Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

Default Babies Born September 2007 #24

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-23-a.html

Last edited by Trillian; April 5th, 2008 at 05:22 PM.

Hello everyone!

Had a huge day out shopping yesterday and spent a fortune LOL - well not as much as I had allowed myself, but still enough (thank god Myer was having a sale on everything is all I can say ). So the kids are now fully kitted out for winter. I also brought a Valco Titan stroller for Alister for when we all go out as it gives us more room in the car. It is lovely to push around and manouvere too. I think I will find I will end up using that more than the other one now.

Alister is gettting so speedy now! before I know it he is somewhere he shouldn't be - the bathroom, laundry, toilet or one of the kids rooms. He loves getting in the bathroom and putting his fingers down the holes in the floor drain or getting to the back door and putting his fingers in the gap between the screen door and the door frame and playing in the dirt that accumulates there. Such a boy he has even started to pull himself up on things too, but not to standing, just a kneeling position and he sits back with his legs under him kwim?

Gracie and Cally, even if they don't have a lot of solids at first, for a BF bub it can take their gut a while to adjust to the extra bulk in there, hence the dissapearing poos. It will sort itself out soon though.

As for weetbix, I never gave it to the older kids. I cooked oats for them instead (less allergenic and better for them in not having any salt.) Babies just don't need any salt at all, but if they are happy eating it, then keep giving it too them.

Gracie, congrats on the win! That is so exciting!!!!!

Morning Girls,

RE: Weetbix- I use the kids one but when I dont have any of that I will use the other.

Sherie- Congrats on your shopping trip. I have to do some winter shopping for the kids soon.
    Renee- Sorry about your trip.

Well we are all good. I suddenly found the need to start to make my life a bit more easier with less pressure. lol. (I have way to much pressure at work) I finally started to pass on stuff and am starting to feel a bit more relaxed because of it.

Have a wonderful day to everyone.

That's great Leanne. Does this mean you have less time at work too or just an easier day at work?

Sherie- I still work 4 days but I have less crap to worry about. I have passed stuff off to the accountant like the bas and payg stuff and I got my SIL in to help out with the phones and other stuff. I also resigned as director too. Probally sounds weird but since I have 3 babies now I just dont want any other pressures. I use to think about work stuff all the time even when I got home. But now its like I just want to concentrate on being a mum and want to stop thinking about work when I get home. Sorry for the TMI.

you don't have to apologise! That is more than reasonable for you to want to do that, afterall, you don't want to be sitting down in 10yrs time and thinking you should have eased your workload years ago. The kids will have a much better mummy for it.

Thanks Sherie

Morning all,

Leanne thats great that you have reduced the pressure you are under. You will be a better mum for it.

Sherie well done on the shopping. I think I have most of Logans winter clothes sorted but really have no idea how much I will need or how cold this winter will be etc. I could probably use some more all in ones for him to sleep in and am waiting to get some winter sleeping bags.

I am trying to have a big cook up today and get all my veggies frozen while they are still fresh. Logan is due to wake up any minute so I had better get back to it.

hi all
    leeanne thats great news for you, i think we all know in our gut what is best for us and our families so that is great news if you feel good about it.
    i just went and signed up the contracted hours with my FDC mum, feels good. so she will have N mon-wed and DH is going to be home fridays.... now i just need to work out what i am doing at work LOL!!! but it will all be sorted today i think so thats wonderful. if i do the aus job i am in melbs tomorrow for all day meetings - bizarre thought!! just yesterday the crechecalled and said we can have 4 days - but i do think FDC is a better option for us right now.. that said i kinda dont want to close off the option. oh yes here i go again wanting it all
    Sherie WTG on the winter shopping - must have been a massive load for 4 kids! i have loads of stuff for N but i know he will need more, it gets soooo cold here in winter. do you think we will need a coat for the babies? i cant imahine him wearing one but i am shovering justg thinking about winter here! advice from the experienced mummies PLEASE!
    i tried the weetbix this morning - not a massive hit but it went ok. i also bought some raffertys multigrain cereal so i will try that. then again yest i just made up porride oats with formula and that went down ok (stirred ins ome nectarine puree as well ) so maybe i dontneed to buy something special!
    going into the city for lunch with my mums group today (may pick myself up something nive to ear to wrk tomorrow - i have now lost 5 kg and am below pre preg weight - though i want to lose another 5 which i piled on while ttc!). will probably just buy a great belt i have my eye on at witchery!
    then tonight girls night out to a bar for a friends bday so lots of fun! DH is playing golf so wont e home til 7 thoughso a bit of a rush to get everything done... esp as N has creche tomorrow.
    Where is Queenie? I miss you!

hello girls

leanne- sounds like a great idea about scaling back work. i'm a big believer in not putting too much on your plate.

sherie- well done on clothes shopping, i love going to myer. i really need to get some more warm stuff- like jumpers and cardigans for lewis. i've got heaps of tshirts and shorts but not enough jumpers i've realised.

well, i spoke too soon about the constipated stuff! this morning lewis did the biggest poo i've ever seen. it ran all the way down the legs of his wondersuit and all over his feet!! it was evrywhere! all up his back...not good for me, but i'm sure he feels much better for having done it!

i've left my house up in the hills today and have come down to my dad's place- apparantly there's going to be really nasty gale force winds this afternoon and you don't want to be anywhere near my place when it's windy. there's always huge trees falling down on houses, blocking roads and causing chaos, so i've decided it's better to be safe than sorry.
    i'm heading over to a pregnant girlfriend's house for lunch later, she was doing ivf for ages and it now 26 weeks pg so that's fantastic, so happy for her- she's having a little boy, yah!!

Far out how cold is it getting in the mornings these days, woo hoo winter is on its way! I love winter clothing, but I really need to get some more jumpers and pants for Maddie. To tell you the truth I am hanging back a bit, because no doubt we will be getting a pile from each grandma very soon haha i'm terrible. I really need bigger bonds suits though...

Leanne - Oh yay I am really happy for you! You dont need all that extra stress, lifes too short for that.

Sherie - Ooh the oats are a good idea, maybe I will give them a go too, perfect winter food as well.

Gracie - Oh no what a lovely mess to clean up! Good idea going to your dad's for the day. Thats great news for your friend, I always feel for the couples desperately trying to get pregnant and nothing is happening, and yet at the same time there are so many people having babies that shouldnt be iykwim. Anyway I could rant on all day about that issue....

Katie - I need to do a cook up today as well, and I am planning on WALKING to the shops to get the fruit & veges. I need to exercise!

Pregpan - Well done on the weight loss, you sound very motivated. Thats great that you got the FDC place!!

Katie- I did the vege cook up on Sunday.
    Pregpan- Congrats on your weight loss. How did the Pg test go?
    Gracie- Good Idea going down to your dads.
    Hayley- I love the Winter too

Pregpan, that's great news about the FDC. If I ever had to use care, its the option I would choose for sure. As for coats on bubs, I used them but found that they would get really hot and sweaty with them on, plus if you are going out, you always have to loosen the car seat straps to do them up over the coat. I just prefer to layer their clothes now and they never seem to get as hot, so just a singlet, long bodysuit and a decent weight jumper is usually enough. If we are going to be outside in the cold I will take a coat with me or use the boot cover for the pram and tuck a rug inside.

Gracie, I don't blame you for escaping. I heard on the news today about the man who died on a worksite down there in Dandenong when scaffolding he was on blew down in the wind. IKWYM about your pg friend. Our nextdoor neighbours are about 10-11wks along with IVF twins - she was devastated at first as she only wanted one, and didn't even really want one - she was doing it more for her DH who wanted more children (they have a girl a bit older than Erin). She is doing OK now with it all, but really isn't the sort of person who needed twins kwim? Like there are some women who could only just cope with one, let alone two and she is one of them.

Katie, it was really hard to work out what I would need and in what size, so I just got all 0's, and the difference in size between some things is huge! It is so frustrating. But I know he will get wear out of it because it could be cool right up until October still. There were also a few things of Lindsays that are still in really good condition too.

Hayley, go to BigW and get some of the 'match it' brand trackies and jumpers for her. They are only $6 each and the girls colours are nice pinks and purples. Would be great for daycare for her when you don't want her wearing really good stuff.

It was a huge bundle of stuff that I had - I didn't even have room in the car for groceries LOL. The hardest thing was mentally going over my checklist of things for them too and remembering to get it all. Paige didn't need a terrible lot as she will get all Erin's stuff from last year, so I just needed some 'good' clothes for her. It was a good 3 loads of washing this morning when I did it all.

Sherie - Yes thats a good idea, I've been meaning to buy some 'daycare clothing'. Majority of her clothes are bought by the grandma's and they buy a lot of pumpkin patch - we have lost so much at daycare its ridiculous. I keep meaning to lable her clothes, but I think it kinda wrecks them iykwim. I just hope for the best really hehe! I forgot to mention, I cant believe Alister is getting around so much! I'm really amazed! Maddie is no where near, she is still not rolling at all and not very good on her tummy time. She is happy to just lay on her back in one spot kicking lol, starting to worry about her now. Your neighbour must be relieved knowing that she has an experienced mummy next door, I know I would be having twins! I know what you mean about her doing it for the hubby, my friend is in the same situation and really would have been happy to have no children at all. She is about 5 months now and still not really getting used to the idea. Twins are nice though, hard work by the sounds of it, I'm sure she will be asking you for plenty of advice. I am washing like mad this morning as well, and I've also sorted through our clothes and I have a couple of piles going to the good sammy's.

IKWYM about labelling clothes. Check out stuckonyou for clothing labels - I use them for the kids school clothes and they are great, really saves having to look for stuff at school because if it's labelled, the teachers can give it back to them and also would put off a would-be clothes pincher from taking it too (trust me - that happens undfortunately)

I need to sort through all the kids stuff too. I did ours ages ago and took a heap to St Vinnies, but the kids have heaps of stuff. I can give most of the girls stuff to my sister, but there are still some baby girl things that my neice is too big for. There is a mum at preschool who has a baby girl 3mths older than Alister who would fit them - she is such a tiny titch - she is 9mths old and only weighs 6kg - such a petite gorgeous little thing she is, so I was going to ask her if she would like them.

I don't have a lot to do with our neighbours as they tend to go the other way to what we do (they go south for school/shopping etc and we got north - its hard to explain the intricacies of country living LOL) but I have told her if she needs anything all she has to do it phone me.

ETA - completely forgot to say not to worry about Maddie, Lindsay was 8mths old before he was doing what Alister or the girls were doing - he was just perfectly content to stay in one place on the floor. She will get there when she is ready to.

Sherie- I bet your cloths line is full. Congrat to A for all that crawling. Olivia is still yet to master going forward.
    Hayley- Hope your friend is ok when the baby is born.

Twins- what can I say..... I am never bored.... It is an adventure.

Well done, Leanne, on getting your stuff sorted out...that's exactly how I felt about studying, that it was taking up too much of my mental space during family time - just want to concentrate on being a mummy and I think the whole family benefits as a result.

Weetbix - ok, I feed this to H really early on but will probably wait a month or so with E before introducing any wheat. H loved it, far more interesting than rice cereal. Just make sure you get the Weetbix brand because the Vitabix (or whatever it's called) and the homebrand ones are not iron-fortified. BTW giving some fruit with the cereal is good cos the Vit C assists with the uptake of iron.

Gracie - woohoo you go hot mumma! Will look out for you in the photies. I got to be a covergirl a couple of years ago for the TAFE - now my picky's everywhere around Canberra LOL! A colleague lobbed up for the open day at the TAFE and there I was larger than life on this huge cutout sign. It's in the paper sometimes too. Just call me the Claudia Schiffer of the library world LOL

Hayley, winter has set in quite quickly here, I had to buy a few things when we were on hols cos we got caught out by the cool weather. My auntie gave us the cutest little bonds hoodie - OMG it's soooooo cute. I'm pretty well sorted now after a big spend at Kmart, just need to get some warm footwear - always baffles me cos the baby ones never seem to fit very well.

Pregpan, I'm madly jealous of your FDC place - the lady across the road fell through (maybe she heard me shouting like a fishwife one day and decided she didn't want us LOL) - actually she's full, so they're looking for someone else for me. *sigh* I can tell I'm waaaaay down on the priority list, since I'm no longer studying. I keep emphasising the extent to which I find myself being a single mother these days in the hope that increases my chances. Let us know how you go with the preggy test - scary but also very exciting.

Trillian, Little Miss Helpful! That's gotta be true!! I agree with the oats, for some reason I gave them a miss with H, perhaps she didn't like the texture? I'm going to grind them down first, or someone said Bellamy's has a fine oat cereal too.

OK well I went ot work for a morning tea yesterday morning and as I suspected they headed me off at the pass to ask when I'll be returning to work. I said I wasn't sure because I don't know what's happening with DH's work - so anyway they're happy to wait until July for me to tell them what I'm doing *phew* I'm just not finished being a SAHM mummy yet. But I can see the day coming where the financial pressure sends me back.

Cally & everyone who asked - having E in the next room seems to be working quite well, she's sleeping better (could be because it's colder though too) and likes being in her cot. We're back to being able to pat her to sleep in her bed - a relief after the fun and games I've had for the last month. Still unhappy with her teethiepegs though.

Jazmum you are a very busy lady, don't feel like you're being selfish for short posts - we just love hearing from you when you can!

Noni, how are you and Asha feeling - did you end up deciding to go out for pancakes with your friend?

Arte, puss and pooch are back to themselves again. I'm not actually sure Puss had fleas, it might have been grit not flea dander in her coat, she was a bit static (plastic cat cage?) when she got home so everything was sticking to her LOL. Should've seen E's eyes light up when she spotted puss and pooch at home again!

There was another bub E's age at ABA this morning, and SHE was happy to play on the mat while her mum stood in the kitchen chatting and drinking tea but E was whinging as soon as I took two steps away! So it's official, it's not my imagination, she's definitely more clingy than other bubs. *sigh* I'm exhausted just thinking about it...can't seem to do anything when she's awake, gotta cram all my purposeful activity into the evenings/nap time which doesnt leave much time for anything. H was soooo much less demanding than this! Sooooooo hope she learns to crawl cos then instead of whining she might just follow me around. Sorry everyone for complaining but I"m finding this so much harder than I expected, I think that's why having to pull out of uni was such a hard decision because with DD1, I could've done it. Elisabetta isa mucha harder work!

hehe Leanne, funny you should say that. You know how in Myer you have to go in the elevator with prams? Well when I was leaving Myer yesterday, we got in the elevator with this woman who had twin boys (I assume they were - they looked nearly identical and about the same size - about 6-7yo) and a younger boy in a pram about 18mths old. Anyway these boys took their 'positions' in the elevator like a sniper would with their 'guns' (fingers and hands) at the ready and as soon as the doors opened they bolted, did a commando roll and took off full pelt guns blazing. It was hilarious, but she looked really frazzled and I could hear her upstairs telling them to behave, so I bit my lip and walked away before I could laugh, but Paige commented on them and their mum said 'oh, they're naughty boys for running away aren't they?' and I just said that it was good to see kids with such active imaginations.

ETA - Hi Mardyean! what a bummer that the FDC lady fell through. glad that E is sleeping well in her cot. I used plain quick oats and they cook up really well for them to eat with no problems. My E was a very demanding baby like that and luckily it did get better once she was mobile - Fingers crossed your E is the same. But Alister still gets upset when he wants me to pick him up, but he's not fast enough to catch me when I'm walking around the house LOL.
    Last edited by Trillian; April 2nd, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast