Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #26

MD, it is like the nit thing, I am a little bit concerned too. Actually I hope I am, otherwise I am just getting fat lol. I lost a couple of kilos but they seem to be back and attached to my tummy. Today I noticed that I had my arms resting on my belly like I was pregnant!

Pregpan, hope your first day back at work was good. It must be strange being back in a world where books have more than 10 words on a page lol

DH is away at a conference so I am down at mums for a couple of days.

I have been wondering if other babies let people cuddle them? W hardly ever sits on my lap or lets me have a cuddle, he always has to be on the go either playing with toys or walking around the house. Do you get to snuggle with your bubs? I just started thinking about it in the shower when he wouldn't let me hold him because he wanted to stand or sit and play with the shampoo bottle.

yes md, it is totally the nits thing! how funny.... luckily it was a bfn. i think maybe af is on her way and it's been so long since i've seen her that i'm really feeling it iykwim?

arte- i'm getting fat too! it's weird cos i was feeling really good, lost a couple of kgs, a few cms in my measurements, but in the last couple of weeks i've noticed my stomach is huge again. i think i'm just bloated but it's a bit depressing. On the cuddling thing, lewis loves a snuggle but he has to be in the mood for it iykwim? i think he gets sick of me kissing him too much though, just like his dad LOL

yes! The tractor is back LOL. I found it the other night and did a new av.

While on the subject of pg and the irrational female mind A few weeks back my cycle went all wonky and my irrantional mind said '****, what if I'm pg?' but then rational mind kicked in and told me that was impossible because we'd hardly done it because I had that cold and with DH working etc. But it still gives you the heebee-jeebies.

With the cuddles, Alister could sit on my lap all day, but other people he isn't so keen on. He lets DH give him cuddles and wrestles etc, but he is at that age where he doesn't really want anyone else but me most of the time. Paige hated having cuddles and would never let me cuddle her to sleep, Lindsay loved it and was a very affectionate little boy and Erin could take it or leave it.

Jaz, the only formula I can think of that might help is Karicare HA AR - its a high allergenic, anti reflux formula (Alister has the AR one) and it is meant for babies that may be at risk of allergies. Alternatively you could try a goats milk formula.

Marydean, I find the polar fleece blankets really good for warmth. MIL lent me the onkaparinga cot blankets she had for her three, but I gave them back years ago when Paige went into a big bed and I don't know if she still has them now.

With the solids, Alister is really taking to them now. He has a tupperware snack cup full of cereal and fruit in the morning and then he eats veges off my plate at night. The veges at night aren't much, but it keeps him happy while we eat LOL. he is having more milk now too - I think all the activity is making him hungry. On the teething front, that seems to have settled now. I only got up to him twice last night instead of 50 million times

Hi Girls! phew it's been ages since i posted (maybe 2 days but seems alot longer LOL!).

Leila looks to be getting a bit better. today she didnt have a fever, but is still off her food and is sleeping alot. i guess she needs to recuperate...

We had our bubbaroo joey swag arrive in the mail today (YAY!). I absolutely love those sleep suits. we use them all the time at night as then i know that she will keep warm and wont kick off her blankets. also, they have 'tog' ratings so you know how much to dress them in according to the temp. and she just looks too cute in them (like a bug in a rug! - or that could be mummy bias...)

LOL at the nit analogy! luckily AF is a constant thing in my world ATM. I was pretty bummed about 'her' return when leila turned 6 months as i was still BF and hoping she would hold off for longer....bummer.

Arte: Leila likes to check in with her cuddles. otherwise she sounds like W, rolling around the joint getting into toys. also she is far more interested in the water in the shower than me...tries to wriggle out of my grip. how do you shower with W. I was thinking of popping her down at my feet, but not sure if this was ok??

MD: hang in there babe! the shambling wreck is definitely part of my vocabulary! lol! i found the 'feed play sleep' printout that the MACH nurses gave me in Canberra really helpful. it is based on the stuff given by tweddle, but just simplified. i had it bluetacked to leila's door so before i walked in i checked in with it. did you get one? I think i got mine from narrabundah, or it could have been the phillip one...oh the mummy memory strikes again! i recently gave it to a mum in my group and she reckons it has helped...

Fianne: we took leila almost 6 weeks late to her 6 month vacc. there's no prob, just that the mmr one will also be set back a bit (but they just brought it forward to 12 months from 18months as they want to separate the vacc from the onset of autism symptoms), so maybe it's not too bad a thing!

Pregpan: sorry to hear about poor N. have just been through the sick thing; leila was up every hour for 3 nights due to being unwell, but last night slept until 4 am for a quick feed then back to bed until 7. so i guess they bounce back! (fingers-crossed for tonight tho! )

anyway best be off to wake DH: he fell asleep at 8 tonight (he had to look after leila today, and reckons that he is 'exhausted', phhht, one day a week and the man is collapsing!)

night night!

just a really quick one is anyone freaking about the plastic thingo found leaking into bottles on the news??? havnt had time to read through so sorry if its been mentioned already..
    we went and bought 2 glass bottles today from iga (one of the only places that stock them apparantly) and i am on the hunt for more tmw eeeek lol i saw 3 of the same bottles on ebay and no joke the bidding has gotton so out of hand its up to almost 60 bucks i think thats awful because these same bottles are yes hard to get but they only cost me 3.15 each!!!

Noni, don't worry about it. None of the bottles I have are made using it. There was something I just saw on Facebook about it too.

Hi Clare, glad to hear that Leila is somewhat better now.

gosh its busy in here!
    spent the day looking for bloody glass bottles with my friend..
    its really good to have a friend who actually lives in sydney haha.. its awesome we get along really well and live just down the road from eachother and have babies one day apart lol cant get much better than that!!
    sherie - apparantly after looking it up the ones i use are made with that particular plastic glad A is sleeping better now. he needs to have a word to Asha!!
    clare - glad leila is getting better
    arte - asha wont really let me cuddle her either shes very restless lol more interested at what advantage she might have for grabbing something shes not allowed to have when i'm holding her.. the only time she cuddles is when shes super tired and falling asleep..
    jazmum - there is things like ar - anti reflux or ha- hypo allergenic but my gp said if u can go with a normal formula do coz the other can make them constipated or over sensitive.. in saying that idk if one is harsher on tummies than others gosh how helpful am i?
    agnes - i couldnt afford the cloth nappy set up that and the new clothes i would have had to buy her to fit over the top of them.. ahhh well i am probably better off without extra things to do when i feel sooo tired!!
    md - gotta love those irrational tantrums lol her leg was touching the chair.. sometimes i get so frustrated lol calm blue oceans!!

Re the bottles, I've just invested in Avent cups, etc, (because they attach to my breast pump) - apparently they are one of the brands involved (?). Bisphenol-A is the thingy. However, I'm not going to freak about it because a) we don't use them very often b) we don't heat them or have hot liquid in them and c) mine are all new and I'll be chucking them before they age.

Clare, I vaguely remember that sheet thingy, it was like a table. The daytime routine's fine, in fact at daytime it's like it's not even a problem, even in the early evening, but as midnight approaches (*insert wolf howling noise*) and it's on! I'm booked into a MACH sleep clinic (2 hours without your baby, wonder how useful that will be LOL). Re bringing the MMR forwards, I wondered about the onset of autism symptoms but then I also thought, don't they do the meningococcal at 12 mths as well (makes sense to do them together so ppl don't fall thru the cracks). I haven't looked it up, it was just something I was wondering.

Sherie - funny about the 'irrational female mind' - I had some wonky symptoms a few weeks back and started eyeing off the single remaining preggy test in my bathroom cupboard LOL - not a chance, though.

Arte, I'm getting fatter again too. However in my case I think it's because I just haven't been active enough (ie don't leave the house often enough) and my metabolism is slowing down. Re cuddlies, E is pretty cuddly, although in the daytime she's constantly looking around for something to grab LOL. She pays more attention to me when I've got dangly earrings on (potential target LOL).

Tried E on some chicken today, she's not taking to it at all, although I think the problem is the texture. I'll do another batch and puree it much finer and see how she goes. Sherie it sounds like A is eating quite a lot, although I'm pretty impressed every time E puts away a whole weetbix!

Bought another high chair on ebay today, will send DH to collect it when he gets home. It's pretty daggy with bananas in pyjamas on the seat cushion (!) but for only $30 it'll be handy.

ETA - Noni well done on finding a friend just up the road...you won't want to move soon!

MD - Good luck at your sleep seminar. My sister went to the day place at Lanyon last week and her daughter is like a different person now. Even DH said she is looking more relaxed and prettier now she is getting more sleep.

K is constipated. I gave her some prunes and apple for breakfast. Poor little thing is straining so hard and has only popped out a couple of little ones. She hasn't been since Wed last week (not unusual) so there should be a fair bit to come. This morning on the change table she was really pushing and I could see some coming out and then it disappeared again! Sorry it that is TMI!

Ordered our high chair yesterday. Fingers crossed it arrives this week. Have been feeding K in her bebepod but it is pretty messy. She keeps grabbing her toes so we're going through a few pairs of socks each day!

Arte - I'm getting fat again too. Need to do more exercise, even if its just walks with K. Also need to stop eating ice cream, chocolate and other unhealthy items. K is still pretty cuddly, although it can depend on her mood. MIL always wants to cuddle but K isn't really interested in cuddles with her!

Cassius - glad that L is feeling better.

Mothers group this morning then a bit of shopping in town. Better go and finish getting ready before I have to wake K up.

hi everyone!
    has everyone else's AF returned??? mine hasnt - i was happy about this and in general I am but now i am thinking when we do TTC maybe it will take AGES again... I am on mini pill and still BF but was wondering what is happening w everyone else? It sounds like you all have AF back... On that note Miss Renee - how are you:> what did Dr say? have been thinking about you. and how is your aunt and mum? big hug i think you are having a tough time right now.
    I guess i need to read about the bottles?? I dont know anything about this? I have just bought all new ones so i HOPE this doesnt mean i need to replace them all??
    Clare - SNAP!! I bought a bubaroo last week and it is gorgeous! It actually had a little fault so the company is replacing it for me (still usable) - i saw they are on sale on the bubaroo site (i bought from anothetr site). they are beautiful arent they? I have a few bags for N to sleep in (as he has started wetting through the night i need them) and this one is pretty gorgeous i think (may invest in a few more). i also like the look for the joey pouch thingy for when they are newborns (did you have this?) - good swaddler.. i think iw ill get that next time.
    That reminds me - Jazmum i think you bought something especially for swaddling b4 hannah was born as yu had swaddling probs with Jess and Zoe??? am i right here or making something up?? did you find it useful?
    Gracie - did you hear about the target ad?
    Arte - I am also getting fat again!!! I think it is bc i have slcacked off majorly with the food and exercise.. better get back onto that! First day back at work was OK, it is a weird feeling but i am actuall yhappy to be back. I hoep soon i can concentrate more LOL!!! I miss N though, i only dropped hima t FDC 40 mins ago and I miss him already. I shouldnt really - i saw him enough ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT LOL!!!!!!!! N is def less cuddly than before, I used to be able to sit and cuddle hima ll day if i would - now it is rare, he will sit on my knee and play with his toys but not so cuddly unless he is V V tired. I did get himt o snuggle into me and sleep in melb when we were out (poor thing was EXHAUSTED) and I loved it. I remember when he was brand new and I felt tied to the couch bc he wanted to sleep in my arms - I miss that sooooooooo much now. I have turned into one of those annoying ppl who tell new mums and expectant women to appreciate every moment as they grow up fast!
    Hi to everyone else, sorry i am rushed - will log on now and again from here... gotta keep myself entertained at work!

ETA - Cally we were posting at same time... sounds like a fun day you have planned. with K's straining, a friend of mine could also see it coming out and going in (i know TMI) with her daughter - she had to massage around her bum to help... that may help if it happens again. She added a tiny bit of prune juice to her cereal in the morning and that helped. so i am sure your apples and prunes will do the trick! N is the same with MIL cuddling, the nasty part of me does smile inwardly a little at that... (oh i am mean).... he really will only let me or sometimes DH really cuddle him now.
    Is anyone else finding bub developing sep anx? N is def going down that path...
    Last edited by MamaPan; April 22nd, 2008 at 09:16 AM.

ughhh so i finally found the rest of the bottles and bought them and the teats and left the teats in the shop.. uggg its pouring down rain and now i have to walk to the shops and hope they even have them because its mainly an iga thing and i had to get my mum to drive me to iga for the bottles and now she has gone to work ahhhhh i hate my brain!!
    asha is now starting to want a morning tea snack lol about an hour before shes due for her second bottle she starts winging for food lol she seems quite content with an awroroot biccie though or a piece of fruit..
    oh and i was very releived to get af this morning too phew lol the tiredness must just be iron!!
    yeah md i wouldnt be stressing if we werent full time bottle users either but the fact she is drinking a plastic chemical every day harmful or not bugs me!!
    cally - we used to feed asha in her bouncer before we got a high chair, it was very messy too!!!
    pregpan - i got af back 6wks after having asha

hi pregpan
    no news about target ad yet. i don't think we'll hear anything to be honest cos he was so grumpy at the casting! i've only had af once since the birth. i feel like she's coming now but she never comes..

hi all
    gotta be quick but heres a food idea for you - i made it for noah after work yest and just called FDC and app he wolfed it down for lunch today so given it is a hit i thought i would post the idea. it is a beef casserole (i pureed it a lot).
    saute some chopped onion in olive oil (i used a red onion as that is all i had). toss some steak (i used fillet) in some flour and saute in the oil and onion til brown. then add some chopped carrot, sweet pot and parsnip ( quite a lot more than the beef so it turns out more veges than meat) and a bay leaf and few sprigs parsley to pan. Cover with chicken stock (i used homemade but you can prob buy it or use water so not too salty). Bring to boil and then cover and cook for about 60 mins (test that the meat is v tender) - may need longer if not fillet steak. Puree using the cooking liquid to make the right consistency (i made it a bit chunky as N is a bit against puree - he seems to thinkhe is all grown up). I also made some of it quite runny with liquid and i will use this with pasta or cous cous. v easy and YUM! looks more like a vege mix but the beef is good iron i guess.

Noah also ate chopped liver (a jewish passover version of pate) on the weekend and LOVED it!!! so i guess his iron has had a huge boost lately! (the normal recipe has egg but my mum made him his own portion with no egg - just really onion and liver)

very quick on from me as wingy bub on lap with cold teether in hand lol we all of a sudden have 2 teeth poking through the gum down the bottom no wonder shes cranky!!

Ooh Noni - thats exciting and at least you know why she has been grumpy.
    Quick one from me too, I knocked off early and picked up N at 4... we have so made the right choice with FDC - he was happy when I went there and has had 2 good naps today... he is beaming - so cute!!! she is wonderful and i am thrilled with the choice we have made.
    Interesting - he is teething again (top now) and she said to massage vegemite into his gums as this helps - she did this today... so for anyone with teething bubs try that!
    ok gotta go play with my little man.

Hi Girls!

That's an awesome recipe Pregpan! will have to give it a go...also the chopped liver yum! it reminded me of the dinners my grandmother used to make (apparently it is popular in holland...). so will have to give that a go with Leila. she is the same as N, wanting the chunkier stuff that she can pick up with her fingers.
    LOL at you also buying the bubbaroo! i got it on the web sale that the site was having. but with p&h it was still $55. still cheaper than the grobag and i think that it is soo gorgeous. she has the pure white range as the colour ones were still $60ish. but maybe i need a smaller size as i have the 6-18 month 2.5 tog and her head slips down underneath, so i may need to wait a bit longer before using it...what about you??
    i had a swaddle bag for leila but i found that it wasn't strong enough for her houdini movements so just stuck with swaddling her in two wraps (one over the other). luckily being in canberra it was cool enough to get away with!
    a friend of mine has the joey swag and she loves it, so maybe it is better than the one i got...

AF is well and truly here, happened at around 6 months...urggghh.

Noni: cool, teeth! still waiting here....

MD: i went to the lanyon one with leila. it was a 2 hour session and i found it pretty helpful. the bubs didnt need to be there as it was basically a session where we told the lady what probs we were having with sleep and she would try to offer some solutions and you see a pretty good video that shows self settling. i found that it was the corner that needed to be turned for us, and within 2 and a bit weeks of going there and using the sheet she gave us leila was only waking once through the night and then slept through fully from abut 10 weeks (we went when she was 6 weeks old...we got desperate quickly LOL!!). of course we still get the occassional night where she wakes at 3 or 4 am, but this is usually when she is a bit unwell...i really hope that it helps, at the very least, you'll meet other sleep deprived mums and dads and you can compare notes! lol!

I'm not sure that leila is getting better. there is no fever but she is really not herself. have booked into see the doctor tomorrow.

this ones raging outta control better post it!

No AF here for me - thought it was coming at around 3 months but it didn't. I'm not missing it!!!

Noni - yay teeth!!

Pregpan - glad that FDC worked out. Are you going with a combination of that and creche or fully FDC?

Hey everyone!

Cassius, It can take a while for them to get back to 100% normal after being sick. Let us know what the Dr says OK?

Pregpan, I'm really happy that you're happy with the FDC lady - it must be a HUGE load off your mind. I have to say *yuck* at the chopped liver though LOL - that is one thing that I have never been able to stomach eating.

Noni, I can sympathise on you about how hard it is to get two teeth at once. At least she finally has them through now.

Cally, how was mothers group today? I hope K can do a poo soon Lol, its no fun for them having a blocked up bum.

Marydean, how is DH going post op? And just how many HPT's do you have stashed away LMAO. When are you going to the sleep clinic?

Gracie, bummer about not hearing back. A courtesy call would be nice.

My sister and her baby girl and mum are coming to visit tomorrow. Katie is up from Melb for a few days. I haven't seen her in nearly 12mths - I was about 7mths pg when she was here last and she hasn't seen Alister yet. It will be bittersweet though because my neice has mild cerebal palsy from birth trauma (placental abruption) and nearly died. Because of this she is only just starting to commando crawl (she is 15mths) and even though Katie is fine with knowing that other babies a lot younger will progress faster than Leiah, it still isn't any easier to bare kwim?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast