Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

what do u put on it for him? just butter or some kind of spread?? i always have vegemite on my toast but idk how much she would like that lol..

morning everyone
    not sure whether it was teeth, tummy ache or tiredness but last night Hannah was soo unsettled. She went to bed at about 6:30pm and woke again at 9 ish. She was squirming, throwing her head back and clawing at me. I gave her a spray of the Tissue salts stuff and she let a few fluffs off. I thought it may have been the bread she had yesterday, but surely she wouldn't have ingested enough?
    I started the mini pill yesterday - i guess this could probably effect her too - but so soon? She has pooed 3 days in a row!!! - since she had her Bowen therapy - the therapist must have pushed the right buttons lol.
    hayley - lucky you having the laser treatment (does this mean your leaving the 'no sex' club ? lol)

Katie - I had it done at hairfree. It costs $75 a go for extended bikini. You need about 7 - 10 treatments, and then a top up once a year, before summer. They cant promise that its permanent removal for some people, but it reduces it alot. My friend gets brazillian and has finished her treatments, and only has a few strays here and there.

Jazmum - Poor Hannah. Maddie was the same last night. I'm the same with you with wondering if its the solid food. Since we started she has been so unsettled at night, whereas before I'd put her down and that would be it. Leaving the no sex club hahahaha....maybe!

Poor Maddie is in the wars lately. She has woken with a green, snotty nose. Sorry if TMI. She is happy though. She is getting a pic at portrait place today lol. And I have woken with a sore throat ahhhh!!

Hayley, I've always wanted to get the hairy bears sorted out once and for all but I've never been game since I have thigh hangups (! from being called thunderthighs constantly by my MOTHER when I was a skinny lil teenager - don't even go there!). Anyway, it's a bit of a TMI question, but do they go right in and get the hairs on your inner thigh? What happens about your umm modesty?

hi md - thats a good question. hairy bears

lol hairy bears i am too chicken to go and get anything like that done...
    gave asha a bit of toast n a tiny bit of vegemite on it this morning she sucked and chewed and had a great time

Glad all my fellow yeti-women are coming out of the woodwork again!

Noni - mmmm toast n vegemite, she's a happy little Aussie! We're not quite up to introducing wheat yet, bummer cos I'd love to give E some rusks. We're doing oats, and mango for the next couple of days, then some more veggies (sweet potato and potato), then she'll be 7 mo and I'll try some wheat. I've just been reading about SM-33 so I think we'll give that a go for her teeth, (I've never believed that bonjella works, based on my own experiences with it and wizzy teeth).

Jazmum & Cally, I hear you on the crazy nights, my sister kept telling me E had wind while we were there (on account of all the night time crying) but I'm not convinced. I still think it's teeth, combined with possibly some separation anxiety because Daddy suddenly disappeared for a week each time. At least I know it's not the food since she was like this before we started the solids. There was even controlled crying talk at our house last night (really it's beyond a joke now) but she's too little yet. I'm hoping she'll pop some teeth then go back to sleeping like she did with only 1 or 2 get ups every night (I can handle that alone)...if it gets closer to DH going away and she's still like this then it will have to be controlled crying or the sleep clinic, or I just won't cope. DH was practically delirious yesterday, he's been staying up and letting me sleep because I was sooo tired (he's like an automaton like that) but now it has taken its toll on him too.

Clare, meant to say re the cheese - perhaps try leila on yoghurt first for a couple of weeks, if she gets the rash with that you will know it's a dairy thing, and you can wait a month or two and then try again. The thing with cheese is, it's quite high in tasty food chemicals (amines) so the rash could be from that, instead.

Thanks all for your ergo comments, have convinced DH it's the way to go - now just shopping around for a MD bargain.

Gracie, I should've known you'd be in the thick of the batchelor watchers (I only ever watched the one with the tennis guy and thought it was Hee-larious)! I've not been watching much telly lately except for Doc Martin, Life Begins and *of course* Big Love...just saw two episodes I'd missed from the first series, man they were soooo good! Agree with the platinum, not sure it would help me be an effective single mother though LOL I'd be too tempted to stay at home all day everyday watching telly.
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 5th, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

Marydean - Lol hairy bears! If you have bikini or extended bikini, you can keep your knickers on, and they get everything that isnt covered by your knickers iykwim. You can hike your knickers up a bit so that they take more than just the bikini. If you are getting the whole lot then you obviously have to go nakie! They make you feel so comfortable as well. It literally takes 2 minutes so you arent lying there in your knickers for very long. I dont like taking my knickers off for waxing etc. I had to once and lay there the whole time mortified lol. However, they have seen it all, you should so give it a go if you are interested. Its so easy I was so suprised and I'm just sorry that I hadnt started earlier.

Noni - Oh yay glad Asha enjoyed the toast. You have inspired me, I'm going to give Mads some toast this morning when she wakes from her nap.

I meant to ask, what's an extended bikini?

Hello all! Been busy again so not been around yesterday.

I had my hair cut and coloured again and now it is very short - Marydean, it is very similar to yours (provided you have the same hairstyle since we met LOL) and I love it. I have had it this short before, but not for years. My hair is really thick and heavy so it makes it hard to blowdry and I still haven't lost any hair since Alister was born so it is uber thick and heavy ATM and growing way to fast - I need it cut every 4 weeks to keep the style in the cut. So my hairdresser could nearly retire off what I've spent there lately LOL.

Tried Alister on wholemeal vegemite toast soldiers today too (must have been the day for it LOL) and he loved it! Didn't even screw the face up at the first taste of the salty goodness, true Aussie Kid he is LOL.

We went out for dinner last night too with some friends of ours (one of the couples were our friends with the new baby) and she has grown so much! Even in 6mths you forget how little and helpless they are though.

I have never taken to the Bachelor series, although MIL has which I find really bizarre LOL. I watch a lot of SBS and ABC - DH is on nightshift starting tonight and I can't wait to get the kids asleep and settle in the watch The Bill with a cup of hot milo.

What else has been going on here.... I *think* we are close to getting words out of Alister as he is forming more definitive vowel sounds etc now. Dh swore he said clock yesterday though LMAO.

Last night was a shocker again, but she was very overtired. Tried putting her down for a nap 3 times unsuccessfully and going for a walk which didn't work either. DH slept in the spare room and I only had to get up once which was nice. He went back to bed this morning until 10 and has so far had a 2 hour nap.

Not sure if it is teeth. The bottom 2 seemed to pop up without a problem. She's only had some breakfast today, nothing else for lunch so hopefully any problems with that are through her system before bed tonight.

MD - We are going to sleep school next week. Apparently they don't do controlled crying at QE2. We're going for the bedtime shenanigans, cutting back to once a night feeds will be a bonus. Will let you know how it goes. We were lucky to get a cancellation so got in pretty quickly.

HAyley - glad it wasn't conjuntivitis, hope her nose clears up soon.

Someone needs entertaining.

Probably won't be on next week, good luck everyone, hope all the sleep issues sort themselves out.

Maddie loved her vegemite on toast, you just have to watch then very carefully dont you. I fished a rather large chunk of it out of her mouth that she was having trouble getting down.

Marydean - Extended bikini is the bikini line plus a little bit more past the bikini line.... Not the whole lot. Does that make sense?

Cally - Sorry to hear you had a bad night. I'm sure the sleep school will have plenty of tricks for you to use. My friend has just used a sleep school and cannot stop raving about it. Are you doing the full week staying there or just a day session?

Sherie - Your hair sounds lovely. Lucky duck you! Sounds like it wont be long and Alister will be talking, how exciting.

Just took Maddie to potrait place for her free pic. The shots they took are absolutely stunning, so we will definately be getting more than the free pic lol. She was in such a happy mood, laughing and smiling so it was perfect. The lady said to me that she is going to be the next Elle, and I think so too hehehe!

LOL Hayley, that's the catch - they know we can't just stop at the freebie pic.

Cally hun, I really hope that you learn some new tricks at sleep school.

Marydean, I'm a fan of the hairy bear too LMAO. DH hates it but I can't see what is wrong with being al-la natural, afterall it seems to be a rarity these days if you keep it like that.

I forgot to add that Alister has a lovely purple bruise on his forehead after trying to pull himself up on the back door, which wasn't completely open, so when he put his weight on it, it opened all the way up, he lost his balance and fell forward on the door, catching his forehead on it. Poor little fella didn't cry for long, but he did scare himself. It will just match the ones on either side of his head form earlier tumbles.

Rory didnt like wheetbix!! Anyone would of thought I was feeding him lemons! He's not a wheetbix kid...yet Although he did like the crust of my crumpet!

What nappies does everyone use?? We are thinking of getting a cheaper brand than huggies as shopping is some how costing us $240 a week. How on earth can 2 people spend that much. Arghhhh.
    Had to buy some winter jump suits today. All we have are size 000 so ofcourse when he was in that size it was SUMMER! We have lots of jumpers and pants but they dont keep them that extra bit warm like jump suits. They always ride up his belly when he is comando crawling, getting taken in and out of the car etc.

Cally - I hope sleep school gives you some answers & ways to get Katie to sleep. Poor thing. I wonder what could keep her up. Thinking of you xoxo

Sherie - OooOO nice splurge! I bet it is so much easier to manage. I would loooooooove to cut my hair short. But ive got a round face and im scared that ill look like...that woman from Kath & kim....the one who plays netball.....forgot her name! doh! Anyway im bet it looks lovely!

Hayley - Poor Maddie, she is in the wars lately isnt she. Hope she gets better soon . Whats the portrait place?? sounds good.

As for foxtel im addicted to Dexter...yep rather gross huh! Dont tell anyone but I love Judge Judy, Oprah & Dr Phil haha. Oh and my even deeper darker secret...The hills & New port Harbour.....Geeez I sound like a 18 year old dont I!

Hope your all having a wonderful weekend!
    Last edited by reneenay; April 5th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.

hey everyone
    what are toast soldiers???
    few qs about pureed food too.. how long to they eat purees for? sometimes i think what i am feeding her is too babyish lol but then i think thats stupid coz shes only just started solids right?? ive bought a few different ingredients to start my cube making lol and freezer bags too because i have found myself getting a bit behind with it and i had to buy a few jars today so i can catch up lol.. i only buy organic ones and i am sure they are fine but i just feel better when i make it myself iykwim?
    anyone got any good ideas for what to mix together? i am going to make chicken corn and sweet potato and she has in the freezer pumpkin and mixed frozen veges u know the mixed bags u buy and chuck in ur freezer that have everything in it apart from those and mashed pumpkin and potato i am kinda out of ideas...
    renee - lol at the weetbix faces.. we are still using huggies but we just bought the toddler ones cant believe it but her little legs (well not so little) are getting too fat lol i actually worry she will grow out of nappies before she is toilet trained lol...
    sherie - asha had a nice bump on the head and nose too coz her silly mummy didnt belt her into the bouncer and she got herself out and wedged in between it and the coffee table boy did i feel bad about that!! snap on getting ur hair done mines now a light brown with blond streaks and i got a treatment and a cut lol i payed her juniors weekly wage in that one sitting i am sure!!
    haley - well done on getting nice pics done.. i worry if i get pics done i will spend too much money on them coz i know they will all be cute lol... lol asha had a few big chunks that she spat out too its funny seeing them chew it all up..
    md - is there a certain order u should introduce things?? oops lol i just kinda give her whatever lol

Well havent you all been a chatty bunch today.

Noni gald Asha liked the toast. Logan has vegimite or plain bread. I just cut the toast into 3 pieces (thast what I call soldiers).

Renne had to laugh at Rory looking like you fed him lemons. My SIL let L tatse a lemon over Easter, It is the funniest photo we have of him so far.

Hayley Pixi photos are bugging me to come in but I know I will spend to much money so I wont go. I used to work at Portrait place ( I am sure you care lol).

Cally good luck at sleep school.

Sherie I got my hair cut too, not very short though. My hairdresser had a laugh at all the short bits at the nape of my neck where Logan has been grabbing.

MD I hope E starts sleeping for you before your DH goes away.

Gracie have you seen "a shot with Tila Tequilla" on MTV? Its like an outrageous bachelor.

I got my hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed today and feel great. It was nice to get out without Logan (that must sound terrible). I had a lovely dinner and am now kicking back having a drink (lets hope Logan doesnt wake up and want a feed lol).

Sherie - Oh I know I get sucked in big time lol. The pics are just beautiful though and I have to buy a couple. Just cant believe how expensive it can get.

Katie - What was it like working at portrait place? They had a sign up saying they were looking for people and I have to admit I went oooh! However I think I've just got free photos in mind hehe. Feels great to have a pamper session doesnt it.

Noni - I'm also wondering how long they stay on purees for, so I'd be interested to hear what the experienced mummies have to say. I havent been introducing in any order either...whoopsies?

Renee - All up on food shopping we spend $180 a week and then $30 - $40 on fresh fruit and veges every weekend. I use snugglers during the day and havent had a single problem with them. Otherwise I have also been told babylove are quite good. And also I used the woolworths select brand once and they were great!! Renee I love Judge Judy, I just love how she puts people in their place! She is so good.

Noni, we're following an allergy-prevention program with the food introduction because of the high no of ppl in my family with atopic allergies (eczema, asthma, hayfever) but I'll be a bit more relaxed about it than I was with DD1. It means only introducing one new thing every 2 or 3 days so if they are going to react to something you know exactly what it is. So far so good. BTW toast soldiers is when you cut the toast into long skinny fingers (like you do for dippy eggs LOL). After a while on very well blended purees you can start offering things that are more coarsely mashed, and then you can start adding more textured stuff gradually, so the food gets lumpier and lumpier until it's practically normal food. Done gradually over a period of time. When your bubs is eating well you can start experimenting with texture. It takes some bubs longer than others.

BTW, photos please of all the new hairdos!

Sherie I had a good giggle over A saying clock! LOL Well we can only hope. E hasn't sustained any bruises yet but it's only a matter of time, I had her sitting up in a circle of cushions and she managed to fall over onto the only hard plastic toy in the entire 360 degree arc LOL.

Renee, we've been using the Aldi nappies and find them just as good (and a bit less smelly) than the Huggies ones. When i'm in non-Aldi land we used baby love or snugglers (*snap* Hayley). Also, good tip with the winter gear, if you want them in tops and bottoms, get the body-suit singlets - that way you still get the mix n match effect of the outside clothes without the cold tummy!

Cally good luck at sleep school, I can't wait to hear all about it, especially the techniques they use, just in case we're next. (I'm assuming that's QE2 in Canberra?) Did you have wait long after you contacted them for a booking?

Hayley, I'm still stuck on the extended bikini line - do you mean you get a narrower runway or a shorter runway? LOL Sorry if TMI.

We went to the hard rubbish recycling place today and got a stool for sitting next to the big girl cot for our patting and shooshing sessions, also found a FisherPrice activity board thingo and one of those step thingys for the dunny (when they are toilet training) - all in v good condition. Not bad for $8 all told! Also went to the lighting shop for a 15 watt bulb and while we there I found this groovy LED lightbulb that changes colours - it goes in a normal light fitting and only uses 1 watt of power! How cool is that. Now we're fighting over which room to put it in.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast