Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #22

MD, that was a massive post, well done! I was worried about how Will would react to family because he hardly saw any one but DH and I for the first 5 months but he is a real crowd pleaser.

Sherie and JaZmum, hope all is going well and you get a bit of free time soon

Will turned into the Snotatron 5000 (delux model) overnight. I don't know how so much snot can come out of one baby. Hope it doesn't last long, we are going on holiday for easter and I hope it is gone by then

Well swimming was a huge success this morning - she loved it. And the best bit was she saved the poo for the car ride home!! But I must remember that once the swim nappy is on - straight into the water. I put her back in the capsule while I went to the loo and she weed in it.

MD - The Heinz cup doesn't have handles, but it's pretty small and she can handle it very well. My sister has heard the Ikea rumour too.

Arte - hope W gets better soon - lol at snotatron!

Noni - yum cha is yummy!! They come around with lots of little dishes and you pick what you want off the trolley and eat it.

My sister saw the ob today and her cervix wasn't favourable for inducement - so she's having a caesar tomorrow (which will be 9 days past EDD). Fingers crossed it drops and she goes into labour tonight. So we're heading up tomorrow after the MHCN visit. So looking forward to being an auntie!!

I'll try and get on while I'm away - but if not Happy Easter to everyone - don't overdose on the chocolate!!

Arte LOL @ snotatron 5000! Is it clear and runny (like E's - that's why I think it's teething) or murky yurky like it's germ-induced?

Cally - well done with the swimming, I haven't been brave enough to get my togs on in public yet. I'm v. surprised that they are proceeding to a CS for your sis - they left me go for 2 weeks before trying an induction! Is it because of the Easter public holidays? How happy you're going to be an auntie soon!

yum cha - it was nice, i didnt eat much coz it made me very full plus i am kinda fussy
    teething - puts hand up, asha too i think!! shes been grizzly all day n craming toys in her mouth gnawing on them n grizzling at the same time.. her cheeks were bright red n she was so upset, when i gave her bonjela she calmed down for a while too so i think thats what it is...
    cally - hope everything goes well for ur sis n glad swimming was a hit.. Asha loves swimming but we just havnt hadthe time lately..
    arte - hope the snot settles down if its greeny or coloured rather than clear u might wanna take him for a check up...
    md - yep mums group is going to keep meeting up which is nice wow shirt off broom in hand yes please hahaha u lucky woman!!
    haley - yeah i would lol but my dad n his g/f are really fanatical about ppl using the drier because it costs alot to run lol.. he wears bussiness stuff anyway so probably does need an iron i still cant get over that bussiness pants have a crease ironed into them lol
    charlismumma - hope u can get through work!!!

MD, I didn't know that snot was a by product of teething. It is clear. He is getting very frustrated because he feeds to sleep but with a nose full of boogers he can't breathe at the same time. Hoping he will clear out after the bath long enough to go to sleep. Well done scoring a man-slave for a hubby! The first time I saw my DH he was passed out drunk on the couch in my flat.

Cally, hope all goes well with your sister. Makes me nostalgic to think of little tiny babies again. Glad the swimming went well. Swimming day was always my favourite day of the week because he was always really tired after and would have a great long sleep. All the pools here are outdoors and it is a bit cold so he will have to make do with the bath for now.

Katie, meant to say I refer to us as my online mothers group

He did the bum scoot again today. I never actually see it but I always leave him sitting with his back by the couch so he can't fall back far but he somehow gets to the middle of the room.

Afternoon Everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Im feeling like death warmed up so excuse me if I miss anyone DH is coming home and running me a nice bath and cooking me dinner.

Art - I would kill to see Wills bum scoot haha He will be one of the firsts to walk by the sound of it. He sounds very determin! Sorry your Sunday didnt go very well.

Noni - Heard back about your application?? I hope Asha is feeling better. Any signs of teeth coming through? Have you seen those chew/dummy type thing out?? Rory has his two bottom completely through now. I must post a pic, it looks sooo cute.

Cally - Awwwwww how exciting, you must be thrilled I hope she goes into labour by herself, and a quick labour at that! Glad you and Katie had a good time at swimming Lessons. Like Marydean im waiting to fit into my bathers again before I start.

Marydean - Im glad you had a good time at the ABA meeting & E went well with the crowd. Have you decided if you are going to defer uni? I thought I was an ebay queen but you far out do me, you have got some great bargains!

Hayley - I am glad Maddy is feeling a bit better? How are you doing? I'd imagine it would be rather draining looking after a sick baby? Hope your looking after yourself. I heard alot of ppl are kicking up a stink about the increased Baby bonus, me on the other hand,...im thrilled!

Tamara - When i was working 1 day a week my mum or my MIL looked after Rory. It makes it that little bit easier doesnt it. They do get spoilt though dont they haha.

Better run, Rory is asleep so im going to try catch a few ZZZ's too. I feel so sorry for myself. *sniff sniff*

Is anyone going to start planning for a 2nd soon? I couldnt even imagine having a 2nd until a few weeks ago and now im getting excited.

oxoxox

Hello lovely ladies,

so much to catch up.

Renee I have been thinking about number two for a while now. I think we will wait for while yet but I enjoy thinking about it.

Arte what a way to meat your future husband lol. Poor little Will and his snotty nose.

Noni I am in Sydney to see my family this weekend. My sister lives in Blacktown. If you and Asha are free one morning let me know and we will meet up for a coffee.

Cally glad you enjoyed swimming. Logan and I start next month when the new term begins, I am looking forward to it.

MD I am thinking of joining my local ABA group. Good to hear you and E had a great day. Sound slike Miss E is well trained, Logan sometimes saves his poos for daddy.

Hayley how is Miss M feeling tonight? I hope she gets better real soon.

Fianne we give Logan finger food (like apple and other fruit) to chew on. I have some carrots frozen for when he starts teething and he loves to chew on them.

I had my dad, his fiance, my nan and my uncle up from Sydney for the weekend. It was nice having them here but I am glad to have my house back. I have so much house work to do now though, oh well. I am off to have a hot shower and watch TV in bed, I am buggered and need an early night.

Maddie is much better tonight, thanks for asking girls. Mind you 4/5 nights of being cuddled to sleep....I cant believe how fast they learn. She kicked up a big stink tonight when we put her down to bed on her own. Normally we would put her down, say goodnight and leave the room and 5 mins later she's out. lol oh well I must say i love cuddling her to sleep, the best bit is when she is drifting off looking into my eyes and desperately trying to stay awake and smile at me. Its SO cute!!!

Renee - I must admit we have been thinking about number 2 lately, although we arent planning on having number 2 for awhile yet. We are very excited for baby number 2 though!! Yep I am feeling pretty drained from looking after a sick baby, I had a nanna nap this arvo and I havent had one of those since she was a newborn. As tired as I am, I dont mind at all, just feel so sorry for Maddie iykwim so I will do anything for her. I hope you feel better by tomorrow.

Hi Katie - Glad you had a good time with the fam. Enjoy the early night, I need one too but its now 9.44 and I'm still on the computer. whoops.

Cally - Good luck for your sister. How exciting!!!! Let us know how it all pans out.

Arte - Lol snotatron!!! I didnt know it was a teething thing either!

Marydean - My vapouriser looks like a spaceship from star wars or something, or so DP reckons. I wouldnt have a clue on the brand, but it really seems to work for Maddie. I bought it at chemmart for $35

Noni - How are Ashas teeth going? Did she sleep well for you? (presuming you will read this tomorrow morning)

Oh no just found my cat out the back with a baby mouse, luckily the baby mouse is ok but he is frozen stiff lol. Poor thing got a real fright. Yes I am an animal lover, even love the pests.

asha loves rolling so much she just rolled over in her bouncer lol cant leave her anywhere anymore coz she rolls over and starts inching lol atleast its slow (for now).. i want to get her some yoghurt today something nice for her to have around lunch time because yesterday she was grabbing all my food (at yum cha lol) and was really frustrated and when i got home and gave her some left over avacado i had from last time she ate it all (thats only one ice cube though lol) and stopped grizzling.. its so confusing this whole solids thing we were up to 3 meals (well 2 small ones with a piece of fruit in the mesh bag) then it dropped back to two and now atm its only one because she was havingtummy aches but yesterday she felt she needed three and when i gave it to her she didnt have any tummy ache ahhhh lol sometimes i just dnt know what to do lol.. i thought yoghurt would be something nice and new to try she sure did like the cream she managed to get out of my dessert at yum cha (i dnt think i will ever eat a full meal by myself again while shes around to steal it lol) i was worried it was going to make her sick but it didnt lol she knows what she can have better than i do!!!
    with teething i have no idea whats going on it looks like the tooth that is bothering her (where shes chewing the most and where u can kinda see a tooth shaped lump) is at the top at the side so i mean thats not even the one thats supposed to come yet lol.. u can feel the other teeth underneat the gums but they arent raised at all yet.. i have no idea about anything atm i feel like one very lost mummy!!
    haley - asha is sleeping through again i think that was a solids overload more than teething because we backed right off on the solids and she started sleeping through.. but i am pretty sure she is teething now, rosey red cheeks, lots of dribble, chewing on everything she can get in site, drinks less and winges in the afternoons i am so stumped if thats not what it is haha.. glad maddies getting better poor chicken!
    katie - deffinately would like to meet up!! do u mean this weekend as in easter weekend? or the one after? coz i am really flat out the weekend after (29th) as my friend is coming from melbourne and i have my first netball game too..
    renee - i rang them yesterday to make sure they recieved our application and see if theyd say much about it lol.. what they said was it would take two to three days because there were alot of applications so pretty sure we arent gonna get this one, which is dissapointing but there will be others.. asha has a chewy dummy thing must find where i put it she had it when i thought she was teething last time but couldnt really get the hang of it ..
    arte - deffinately agree he will be walking soon! what a clever boy!! apparantly i never crawled just went from bum scooting to walking lol maybe w will be the same..

Oops just realised, I meant another baby instead of 2nd baby Some of us already have a 2nd, and a 3rd!

Back to bed for me, I feel worse this morning! Rory woke up at 1:00am screaming, not crying screaming but SCREAMING. I think he has night terrors. I had to give him a cuddle and a bottle to settle him down.

Renee, I'm right with you there on feeling terrible. The crying(screaming) started yesterday afternoon at 5.30 and did not stop until 8.30....followed by 4 get-ups last night. What happened to my happy-to-go-to-bed baby?

Yep, definitely deferring on the uni. I just have to think about the exhausting shennanigans we've had with E not sleeping for the past 8 days with DH away and I'm baffled that I ever thought I could add ten or more hours of study a week on top of that. I just needed a few days and some sleep in order to get my sense of perspective back!

Noni, wow sounds like Asha's really having fun with the rolling, the inching is funny too, isn't it.

Wow all this talk of more babies...I look at E and think I'd love another little slice of baby perfection like her, but realistically it's not going to happen . DH is going to the vet on the 7th April. All the more reason to treasure every day of my littlest girl's babyhood.

hey everyone..
    well my mission to get yoghurt for asha was a little scary.. what are your thoughts on baby yoghurt? to me it seemed kinda sugary and like they justwacked a baby on the front and to sell it??? i ended up going with jalna yoghurt (not a baby one) thats more natural no added sugar or preservatives etc etc what does everyone think???

hi there everyone
    have just had to quickly skim through the last page - it seems like i've missed out on heaps! we are down at the beach for the week - although the weather isn't fantastic it's nice to have a break away from the everyday routine (it's getting me down at the moment - the housework side of things that is)
    Hannah has been waking a couple of times a night again - seems to be worse since she had her 6 month needles on Thursday. Missed out on her bowen therapy last week, so i'm looking forward to taking her again next week.
    she's waking now, so i've got to go. won't be able to log on again for a couple of days - dh has to go back to brissy for work and i'll be without his laptop
    hope you're all going well.

well the yoghurt was a huge hit!! never seen her open her mouth so wide lol.. will find out soon if it was ok to giver her adult yoghurt instead of a baby one.. i have heard the jalna one is recomended for babies because its the older style tub set yoghurt, so more natural lol who knows.. not me thats for sure

Hi JaZmum, good to 'see' you

Noni, remember a few weeks ago when you were waiting for her to roll lol, life was easier then

MD, sorry you had such a bad night. So far we haven't ever had a scream evening but I have probably just jinxed myself. Bet your DH isn't looking forward to his Dr visit.

Cally, hope your neice/nephew arrived safely

Ozstar, IKWYM about being thankful when family goes home, not that it isn't great to see them but so good to have your house back again

Renee, I would love to have a 2nd, I have been thinking about it for months. The only hold up is that I don't think I could give Will the attention he deserves if I get as sick as last time. I don't think I could BF through the morning sickness. And I know I should lose another 10kg to lessen my chance of GD. However, we aren't doing anything to stop it but AF isn't back yet anyways.

Well, the snot has progressed to green and he had a temp this morning. I got almost no sleep last night because everytime he stirred I had to pat him back to sleep before he woke up because he was too blocked to feed back to sleep. He must have felt bad this morning because he was cuddled against me watching T.V, he has never done that because he is always looking for the next thing to do. He seems happy this afternoon though, still a bit blocked but not too bad.

time for a new thread lovely ladies

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910