Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

Yep good question, Renee, where is Noni? Last we heard she was unwell so I hope it's nothing serious.

Sherie "if he's not careful he wont need his op - you'll do it for him" - that's what I was thinking last night - just give me two bricks hahaha - or even better two lumps of army paraphernalia (that would be more eloquent I think) LOL! Anyway, he's going to have a word to his boss about it this afternoon but I doubt at this stage that anything will change - the time to do the jumping up and down was a month or two ago.

Aw Agnes - I'm not looking forwards to leaving E in care, well I am but I'm not as well. Like Katie's quote says, it's like having your heart walking around outside your body!

Renee, all that Mummmmmummmuming! How fantastic

Hayley I agree, makes sense to make up the larger amount and then just pour off the extra bit if you think she doesn't need it - either that or does she need a slower flow teat so the eyes can catch up with the tummy (LOL).

Well I had the most amazing morning today, finally stumbled into the local child and family centre - and it turns out they have all these FANTASTIC programs and talks and activities for parents with little kids! There's paint and play which is like a huge playgroup in a park every week and talks on parenting topics and there's a parent as teacher program too! Might be going along to a few of those and the best thing of all is everything is FREE!!!!

Smile

Hi everyone! I recently joined BB and was told there was a september 07 group...so thought to say hello and introduce ourselves!

My name is Clare and my DH and I had our baby girl Leila on the 2nd of September. We recently moved to Melbourne where we came across BB at the ricki lake documentary screening they put on.

Uummm what else?...I have just gone back to uni to finish my phd. Leila is in the uni child care centre 2 days (well 1/2 days really as I can't bear to have her away any longer than that!!).

I have joined a new mums group here in melbourne but the babies are much younger than leila and at this stage in their sweet little lives it is quite a difference, so it is great reading your posts and seeing you all at similar stages!

anyway, hopefully i will work out sooner or later how to post pictures like you guys have at the bottom...will search and learn. egad, learning anything new these days takes effort!!

take care,
    Clare

Renee - don't forget to book Rory's injections!!

Hope all is well with Asha and Noni.

Got a phone call this morning to confirm that full time daycare is available in October when we need it which is good news.

DD hasn't been sleeping well today - I lifted her outside awning up because it is cooler and with the wind I was worried about it being damaged - but it means her room is so much lighter. We only have cheap Spotlight cream curtains in there and I'm not sure they are doing the trick.

MD - That centre sounds great. So many activities. It's when I hear about things like that I miss living in a bigger centre.

Agnes - you poor thing, I hope it gets easier for you.

Just went for a walk and had to fight our way through the primary school using the track for cross country. I can't believe how many kids really weren't trying - probably not helped by the teachers sitting on the side of the course reading a book rather than encouraging them!

ETA - Welcome Clare!!!

hi everyone
    well who would have thought i start work and have more time to write!!!ha ha!! this is so not what they pay me for!!! i am in melb at the moment, came for the day for work... and am in the qantas club waiting to go home... i cant wait to see Noah bc i miss him so much, esp knowing i am far away and havent seen him since 4am.. and ALSO BC MYBOOBS ARE ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouchie ouchie. he better be hungry when i pick him up LOL!
    Renee - whoa on the bills... far out what a month... what are you thinking about your holiday?
    I agree where is Noni - hope you are OK honey this isnt like you! I hear v bad winds in syd today (what they had in melb yest) so maybe her pc is offline.
    MD - good discovery! I am fuming on your behalf about DH. 3 months - that is madness!!!!!!! does he have enough clout at work to get them to pay for some help for you? i would be furious esp if he kind of put himself in the position to be going... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! when will this happen?
    Agnes - big hugs to you, as you all know I know how you feel. It does get easier I promise. Are you gong back to work soon?
    Hayley - i think i would make the larger amt and pour the excess off, but that said i know Noah cant taike such large volumes...he spews.. i gave hin 150ml and he spewed the other day so i think the recommendations on the cans are wrong.. or maybe it is bc he is usually bfed and has lots of smaller feeds. anyway i am personaly doing about 120 ml (i make 150) max, and i am happy to feed him more often (he only has one formula feed a day though and the rest is bfeeding so maybe it is diff??). I think just give her what she seems to want, she knows her appetitie better than any 'recommendations' IMO.
    we are off to sydney this weekend, i cant wait. i will see my 2 best friends - one is due in a month and one is now 18 wks preg w twins. plus my cousin there just told me she is preg with her 2nd. baby land!! we are also making a special trip to ikea as i have decided to get the highchair from there to use now and i will buy noah the stokke when he is older and can sit at the table with us. i am soooo excited forhimto have a highchair
    ok i gotta go to the toilet and hand express a little before i spray everywhere. geez that would be a good corporate look!!

ETA - welcome clare! and great news re childcare cally.

Thanks girls, I think I'm going to try with the half a scoop, only because formula costs a bomb and I'd hate to be tipping that much down the drain. So I'll give that a go for now and slowly try increasing it to 240.

Also what just conjunctivitis look like? Maddie has woken up this morning with a really gunky eye and this may be tmi but to me it smells infected iykwim. It doesnt seem to be bothering her, the eye is not red, just weepy and gunky. Sorry sounds gross! & how on earth do you treat it? Last night she woke up every hr till 1am in the morning, crying, and I had no clue what was wrong with her. As soon as I put the dummy in she was asleep again...only to wake an hr later. So not my Maddie, so I'm wondering if this eye had anything to do with it.

Agnes - I also know exactly how you feel and it does get easier eventually. Will will love daycare, & keep telling yourself that its very good for their social/emotional development!

Pregpan - Wow your job sounds very important. Haha spraying milk everywhere....that would be a tad embarrassing!

Noni - Come back soon!

Clare - Hello & welcome. What are you studying at uni?

Renee - How cold have the mornings been lately!? Must admit I love cold mornings though, good for snuggles! Ikwym about the bills!!

MD - Lucky you finding the free baby activities!

Cally - Glad to hear you have a child care place all sorted. You are very lucky to not have to go back to work till October.

Clare - Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you and Leila better! Love the name Leila by the way! A good place to find a 'ticker' for the bottom of the page is lilypie.com

Hayley - Ooo I wish I knew Hayley. It sounds like conjunctivitis OR sticky eye (I believe they arent the same). I would take her to the dr to be sure. Oh I love the cold mornings too! I love it when its nice and sunny but the air has a nice cool snap to it I use to be able to give Rory a cuddle under the blankets but now he has far more better things to do like chase the cat, chew the blankets and try to get away from me!

Pregpan - OoOO the quantas lounge sounds so so fancy! The holiday to Phuket is on hold for the moment. Have a blast in Sydney. Your so lucky you have so many close friends about to have children. Noah is going to be a lucky boy with lots of friends! Hope you didnt spray

Cally - Good news on the daycare! xox

Marydean - Those programs and talks sound fantastic. I wish we had something like that here.

Im going to take Rory for a walk this afternoon to work off that donut my mum brought around!!

Oops better run, Rory has just woken up! Lunch time :P)

hi everyone
    Hannah is asleep, and Jess and Zoe have raided our money tin, and i can hear them jumping on the trampoline with the money going everywhere lol. they're having fun though. dh is in Melbourne tonight, so i don't feel like i have the pressure to have things organised tonight gives me a chance to catch up with my bb mates
    Hayley - conjunctivitis looks like 'eye snot'. that's how my doctor described it!!
    If you wipe it away ( i used some make up remover pads - swispers?? and saline solution) and it keeps coming back, then i'd say it's conj.. Perhaps go to the doctor though - or just your chemist. Hannah also likes to pull my hair, scratch me, and her new one is to suck on my chin (now that her teeth are coming through i'm going to have to stop that one!! I can join you in the 'no sex life' club. my poor dh.
    ella - great to 'see' you. I'm so glad things are going so well.You sound very happy
    Renee - dh's cousin just went on her honeymoon to fiji. They went for 10 nights without their little boy - he's 10 months. She said it was hard at first, but she soon got used to sleeping in and lazing by the pool lol.. They were so excited to see him though.
    Gracie - congrats on the win. That sounds really exciting!
    Pregpan - sounds like things are coming together nicely for you. Jess used to only sleep for 20 minutes at a time when she was a bub.
    arte - great news that you seem to have found a great mums group. Hope you make some great friends.
    sherie - well done on the shopping trip. I've been trying to buy some clothes for the girls the past 2 days, and i've run into the same friend both times. She gets a bit lonely so wanted to join me, but i got nothing done. (now i know why i like shopping alone)
    leanne - i'm glad you're doing some delegating at work. It must be nice not to have to worry about it at home.
    md - you poor love. Tell that dh of yours that the belly belly girls will be onto him lol. Sounds like you've found yourself a good list of programs to try out. I think i'll be looking for things like that next year when both J and Z are at school 5 days. Hannah will need exciting things to do too.
    cally - i'm glad Katie liked apples today. Maybe you could pretend that you are eating the food off your plate, and see if she tries to grab it. Hannah only has a very basic menu. rice cereal with pears in the morning, and some pumpkin at lunch. I'll probably start to introduce more stuff soon. I have some avocado so might see how that goes.
    agnes - big hugs to you. I bet your having lots of cuddles right now.
    Hi Clare and Leila - nice to meet you.
    hi to everyone that i haven't written a personalised message to.
    I took Hannah for some Bowen therapy today. I really think it is helping her alot. She's not waking now because of wind - instead it's because of her teeth. If it's not one thing it's another. I've been using some Tissue Salts spray, and i think that's helping with the teeth during the day. Might have to try giving her some through the night.
    not sure who asked, but hannah only poos once every 5/6 days. She did one today, and i had to change her in the back of the car. There was Poo everywhere!!!!!
    She has her Christening on Sunday, and i have about 60 adults and 14 kids coming over for lunch. Shazbutt!!!!!!!!!!
    Turns out Hannah had a virus (doctor didn't know the name of it though) She developed a rash on Tuesday. It wasn't anything sinister though.
    have a great night everyone. Am going to enjoy watching the Bachelor tonight. (i love crap shows lol.)

Hi everyone!! and thanks for the warm welcomes!
    Good to know another mum is enjoying the relaxing no DH tonight!! nothing like vegeing out on the couch watching bad tv!!

Hi Hayley! I'm studying media and politics at uni. it's pretty fun and I get to watch tv and travel around the pacific pretending that i'm "working"...

Thankfully Leila has gotten to sleep easily tonight...one good thing about childcare is they are tuckered out at the end of day lol!

Thanks for the tip Renee...will check it out and hopefully be ticking along like the rest!

chat soon, and may our little tikes sleep well and long tonight he he he

hi there Clare...and welcome! glad you took our advice and came in here, you'll love it.

hayley- hope madds doesn't have conji poor little thing...

noni- where are you?

jazmum- i LOVE the bachelor- i'm waiting for it right now...did you watch the series with Charlie the bachelor??? i think this new bachelor looks like the best bachelor ever (they say that about every series of the bachelor LOL!). what did you think of that psycho girl last week???

busy in here today.

Jazmum wow 60 adults and 14 kids, what are you doing in the way of food?

Clare hi there and welcome, looking forward to getting to know you.

Renee whoa at the bills, they always seem to come all at once don't they. The mornings here have been exactly how you described, with that lovely crisp feeling, Logan and I have been going for big long walks while it is like that.
    Did you book Rorys needles?

Hayley I would take Maddie to the Dr to get it checked out.

Pregpan lucky you off to Sydney, Noah is going to be quite a traveller.

Cally congrats on the day care.

MD the local child and family centre sounds fantastic. Poo to your DH, you do such an amazing job being on your own so much.

Noni I hope you and Asha are feeling better and back on line soon.

Hi to everyone else I missed.

Logan has been so cranky today, he woke up crying this morning after only half an hour, of normally an hour and a half nap and it took me 20 mins to calm him down and 10 mins for him to start breathing properly (he was sucking in big breaths KWIM) I was so worried. He just hasn't been himself today. I think I will go to bed early just in case I am in for a rough night. I am off to the bonds factory outlet tomorrow, woo hoo hopefully I score some great bargins.

Katie - poor little Logan - i hope you're not in for a bad night. Hannah is still asleep!!! she went to sleep at 4 on the boob.( I think it might have been the Bowen therapy. ) so hopefully i'm not in for a rough night either. Hope you find some good bargains tomorrow.
    Gracie - was Charlie the last Bachelor? i didn't see who he ended up with. This guy looks pretty nice. I had a good laugh at the chickie from last week. I also felt sorry for her though. No wonder she's single!!!! I love watching when the girls start to get *****y, and watching their faces when they're waiting for a rose. I don't think i could humiliate myself like that in front of millions of people.

gosh ive missed soo much!!!
    well as u all know my friend was down from melbourne.. she was staying with her boyfriend in wollongong but things got a bit messy and she needed some time away so she came down here for a few days.. everythings all good with her b/f now so it was great to see her and bubby for a few days knowing everything was well instead of the drama i thought it might turn into.. so thats why i was mia for a few days...
    i am really tired atm so will be back on again soon for personals just thought id explain.. asha and i are both much better now too thanks for everyone who asked

Hi Everyone, it sure has been busy in here today!

I've been busy packing for our trip. Qantas have put in a request for a bassinette for us so hopefully we will get one! I'm so glad Perth seems to have had a bit of a cool change
    Not sure if I will get a chance to get on BB while I'm over there, so if not, have a great next couple of weeks everyone!

Ciao for now

Tamara

PS: welcome Clare!

Tamara - enjoy your trip

Noni - glad that everything is OK

Jaz - how was H last night? That certainly is a lot of people to have over, hope the christening goes well.

Hayley - I'm supposed to go back to work on her first birthday (but that's a Saturday!), I'm actually planning on extending my leave a week, then my mum is going to come and babysit for a week, then it is school holidays and DH will look after her for a fortnight before she starts care. Means she gets 4 extra weeks at home. When she does start, I'm hoping to have a couple of Wednesday's off so she doesn't have 5 days straight off - will probably be easier for both of us. How's Maddie's eye this morning?

Katie - how was Logan last night?

Pregpan - enjoy Sydney, lucky you getting an Ikea high chair, I'm jealous!! How did your brain work back at work, I expect mine has shutdown completely.

Last night was a complete shocker. Fed at 7, screamed for an hour, nothing would work, refed at 8:15, didn't fall asleep on boobie, but calmed down enough for me to get her to sleep with my hands on her legs singing, woke up 3 times and resettled by DH before he came to bed (at 11:30), woke at 12:15 and took 45 minutes to resettle for me, then only slept 30 minutes before waking again (so not impressed), fed, slept for 2.5 hours before another feed. I was hoping she'd sleep in until 8 or so this morning, but no, awake at 7. And then only a 45 min nap (so no nap for me). She's asleep again now, unfortunately it can't be too long because we have to go out!

Better go and hang out the washing and tidy this place up a bit.

Cally - do you think she may be getting teeth? this is EXACTLY Master N's pattern when he has been having probs with his teeth (they are both there now but just tiny). What a night - poor you! Wel it was nice to turn the brain on again felt pretty foggy but i will get back into the swing of it all soon i guess. it was weird as i went down to do some stuff for the aus job but i still dont know which one i am taking in the long term - this weekend it all has to happen i guess... (when i find out about the oseas one).
    Jazmum - last season of batchelor( ha ha another fan here) was charlie and he ended up with Sarah.... a hge trash tv fan here!! do you also watch preject catwalk? i reckona ll my taped foxtel trash shows are reason enough not to give up breast feeding!!! how did hannah sleep last night after that big nap??
    Katie how was logan last night?
    Noni - glad all is OK with you and your friend. hope you had a good time with her.
    Tamara - enjoy your trip
    better go, friend and bub coming for coffee and i have to pack for the weekend.

back later i hope, if not have a FAB weekend everyone and i will be back mon with my ikea high chair in tow!

Hi everyone, and welcome to Clare !

Just a quick one from me, BBL (I hope) for personals - does anyone in here have an Ergo? DD is getting too big for the Baby Bjorn, the sling is too lopsided for my d!ckie hips, and I never quite got the hang of my HAB - I am DESPERATE for a new sling/carrier or I swear I will go blinking INSANE! Gracie I think you've got one, is it any good?
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 4th, 2008 at 10:46 AM.

MD I have heard the ERGO is wonderful.... I was also looking into it! Then I bought myself the ramalama one, but i think it wont be good for your hips (i love it though). Anyway have heard many great things re ergo.
    xxx

ok going insaqne here!! weve had rosey cheeks, grizzling, chewing, dribbling, nappy rash, runny poo the lot but still no bloody teeth!!! gosh that and this whole house thing is driving me up the wall!! did i tell u we got approved for a place but then the real estate rang us back and said sorry but the house has termites!!! the owner is denying it and wont fix it so the real estate wont put tenants in ahhhh it just keeps getting better and better dosnt it?
    md - have u put E in the bb facing forwards, thats what i do with asha now when i use it.. though she is bloody heavy and i dnt use it often lol
    pregpan - i love the ikea high chair!!
    cally - oh gosh what a shocker!! i hate those nights! hope she sleeps better for u tonight!!
    charlismumma - have a nice trip
    katie - howd u go at the bonds outlet?? i am jelous i love bonds!!! hows logan is he better now? that sounds scary with his breathing!! i hate it when they work themselves up like that!
    welcome casius
    jazmum - thats sooo cute i can just imagine them jumping on the trampoline with money going everywhere! 60 adults and 40 kids omg u are brave?? what is tissue salts spray?? i am looking for something to help asha because we are using bonjela alot atl as it seems the only thing that works but id rather not use it so much iykwim?
    haley - in the chemist u can get these wipes called "little eyes" to clean her eyes, i find them really good.. if it keeps coming back though it probably is conjunctavitis.. sometimes if its not a bad case u can get rid of it with saline solution..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast