Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #22

Hi, back from the black hole
    Just had the chance to go online and wow lots of things have been happening around here.
    Havent had a chance to read properly, sorry for lack of personals.

HAPPY 6 Months & 6 months-to-be September babies!!!

My office arranged for a one time kindergym session for all the new mums the other day. It was fun until he fell to the floorboard A little bump on his forehead.
    He is not crawling yet but sort of moving backwards when on his tummy, and moving in circles. Sometimes he is on all fours. He loves to blow kisses and i love it too.
    He is going to childcare in 2 weeks time but doesnt want ebm or solid. Any ideas? I started a thread on this as well.

Gotta go now, mums group decided to meet at the shopping centre cause the weather is just crazy 40deg in autumn!

Happy weekend!

BTW, MD - to me you are a superwoman indeed!

Surprising Madeline slept well last night, it was me that kept getting up to check on her. She was coughing in her sleep throughout the night, sounded horrible. Hate it when she is sick.

Noni - Maddie is a younger one too, she was born Sept 27. Good luck with the house hunting.

Agnes - 40 deg you poor thing, its a much cooler 26 here today thank goodness. So over the hot weather, bring on winter.

Leemar - Lucky you, I so need a holiday!

Katie - With DP I say bellybelly (and he knows what I'm on about). Sometimes DP if he has a question he says have you asked the girls on bellybelly yet haha! With other people I just say someone I know...

Cally - For day sleeps I just tuck a blankie around Maddie, but at night I pop her into the grobag. I have just bought two 2.5 tog grobags for winter and I also got two 1.0 togs. I buy two of each because if you are washing one you've always got the second one to use. Only bummer is they are pricy, but I get mine from bloomandgrowdirect and last purchase they had a 50% sale. Always check them out they often have sales, so much cheaper than buying in Aus and they are always delivered safe and sound.

Charlismumma - I love the name Charli btw, it was on our shortlist, but obviously Madeline won! I have heard nothing but good things about the dr browns bottles.

Tonight is experiment night. I have upped Maddie's bottles to 240 so she will take 4 during the day and I am not going to do a dreamfeed at 9pm. We'll see what happens I guess.

Anyone into gardening? I need to get stuck into it today, I am not a big gardner and would love to pay someone to do it for me, but they charge a bomb. So I guess I have no choice but to do it myself if I want to keep it looking half decent!!

Agnes - Happy 6 months to Will for today!!!

Hayley lol my DH does the exact same thing, he always asks have I checked with BellyBelly.

Leanne have fun in Melb.

Cally I was wondering how many sleeping bags to get for winter too.

charli'smumma I am in Molendinar.

Noni I meant to say earlier taht I will be in Blacktown next weekend. We should try and catch up for Coffee at Westpoint.

My DH told his dad that we have to take L to the pead, he only half listened like usual and so I have been fielding calls for the last two days about L's apparent operation. I keep having to tell everyone that there is no operation and it isnt even anything serious. DH has been banned from telling FIL anything.

Oh F%&@! Just lost my post! It was a goody too.

Happy Half Birthdays, to Noah and Will!

V tired today. It was 2.00 am and I still had not slept for even a minute last night - contemplating HariKiri on the bedpost - it's been like this for the last 4 nights, don't know what's gotten into E at all! DH still away so I'm not getting make-up naps either. Funny how you can go from reasonably well rested to NUTSO sleep deprived in only 4 nights.

Hayley, get a gardener! We had one last year when DH was away - $60/hour once a month does mowing, edges trimmed, weeds sprayed, compost spread about, and leaves blower-vac'd. Wish DH would get out there an do all that once a month! Hope M is better soon

Cally, we still wrap, we have this 100% cotton cot sheet (dense weave) that doesn't slip and therefore she has to work quite hard to get out of it, advanced baby-wrapping skills here! LOL. Prolly won't do sleeping bags for that reason. BTW take your MIL up on her offer - she'll stop asking if you say no too many times.

Leanne, you jet-setter you! Bit envious really

C'smumma - hehe did you get through your cafe visit without a poo? LOL E hasn't done one since Monday and we reckon she's saving it up for DH when he gets home! H (my eldest DD) was in stitches over it last night.

Noni, hope you find something perfect house wise soon. Good tip re the formula sachets, too, BTW.

Katie, I just say "my friend who's baby's the same age as E" hehe cos you're all good friends and I don't know where I'd be without you!

Arte, LOL at Mr Bean Moment! Yep some are pretty funny. H came out pretty squished and I now wonder if other ppl thought she looked a bit weird (we just thought she was gorgeous)! LOL

Sherie, I hear you on the hot chip thing, I just want to scream "She's got the rest of her life to eat hot chips!" Hehe last time we just told everyone H was on a restricted allergy-prevention diet. Might say that this time round again, even though we won't be doing the diet. A little mummy porky pie! I like your idea of a street party but because there's a low side and a high side and it's a really busy road there are no front lawns to have it on.

Re Easter we'll be in Adelaide so I can gorge myself on Haighs, we might even do a factory tour ! Well the Easter bunny's been a bit slow this year, no idea what to do for E, but I like your idea of a nice egg cup. Last year for a friend's little boy, we got this soft egg that unzips and there was a v.cute tufty-headed little duck on the inside (got it at Kmart). Taking DD1 googy shopping tonight after chinese soup, gotta get something for the FDC lady and teacher.

MD- How long are you in Adelaide for? When does DH come home? Good Idea on the Easter pressie for E. I am not sure if I will buy Olivia anything. Although I did buy the boys a toy for their first easter.

Agnes- Welcome back

Hey has anyone heard from LP lately.

Leanne, we're going for a whole week and two weekends! I can't wait for everyone to meet my bella Elisabetta, plus it's a really big time in our family because my dad and sis weren't talking for nearly decade and there's now been a reconciliation so it will be the first time in a long time that the whole family is together the way it should be.

MD- I hope you and your family have a really wonderful time

MD - That sounds great that the whole family will be together. So sorry about E staying up all night, hopefully she crashes tonight. I've still been using our muslin wraps, might try one of the sheets instead next time.

LP still seems to be missing. Hope everything is all right with her.

Oz - MIL is like that, only listens to half the story and then worries too much.

Hayley - good luck tonight without the dreamfeed. I'm super jealous of your sleeping baby! I use the grobags at night too, the wrap is just easier during the day. I'm thinking we might need to use one for daysleeps though over winter, maybe the lightweight one for daysleeps because her room won't be that much cooler than the rest of the house. I'll keep that as an option if MD's sheets don't work out.

She had her best morning sleep this morning in 8 days! Yay! She's had shocking days lately, hope they improve soon. Yesterday and the day before she only did 1.25 hours total all day! So far she's past that already.

Well I was reading through the posts and I only got as far as Hayleys. Now im off to do some weeding LOL! Ive been meaning to do it for ages. Thanx for the motivation haha

Did you hear Rudd is thinking about scrapping the baby bonus? Then I heard he is talking about taking it up to $5000.

Will be back later to read all the posts

hey all
    bit frazzled atm, not having much sleep, drinking too much sugarfree v and losing my mind lol.. i kinda feel like i am on amphetamines but i'm not haha its crazy i keep forgetting things and blanking.. just so many things going on atm i'm losing the plot a little lol oh well.. i went to the dr and he told me to stop drinking v for a while and take some valium to bring the mood down coz i am kinda up in the rafters atm lol but i cant really function on valium very well and i have to see family this weekend and they wont understand ahhhhh brain is going a million miles an hour!!!
    renee - it had been planned to go up to 5000 in july anyway and then that was as high as it was gonna get apparantly.. i know now if ur under 18 u can only get it in installments (the lady at centrelink asked me how old i was before she looked at my papers hahaha) hed be gutsy to take it away alotof ppl would be angry about that!
    cally - asha is like that not a day sleeper at all so when she dosnt sleep through the night for one reason or another i am absolutely buggered!!!
    leanne - have a good time on your family vacation
    md - goggy lol havntheard that in aaaaaages!!! hope it cools down before you go to adelaide hear its been shocking over there!! i thought haighs was in melbourne?? confused!!
    katie - sounds great!! what you doing in blacktown??
    haley - maddie and asha are only 1 day apart lol i am sure i noticed that before and just forgot!! was it you worried about the developmemt stuff? coz on the rolling front asha only did that like half a week ago, she rolled from tummy to back a few times and then never did it again but as soon as she figured out from back to tummy now she does it all the time and instantly started trying to crawl too it all kinda hit at once so i am sure maddie will start soon!!
    good to see you posting agnes

Hi Hayley, we kind of named Charli after my pop, but we decided to drop the "e" from the end to make it look more feminine. I thought about naming her Charlize and just calling her Charli for short, but DH wouldn't have a bar of Charlize.

Madeline is a nice name too!

Marydean, no, I was very surprised. I ended up being out for about 5 hours and no pooey nappy! I left Charli with DH later this arvo while I went to do the groceries and she did a nice big one just for Daddy oh she's a good girl! haha

Uh oh I can feel a sore throat coming on. Poor Mad's is sounding worse, she did not settle till 8.30 tonight, she was just miserable. DP cuddled her off to sleep he felt so sorry for her.

Cmumma - How is your DH with changing a pooey nappy? Mine is still terrible, gags and all.

Cally - Yes she is a good sleeper my Maddie but I'm wondering how long it will last. I have had a fairly easy going 6 months with her and she is such a placid girl, so hopefully it will last. I bet the roles will be reversed with the second bub though, you will have a sleeper and I'll have a bub keeping me up at all hours!! Oh well what can you do, they are all different.

Noni - Thanks for your reassurance re the whole development thing. I tend to be a paranoid first time mum and take what everyone is telling me seriously. However I was suprised to see Maddie lift herself up off her tummy today with her arms, only for a few seconds but she is getting there. I think she was saying 'take that' to the know it all physio lol. Gosh girl hope you can get some sleep tonight and sort out your frazzled mind hahaha! I cant function unless I've had 8 hrs!

Renee - How did the weeding go? Was a good day for the garden wasnt it, not too hot. Such a pain though, I so need a gardener! I also heard that rudd was thinking of means testing the baby bonus.

Marydean - Thats good that your dad and sis are talking again. 10 yrs of no talking is huge! Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight.

I was reading today about sleeping for babies, and apparently if you get the day sleeps right, settling at night time is so much easier and the baby is more likely to sleep. Does this ring true for any of you? I find it is so true for Maddie, if she has had a crappy day of sleeping she is alot harder to settle at night. Reason I was reading was because the know it all physio told me I need to reduce her day sleeps, she is a real sleeper this one and has 3-4 hour naps during the day. I thought it was normal and there is no way I am planning on trying to reduce her daytime sleeps, she will be grumpy otherwise. Besides why change something that is working!?

Haley, I got the day sleeps sorted out and night time fell apart. Now he is up 4+ times a night. If you are happy then don't mess with a good thing I say! And yay to maddie for lifting herself up - it always seems that as soon as you post about something they aren't doing they start doing it lol

Noni, hope your mind is feeling calmer. I have a new respect for you, after living in a tiny house for a week I am going slightly nuts I don't know how you have done it for so long! I have my fingers crossed you get to move into something bigger soon.

Poo nappies have become a mission lately because the second the nappy is undone he is trying to play with his doodle so you have to try to hold his hands out of the way while trying to clean it up.

arte- thanks it does do your head in living in a tiny space.. thing is some stuff went down with my cousin and we cant move with them anymore.. i wont go into it but basically she did something really nasty that made us see living with her would have been hell anyway.. now we are on the hunt for a small 2 bedroom house coz its all we have hope of affording and wed atleast have our own space
    haley - i agree if its working dont change it lol sets youself up for disaster i think!! well done to her sticking it to the physio haha..
    carlismum- oh i wish Asha woud save her big stinky nappies for daddy!! or spew on him instead one day...

haha, yeah DH still gags when he changes a pooey nappy. He's only changed 6 so far! Thats why I love it when Charli saves it up for when he is looking after her

Charli has NEVER been a good day sleeper. However she started sleeping through the night at 11 weeks so I guess I can kind of handle the lack of daytime naps. She has 2 or 3 catnaps per day but they are for 45 minutes at the maximum.

Hi girls,

Well I am just waiting for my lift to the airport then I am off.

Noni- You poor love I just want to come and give you a big hug :hugs: I think we all get like that I know I do. I hope you find your house soon.

Well bye for now and I will be back on before thursday.

Have a wonderful weekend to all

Hayley - I find that very true. The longer Rory naps during the day the better he sleeps during the night. I always remember someone telling me sleep breeds good sleep.....or something like that LOL! Rory has about 3 x 1 - 1 & 1/2 hour naps and goes down at 7:30pm and sleeps through to 7:30am. Although now when he wakes up he doesnt cry, just plays in his cot and sometimes I sleep in to 8:00 EEK!
    I got the gardening done but now im as red as a lobster. Im too fair to even go out in the sun for 5 min but it was such a beautiful day!
    YAY for maddy lifting her self up. You go grrrlfriend I agree with Art, dont mess with a good thing! Hope you and Maddy are feeling better soon. Poor luvs.

Noni - I hope you find something soon and you can relax Would an apartment be suitable? Did you get a better nights sleep last night?? I cant drink V's or redbull, I flip out

OzStar - I say my 'September group"

Leemar - Have a super dooper great holiday, you lucky duck you! Hope Olivia & the boys have a blast.

Art - Oh no! Gawd nappy chaging is hard enough with Rory rolling every 5 seconds. I hope he doesnt discover his willy anytime soon LOL.....maybe when he is in his teens hahah Will sounds like he will be on the move anytime now!

Happy 6 months Katie, Noah and Will!!!!!!!!!!

Marydean - How did E go last night? Are there any signs of teething? Hope your feeling better. I have never heard of Haighs before but it sounds YUMMO!! DH was in Adelaide, I should of got him to bring me some back.

Chari'smumma - *high-five* Charli! Good work saving that nappy for daddy haha.

I have I remembered everyone. I think I missed a whole page of posts...DOH! Well I better run I have to jump into the shower, go to the furniture shop to check out some wood chests (that ill use as a toy box) to put infront of the powerpoint, collect my pay, go to my Aunty's 45 mins away to pick up a suprise they have for Rory and get home in time for Dwayne to take me out to dinner & the movies. We have been arguing like cats and dogs so we are making it a 'date'.

Oh I put Rory in one of his 00 jumpsuits last night as the mornings are getting cold and he keeps wiggling out of his blankets. I forgot how cuddly and cute they look in them!I just wanted to squeeeeeze him haha

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!!!!!!!! XXOXOX love you all

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast