Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #23

Pregpan - Glad you had a lovely holiday, you lucky duck you! Do tell us all about it Hope he doesnt suffer too much with his teething.

Agnes - I wouldnt worry myself but if your at all stressing take him to the drs to be sure.

Cally - Glad K's needles went well. I think sometimes the question 'girl or boy' may be a conversation starter ..... well im just hoping that because you really have to wonder about someone who asks if its a boy when they are wearing BRIGHT PINK! Enjoy your nap!

Rory has been sleeping all day. He woke a few times last night because a naughty mummy gave him a rusk too late in the evening! Luckily he just wanted a cuddle and each time he went straight down. What is the latest you guys give bubs dinner? I was told 4:00pm although I havent started dinner feeds yet, only breakfast & lunch.

I just saved $120 at the portmans sale whoohooo! I got 3 jumpers, bag and a knitted barret (sp??)!
    Last edited by reneenay; March 27th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.

Renee - what a bargain. I didn't have a nap, just a lie down with a book. If I'd known she was going to sleep for 1.5hrs+, I would have had a nap!! Usually she only goes for 30 min at this time of day.

Agnes - I wouldn't worry too much about a bit of paper. If you're worried though, you can always call a doctor and ask.

Another quickie from me

Agnes, don't worry about the paper, all of mine have done it (Alister included) and if they just swallow it and have no problems like choking, then it just breask down and passes through. The kids are learning very quickly ATM that they can't leave their books on the floor anymore LOL.

I promise I will do a proper post soon. Until then, love to you all! *blows kisses to everyone*

Renee, Will kept me awake all last night and he had dinner around 6.30pm. I was wondering if that was why he woke so often, guess we are in for another bad night since he had tea at the same time again.

Agnes, Wills first meal was paper lol, don't think there is any need to worry

Cally, no signs of teeth here which is just fine by me and my nipples. He had a big angry red lump on his gum a couple of months ago but it went away and didn't come back.

Haley, happy half birthday for Maddie!

Pregpan, glad you got a bottle sorted. Try not to feel bad about giving him some formula, you have done well to get to 6 months exclusively BF. Have you found out which job you are getting yet?

Didn't go to mothers group today - it is on at 10am which is when Will wants his first nap. I have looked at some in the next town that I think will be better, they start at 9 so he won't be grumpy at the start and will probably last longer. Also the one I went to was a rural one with people that had known each other for years. The new one is in a military town so the population is more transient and less clicky (hopefully).

Today Will was playing with his toy box (a huggies box lol) and used it to stand up. I can't leave him anywhere because he tries to stand up using whatever is handy and forgets to hold on once he is up. He has also learned to click his tongue which he is quite proud of.

ohhh noooo looks like the flue fairy is visiting our house atm!! poor Asha last night was so snotty and upset shes got a bit of a cough too and just not quite herself.. shes not too bad this morning actually but last night was awful she kept waking up crying and coughing and sniffing, i had to suck her nose out with fess twice and she hated it poor little possum just a quiet day at home today for us i think!! ive sent my mum off on a mission to buy a vaporiser and some more singlets lol and pjs if she can so i dnt have to take her out..
    yesterday we went to the city to meet up with my friend whos down from melbourne to see her boyfriend and his family.. it was really good, when i think of it asha was a little wingy yesterday and that might have been why.. her little boy is such a spunk!! huuge though lol i sware he looks 4mths old but hes 2 1/2mths lol..
    applied for another house yesterday, actually did hear back about the first one and we didnt get it lol but we kinda want this one more now anyway lol fingers crossed but i am not feeling overly positive about it..
    arte - wow what a clever boy!! asha hasnt figured out how to pull herself up yet.. hope the new mums group goes well
    HAPPY 6MTHS MADDIE
    all those whos bubs have had a cold recently what did u do about solids? should i still offer it to her?? or should i just concentrate on getting milk into her?
    renee - well done on the bargains!! i havnt had much success with dinner feeds either but id say no later than 5 maybe? not really sure.
    agnes - as everyone else said i wouldnt worry about the paper, i remember eating paper as a child lol saaad!! but as long as he didnt choke it will just come out with everything else lol i am sure its the first of many things he will eat that he shouldnt lol..
    cally - everyone asks me if asha is a boy too or just say she is alot of the time shes wearing something bright pink or flowery or even once a dress!! its sooo annoying lol i never thought id care about that kinda thing but i doooo!!
    pregpan - glad the solids are going well!! dnt beat yourself up about the breastfeeding as u said hes not completely weaning, ur doing a great job

Hello Everyone,

Feels like I haven't been on in ages. I am pretty sure my little man is getting teeth, I hope they come through quickly. Last night Logan started getting up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Everything seems to happen so quickly, one day they cant do something and then the next day they are masters at it.
    Sorry for no personals, I hope you are all well. I will try to get on again later and catch up properly.

Agnes - On the subject of bubs eating things they shouldnt, I got completely drunk when I drank mouth wash when I was little! They were going to take me to the hossy by flying Drs. We can all laugh at it now!

hello to all!!!
    just a quickie....Happy 1/2bday maddie!!!! yah
    all the bubs are coming along so well, growing so quick, it's amazing...

be back for personals later

Thanks all, I knew I was being paranoid. I remember eating paper when I was a kid but not as a baby LOL. What annoys me was that he didn?t want solid but he liked paper, cheeky little fellow

Not in the best mood today, just found out that I received my first parking ticket. Went to day care yesterday and got a ticket for ?parking too far from the kerb?. It was raining quite heavily when i drove there. Some people mentioned today that we need to be extra careful near childcare centres and schools. I guess I learned my lessons the hard way LOL

With teething, I can now see his third tooth appearing, the top left one. Sometimes I envy babies who get two or four at the same time without having so much trouble. He only gets one at a time, each with quite a drama.

Renee, Rory is so gorgeous, love his blue eyes! Well done on the weight loss and the sale, I just love portmans!
    Mouth wash, omg how scary it must be for your parents

Cally, how is K with the needles? Hope she is okay, W had his two days ago and is still not himself today.

Noni & Katie, Logan and Asha are such cuties

Noni, GL with the house. Hope Asha feels better, poor bubba

Sherie, sounds like Alister is doing so well with everything solid, crawling, etc. Woo hoo A! I laughed when I read your post, was imagining your kids opening their bags at school only to find that their books have been chewed LOL Hope its not that dramatic in real life

Pregpan. dont be sad I think you've done a wonderful job BF this long

Arte, standing up, how clever

Hope the teething babies are okay

Renee, you almost reach one thousand posts, yay!

Forgot to say Arte, i love the new photo. Will is so cute with the bubbles

Well we had cupcakes for Maddie's 6 mth birthday and of course I ate them all. Feeling very naughty today! We just got back from mums group which was excellent as usual.

Has anyone moved onto Step 2 formula? Now that Maddie is 6 mths she can move onto the step 2 S26, but can you do it all of a sudden or do you need to introduce it slowly? Is it even the same flavour?

Also someone at mums group today was telling me not to puree potato or banana as they release an enzyme or something along those lines that dont agree with baby's tummy? Does that sound ridiculous? I have been pureeing potato and no probs!?

Renee - Well done on the portmans bargains! The mouthwash incident would have been scary at the time, but I have to admit I had a little laugh when I read that! Like you say, we can laugh about it now.

Agnes - What a a bummer about the parking ticket!

Katie - Hopefully the teeth come through quickly for Logan.

Noni - Oh no not the flu, such a pain! I think we may be heading for it again...a baby at mums group today was sick with the flu, he was really unwell I dont know why the mum brought him along. I'm sure you will get this house!

Arte - I hope you can get some sleep tonight, maybe try tea time earlier? Although I feed Maddie at 6ish and she doesnt wake? I guess they are all different.

Sherie - Yay for starting solids!

Cally - Glad to hear the needles went well.

Pregpan - Welcome back, Noosa looks so beautiful. I have been there before but that was way back in 1995 when I was about ten years old!!

Leemar - Welcome back to you as well. Did you enjoy Noosa too?

Tamara - How did Charli's needles go?

Well I am off to make a pizza for tea, as requested by DP (I spoil this boy!!), and to water the garden!

Hayley - Rory is on s-26 step 2 and we havent noticed any change in him at all. I forgot that we even changed it LOL!

Noni - I hope Asha feels better soo, poor darling. I hope your okay too, I know how stressful it is when bubby gets sick! Did your mum get all the stuff you needed?

YAY happy 1000th post to me HAHA

renee - yeah she did good old mum lol.. happy 1000th post
    haley - i thought step 2 was an un necessary con?? could be wrong its hard to know with everything u hear now days!! why would u take ur sick baby to mums group.. my friend will be in the city tmw and i am not even going to that (even though she is down from melbourne and i dnt get to see her much) just so her bub cant get sick!! i saw her the other day though and am hoping we can go for dinner next week but still how awful!!
    agnes - oh no a parking ticket how annoying!!

We have teeth!! They snuck up on me, 2 down the bottom poking through. Hadn't seen any signs that they were coming, just happened to put my finger in her mouth yesterday and her gum was sharp!

Noni - hope Asha gets better soon.

Hayley - I can't believe a mum took her baby to mothers group when it was sick! How rude. Fingers crossed Maddie doesn't get it. We're having pizza tonight (as requested by DH)

Agnes - K was fine with her needles. Didn't have any reaction that I noticed.

OOh, sounds like she is waking up, might go get her before DH wakes up.

Wow Cally andwell done Miss Katie!!! I wish Alister got his teeth through that easy LOL. Glad the needles went well too.

Noni, how is Asha today? She seems to cop it all doens't she, poor little thing.

Renee, LOL at you being drunk on mouth wash, you did well to keep drinking the awful stuff. Well done on the bargains too.

Hayley, I've never been able to figure out why mums would want to take a very obviously sick baby out, the world wont end if they stay indoors for a few days. As for step 2, they should taste the same. The step 2 ones are usually just a little bit higher in iron as from 6mths onwards, baby's iron stores can start to deplete, but some will argue that they aren't all that necessary as by 6mths babys have usually started solids etc. Its the gold formulas with all the omega 3's, DHA's and probiotics that are a con.

Agnes, I got a parking ticket a while back too. Never had one before either I wish Alister didn't get two at once, but I guess the suffering was minimalised at getting two at once instead of one, and then another kwim? He still has a lovely teething rash on his cheeks and chin, so I'm not sure if this is the last of it for a while or not.

Hi Arte! IKWYM about small rural areas and clicky groups LOL. Fingers crossed the military one is better suited to you. I bet you hold your breath when Will stands up on something less than stable.

Hi Gracie!

Katie, how clever of Logan! he will be scooting around before you know it.

Marydean, how is H getting on, poor love.

Queenie, where are you?????

Had SUCH a busy day yesterday. Had preschool yesterday, and I was there most of the day counting and sorting money (am the treasurer), making trips to the bank and picking up stuff for the fundraiser disco/BBQ last night. The kids and I were home for a sum total of 45minutes before we had to head back out. Needless to say all the kids were exhausted. Poor Alister hardly got any sleep at all yesterday. Have an easy day planned today though. he is really motoring around now. He loves being in the hallway that goes to the bathroom and toilet as it has plush pile carpet (or shag carpeting you could call it) and he loves running his fingers through it. Very sensual boy I think, loves different textures.

Good morning everyone.

Noni, I hope Asha gets better for you soon!

Hayley, Charli went really well with her needles this time. I was a little worried at how it would go as her 4 month ones really knocked her around but these ones were a breeze. She didn't even cry much getting them! She was too busy smiling and charming the Doctor . oh yeah, as Sheree said the step 2 formulas just usually have a little bit of extra certain vitamins and minerals in them. All in all it should taste pretty much the same so you can just wack her straight on it. Charli had no probs at all. My Paed said that it's the Gold formula's that are just a marketing ploy and more expensive, and as Sheree said, the toddler ones are unnecessary too unless you have a very fussy bub who didn't eat many different foods I guess.

Wow cally, I hope Charli gets her teeth that easily!

Boy Sherie, you were busy yesterday! ,Hope you have a lovely lazy saturday.

hi everyone
    just thought i'd post quickly and say hi haven't read through the previous posts yet, but might print them off and read while i'm feeding Hannah later.
    haven't had much time to jump on lately, and have been missing you all
    Hannah is sick today, had a 40 degree temp through the night, poor little bubba. We're missing out on my cousins twins' 1st birthday party too. (J and Z were able to go though) She is growing up so fast - 7 months old today!!! Where is the time going!!?!! She has now started pulling herself up to standing, and thinks she is sooo clever. She also climbed up 2 carpeted stairs that lead into our bedroom. I think i'm going to have to get her some knee and elbow pads and a helmet!! Still no teeth, but lots of chewing on things.
    anyway, sorry for no personals, i hope you're all doing well. Hi to Charlis mum, looking forward to getting to know you too

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast