we have a different one for that)

Someone mentioned car seats the other day (I'm really sorry but I forget who it was now) and Alister has been forward facing for a while now (since about 4mths) and honestly its the best thing I ever did as he was getting v frustrated at not being able to see anything and would start crying. Now I am of the belief that I am a safer driver when I don't have to worry about my screaming upset baby in the back, so even though he wasn't 8kg yet (which is the recommendation for turning it forward facing for our seat) I turned it anyway. And he had excellent head and neck control by then too so there has been no issues with that.

Leanne, Alister has a 'sooky' in bed with him too and its just a cloth nappy too. He loves it near his face (Paige still does it too with her blankie) and I just take it away once he's asleep. Often when we are out and he gets a bit grizzly, I pop it in the stroller with him and he cosy's in and nods off.

Hello to everyone else - I hope you are all having great weekends and Gracie, I hope you get better soon too.

morning all
    how are we all this morning?
    were doing alright over here except its so bloody cold and Asha only has limited range of 00 warm clothing coz i refuse to buy more as i am sure she wont be in it too much longer.. got a load of washing on atm and shes wearing a bonds long sleeve shirt and pants that are size 0 the pants come almost to her arm pits lol and the jumpery shirt thing looks pretty big but hey they dnt look rediculous so i am gonna start using the tracksuits and stuff i bought for her in size 0 atleast she will get a fair bit of wear out of them fingers crossed anyway!
    she desperately needs new socks and singlets, she pretty much has no singlets, and the only socks that fit her are the four pairs we got the other day when we were shopping (went with mum).. u dont realise till you go to put stuff on that it dosnt fit anymore oops lol will have to go out next pay and get her some things.. shame the big w sale is over, atleast i think it is and we arent getting another pay till wednesday... i am absolutely addicted to buying bonds stuff now i love it!! so comfy!!
    oh got two cute books for Asha while we were out too "if i were a lion" and "its a george thing" keep your eye out for them as they are super cute!!!
    hmmm what else.. things are going pretty well with solids here, shes been having rafertys cereal every morning yesterday was the 7th day shed been having it so i let her have a small dinner at about 5:30 i gave her some avacado mashed up with a little bit of boiled water which she absolutely loved, so she can have that for a few more days and then we will switch it.. is that right? let them try the same things for a few days before changing it? shes tried two different cereals for 4 days each and this morning i mashes a little bit of banana into her cereal for something different.. she seems to be really enjoying it and we arent having tummy troubles.. ithink she wasnt quite ready before but now she winging when its time to have it if i'm not ready lol and squeeling when i am eating and not letting her have any haha..
    haley - congrats on getting the unit settled what a load off ur mind that must be halving ur mortgage wooohoooo
    md - asha has a few tricks like that pulling herself over the side of her cot and throwing things out!! was wondering too everyone when should we be lowering the cot? should i have done that already hmmmm..
    fianne - hate it when posts dissapear! have a nice day with MIL i have dps aunt and mum coming over this avo so its clean clean clean here atm lol coz dp is doing a half day at work.. its mean but i am kinda enjoying the peace while he is busy with work..
    pregpan - whats baby eintein like? asha loves tv she was given a hi 5 dvd but i dnt let her watch it much.. shes always staring at the tv i was wondering if i shld get something for her thats a bit more educational lol i should probably just turn it off lol oh well
    cally - Asha is very farty too lol idk if its the solids or just her she dosnt seem to unhappy about it.. sometimes she has a bit of a winge then a big fart comes out lol but that seems to be the extent of it..
    hi everyone else better be off its sleepy time lol asha is falling asleep in her bouncer n i really rather she go down in her cot as i am trying to set a day sleep in the cot thing if we are home she spends so much time in the bouncer i worry about it hehe probably just paranoid.. anyways thats enough from me buh byes..

eta - sherie we were posting at the same time - asha hates tummy time haha i dnt knw if she will ever crawl!! thats so clever of master A cant believe how much they are growing up!! oh and sherie it was me with the carseat.. and that makes me feel alot better because the other day in my mums new car the carseat strap wouldnt reach her anchor point to put it rearward facing so i said to her look we will put her that way and drive down the street i will watch her the whole way and if i dnt think she looks safe we will go home and we can get an extension strap later.. well she has great head and neck controll and she absolutely loved it, no more grizzling when we stopped at lights either coz she was occupied with other things coz she could see out the window we weighed her at the chemist and she was 7.4 anyway so i will probably leave her like that now
    Last edited by *noni*e*; March 1st, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

She went off to sleep a bit better last night, but woke after only 4 hours and I couldn't get her back to sleep, ended up feeding her and then spending another 15 minutes settling her. Then she woke again and it took me 35 minutes to get her back to sleep after a feed. I was grumpy too, the cat jumped on me in the middle of the night (she hid from DH when he was trying to put her out). As I was sitting in her room, shhing away, I felt like I could drop off leaning on the side of the cot. Shame the wood is so hard....

At the moment she is sitting in the washing basket playing away - what a great idea that is!! She hates lying down now that she can sit up.

Noni - I took all of our singlets up to my sister who is due in 8 days and haven't restocked our supplies in larger sizes yet!! Must do that soon. K is in her size 0 clothing and she does look a bit silly, but at least she's warm!

Sherie - hope you are starting to feel better. Gosh, A is a long little man isn't he?

Well cricket is cancelled today so DH is going to go and do the shopping so tomorrow we can have a nice day at home. There's a great place nearby for breakfast, might walk over there.

hey there ladies

FINALLY i get a chance to write a proper hello. lol. i am at the office today again. 4th day this week. mad mad. bubba is here too.

did i tell U we had photos done when T was 4 months this was the one where cause we bought a car, they gave us a $750 voucher? well, we picked them up today, and they R awesome. spent lots but got heaps of really different shots, 2 big ones for the wall, one in the stairway and one for T's room. can't wait to get home to put them up. yay yay.

boy the kids grow up quick don't they, looking at all of your signature photos there. they change in front of our eyes. T is so long and she is not a newborn anymore. speaking of newborn, have U guys checked out the Huggies offer for a small tent thingo. I saved my barcodes in case so i sent off for one last night. it will defintely be a fun cubby house even if she can't use it now. we will see.

T is in 0 size now. everything is getting too small and all of her clothes which were gifts are pretty much now unwearable. went to K-mart for that bonds sale and bought 2x size 1 (i can't believe it either) single suits for winter, some socks and a gorgeous white organic cotton track pant and hoodie. even the 0 size is really just right to wear now, come the depth of winter, her little legs will be frozen. hee hee. ow well just have to give her more cuddles.

she is so cute girls. she knows the words 'go sleep' and does it.

Gulp, i think i am the ONLY one left exclusively b/feeding. Am I right, or are there others around like me. All of my mother's group are giving their children solids. i have been putting it off mainly cause i am too scared to give her anything else. lol. she has only had 2 bottles of expressed milk and all the rest of the other feeds are via me. i think i am hesitating rather than waiting for good reasons. lol. i mean she isn't suffering, just need some reassurance that i will be ok. i have started thinking about rice cereal and started expressing again so i can give her some rice cereal with b/milk.

SupaB, Hi! You're not the only one - Marydean, Cally, Katie and Gracie are still exclusively BF; I'm still exclusively FF. I really should do something about updating the pics of the kids we have - and we haven't even had alister done at all yet. T does shound like a gorgeous little thing

Noni, definately give it a good few days when trying new foods - not only does it give them a chance to like it, it helps you single out any possible 'trouble foods' for allergies etc.

Cally, what a cheeky cat you have - maybe she just didn't want to be out last night I'm glad K likes being in the basket. Sometimes it's the simplest solutions that work the best. Plus once they get a taste of what it's like to do something new, its very hard to get them to do what they used to do - like Alister hates to be layed down in the stroller now and has to be sitting up looking around.

Don't worry too much everyone about their pants being too long - when you're out and about and they are in the stroller/pram, when they are sitting up the longer length of the trousers etc make sure that their legs are still covered all the time too instead of riding up and exposing their legs.

I agree Marydean, it must be a full moon or something because Rory has been waking up a 3:00am for the past week! He doesnt wake up crying instead he is laughing to himself and rolling around in the cot ready to PLAY! Rory loves throwing his dummy to watch us run in to get it for him too haha. Its great when he throws it down the wall side so I have to move the Bl00dy cot!

We have had to get a routine in place for bedtime. Before we were just going on Rory's tired signs and letting him go down when he wanted to. But now he is hyper when he is tired and when he is like that its a real struggle to get him settled. So our routine is like this now evening walk, bath, feed, story time and lights out. We did it for the first time last night and he went to sleep within 5 minutes instead of the usual hour of kicking, laughing and squeeling!

Cally - Im glad you had a better night. Did you try puting her in the bath?? It will get easier and easier as you keep up the routine.

Sherie - I hope you feel better soon xoxo! Im glad they had a great time at the wiggles concert. Rory's LOVES spongebob square pants haha.

Noni - Join the club haha! I LOVE bonds to bits (for me and Rory). All their stuff wears so well and is really simple & comfy!

Hayley - Congratulations on the settlement of your unit! It must be a huge boost to have your mortgage repayments cut in half! You should be very proud of yourself. You guys are set for life! Oh which suburb are you in?? We better fine a cinema half way haha.

JaZmum - Hope you will be okay by yourself. I had every single family member and friend I know come around to keep me company while Dh was away haha. I hope you get some good results from the bowen massage.

Wish me luck for tomorrow night girls. Im going to a karaoke bar in the city for my girlfriends bd....should be very interesting EEEEEK!

Oh ladies one more thing. Rory wont open his mouth when im trying to feed him. Any tips? Its driving me nuts! And when I do manage to get food in there he blows a raspberry and it goes EVERYWHERE!!! Do you think he is just not hungry??

hey sherie - T's new 0 pants are still too short when she is sitting in her pram! oh, and the stitching is coming loose around the waist already

Rory has only just moved into size 00 clothes, some brands are still far too big.

ah reneenay - i LOVE karaoke! its great fun. let ya hair down girl!!!

i'm going to a wedding next sunday and T isn't invited to the reception - i HAVE to arrange someone to look after her! Eeeek!

hi everyone
    sorry i've been MIA- i'm soooo sick- sounds like i've got exactly the same as what you've got sherie
    i've been reading all the posts but don't have the energy to write anything...sorry girls!

sherie- thanks for letting us know about the car seat, i'm going to get dp to turn ours around today.

supab- i'm still exclusively bfing. gonna wait till at least 5.5 months before solids.

i've fired up and invited my mothers' group to my house on thursday- so i've got lots of cleaning to do before then lol. we've just been meeting at the centre so this is the first time at someone's house. i hope it goes well! i wish some of you guys could come

hi gracie, u poor thing, rest up. actually i am having my mother's group over in a few wks for my tupperware party. i wish all you lovely ladies could join us

goodmorning all very quiet in here this weekend.. hope its coz ur all just busy doing nice things to fill ur weekend
    not much to report on this front..
    renee - some 00s are too big for ash yet this morning she is in a bonds tracksuit thats 0 and it looks baggy but not rediculous lol i am confused!! with the food thing i looked after a boy that wouldnt open his mouth for food though he had a developmental delay and was 2 so a little different.. maybe try dipping rusks in and giving them to him to hold and put in his mouth to find out if its a problem with the spoon or hes just not really interested?? i knw it will be really messy but worth a shot.. have u let him hold the spoon? i let asha hold her spoon with a little bit of something on it and she loves trying to get it in her mouth and it gives her a taste of something.. if that dosnt work maybe hes just not ready? or maybe as ur gp or mchn??
    gracie - sorry you havnt been feeling well.. hope you have a good time with
    mothers group..
    supa - wow cool about the voucher.. i am always getting stopped by the ppl in the shopping centre part of me would love some professional pics of ash but i really dnt want her dressed up etc etc (actually its more dp that has a problem then me but i do feel that way to an extent) i just want her as her iykwim and that seems hard to come by...
    who said they were having a tupperware party?? i was thinking about having one of those to get the free stuff u know lol but i dnt know if i know enough ppl to get anything good out of it hahahaha..
    lol so i post and then actually look at it and the post about the party is just before mine hahahahahahaha supa enjoy your party

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast