Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #26

Hi Girls,

Thought to write to give an update on Leila...

She started to get a nasty looking rash over her legs, abdomen and neck, so we took her to emergency at the RCH tonight as I couldn't relax. Turns out that she has a viral rash which they say happens with young bubs. poor thing is not too happy about it, but hey at least it's not the big M.

The hospital is great. they are really friendly and there is an after hours GP there who also bulk bills.

anyway best be off as we are pretty tired...

good night!

Clare that must be a huge relief...very scary seeing that rash! Sounds like you did the right thign as I"m sure the drs would rather see 1000 babies with non-M rashes if it means that the one baby who's got it gets seen immediately. Hope she's feeling better very soon.

Thanks for the info about the Lanyon clinic. We've always been able to settle DD1 and DD2 right up until about 6 weeks ago when it all went pear shaped. She's doing different things every night too so it's not like i can pick the one or two things we need to do differently. Plus when it's 5.00 and you've only had 2.5 hours of sleep (like last night) it becomes very difficult to do anything rational at all. I went to see the MACH nurse today (dropin clinic) and when I got there all the number cards were taken (ie no more slots) and it was all too much so I just sat down and bawled. Anyway they've put in a referral for me for QE2 cos i just can't handle this by myself. I can feel myself starting to get depressed, irrational thought patterns creeping in, etc. I'm going to the sleep clinic on 6 May but not sure how helpful that will be, given that we've previously mastered pat pat patting and shooshing and none of that works anymore.

Sherie - oh yes I imagine it will be hard seeing A doing all his new tricks and precious little Leiah only just getting there now. to all. DH seems to be doing fine, tested the tackle once before he left, no complaints and lucky for him cos I would just have laughed at him. Only got the one HPT left in the cupboard.

Re AF - not sure she's back, I thought she was arriving but in hindsight only breakthrough bleeding.
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 23rd, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

Oh Clare, hugs to you hun. That must have been really scary when she got that rash. I'm glad you have taken her to the hospital and got a diagnosis. Fingers crossed she is over it soon.

LOL Marydean at you giving it a 'run' before he left. Glad that he is OK after it - must be just me that has the whingy whiney husband

ohhh god i am sooo exhausted i was litterally struggling in the shopping centre today to handle the bright lights and keep my eyes open.. must have looked like i was on drugs lol.. i am sooo tired and then i went to netball training and was soo unco lol and none of them have kids so i hope they understand... i went off to have a shower and took my things into the bathroom and said to dp goodnight lol but i was going to have a shower thats how bloody tired i am lol and i doubt i will sleep tonight either ashas been waking 3-4 times a night i think because of her teeth
    lol sherie they arent all the way through yet so we are still having very wingy days here i am soooo exhausted i could barely catch the ball at netball .. its hard to explain the teeth its like i can see two wite lines at the top of her gums now where as before i couldnt see anything so theres still a way to go untill she settles again
    clare - wow how scary u did the right thing though going to the hospital u just never know with things like that.. biiiiig *hug* to you!!

Well thats work done for the week yay! Maddie is back to her normal self. She is eating solids and taking a normal bottle again. Still no sign of any teeth so whether that was just the beginning of it all I'm not sure.

Marydean - I'm also guilty of having Maddie wake up cold in the middle of the night, and it took me a couple of nights to realise that was the problem too. I rug her up thinking she will be warm enough but it isnt working. I dont want to overheat her either. I might look into one of those blankies that you suggested. Sorry to hear about E's sleep, hang in there you know as well as I do that it will improve with time.

Fianne - Your wedding was so cool! I loved watching it.

Agnes - Hope Will is feeling better today.

Gracie - Whoa another pregnancy scare! Glad you had a neg result like you wanted.

Pregpan - Thanks for the casserole recipe, I will try it on Maddie. Although its gonna be hard for me cooking red meat as I dont eat it myself and dont even like looking at it lol. How is work going? Hope Noah is giving you some sleep tonight.

Arte - Maddie seems to be on the go alot as well, not always looking for snuggles either.

Noni - Wow two teeth poor Asha. Thats why she's been upset. Hope you get some sleep tonight! Whats this about bottles?

Sherie - Hope you have a nice time with your sis, mum & niece tomorrow. I know what you mean about Alister being almost ahead of your niece. It would be a bit awkward I guess, but sounds like your sister will be ok with it all. Let us know how it goes.

Clare - That is very scary about the rash. M would have been my first thought and I would have done the exact same thing and gone to the hospital. So glad it wasnt anything sinister.

Hello to everyone else!!

morning all - quick post as i am at work and my first meeting for the day is in 15 mins
    MD - I am so sorry you are finding things so tough, it is great that they have you referred to the QE2 - I am sure that will help you. when are you going? Will DH be here for it? Pls do let me know if there is anything i can do for you. FYI the narrabundah drop in clinic you can always get into - itis on mon and thu. I go to that one as it is closest to me. Did you talk to them about the feelings of depression? It is great you are picking up on the signs early and I hope this helps you. Again, PM me really if you need anything at all.
    Sherie - that must be hard for your sister and for you. I am sure you will have a great time together though, and how exciting for her to meet A. Have a wonderful time together. The chopped liver is just like pate.
    Hayley - woo hoo on work over for the week (do you work mon-tue?) I will be happy tonight when i am done for the week too!
    Noni - poor asha, N is also teething - it does upset them hey. The lines may mean the tips are through? in my experience (with the bottom 2 and now the top ones) this is the worst part. I also notices i couuld see the split gum for a few days before the tips came thru. N also got 2 at once on he bottom and agaijn now on the top. I figure it is double the trouble at the time but then you get 2 teeth!! Hope you had a better night!
    Clare - glad L is ok, you did the right thing... how scary!
    Cally- any poo action?????
    we had a better night here - took a while to get him into proper sleep - lots of settling b/n 6.30 when he first went down and 8.30.. but them only fed at 1am and 6.30 - i think there was a wake up and settle or 2 in there but to be honest i cant remember. anyway was good night comparably! his cold is alot worse today, green snot (sorry if TMI) does this mean i have to go to dr?
    Anyone heard from Queenie???? I hope she is OK.

ETA sorry abt all the typos - i dont have time to go and edit them so figure better to get my message to you all in the short time I have LOL!

Hi Girls!

Well Leila seems to be a bit better. she smiled when i gave her her vegemite toast and actually ate it! huge relief here!

MD: Good on you for bawling in there! They know me well for all those things...my MACH nurse at narrabundah told me they have an abundunt supply of tissues for that exact purpose! And don't lose hope. She will get there and QEII sounds awesome, but also the 2.5 hour one may prove useful as I found that they spent time going through our specific probs and the nurse running the show really cared. BIG hug to you and I'll be cheering you both on at the clinic!

BBL for more personals...dog needs walking...

MD - Oh no I missed the part about you having a cry, so sorry. I hope you are feeling better about it today knowing that you are booked in to sleep school. I'm sure they will have plenty of tips for you. So DD1 is giving you hassles too?

Pregpan - I work Mon & Tues. I'm starting to enjoy it more these days, and it also helps that alot of ladies in my mum's group are back at work/going back to work now that the bubs are getting older. At first I felt a bit left out and like a mean mummy iykwim. Maddie seems to really enjoy daycare as well, apart from picking up a cold here and there. I'm also excited knowing that daycare is not as bad for her as a first thought - I've just spent the last 4 wks at uni learning about the benefits of high quality childcare. How are you finding work? Do you get the guilts at all leaving Noah or are you ok with it now? Re the green snot, Maddie has been there before and I didnt take her to the doc. I'd just keep an eye on him and if he seems miserable or if it gets worse, temp etc, take him.

Clare - Thank goodness Leila is on the mend, very scary stuff.

Hi Girls,

Clare- I am glad Leila is getting better.
    MD You poor love I just want to come and give you a big hug.
    Sherie- Have a wonderful time tomorrow.
    Pregpan- Poor N Hope he is better soon. Yep I would probally take him to the dr.
    Noni- Olivia still dosent have any teeth...
    Hayley- I am glad Maddie is back to normal and Yippe for no more work for the week.

Well Olivia is starting daycare on thursdays and Fridays starting next week. She is saying mumma and bubba now too (its so cute ).

Better go I have heaps of work to do today. And making my Famous Roast Chicken for dinner tonight for my cousin.

Talk to you all soon

ugggg we were up every 1-2 hours last night and this morning at 8am when she wanted to get up and dp was going to work i just broke down in tears.. these teeth sure are giving us touble!! though when i out my finger in her mouth this morning i can feel a rough bit for one of them but not the other so maybe they wont break through at the exact same time but they are deffinately both coming.. i eventually got her back to sleep this morning for another 2 hours but i am sooo exhausted!!
    haley - its been found that a chemical used to make baby bottles seeps into the formula when u heat the bottle or microwave the bottle or pour very hot water into a bottle.. canada has taken alot of baby bottles off the shelf.. u can read about it if u google bpa in baby bottles.. it hasnt been proven to be harmful yet we just switched to glass for peace of mind really because if theres a chemical leaking into her formula i dnt want her drinking it whether its harmful or not i am the kinda person to sit there watching her drink and worrying
    leanne - congrats to olivia for saying mumma and bubba
    cassius - glad leila is better now
    md - biiiig hugs i know how u feel with the sleep thing its driving me insane atm too sometimes i just wanna tell her to shutup as bad as that is because i have only had a few hours sleep...

Hello lovely mums!

Noni - Poor Asha, I hope her teeth come through sooner rather than later. We could see the white in his gums for such a long time before they came through. Did you try rubbing Vegemite on her gums? Someone mentioned that worked before. Maybe you could give her some panadole before bed time? Give her a big cuddle from me.

Leemar - YUM, can I come around for your famous roast chicken too! How are you feeling about Olivia going into daycare?

Hayley - So glad Maddie is back to herself. You were getting quite worried about her for a while there werent you. How is your uni work going? I soooo need to join a mothers group.

Clare - Thank god Leila is feeling better. MY heart jumped out of my chest when I read she had a rash. Must of been a huge scare. YOu did the right thing by taking her to the emergency.

Pregpan - Hey huN! Poor Noah! Sounds like there are alot of sick bubs around. I hope he is on the mend. NO sdoubt all your lovely gourmet cooking will get him right as rain Havent heard from Queenie in such a long time. I wish I knew how her & Sacha were going!

Sherie - Poor Leiha I hope you have a great time today. I bet you and your sister have alot to catch up on I bet she cant wait to see Alister.

Marydean - I got so upset when i read that you were crying at the clinic. I feel so terrible. I wish there was something I could do to help. I hope you find some andwers at QE2. Keep smiling, you and DH will get through this.

Waiting on my Auntys results today *sigh*. They should of been here at the start of the week. I have been visiting her and she is having a hard time getting use to the 'bag'. We also found out that DH's grandpa has mouth cancer. Also 2 family friends died this week. Ive had a few moments where Ive thought how awful life can be, but luckily I have an amazing little man in my life and all I need to do is look at him to know how beautiful it can be oh *****...getting teary!

Good news though. Ive started giving Rory dinner and he has been sleeping through the night. The past 2 weeks he had been waking up for his dummy. I couldnt figure out what was wrong....Doh, he was HUNGRY!!

I gave Rory some of my bun to chew on yesterday and he starting choking, and I mean CHOKING! My mum had him and I just froze, my mind was racing but I just freaked! We were at the hospital and I was just about to scream out NURSE when he got it down. Wont be doing that again.

oh and im still bleeding but ive got a drs appointment Fri
    Last edited by reneenay; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:44 PM.

Noni- I hope you get some sleep tonight.
    Renee- WTG Rory for sleeping through. Sorry to hear about your family and friends I would love for you to come over for dinner. I am Ok now with Olivia going to daycare although I was a bit nervous the first day.

Have a wonderful day to all

renee - good to hear from you. i am sorry you and your fam are having such a rough time. I am thinking of you. xxx
    Leeanne - can i come for dinner too?? I dont know how to do roast chook and i want to learn! i am bad at roasts generally. I am glad you feel ok about olivia going to day care. i am sure she will do well there.
    Hayley - i enjoy going to work if i am honest. i do feel bad feel bad leaving N but i know it is ok really.. other mums can make me feel bad but we all do what is best for us, our fam and our kids. he was so happy when i got him yesterday, he had had a great day so that made me feel better. I hope he is happy when i get him today too.
    I am going to leave at 3.30 or 4 to get him.. in my first week i think this is fair!
    MD how are u today?

Pregpan- Yep you can come too. Roast Chicken is the easiest. I show you how.

LEE'S FAMOUS ROAST CHICKEN

1 X CHICKEN - MEDIUM ( I usually buy the twin pack from coles or wollies and cook both)
    1 packet of French Onion Soup Mix - (1 per chicken)

Rinse Chicken under water then sprinkle over Soup Mix.
    Place in Baking Dish and fill baking dish up with water to the start of the wings.
    Bake in Oven for 1 hr on 200 degrees
    Take out and bast half way though.

I cut up carrots and put in the water with the chicken.

Gravey: Take out chicken when cooked and poor chicken water in a jug with
    Gravox Chicken gravey mix. Yummy and this makes the dish.

Serve with Roast Tatties and Sweet Potato and carrots and corn.

Could not be simplier.

just got back from westpoint lol my friend talked me into getting pictures of asha done after they had some of their little boy done.. they were having a special where uu get them all done and u get a free normal sized pic of your choice and then u can decide if u wanna buy any more or not.. u do have to choose one pic to put in a competition though but its just in that photo studio and u just win a voucher and a trophie lol... Asha was a bit tired but there were a few smiles.. she was put in 3 poses one sitting in a little white cain chair with her clothes one and two naked one sitting up with a little purple flower near her and one laying on her tummy.. dp is very strict about not having her dressed up or put in silly themes etc etc so the lady was a bit confused but she was really nice and cooperative lol dp wasnt with me but ive got no chance of getting any pics if thats what they are like lol... i noticed some parts of her skin were a bit red too lol ahh well we will see how they come out.. maybe they will fix that up anyway? i am not sure...
    we get to view them the day before mothers day lol convenient or what!!! i ordered some key rings though coz they were 3 for 20 bucks and u have to order those on the spot which is a bit dodgy if u ask me i got them of the setting where she had her clothes on lol i felt weird about carrying around a naked pic of my baby with me and whoever i give them to aswell lol probably silly but oh well..
    leanne - that recipe sounds delish might have to try it out!!
    renee - havnt tried the vegemite thing but i should lol coz asha loves vegemite.. we are trying the braur teething releif i have tried it before and thought it didnt work lol but i dnt think the problem then was actually teething i think it was something else lol... ive got nurofen and panadol on hand too but i try to keep those for if its reallybad.. i suppse waking every few hours is really bad lol i gave her panadol last night though and it didnt make a diff nurofen this morning seemed to help her go back to sleep though maybe i should give her some before bed lol i have no idea...

Leanne - Yumo your chicken sounds delicious and does sound so simple, I will be giving that one a go too.

Noni - Poor Asha, hope you guys can get some sleep tonight. Sounds like you are doing all the tricks, so hopefully they pop through soon!

Renee - Hope you Aunty gets good news from her results today. You can come along to the mothers group I go to if you like? They met at the Left Bank today, but I couldnt go. They are a good bunch of girls. Uni is going well, thanks for asking, I'm feeling on top of it all...atm!

Pregpan - I so know what you mean about other mums making you feel bad about daycare. You just learn not to listen to them. You are doing a good thing for Noah.

Just went down to the target sale because Maddie needs winter clothing, but I aborted the mission halfway through because she was chucking a major tanty and wouldnt let me put her down at all. Gave up in the end and came home, carrying her in one arm and pushing the pram in the other all the way to the car...little ratbag hehe.

sorry for being slack in posting....been reading tho.

big big hugs md! hope sleep gets better

noni good luck w/ asha's teeth

clare, good to hear that rashes aren't anything too bad.

hayley, i know what you mean about having to carry bub while pushing pram one-handed. even harder when it's an old pram that doesn't run as smoothly.

renee, haven't had bad choking from max but have experienced it quite a bit and it really scares me. so, i went online and found a course conducted by st john ambukance called "caring for kids". course content includes basic life support to a child, management of choking/wounds/internal and external bleeding/infection control/poisons, bites, and stings/burns/medical emergencies for children, etc. it's an 8-hour course and costs $100.00. don't know if they've got it in all states but would think so. have signed up for it for may.

sherie, hope you had a good day w/ family.

leanne, have used a diff version of the roast chicken. less healthy as it includes rubbing butter all over the chook.

pregpan, yippee!! work week over.

AF been back since just before we went on holiday.

max progress...caught her standing in her cot holding onto rails yesterday morning. saw her crawling 3x today. not far. just about 3 hand movements worth. think big movements are coming really soon.

have bought playpen online for $85. saw same one in 2 baby shops selling for more than $100. and it's free postage too.

after talking about getting a car for dh since before max's birth, we've finally ordered one and getting it next week. yippeee!!!

hi to anyone/everyone i missed.

Renee, that must have been scary with Rory choking! Apparently white bread isn't very good as it can goo up in a ball in the back of their throat. The grains in multigrain bread help to break it up a bit.
    For reference in case anyone has a choking bub:
    If they are still coughing/gagging then leave them to it as it the most effective way to clear the airway but if they are not making a sound/making odd sounds and are going red/blue then:
    If your baby can't clear her airway on her own and you believe something is trapped there, carefully position her face down on your forearm with your hand supporting her head and neck. Rest the arm holding your baby on your thigh.

Support your baby so that her head is lower than the rest of her body. Then, using the heel of your hand, give her five firm and distinct back blows between her shoulder blades to try to dislodge the object.

Next, place your free hand (the one that had been delivering the back blows) on the back of your baby's head with your arm along her spine. Carefully turn her over while supporting her head and neck. Support your baby face up with your forearm resting on your thigh, still keeping her head lower than the rest of her body.

Place the pads of two or three fingers just below an imaginary line running between your baby's nipples. To give a chest thrust, push straight down on the chest 1/2 to 1 inch, then allow the chest to come back to its normal position.

Give five chest thrusts. The chest thrusts should be smooth, not jerky.

Continue the sequence of five back blows and five chest thrusts until the object is forced out or your baby starts to cough. If she's coughing, let her try to cough up the object. If she becomes unconscious, she'll need CPR.

Give her two rescue breaths. If air doesn't go in (you don't see her chest rise), retilt her head and try two rescue breaths again.

If her chest still doesn't rise, give her 30 chest compressions. Look in her mouth and remove the object if you see it. Give her two more rescue breaths, repeat the chest compressions, and so on, until help arrives.
    Fianne, WTG Max on the pulling up and crawling!

Can't remember who asked but no AF here.

MD, I know the feeling of that final thing that turns you into a soggy mess. It isn't very nice, hope that E has a good sleep tonight so you can recharge a bit. I am alone tonight and the house is a sty, it must be horrible contemplating months of alone-ness. I wish we could do something to help you out. If you and the girls feel like a NZ holiday while your DH is away....

Cas, glad the rash was nothing too sinister, I don't usually worry about going to doctors but baby + sudden rash = panic

Noni, hope Asha's teeth pop through really soon for you. I was at a shop today and the lady had a six month old with bad teething problems. I told her that W's popped through without me noticing and she wasn't happy so I cheered her up by telling her that he still wakes up every 1-2 hours at night lol

Leemar, your chicken recipe sounds good. I will add my little tip too - if you tip boiling water over a roast chicken before cooking the skin shrinks a bit and you get a crispier finish.

Pregpan, the FDC sounds like it is working out really well for you That is really cool.

I thought W was asleep in the car and I got drive-thru. He saw me eat a chip and started with eh..EH...ARRRRRRR....MUUUUUUUMMMMM.....EEHHHHHHH getting progressively louder until I stopped at a rest area and we had a picnic. I didn't realise how much he likes to eat like a big boy lol (he didn't get the McD's, just banana and mandarin for him)

After letting him sit in the shower at mums I decided to take away his bath seat and just sit him on the non slip mat. He loved it, can kick his legs more and somehow managed to end up facing the opposite way.

Infant led weaning is still going really well. He loves cheese on toast, banana, cheese and marmite sandwiches and he happily tries anything else I give to him. I don't think he eats much of what he gets but he is very happy doing it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast