Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #22

Default Babies Born September 2007 #22

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Hi Hayley! I can't even remember what you said in your last post now LOL. Glad you thought the movie was good - I would like to see it too.

Here's a pic of my pressie

MD I am on the waiting list, but think I might go and get another referal.

Sherie hope you start to feel better soon. Thanks for reassuring me about your kids fontanelles, I am not to worried but DH is.

Gracie that pic of Lewis on thew lounge is so cute, he looks soooo comfortable you should have put a beer in his hand lol.

Noni huge congrats on the weight loss, your doing so well.

Leanne sounds like your in for a fun weekend.

Jaz your party sounds like fun. I cant wait to have birthday parties for Logan.

Cally and Gracie good luck with your mums groups tomorrow.

Hayley Maddie is so adorable, such a chubby little thing. Logan loves peek a boo and when I hide around a corner etc. He also loves singing and dancing.

I think I have to get to one of these mums and bubs movies soon, sound slike fun. I joined a playgroup yesterday, it starts in April and I am super excited.
    We are having morning tea with my antenatal class friends tomorrow then Logan has his needles.

Better go and get dinner started. Hi to Renee, Arte, Queenie, Agnes, Fianne and anyone else I have missed (sorry).
    Last edited by Ozstar; March 5th, 2008 at 07:55 PM.

Ozstar - I was wondering where you got to! What is a fontanelle? Geez I must sound stupid haha. Logan is growing up so fast, he is starting to look like a little boy now! Hope all goes well with his needles (im sure it will)

Sherie - I hope you feel better soon xoxox Like Hayley I have no idea what your prezzie is either LOL! I better go take a look at the pic Happy early annaversary haha!!

Noni - How is Asha now? Hope her rash has gone down.

Hayley - You forgot about me!!!! haha only joking! Yes we must so soon, it would be good to catch up! Love the pics of Maddie on fb, Soooo cute! I just want to give her a big cuddle. How is your studies going??

Rory has been getting up on all fours today! Eeeek! And he has now got two bottom teeth. Teething hadnt seemed to bother him up until today, he is a bit grumpy and sooky. He was up 4 times after 12:00 last night. At one point he was sobbing in his sleep. I felt awful It could of been that I gave him a rusk to late in the evening.

I have started taking those celebrity slim shakes to help me loose weight. Has anyone tried these before??

oh Sherie - Rory loves his highchair too! I mentioned on here a few days ago I was having trouble with Rory eating his food. But since he has been in his high chair he loves it! He thinks he is all grown up!

Sherie - great present!!

Gracie - thanks for the offer, I was really just interested in how similar the books are. I'm really enjoying 'sleeping like a baby', it calms me down and reminds me that what I am doing is fine (and that K is relatively normal)

Renee - the fontanelle is the soft spot on top of their heads where the skull doesn't join up when they're born. Wow, Rory will be moving before you know it!

Can't remember anything else.

I hardly feel like I got any time to myself today - went back to bed while K had her morning nap, then she only slept for 5 minutes in the afternoon (I cleaned the toilets in that time)! I tried resettling her, but she wasn't interested so got her up and tried again later - ended up going for a walk so she got 30 minutes then. Needless to say she hit the wall pretty early this evening!

MIL came around for a visit - I'm so over people telling me she's teething! She's been drooling for months now, crying at bedtime is not related to sore gums (otherwise it wouldn't stop the moment she came out of her room).

DH is at a work dinner so I got to let K kick in the bath - she loved it!! There was water everywhere, all over the wall and I won't need to water the plant in there for a while. I tipped water over her tummy so she wouldn't get cold and she ended up with very wrinkly little toes. So cute.

5:00 this morning (after 35 minutes of settling her after a feed) she fell asleep with my hand on her tummy and her hand resting on mine. It was so adorable, I wish I'd had the camera there.

my poor poppet i just dnt know whats wrong with her .. rash is gone.. last night when i was at the gym dp asked me to come home because he couldnt stop her crying and i put her to bed and she was fine.. but then this avo she cracked it for me and cried for about an hour, i tried feeding her, playing with her, putting her to bed the list goes on finally i gave in and gave her panadol and she calmed right down and went to sleep.. maybe teething? though theres no sign of teeth when i have a look.. maybe her tummy hurts from the constipation, no poo today but we had a few big ones the past few days that were the right consistancy almost so i thought she was getting better.. gosh its so frustrating sometimes when she cant tell me what she wants!!!
    cally - glad K enjoyed the kicking in the bath.. we put asha in her bath seat and she absolutely loves it, we got her a few toys and things too.. she used to hate the bath until recently.. did you tell dh about it or are u keeping it a secret lol?
    renee - have you had sliming shakes before? i heard it wasnt good to go on them because when u go off them ur body isnt used to food and dosnt know how to cope (there were actually reported deaths in the U.S).. apart from it making you not feel very good you apparantly gain all the weight back so its more of a short term solution.. please dnt think i am trying to put you down or anything just something i heard so thought id share, maybe look into it, wouldnt want you to hurt yourself... wow all fours and two teeth.. i have been trying my hardest to put asha on her tummy lately and it looks like she knows what shes ment to do but just cant do it lol like she will put one arm and leg forward and then roll over coz she loses balance lol
    ozstar - a lady from playgroup came to visit our mums group the other day to talk to us about a few things and sing songs looked like fun.. i think she was trying to encourage us all to join up after mums group is finished (in two weeks) i am thinking of joining gymbaroo when mothers group ends coz the closest one to us is on at the same time as mums group so cant go atm lol.

Renee, don't feel dumb about not knowing what the fontanelle was, I didn't either. W doesn't really have a soft spot on his head - I know where it is meant to be but all he has is a very thin line that you can sometimes see. No one has said anything about it though.

Gracie, sorry about AF. I still haven't got her back but I am certainly not in any hurry. Feeding W 4-5 times a night has to have some sort of benefit.

Sherie, hope you are feeling better.

Ozstar, hope Mr L's vaccinations go well. I had completely forgotten about the six month ones. Can't believe they are so big already.

I can't remember what if I already said, but I got a little thing for Will that has a handle and a little mesh bag that you can put food in. He has been loving it, today he managed to get through nearly half an apple (although a fair share went all over his clothes and face lol). I haven't been giving him any other solids because he isn't that into them and I didn't bring a baby spoon or any food with me to my mums.

My stupid furniture movers went down to pick up my stuff from the wharf today but didn't have I.D with them so they couldn't get in to pick it up. What truck driver doesn't carry his drivers licence with him! But then I found out later today that the paperwork hasn't been completed so they wouldn't have been able to get it anyway even though the guy told me that it was ready to pick up. Now I have been staying at mums since Sunday, it was supposed to be picked up on Monday but it has dragged out. It is really starting to p1ss me off.

We have decided not to buy a house at the moment because DH doesn't get the accommodation subsidy unless he is in a company house. It would cost us an extra $200 per week to live in our own house so we are going to be carefree for a while.

Arte - Carefree sounds perfect, especially with the rate rises - actually you wouldnt be affected in NZ would you? I've got a couple of those mesh bags, might have to whip one out tomorrow, do you mush up the apple a bit first??

Noni - Its hard when they cant tell you isnt it, I hope Asha is better now.

Cally - I hear you on the MIL saying its teething its teething, Maddie has been drooling for months too. MIL's always think they know your baby best!

Renee - Inviting you two totally slipped my mind, as I only decided last night that we would go to the movies today. When I was sitting in the cinema I thought oh bummer - would have been too late notice then anyway. Far out better start baby proofing the house, Rory will be on the loose soon! Uni is going good, its alot of work but it will be worth it in the end.

Katie - Definately give the mums and bubs movies a go, its great. All the bubs have a bit of a whinge but you dont notice at all.

Sherie - Oh no the link wasnt working for me, I'll give it another go! The bucket list (movie) was really good, def go see it.

Sherie its really nice, I also want one of those and have a perfect place for one too. Maybe one day. Ummm what the....carpet snake!! You know your a country girl when you can casually take a picture of a snake AT YOUR BACK DOOR, I'd be running a mile and calling the snake catcher!!!

Sherie, your buffet is absolutely lovely! Worth waiting to get such a nice one, I think. But I did wonder if I was getting a bit old because I knew what a buffet and hutch was and most of our younger ladies did not... Must be a generational thing PMSL.

Good to hear A is enjoying the highchair. I got mine out the other day in an attempt to have E sitting up next to me at the desk (she likes chucking her toys down) but the joy lasted all of 5 minutes. I don't think she'll like it until the food comes out, I'm pretty sure she'll be a happy eater.

Gracie, wow at the Hannah Montana cake, that's pretty woowee, although I don't think I could organise the purple piped cream around the sides...like cooking with breadcrumbs, piping just isn't in my repertoire LOL.

Hayley, I'm glad you said you enjoyed the Bucket List, am thinking of taking in a mumsnbubs session myself tomorrow. Will know to arrive early to get one of the 'good' pram parks tho LOL. BTW, excellent tip with the pop up toy and the peekaboo. I was doing a modified peekaboo the other day by holding a big soft toy in front of my face, E found it most amusing. Her other favorite game right now involves putting a few duplo blocks or links (ie small and hard) in to a smallish tupperware container and she loves banging them about and tipping it over so they all go everywhere! Works well in the Bebepod too.

Arte, bummer about your furniture! Glad tho that you can be carefree and reap a financial benefit at the same time.

Went to an ABA meeting tonight, the topic was breastfeeding and work, and just another reminder that the year is rolling on towards the day that I wave E good bye and trundle into work. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and they will be very flexible for me, but I'm really enjoying being a SAHM even if I've had my project work in the middle of it all.

Marydean - Do you have the option of going back full-time or part-time? How is your DH? I have the worse memory but isnt he away atm? Or was that JazMum? Crumbs, im terrible!

Art - What a dodgy truck driver not carrying his lic with him! Moving house is always a drama. Lets hope its smooth sailing from here on out!

Noni - Has the weather been up and down? I find the changes in the weather gets Rory a bit touchy sometimes. SOunds strange doesnt it. How is she today?
    My dad lost 20kg + when he was having the shakes and soups but he did end up putting a bit back on. Im already at the stage where if I look at another damn shake Im going to run in front of a damn bus!

Hayley - haha thats okay. Im glad you enjoyed it! Who did you end up going with? My mum wants to go see that bucket list. I put Mango into Rory's mesh dummy thing, although he didnt like the mango it was easier for him to bite on and squish.

Rory managed to get himself under the coffee table and position himself so he was just under the draws so he could lift his arms up and try open them! I was in the kitchen and I could hear him banging the handle! Jeepers Hayley Is right, im really going to have to baby-proof the house.

I need some ideas guys! Work hasnt called me in for any casual work. Im only doing a couple of hours of typing per week. All my girlfriends are at uni full-time. Mum works almost full time now. I really need something to do to get Rory and I out of the house. Or atleast activites we can do together. I dont know Iv ebeen thinking about doing something crafty for myself...

Hi Renee, yep it was my DH away, then back again, then away again, etc on and on. It's gotten so that he's too scared to tell me when he has to go away again, this is what has become of our marriage!!! (oh, and cos I"m so scary LOL)

Jazmum's DH was away too, when she was planning birthday parties, no less!

Ok, ideas to get you out of the house-
    For Rory - playgroup, Kindergym/Gymbaroo, little kiddy music sessions, also check at your MACH centre if they have any planned come and play activities, swimming lessons, storytime at the library, etc.

For you - playgroup, pram walking sessions, class at the gym, mums n bubs yoga, local community centres often have a craft/activity group for mums with preschoolers, with a creche, so you can go along and do some craft while your bub is minded in the next room. Mums N bubs cinema sessions, or maybe even a night class (I dunno, Thai cooking or something) so Dwayne can mind R while you go out. Otherwise, maybe consider a morning/afternoon a week in care so you can just get out and wander the streets without a permanent pram attachment! LOL Craftwise there are squillions of things you could do, scrapbooking's prolly a good one with all the photies you've been taking!

Renee - swimming lessons!! K and I are starting on Monday week, will be good to get out of the house for that.

MD - I must be one of those older ones, I knew what a buffet and hutch was! 6 months down of mat leave, 6 to go....

Those that have the mesh feeders, do you cook stuff before you put them in or do they just chew and get the juices out?

Jazmum - how was the Bowen Therapy?

Arte - sounds like a good idea to stick with the subsidy for now. Then you can give the town a good shot too and work out where you would want to live.

Aahh, don't you just love it when they poo just as they start to settle in the middle of the night??

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Well its only 2 more sleeps and DH is home. I let Xavier sleep in my bed last night cause I was cold and he is warm so I snuggled up to him all night. Oh well I better go as I have heaps of work to do.

Hello to everyone and have a great night.

Cally, how's the sleeping going...? Really interested to hear if there's been any progress at your house!

MD - I am still resettling her without a feed if she wakes less than 5 hours from initially going down. That generally works within 30 minutes, if not I feed (only done that once). The last couple of nights she has gone for more than 5 hours so I fed her when she woke. Both nights still had 2 night feeds, the first feed she went down and fell asleep straight away or within 5 minutes. The next feed she was unsettled, did a poo after 20 minutes, then resettled in another 20 minutes after a nappy change. So at the moment I actually get back to bed faster if I don't feed her!! Today I've had 15 minutes sleep since 5:10 (she finally was aleep at 6:15, only to wake at 7:15 and it took me 45 minutes to get back to sleep) - feeling pretty good actually compared to normal, hopefully will crash when my head hits the pillow.

In summary though I don't think there has been much progress. We have decided not to talk about her sleeping issues with others because I am over the excuses / solutions everyone keeps offering! (Of course I reserve the right to whinge to you ladies when I need to!!) 'Sleeping Like a Baby' has been good, will have to get DH to read some of it.

How is it going in your neck of the woods?

Pinky is speaking at a sleep seminar - March 27, Convention Centre. It was in an email newsletter Kelly sent around the other day.

Leanne - that sounds nice, snuggling up to a little body all night!

Cally, I think it's a really good idea to stop talking about it, it takes up too much emotional energy. Just do what works on any given night and eventually it will get easier. The midnight pooing's a PITA though, save it for daytime Katie!

We've had a few nights where E has slept really really well (ie only one get up) and a few where we have been up 3 or 4 times. But with DH home we're pretty relaxed about it. I've started feeding E in bed sometimes too which helps you to feel like you've had more sleep (even if you haven't). Plus we can get away with really dim lighting now whereas when I was having attachment problems we always had to have a slightly brighter lamp on which always made E wake up more.

Bummer we won't be here on the 27th. Will you come up for it?

hello hello
    just finished up my 5 little ducks lol.. rennee if ur looking for something crafty to do and entertain rory this might be it.. i made finger puppets for the song 5 little ducks went out one day u knw?? ive still gotta make the mummy duck.. they look more like chickens then ducks lol but hey asha likes them...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast