Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #23

Hayley - How long did Maddie have her cold for?? Can I leave the vapouriser on through the night?? Should I leave the door open? I just walked in his room and the walls are wet!

Should I go to the dr about AF arriving when im in the middle of taking the pill??

Renee, that's happened to me too this month and it never has before. I'm waiting to see what happens when I get AF again and then make an appointment, but in my case I think it may be my endo problems coming back

LOL sherie at living vicariously through me, you would not think that today - was up all night with poor Noah plus I have the flu now... it was prob our worst night ever.DH was wonderful and really tried to do it all last night (hard since still b/f) but Noah just kept screaming and wanting me (not easy for any of us that one). He was ok today, but didnt sleep as much as he has been - just put him down now and I can hear him coughing so I really hope he does manage to have a good sleep tonight. Amazing about A's crawling. Did I mention that my nephew (12 days older than Noah) has learnt how to pull himself up to standing? Amazing! I find it quite interesting how they develop at diff paces - have learnt not to worry about it (you would remember i was worried when N was slowish to roll). The funniest thing happened today tho, i have NEVER seen N roll from front to back... and then he was in his cot and a little upset (we are trying to get him to take a bottle without a lot of success at the moment and it wasnt a great 1/2 hr) anyway DH saw him shuffle on front from one end of cot to other (in about 20 secs) and then roll from front to back... hmmmmm, i think i have a cheeky boy on my hands as he usually yells out for me to roll him back!!! it is amazing what they can do if they have to!!! sorry that was a little off topic!! but a funny story i thought.
    Renee - re the vaporiser, i leave it on all night, but mine doesnt make the walls wet - can you turn it down a bit? I think it helps (I remember having one when i was little too). I hope Rory is feeling better soon poor little man!
    Cally CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I remember when you found out she was preg! It is so great they are so close together - I love having my SIL on this journey with me and it is nice for the cousins too - well it will be when they are older.
    Gracie - N does that too with the nipple and then he laughs.. cheeky tiger! i keep telling him he wont be a hit with the ladies with that sort of behaviour! I dont know what to do about it. I take him off and hold him up for a few secs, but he seems to now think that is part of the game!
    Hi to everyone else - gotta run i can hear the little man has woken himself with his coughing...
    off to noosa tomorrow - cant wait!

Renee - Yes you will need to leave Rory's door open. Maddie has just got over her cold, but the cough is still lingering. I left Maddie's on all night but we topped it up with more water before we went to bed. I found it worked so well, I turned it off once and an hr later she was coughing like mad. I put it back on and once it had got going, she slept peacefully.

Pregpan - I hope Noah gets better soon! The coughing is terrible and they wake up so distressed!

Sherie - Thanks for that I'll check it out.

Noni - The easter egg kebabs look so cute!

I just had a bit of a success with solids and I'm starting to feel more confident about it. Maddie had a mixture of potato and pumpkin for tea with her bottle. Before that I gave her a piece of pear in the mesh bag, which she devoured. Well she sucked away on it anyway and got the juice out of it, but she didnt actually 'eat' any of the pear. Then I tried to give her a piece of pear to hold in her hand, and she sucked away on it, but she bit a piece off and coughed a bit on it WHOOPS I think I got over confident lol.

Good evening Everyone

ARTECHIM, have you travelled on the plane with bub before? We are off to visit the IL's in Perth in 2 weeks time and I'm quite nervous about the 5 hour flight with Charli. I'm also a bit worried about how she'll go sleeping at night in a different environment (and in a portacot). Does anyone have any travel tips???

RENEE, haha about Chris Judd! DH is a diehard WCE supporter (oh and of course he has a west coast dummy for Charli and wants her to get used to that one before we head over to Perth). He's trying to keep his faith in the weagles me thinks.
    I hope little Rory is feeling better soon. Oh yeah, have you only just recently gone back on the pill? When I first went back on it after having Charli I got a bit of AF in the middle of the cycle then when I got the proper AF that month is was extremely heavy the first day or 2 (almost felt like I'd just had a baby again). My OB told me it was just my body re-adjusting and I haven't had a problem since. So perhaps that's what is going on with you?

NONI, don't be worried at all about where Asha is at. Charli is probably behind her. She rolls heaps and kind of moves herself around on the playmat but she hasn't shown any signs of crawling yet at all. All bubs are different and my motto is - enjoy them while they're babies because they are just going to grow up too quickly

SHERI, sounds like little Alister is in the lead in the crawling stakes. Looks like we're all about to start running around after our bubs a whole lot more very soon! Playgroup was good thanks. Charli was a little grissly though so I was worried she might be feeling a bit off but she went to bed tonight no problems.

HAYLEY, I'm so glad you are loving your degree. Wow you must be so busy doing a dual degree. How many days a week do you go to Uni? Are you finding it all okay? Does Maddie go to the creche there? Do you have to pay for that? Yes it was disappointing that ACU in brisbane would not let me enrol part time. Especially when I know that ACU in Melbourne DOES let their students enrol part time. Anyway, everything happens for a reason i guess and now that I know Uni of QLD has a much better structured course I'll be trying my hardest to get into the BMid there instead. I just can't wait to do my midwifery!

Anyway, better go!

Happy Easter Everyone

Take care and be safe . . .

Tamara

Renee - I am not on the pill yet, so naughty!!!

Tamara - This is my first year and I am only doing one unit this semester, to ease my way into studying and most importantly because Maddie is still too young for me to leave her for too long. Besides I get seperation anxiety hehe. Yep Maddie is in the creche, its $7 and hr and the carers at the creche are excellent. They are so nice, and the best part is Maddie is always the only baby and she gets so much attention. Even all the little girls at creche love her to bits and have cuddles. You will get to do your midwifery eventually, such a rewarding job. Dont think I could do it because I am so emotional and would be bursting into tears of joy at every birth!!

Noni - Maddie is a day older than Asha and still no rolling, let alone starting to crawl. So I wouldnt worry about it.

Hello lovelies (*MD puts on her big fluffy bunny ears and shouts*) Happy Easter Everyone!! Hope the bunny gets it right this year!

Well we're about to embark on our family holiday . It's a bit fraught right now because DD1 has this horrible chicken-poxy rash (it's not the pox, prolly bacterial) which means no cuddles for Grandma who's a donor tissue recipient (!) Hopefully it will get better over the next day or three so we can all spend some time later in the week

Csmumma, for some reason they sleep magically well in their portacots...Well that's DH's theory anyway . Hoping we get some good sleeping on our holiday.

Sherie, I did a big loud Woohoo when I read that Alister's crawling, and DH came running over to hear all about it! How exciting for everyone.

Gracie, when H used to bite me, I would say "no!" in a loud voice and take her off and put her down straight away. She only did it twice, after that. Also, if you're watching them, you'll see their jaw move just before they bite (they have to open their jaw to put their tongue out of the way) --- so that way you can pull them off before they get a chance to bite.

E had her first taste of rice cereal today...hehehe the look on her face was classic! DD1 amused herself for several minutes afterwards by putting a clean spoon up to E's mouth and watching her make 'the face' again, over and over! She's still got a bit of a tongue thrust, but in a couple of days I'll add a tiny bit of pear and see if that gets sucked in a bit more readily!

Cally I can't remember if I said Congrats on your auntie-hood! BTW my hairdresser was talking about Ikea again yesterday and she thinks it's in the spot where the DFO is being built...maybe it's just wishful thinking!

ETA - our Tinytalk pack has arrived from ebay ! We're starting with "milk" "more" and "car" (since we'll be driving around a lot over the next week) *claps hands* it's soooo exciting, I can't wait for E's first sign!

Well I'll love you all and leave you, gotta go pack before E's ready for her sleep again - have a wonderful long weekend with your gorgeous little chickens, everyone!
    Last edited by AnyDream; March 21st, 2008 at 09:14 AM.

goodmorning all
    this morning when asha woke up for her feed (she was in our bed already) she was next to the bedside table (id already started to heat the bottle etc was up wouldnt put her on the edge if i wasnt there lol) she stopped crying, rolled over and started trying to grab the empty bottle.. but the thing was the empty one was covered in milk residue so it looked like it had milk in it and she picked that one over the one which just had water in it lol i couldnt believe it!! the then knocked it off the bedside table onto the bed and proceeded to try and put it in her mouth it was so cute, shes getting so smart!!
    haley - thanks its so hard not to spend all the time worrying!! gotta let myself relax and enjoy it all!! oh and congrats on the solids sounds like if she coughed it out shes ok with it if that makes sence i mean she wasnt chocking... i am no expert at that stuff though asha is still having her pieces of things in her mesh bag lol i am a chicken!!
    tamara- we went to melbourne when asha was 4 1/2 mths by plane.. not as far i know but we didnt really have much trouble with her.. we found she was fine on take off and actually fell asleep both times mid talke off lol but the way down did seem to get to her esppecially if it was a slow decent like when we were coming home.. we found feeding her even if she wasnt due to feed was the only way we could help her (they say it helps release the pressure for them as they cant do it themselves) if she is breastfeed thats pretty easy.. if not (ashas bottle fed) i just asked one of the cabin crew to bring me a cup of hot water or put the bottle at the back in hot water so i could heat it up.. they were very helpful.. as for the portscot issue, i lined the portacot the hotel gave me with a few of her bunny rugs like over the sheet, ones she had spewed on chewed on cuddled etc u know ones she was very familiar with and were nice and soft, asha also has a comfort toy for bedtime so she had that.. but i made sure i took her own blankets too and sort of simulated her own bed at home.. if u have a bedtime cd or mobile or something id suggest you take that too.. just make it as much like home as u can
    pregpan - woa at your nephew!! it really is interesting isnt it!! i think artes W is doing that too??? hows the little man doing?? hope hes much better today!!
    sherie - woot woot go master A what a champion!! love the pic too he looks like he has thinned out a bit (not in an unhealthy way) do u think thats coz hes on the go now?
    renee - how is Rory this morning?? lots better i hope! did u get the vaporisor sorted?? great invention! shame i gave mine away a few years ago.. oh well it was pretty old anyway good excuse to get something newer if asha gets sick..
    arte - lol the dog just started to like him more!!! thats really interesting that infant led weaning.. i am really scared to give asha a piece of something not in a mesh bag lol but shes the type to just ram the whole thing in her mouth haha thats what she does with everything else atm!! glad hes going well sounds like hes a very smart little man!!

Happy Easter Lovelies!!

i have just eaten a whole Haig's bilby mmmmm so good!

hehe Gracie, you're norti! That said though, the Easter Bunny must think that Alister has my taste in chocolate and will be leaving him a Lindt Gold Bunny and a Cadbury's fine milk choc bunny and some little Lindt solid eggs

Noni, funny you should say that about him thinning out - MIL said that today too when we were there for lunch and I think his legs and arms have gotten longer too. Asha is a clever little chicken, she knows what she wants.

Marydean, Oh no at H getting the rash and not being able to get Grandma hugs, fingers crossed it clears up quickly. You will have to let us know how the tinytalk goes too. I hope you all have a fab time on holidays. Did you get a pic for posterity of Miss E's first taste of cereal? What a meanie H was to tease her with the spoon

Renee, how is Rory today? Its awful when they get a cold.

Tamara, the only time we travelled with a baby around this age was when our second child was nearly 6mths old and she was never a great traveller over long distance and we went to Forster (about 10hrs from here) and she screamed nearly the entire time she was awake - made for a very long trip. the only thing I can offer is to take some comfort items for her so when she goes to bed she still have her own blanket etc.

So how did everyone spend their Good Friday? The kids and I just went to lunch at the IL's and SIL and her DP came down (they are 3hrs nth of here). DH was in bed sleeping having started nightshift last night. Tomorrow we are doing easter bags ready for Sunday.

Hello everyone! thanks so much for the baby travel tips. MD, I hope you are right about the portacot! And I hope your daughter is feeling better.
    And Noni, Charli is bottlefed too so I'll be making sure I have more than enough with me on the trip. Someone mentioned to me to make sure I have more than I need in case the plane is delayed - which is a really good point!
    Sherie, I sooo hope Charli doesn't scream on the plane. I have my

We had a pretty low key Good Friday. DH has just gone off to pick up fish & chips for dinner. We will be heading up to Brisvegas on Sunday to spend the day with the rellies.

Have a lovely Easter everyone.

Morning lovely ladies, hope you are all having a fantastic easter!! You must be as its very quiet in here. I am enjoying having DP at home its great.
    Somebody save me...the in laws are coming to stay tonight. On a more happier note, we are all going to the first eagles game tonight so that will be good. Maddie has got a babysitter, couldnt keep her entertained for that amount of time sitting down. She is a baby eagle member though, they sent her a pink eagles scarf and beanie, its so cute.

Renee - How is Rory going? Maddie was sick for about a week really. She still has the terrible cough now and then but its not bothering her at night anymore.

Tamara - Good idea about having more bottles/forumula than needed. You never know what could happen so best to be prepared. Hopefully the portacot theory rings true with you guys!

Sherie - My mum bought Maddie a peter rabbit egg - obviously she wont eat it, so looks like I'll be eating it woo hoo! What are easter bags? Do you do the egg hunt in the garden with the kids? My mum used to set that up for us and also she'd leave a piece of fluff somewhere and say look the bunny has been!!! lol.

Noni - The mesh bags are great arent they? Yesterday I gave Maddie some watermelon in the mesh bag, yum mum! However think that was a bit naughty, dont want her to have a sweet tooth like her father.

Marydean - Enjoy your family holiday!!!

Bummer wish we had of gone camping or something. Next yr!

afternoon everyone
    gee its quiet in here today hope its coz everyones having a lovely easter
    Asha and i met Katie and Logan today which was very exciting!! Logan is such a cutie, its funny how much bubs seem to differ from there photos, photos just dont do them justice!!! was great to put a face to a name if u know what i mean..
    had a bbq lunch this avo at my mums place and probably ate too much chocolate lol ohhhh well what can u do?? Asha has been spoilt as usual.. mum and her husband got her a book, t shirt and some socks.. my nan and pop left a present for her when they were there briefly which was a bunnykins spoon and fork and a lovely easter card!! i know my dad and his g/f have her a bunnykins mug with an egg in it and we got her a peter rabbit egg cup with egg in it lol then we are seeing dps family tmw lol..
    was just thinking asha has so much nice stuff stored away it would be nice to get a cabinet or something to put it all in.. shes got a bunnykins mug from when she was born as well as the one she is about to get one expensive cuttlery set (forget the brand right now) the bunnykins spoon and fork the egg cup lol shes sooo spoilt!!!
    haley - ohh watermellon i bet she loved that!! i couldnt give her that atm as she eats in her bouncer lol and even though it is machine washable she does need her bouncer alot lol or want it anyway and i worry about washing it (i do wash it lol but it has to be at a carefully selected time lol).. we are probably going to ikea tommorrow though to get her a high chair so that will sort that problem!! asha has only had apple and pear in it so far i am wondering what i will put next??
    charlismumma- gosh i am glad we didnt get delayed when travelling to melb coz u know what i never thought of bring extra feeds lol oops that could have been a disaster!!!
    sherie - we didnt do anything on good friday lol i sat at home eating chocolate when i shouldnt have been lol i have about ten points to make back before i am even on even little own losing weight for my wi this week lol..
    HAVE A HAPPY EASTER MUMS BUBS AND FAMILY

Hi Noni! that would have been great to meet Katie and Logan - did either of you get a pic? My plan for eating chocolate is basically eat all I can tomorrow and by monday I will be over it all LOL and not want anymore

LOL Hayley, I hope the IL's visit goes painfree The easter bags are just brown paper bags that the kids decorate and leave them out for the easter bunny. Lindsay is being quite clever and telling the girls tht the easter bunny is just me, but they wont have a bar of it and I told him to keep his trap shut because no one likes a smart-alec LOL.

Tamara, one thing I did think of was with the formula, just check with the airline what their policy is on taking it on board - there have been instances where women have been made to tip bottles out (both EBM and formula). I would be just taking the formula with me as asking for water on the plane JIC kwim? do you have a formula dispenser at all? if you don't, go and grab one before you go.

Its all happening here - Alister has a tooth about to come through! I was really surprised because the earliest any of the other three have gotten teeth was 8mths so I wasn't expecting them for a while yet, and there's been no teething poos either - the other three all had these nasty horrible teething poos (really runny and caustic on their botties and gave them bad nappy rash) and he hasn't had that, but they have been a bit stinkier than usual. That said it will probably go back down again LOL because its pushing on the gum, but hasn't quite broken the skin yet.

wow noni- that's great you got to meet up with katie and logan. i wish we all could meet up one day, it would be so fun. have you got pics together? don't stress about eating choc, that's what easter is all about

sherie- sorry i forgot to answer your question awhile back about our deck- it is probably about 3metres high. dp has been working really hard to get it finished before lewis starts crawling. unfortunately yesterday though he got gastro and was really unwell- he went to bed at 5pm poor thing.
    i never knew that about teething poos. lewis had some real stinkers for a while there. they seemed sort of stringy too. is Alister's tooth at the bottom?
    have you eaten your lindt bunny yet?? i love lindt

hayley- have fun at the footy tonight. sorry we stole judd
    is ben cousins playing again? he's such a spunk. best of luck with the ILs. mine are coming in a couple of weeks ggrrr

I haven't eaten the lindt yet. I will give it a bit longer before the easter bunny visits LOL. But it has rained here a bit so we can't do the egg hunt now. The kids wont mind though.

Gracie, I hope your DP recovers soon. Yep, sounds like a teething poo to me - definately runny and stringy looking. I spoke too soon about Alister not having them - he did one not long after I posted on here about it lol. It is on the bottom, and I managed to have a look tonight when he was in the bath and it looks like both bottom ones are about to erupt, but he could go on like that for ages yet.

How is this for a coincidence? Last night I watched The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on DVD and its just come on TV on ch 7 but I can't be bothered staying up to watch it tonight

Happy Easter yummy mummies !!!
    Hope the Easter Bunny comes to visit you all

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Hope you all have a great day!

I'm just wondering if I can please get some help/opinions on Charli's latest sleeping habits.

Okay, I have been really really lucky that Charli has slept through the night since she was 11 weeks old (approx 7pm to 6am). And I kind of figure that has been a trade off as she's never been a good day sleeper. But the last week she has been starting to wake. It was happening just once a night in the earrly hours of the morning but Friday night it was twice and last night is was FOUR TIMES between 12.30am and 4.30am. She doesn't seem to be teething yet or hungry. She winges a bit so I get up to check on her and I go in and she's wide awake and gives me a big smile as soon as she sees me. She has started to move around the cot heaps so she's sometimes either stuck on her tummy (she hasn't figured out how to roll back yet) or she's sideways with her leg stuck through the bars or something when I go in there. So I tuck her back in, put her dummy in her mouth and tell her to go back to sleep. Sometimes she goes back to sleep straight away and sometimes I have to go back in a couple of times.

I can't figure out any real reason why she is waking up and because I've been so spoilt with a full nights sleep for so long it is driving me a little nutty

Any suggestions???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast