Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #25

ahhh MD i am guessing that you are living in chilly canberra?! we moved from there recently and yes, i remember the crazy 'day trips' to sydney for various things...including for our pup stella...i remember always dreaming of an ikea when we were there. i heard rumours that they wanted to build one, but i think that was started by the local gov to keep us there for a bit longer LOL!
    and too true: my memory is also shot...i must look so vague at uni...
    dont you just love the ergo?! what colour did you get? i got the black and green one when i was living in canberra from bub hub in fyshwick. it was the only one available and then when i saw the all green one i was fuming i didnt get that!! lol!

thanks noni! well she is a little better. she ate her dinner and had a bit of a feed and is now in bed. did a bit of complaining for 5 minutes but hopefully that will be the last we hear of her for the night!! fingers crossed!

congrats fianne!
    you guys rock, i love the elvis outfit. well done!

Fianne - Wow congratulations!!! What a cool way to get married. What a holiday! Are you originally from the US? We are going o/seas later this year, are you actually allowed to take formula out of the country? Do you know about solid foods in jars? Good travel tips!

Clare - Maddie is the same (well was the same) as Leila. I can put her in the cot and she will drift off on her own, but for the past week she has been extra clingy. Wants to be cuddled to sleep every night. Maybe its an age thing? Lucky you getting to go to Italy. Thats one place I'd love to visit one day.

Noni - Well done to Asha on the sitting and talking! Sounds like Asha and Maddie are on the same wavelength, with Maddie mastering sitting this past week & also tonight DP and I both swear that she said mum mum for a second when she was crying.

Marydean - OMG dont bother with the 7 hr trip, what a mission lol. Lucky you with your Ergo!

Renee - Have fun at the hens night!! I was invited to one tonight as well but decided not to go. Dont know why...they are having a stripper and I've never seen one before. I'd probably go bright red anyway lol!

Katie - I actually need to go through Maddies drawers as she still has 000 clothing in there WHOOPS! I have a summer drawer up top which holds t shirts, shorts/skirts, singlets and onesies. Then a wintery drawer that holds pants, jumpers, wondersuits etc.

Gracie - Thats ridiculous that they cant offer better facilities. Your poor friend! I hope they do something about it for you all.

Arte - How is Will today after his needles?

Sherie - How are Alisters teeth going? The poor thing

I bought a few of the heinz baby custards today. This is the first time that I have given her jarred food. I prefer to make all her purees, but I figure custard is easier to buy. Havent tried one yet, but I bet she will love it!

Leaf Guest

Hello Ladies, my name is Leigh. Our gorgeous little cherub arrived 5th Sept 07. So I hope you don't mind me coming in here.. Ruby was c/s delivery, and is now enjoying many solids! We are currrently up to our ankles in dribble (no teeth yet) and I am enjoying all the new sounds that she is making..
    I have a DS who is 9 so it's been a while for me.. It has been a very different experience if I compare them both... I had forgotten SO much.
    Anyway, I'll keep it short. Looking forward to getting to know you and your lovely LO's...

Hi Leigh and welcome!!!! I love the name Ruby, such a rich and vibrant name. I'm looking forward to getting to know you too

Alister is fine now, so I think the teething fairy (or witch in this case ) has gone for a while. Although we have made some big advancements yesterday - he can now get into our office - the office and master bedroom isnt part of the original house, so it is higher at floor level and there is a 8inch step to get into it - and Alister mastered getting up it. So now he can come in here if I am in here (or even if I'm not LOL), but his dismount leaves a lot to be desired.

hi leigh and welcome - Ruby is one of my fave girls names - looking fwd to getting to know you both
    gotta be quick - but i uploaded a few recent pics of Noah on my totsite... i hadnt updated since November (!!) so no doubt you will notice some changes!
    back later girls.

Pregpan, I just checked out the new piccies and OMG! What a beautiful boy Noah is! I am soooo jealous of those dark curls. And I have to ask - where did you get the top with the tractor on it?

Hi ladies, I'm so proud of myself, I've got a bun in the oven...!

Well, actually it's not a bun really, it's a loaf (LOL) but it's one of the first times I've been organised enough to get into the kitchen in the daytime to bake so it's a little MD milestone there.

Leafy Leigh, welcome! *snap* on the 9 yo older sibling, I have a DD who's 9 and I agree it's surprising how much you forget. I guess on the positive side I've got more perspective now, I know how brief those early intensive labour baby years are, so it's much easier to cope when the going's a bit tough! It gets pretty chatty in here so make sure you jump right in when you can!

Clare, yep, the delights of the nation's capital...LOL. We've been up to Sydeneee a few times, as we have friends in the Gong so we spend the arvo/evening with them and then come home. I just get a bit rattled if the traffic's heavy. That's funny about the colour of your ergo, I quite like the black and green but ABA didn't have them (I didn't even think about going into Fyshwick LOL) so I've got the cranberry. I'm just happy to have one before DH leaves next week.

BTW, I love the taggies and am thinking of making one for Elisabeth, it'd take all of a shopping trip to Lincraft and an hour's sewing...I can do that!

Pregpan, lovely photos of Noah!

Sherie LOL at A's dismount! Still no forward movement at hte Betty Station...goes backwards pretty efficiently though. She seems more settled during the day now, though (hence my baking). I wonder how much the solids is contributing to this. Fingers crossed this is the start of a good trend.

JESUS MARYDEAN!!! Give me a heart attack why dont you hahaha

Welcome Leafy! Looking forward to getting to know you better

Pregpan - You have got a little cutie there! Can I have some of his hair?? He is got enough to share! He is just beautiful and full of smiles

Sherie - WHoa! Alister is really on the move isnt he. Im glad is teething has settled down a little bit!

Clare - Im glad Leila is feeling a bit better. How is she this morning???

Hayley - Your so good making all Maddie's purees! I need to get my bum into gear and start making baby puree. Ive been so so slack! Strippers are yucky! Im still traumatised from my hens night, we went to collars & Cuffs..dear god! I was an instant target with my viel on. It was very....full on!

I had a good night last night. I didnt stay too long though. There was a 7 month old baby girl and she made me miss Rory so much LOL! She was just lovely!
    Last edited by reneenay; April 13th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

hi Leigh and welcome! lewis was actually named ruby if he came out a girl- ruby louise...so there you go!

pregpan- noah is absolutely divine. he looks like such a little man now, he's changed a lot from the last pics i saw of him, but he's still got that hair to die for! LOL

MD- congrats on your ergo. how are you finding it? i love the cranberry, mine is the blue one, it's a really pretty cornflour blue...ohhh i love my ergo

sherie- i can't believe little Alister! he's amazing! soon he'll be riding tractors around the farm like a little menace!

hayley- well done on the purees, i'm very impressed with your efforts.

i wonder if renee has a sore head today? lol

i was laying in bed last night thinking....where the hell is liddle pixie???"

*hi renee*- strippers are very traumatic aren't they?? i was very traumatised last time dp went to strippers and told me a story about a chupa chup....but i'll leave that alone i think....lol

CONGRATULATIONS MRS FIANNE!

Welcome Leigh, love the name Ruby

Pregpan, Noah is seriously adorable! I am also very jealous of those lovely locks.

MD, glad Miss E is more settled. Any news about FDC? Is it next week that your DH goes?

Haley, how did the custard go?

Sherie, Alister sounds like a busy little boy. Hope his teeth have settled down. So far we have been very lucky - W got two last weekend and two this weekend with very little fuss.

Noni, congrats on the sitting and the first word. We are still waiting (he said bum-bum the other day but that is soooo not his first word)

Those ladies with an ergo, are they as good as everyone says? Would they suit bushwalks? We have a carrier that W likes but it doesn't look particularly comfortable for when we are fit enough to do slightly longer walks. I am not sure if we should get a better front carrier or one of those big tramping ones that the backpackers have.

Went to Kathmandu and got a good winter jacket for half price yesterday so I was happy with that. We are at about 600m altitude with the mountain looming above us so it apparently gets a bit cold. I also got W a half price polarfleece all in one suit that will be good for outdoors when winter hits.

When we got the jabs the other day I got W weighed for the first time in 3 months and he had only put on 1kg. Is that a normal weight gain for 3 months?

Sleep School was a success. We went from an hour of screaming if I didn't feed to sleep to last night, 5 minutes of happy chatting before falling asleep!! And she has had a few nights where I have heard her in the middle of the night and she has got herself back to sleep with no involvement from me. So very good!! We feed the first time she wakes (say between 11 and 1) and then resettle for the rest of the night.

MD - they are apparently getting 10 referrals a day at the moment and are currently booking people in June. There were a few there like me though that got phone calls for coming in earlier, but that probably wouldn't suit you very well as you would need to fit it in around DH and H. But sounds like you've had a bit of progression anyway.

And she rolled from her back to her tummy this week which is good. Also getting good at going backwards, no sign of forwards. She is able to get her knees up a little bit when she's on her tummy though. She's going OK with solids, gags a lot with anything lumpy so we're sticking with puree for a bit longer. She loved the pumpkin she had tonight. I don't think DH is impressed, he hates the stuff! Unfortunately she is coming down with a cold, doesn't seem to be worrying her yet though.

Highchair shopping this week.

Welcome Leigh

Pregpan - Noah is gorgeous with those curls.

Arte - A friend had a little Kathmandu top for her daughter today and it was gorgeous.

Sherie - Alister is certainly getting around isn't he! Well done on getting up the step.

Fianne - glad you had a good trip and that the wedding went well.

Sorry for no more personals, you've all been too busy since I've been on!!

Hey Cally!!! Great to see you survived and came through the other side with some great results. I bet you are feeling a lot better within yourself too now. Miss K sure is doing well with the rolling.

Arte, 1kg gain in 3mths is normal at this age. their weight gains really slow down now. Although there will be some bubs that put on big gains still, it's individual. Alister only put on 320g in 4wks the last time he was weighed and it's fine, his arc on his growth chart still following a nice curve. You have to allow for the different scales too since last time.

You know, I have never been to strippers LOL, I have lived a very sheltered life

Cally, do you mind telling me what you did at sleep school? For the last 3 months W has been waking every 1-2 hours at night. He only needs a very quick feed to go back to sleep but all the broken sleep is taking its toll on me (used to be able to derive nuclear physics equations and now take 5 minutes to add up the cost of takeaways lol). I have tried patting etc but he whinges louder and louder until I feed him. We have been co-sleeping because I can't physically get up that many times a night and he is fed to sleep for all day sleeps. Should I be trying to settle for longer before I give in and feed? I have tried a couple of times but he just gets very worked up and then is too awake to go back to sleep. Haha, you are my sleep expert now lol

Cally, I'd love to hear more about it (either in the thread or PM me if you prefer) when you have a moment or three to spare. Was there any controlled crying involved - were you ok with that end of it? And was there any one single thing that made the difference or a combination of things? I ask because E is more settled during the day but we're still getting up 3-5 times a night...ok when DH is here but I'll be hallucinating after a few nights of that when he's away.

Renee, hehe thought I'd get a response! Really no more buns anymore after Dh's op but the loaf was very nice.

Arte - good to hear you're getting all sorted for winter, we're over 700m here and some days I look out my window and I can see snow falling (even though it melts when it hits the ground). I think the ergo would be very good for walking, although I think you'd want to perfect the back carry around home first. We're still doing front carry but E is happier in the ergo for longer than the BB.

Re the strippers, the weirdest one I ever saw was at an underwear party where the guy hung around afterwards and chatted about his partner and daughter...WTF?! DH used to work as a short order cook at a seedy pub where they had strippers every Sunday afternoon and he reckons he got so that he didn't even really 'see' them anymore Hmmm not really sure about that!

ETA Gracie, I saw the blue one in your photos and thought how they matched your gorgeous eyes! Very pretty colour. I went with the cranberry cos it will go better with all the autumn colours and purple and aubergine that I wear. I've wondered about LP too, she just sort of vanished all of a sudden. I think about Queenie too and wonder how she's getting on.

Arte - looks like you and I will both be hanging on Cally's every word!

Cally, you have become the official sleep expert for the September 07 buddies lol

Sherie, thanks for that. I did look on his chart and he has dropped from the 75th percentile to the 50th but he is very active bum shuffling and leading me around all day so I guess he won't put on as much weight as he used to lying still.

hey guys
    Asha is sitting so well now i cant believe it!! i uploaded a pic of her sitting and another cute one to my gallery so check em out if u want shes still babbling with dadadada or daaaaaaada lol shes experimenting with the word its sooo cute!!!
    cally - glad the sleep school was a success and congrats on the rolling sounds like she is at about the same stage as Asha with the crawling.. ive been helping her get up on her hands and knees lately and i have noticed she is getting stronger from all the pracitice
    arte - lol @ bum bum not being his first word!!
    md - OMG you gave me a heart attack when u said u had a bun in the oven lmao
    welcome leigh
    haley - it was exactly what u said how she just all of a sudden got it from slumping forwards to sitting up straight!! theres been a few times i thought asha might have said mum lol but i think shes just winging lol
    renee - whats this about strippers?? lol missed something there!! i have been invited to a 'dreams and desires' party hahaha in other words a skanky hoe party at the end of may (basically a sex toys and lingere party) with over 40 girls on the invite list can u imagine the screaming and giggling?? haha

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast