Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #23

OMG we have a whole shelf of chocolate in our fridge!!! its crazy!!!
    went to ikea this morning to get a high chair for asha too so we will be using it for tmw mornings breaky will be interesting.. gonna put the bouncer cover through the wash soon as we wont b using it for feeding now well except that i give her her bottle in it now but thats not as messy as food!! ive been teaching asha to hold her own bottle.. shes doing really well with it actually u just have to watch her atm because she sometimes dosnt tip it up high enough and u need to correct it so she dosnt suck air.. what a clever chicken
    charlismumma - wish i could help but it must be an age thing because asha is doing that too.. waking up a few times stuck on her tummy or up on her hands and knees i usually just give her her dummy and she goes back to sleep but it is a pain and it does make u feel tired dosnt it!! hope someone has some good suggestions for us!!
    gracie n sherie - there is pics of logan and asha might post them tmw will let u all know

Hello all and happy easter! I am so sick from all the choccy eggs!

Well the in laws visiting wasnt too bad I guess. Apart from them trying to give Maddie chocolate against our wishes and my MIL trying to dress her up every 5 mins in 'pretty little dresses' for photoshoots. This morning we all went out for brekky and she wasnt happy with the outfit I had her in lol. I dont like pretty little dresses all the time, I like practical. Also we got to meet our nephew and Maddie's 1st cousin today, he is a tiny little thing but just gorgeous.

Has anyone tired making their own vege stock to mix through purees to make them more tasty? Is that a bad idea, I was under the impression that you gave them bland veges to stop them being fussy, but MIL has said add vege stock or even puree up chicken and mix through? Are they too young for that?

Noni - Well done to Asha on starting to hold the bottle, Maddie is no where near that. Thats good that you and Katie met up!

Tamara - I've got a good sleeper like you and I so dread her waking up, i'm hoping she wont start night waking but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe its just an age thing. Or have you started her on solids because I have heard that makes them randomly wake?

Sherie - Wow teeth for Alister!! He's coming along in leaps and bounds atm, everything is happening.

Gracie - No my boyfriend Ben Cousins is not playing for the eagles anymore

Uuurrrggghhhh! Teeth! They aren't any closer to coming out, but boy are they making him a cranky laddy. I was glad when he went to bed tonight that's for sure LOL. I knew this would happen - the only time I have a child who gets teeth when they are supposed to and they give them holy hell.

Hayley, I hate it when someone tries to give bubs food and you don't want them too. Good thing you don't see them often then from the sound of it. How lovely to meet your nephew too. I would have been a bit peeved with the 'photoshoot', she's not a toy to dress up and parade around. With the stock, they don't need anything added to their food to flavour it. Stock is usually full of salt which they don't need, and if you made it yourself without salt, well thats just the same as adding the water the veges have been boiled in. Mum always added vegemite to our veges though, but that's salty too, but back then they didn't worry about that sort of thing LOL. I couldn't bring myself to add it to their veges anyway *blergh* You could start to add a bit of chicken though - BBQ is always good because it's so easy to break down.

Noni, can't wait to see the pics! Alister does the waking thing too sometimes. When we had really hot weather last week he was waking a bit, and he was just thirsty, so I filled a bottle with cooled boiled water and sat it near his bed so I could just give him a little sip and he was right.

We have a heap of chocolate here too. I didn't buy too much for any of them but when you have the three of them it is still a lot LOL. very quiet day today. THe kids didn't get up too early which was good - got to have somewhat of a sleep in. Then is has been rainy on and off most of the day. Not heavy but enough to wet the ground.

hey there just a quick one to say i added those pics of asha and logan bbl for personals etc

we got asha her high chair yesterday from ikea.. she loved sitting in it this morning.. i was much happier feeding her there too, shes much more upright and i dont mind if she makes a big mess because it just wipes clean so easily so i think it was more fun for everyone involved!! got some very cute pics and videos lol..
    sherie - ouchies poor Alister, asha is really on and off with her teething, sometimes her cheeks go sooo red and shes chewing and grizzling but other times shes fine.. i cant really see or feel anything in her mouth either.. thats a good tip with the water maybe asha is thirsty too...
    haley - i let asha try chocolate lol but just a lil in the spirit of things.. can imagine how annoying it would be though if you specifically said no and they kept going with it.. kinda like dps brother thinks its very amusing that asha will suck his finger if he lets her and i had to end up saying please dont let her do that.. yuk god knows whats on his filthy unwashed hands makes me shudder!!! we dont dress asha in girly dresses much either its whatever is practical most of the time.. that is very annoying the photo shoot thing, as sherie said shes not a doll to dress and play with!!

Hi Guy's, OMG we have sooo much chocolate too! Not good considering I'm a chocoholic ANNND I'm supposed to be on a diet

Noni, it's good to know that Asha is going through the same thing as Charli re: the waking at night time thing. We have to get Charli's highchair out soon too I think. She loves sitting upright now. I don't think it will be too long before she can sit up on her own. Actually I've got a sneaking suspicion that she is going to sit up and bum scoot around the floor instead of crawling.
    Hayley, it's funny you should mention the solids thing though as I have started giving Charli some Farex over the past week, but I didn't end up giving her any yesterday and last night she slept through again! Coincidence maybe??? I dunno

Sherie, I hope poor little Alisters teeth stop giving him curry soon! Isn't it weird that some bubs can get teeth and it doesn't seem to worry them one little bit and then some others really suffer. Poor little bubba

charlismumma- it could be the solids.. we tried giving asha 3 meals a day but found she woke up crying alot and whn i stopped the dinner meal she was fine again.. its all a learning curve thats for sure!! we are probably going to introduce the third meal soon again and see how she goes coz she is doing so well with solids oh and i hear you on the chocolate thing i have told myself this week i must have a loss on the scales, i am doing weight watchers and last week i stayed the same (kfc and chocolate lol i was lucky to stay the same) but ive just got af too so i am going to have to work pretty hard to get any kinda loss!!

Hi Noni, Asha is doing so well to be on 2 solids a day. How many bottles do you still feed her and how many ml's does she have per feed? I am reluctant to keep offering solids to Charli before we go to Perth if she is going to be waking through the night because of it. Would it be bad of me to just be giving her milk until we get back from Perth? She'll be just over 6.5 months by the time we get back!
    You are doing really well to be focused on your diet over easter. I've got all the weight watchers stuff so i should start doing that again. I need to lose 16 kilo's before we start TTC #2 in September
    I had wacked on 12 or 13 kilo's before I fell pregnant and I've still got 3 pregnancy kilos to get off also. How long have you been doing it for?
    Last edited by ~mamaspice~; March 24th, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

Hey guys, hope you all had a fantastic East break!

I uploaded some pics of Rory and you can see his two bottom teeth. SO cute

Will be back later for personals. I need to have a shower, ive been so slack today haha.

Renee, gosh he's a cutie! Are his eyes violet all the time or do they just look like it in that pic? I love the hat he has on.

Noni, They are great pics, thanks for posting them.

Tamara, it wont matter at all if you don't worry about solids while you are away. Its not a *meal* so much as a learning experience and she wont even notice that she isn't having them. They can get by with only have one solid meal per day for weeks too so if you feel she is doing just fine with one meal or you want to take it slower, then just give her one.
    Last edited by Trillian; March 24th, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

charlismumma - Asha has usually 4 bottles a day 210mls sometimes when she has just woken up though she might drink a little less in the morning, she has her first bottle then about 40mins later she has cereal around 2-3 tablespoons after her sleep she has another bottle then 40mins - 1hr she has one piece of fruit in a mesh bag or say 2-3 tablespoons of yoghurt.. she has fruit two days in a row and yoghurt on the third in a cycle coz the yoghurt is pretty heavy.. i dont think it would be bad to wait till u got back.. we only really started with Asha because she was screaming at us for our food and grabbing it and eating it if she could reach lol she was very ready.. 6mths is just a ball park age and if shes not that into it save yourself the trouble i say!!!
    as for sticking to my diet not exactly lol just making sure i am accountable for what i have for example if i eat 10 points over because ive been eating too much chocolate (yes this has happened) i make sure i count it all in and do enough excersise to counteract it hehe we will see what it says on the scales wednesday..

oh yeah and i forgot to say i added new pics and the cutest video on my facebook of asha talking to her cup lol its soooo cute!!

Morning Girls,

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a great time. Olivia still has no teeth but she has now master slithering backwards. She can get up on her knees but doenst go forward yet.

Noni- Love the photos and your Easter Kebab looks great
    Renee- Rory is a little spunk
    Sherie- Congrats to A for crawling
    MD- Congrats to E
    Hayley- Way to go on the Uni Parking
    Cally- Congrats on becoming an Auntie

Well hope everyone has a wonderful day and sorry to anyone I have missed.

grrr i hate real estate agents!! i rang the real estate again this morning to try and find out what is going on with our application (been over a week now) and they are now telling me the person who was managing the property has left so no one really knows whats going on and they will get someone from property management to ring me.. well that was 2 hours ago surprise surprise no call yet...
    have been looking around but its so hard to find somewhere!! am looking at a place this avo thats $20 more than we really want to pay but we are so desperate to move!! theres another one tmw too god its soooooo hard and its driving me insane!!!
    sorry vent over

Charlismumma - we aren't starting K on solids until this weekend when she will be 6.5 months - we were away over Easter and it seemed silly to worry about it then.

Renee - what a little spunk you have there!

So much for really good sleeps when bubs are back in their own beds - last night was 4 wake ups!! At least they were quick resettles or feeds.

Sounds like everyone had a good Easter - we had a lovely time, ate far too much, diet starts whenever the eggs are finished!!

Vaccinations tomorrow - seems like only yesterday that we were all doing the 4 month old ones!!

I'm at work and its so boring. I told daycare today to start giving Maddie a solids meal for morning tea as I have been doing it at home, so we'll see how they go with it I guess. One things for sure, they make a real mess dont they! Had to stock up on the napisan over the w/end.

Sherie - I have heard of the vegemite trick, sounds gross to me. I will give the stock a miss then, besides she seems to be enjoying her vege mash more now days.

Cally - Good luck with vaccinations tomorrow.

Noni - You will get a place eventually, hang in there! I'll have to log onto fb and check out your new pics and video.

Leanne - How was the easter holiday?!

Tamara - Like the others have said, I wouldnt worry too much about not starting solids till 6.5 mths. I've got Maddie on small meals but no more than twice a day, and at this age they only have little tastes. If I didnt give her any solids yet it wouldnt even bother her.

Renee - Awww look at those teethies! You must be so proud. Are they making him upset? Is that why he got a cold? Is he over that btw? sorry so many q's!!

Noni - Asha & Logan are such cuties!!!!!!

We have TEETH!!!! 2 to be precise LOL. They broke through the skin overnight and this morning I could feel their sharp little edges. he hasn't been near as cranky today either (except when Paige decides he needs a change of scenery when he is quite happy where he is LOL) so hopefully that's the end of it till next time.

Leanne, I bet Olivia looks so cute going backwards
    Noni, my pet peeve is when people don't phone back.
    Cally, I'm like you - diet is over once the choccies are gone I have to make an appointment for vaccs too
    Hayley, buy some really cheap bibs , preferrably with plastic on the back if you can so you don't have to use her 'good' ones for feeding. Wont matter if they get stained then.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast