Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #27

You can chop and roast but the other veggies will go pink LOL.

didnt know how to delete so just removed it coz it was selfish and silly
    Last edited by *noni*e*; April 30th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Noni, feeling like a failure is the depression speaking, it is not the truth of who you are. You are the perfect and best mummy for Asha. I know you're feeling out of control right now and hun I really think you need some help. The eating and not eating is a symptom, it's not who you are. There are lots of women who find themselves in a similar situation, and there are support services that you can ring/visit who will understand what you are going through and not judge you. You are in a really hard place and I know you don't get a lot of support from your DP so you deserve some help from somewhere. Have a look at this website, you will see there's a link to some phone numbers that you can ring. Trust me hun you will get help and understanding, not judgement. Do it now before you slide even further down.

sorry didnt mean to worry u its not that bad i'm just a melodramatic narsocist lol just venting.. sorry i worried u i'm fine really..
    Last edited by *noni*e*; April 30th, 2008 at 10:47 PM.

Well, vent away whenever you need it Noni, that's what we're all here for! And that info is there in case you ever decide it's a good idea...likewise anyone else who is reading the thread who might be secretly not coping. We all go there sometimes.

OK, well E sleep well until about 4 am when DH decided she wanted to play so instead of settling her back to sleep he kept her up...!!!!! WTF, that's not teaching her to sleep!!!

md- grrr at ur dp!!!!!
    how much are all the little ones eating for breakfast?? asha can eat sooo much but i worry its too much lol.. i bought these ceramic chinese soup bowls i think they are kinda like a small bowl with high sides... asha finished a whole one full of fruit n cereal this morning do u think i am over feeding her?

Pregpan, if you leave them whole, with about an inch of the stem and all the root (make sure you get all the dirt off though) you can cook them with other vege and they wont bleed their colour onto everything else. Once they are cooked you can get the skin off then.

Noni hun, I don't know what you put in your post, but please don't ever think that we wont listen to you or take your problems seriously - we've all known one another for so long now that we should be able to share everything and not worry about being judged for it. Think of all the things you do for Asha - no one else could do it the way you do could they? And on the food thing, you can't overfeed her, she will start to spit it out or turn her head away if she is full. Alister has a full tupperware snackcup of cereal and fruit for brekkie and practically inhales it LOL he eats it that quick.

Marydean, I would not be a happy chappy if my DH did that with A. I think he should be on nightshift tonight with Miss E for that little escapade. But not waking till 4 would still have been good though. Did the bed warming work again last night do you think?

Alister had his best night in like forever last night LOL. He slept till 3am when DH came to bed and turned his bedside light off - he'd been out fox shooting (we have ewes lambing) and I left the bedside lamp on so he didn't stumble around in the dark and wake him, but when he woke after the light was turned off, it made me wonder if he needs the light on? When I put him to bed at night I leave the lamp on, so maybe that might be it?

Sherie, well she did get up twice before 4 but had a feed and settled back down with minimal fuss. I think the hot wheatie bag is working. But I got a bit cranky with DH, the amount of friggen palaver he goes thru, crashing around, it took him like 3 trips to the kitchen the get the wheat bag sorted (!), and he's obsessive about checking E's nappy (no wonder she woke up, I bet he turned the light on and wiped her bum with cold wipes). I gave him a good serve this morning. Which is quite mean cos he hasn't had much sleep, but pffft. That's his own fault If you ask me, he should've been more assertive and refused to go into work today.

We did a lot of experimenting with the light, because we noticed when E was still in our room that a lot of the waking up happened around the light levels changing, either on or off.

I've been wondering about the overfeeding too, I just can't spoon enough food into E, usually the food is gone and she's still sitting there with her mouth open LOL. Oops I think I'm repeating myself now.

lol md asha is the same i think she would just keep eating if i let her... but then does that mean shes not getting enough lol no idea..
    sherie - thanks for the support i just dont think i am ready to face it i had to erase it it just felt wrong venting it to u guys when dp dosnt even know how i feel...
    i was thinking of getting one of those toys that encourages bubs to pull themselves up etc because the environment asha is in atm isnt overly encouraging of that kind of development it being so small and the coffee table etc just covered with stuff not that i have any money but hey retail therapy!!!

Hi Girls!!!

I have been MIA the couple of days what with mums group that always rages outta control and the worlds biggest playgroup day yesterday, i was too pooped to do anything but watch mind-numbing tv like H&A...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! we had a great night out minus the bub (ahh godparents do come in handy!! LOL!!). we went to this FANTASTIC pizzeria. DH lorenzo is now claiming it to be the best pizza he's tasted outside of italy - even rang his parents back home to tell them...egad, such a dag!

that's so funny reading the stories on beetroot. i absolutely despise the stuff, yet leila thinks its the best thing since sliced bread (or at least since vegemite toasties)

Sherie: I think that your DH and mine must be related to the elephant family. i swear that my DH is the noisest person alive and he ALWAYS feels the need to thump down the hall, switching on lights and banging into furniture as he heads to the bathroom or goes to fill a very large glass of water that obviously needs 2 be banged against the taps. then he needs to hug the dog....meanwhile as he is doing this i can hear leila stirring in her room...and bingo 10 minutes later she is up. ggggrrrrr. i am starting to sound like a nag to him i am sure of it and we have only been married for 2 months!! LOL!

Noni: i dont know what you did but THANKS SO MUCH for the sleep vibes!! we have had the best 2 nights in such a long time!!! keep sending them sista!!!
    I asked my MACH nurse the other month how much i should be feeding leila and she reckons as much as she wants. what with all the growing and brain development they need it all to burn for energy. leila eats like a horse. and is scoffing 3 hearty meals a day plus BF and a couple of morning and afternoon snacks...

MD woo hoo on the sleep!!! i was also thinking of putting in an oil column heater in Leila's room. i dont want to buy a timer one just in case it turns out not to be nice for her, so i am thinking of rigging it up so that the cord goes under her bedroom door and when we go to sleep i can just disconnect it. i'll try it tonight and see how it goes.
    i like the idea of the wheat pack. leila's cot is so cold when i put her in it and she gets such a shock. my grandma told me the other night that i should put a hot water bottle in there just before she goes to bed to warm it up for her and then take it out as i put her in...but the wheat pack sounds much nicer; i think i still have one from my pg backache days...

Hayley: at this stage it looks as though we may be off to the states. that is where the work is for historians ATM. so DH is travelling there a fair bit. otherwise we will be living in italy in a few years. not sure for how long. i am pushing for 6 months only, while DH would like to go for a year...i dont think i could last that long in the vicinity of the ILS!!! we are going over there in sept this year and i think the 3 weeks or so that we have planned is more than enough!!! LOL!

Cally: leila now sleeps on her tum. one day i went in and almost had a heart attack as i found her lying like that!!! i now find that she sleeps really well and rarely stirs, unlike when she was on her back and was forever trying to roll over. during the day sleeps i put her in on her back and she rolls herself over, but at night i put her straight down on her belly as the effort of rolling over in her sleeping bag is enough to wake her up too much.

anyway best be off as i am procrastinating her at uni. the office is empty so no-one to have coffee with....and it is cold and rainy...ahh winter.

p.s. i had a footmuff arrive for leilas pram yesterday and i have to recommend them!! what a fantastic little invention. no more blankets to lug around and drop!! and so very warm and toasty!

Clare have you told us what you are doing at uni (I think you have but I've forgotten)...aaaah I'm so jealous of you flying around the world and going to live o/seas. Is the footmuff specific to the brand of pram you have or is it generic?

I wonder how Gracie's getting along, whether she's got rid of the fam visitors yet??

Noni, re the food, I just feed what I think is a reasonable amount. I figure she will top up later on BM if she's still hungry. When you have a toddler tho you are always amazed at how much they can eat, it's because they are still growing.

I am so excited - Will took his first steps!! I was showing DH how he can stand by himself and he started walking. He only did 4 steps then he wobbled and I caught him but it was so cool.

BBL for personals, just had to share.

Arte - Are you sure Will is only 7 months old!? lol. Good on him, that is great!!

Clare - How was the world's biggest playgroup day? I saw advertisements for it but never ended up going. I know what you mean about being too close to the inlaws, mine are staying this weekend and I am dreading it. They are nice enough, just my MIL is over the top! Italty will be beautiful, what an experience. & The states too...lucky duck.

Noni - Hope you are ok today, and feel free to vent away. And I agree, you arent over feeding Asha, besides someone told me get as much veggies in them while they are young before they decide that they dont like them hehe. Terrors.

MD - Silly DH, had to have a laugh though sorry, because my man is the same, he has no idea lol. Glad to hear things have settled down a bit, keep doing what you think is working, who cares if its strange iykwim!!

Sherie - Wow fox hunting I'd be scared! Do they take many of your lambies? Poor lambies.

Pregpan - Hope you arent so stressed today and feeling more of top of your work!

I ended up taking Maddie for her flu shot yesterday, although I almost cancelled after reading some bad info about it online. Went along anyway and spoke to the doc, she has young kids herself and has always been so nice and supportive to me, so I trust her judgement. Also it isnt a 'live shot' which means they arent injecting the live flu into her. She is fine today and I'm feeling glad that I did get it after all.

We are off to the park now for a swing!

Gracie - I didnt realise that you are a secondary teacher!! What subject do you teach if you dont mind me asking?

ashas got a bit of a nasty cough... is croup contageous??? eeek dps mum had it a while back but was saying it wasnt contageous because it was an irritation but not an infection.. i have a feeling thats wrong though? anyway we are taking her to the dr tnw avo to be sure she is ok...
    the second tooth is just about to pop through here at the bottom so its been a hellish afternoon!!!
    arte-wooooaaaahhh first steps asha cant even crawl yet!! i got her this toy that u can walk with u know a push along thing but it goes too fast for her lol shes not up to taking steps yet lol.. she loves the music it plays though its a wiggles one lol she goes nuts for it!!

Noni, croup itself describes a set of symptoms not an actual type of virus, it can be caused by a number of viruses (see fact sheet here). Keep her room well heated and if you can beg/borrow/steal a vaporiser that will help too. If you suspect she's having trouble breathing at any point keep her warm & take her straight to the ER/call an ambulance.

LOL at her going nuts at the Wiggles music, sounds like a crack up! I hope you see that tooth soon! Re your other post, you know we are here for you hun, and you know you can do something about it when you are ready. xxx

Well DH is in a disgrace again this morning, I was in the shower last night when the alarm clock went off (to remind me to bid on a playpen) and he turned it off and said nothing to me(!!!) HELLO alarm clocks don't just turn themselves on...??!! I'm so *over* dragging E out from under the desk (she is magnetically attracted to any cords and it's spaghetti-ville down there, but $100 is a ridiculous amount of money for a playpen especially when I could've had one from ebay for half that!

Hayley, I'm going off for my fluvax next week...don't know yet if I'll get E done. Something to think about. She's got a permanent snot-nose right now, thanks to her older sister's poor snot-hygeine .

Arte, that's just amazing that Will is walking - tho is does sound like he's been leading up to it for a while now! woohoo! He'll be skiing down those NZ slopes soon LOL.

Ok, further progress on The Bettster - SLEPT AGAIN LAST NIGHT!!!! Got up for a normal brief feed at 2 ish then not again until 6 ish. Heard her stirring around midnight but obviously took herself back to sleep. Ohhhh I feel like a normal mummy again. Keep everything crossed for us that it lasts! Now I'm petrified it's only cos DH is home and he'll leave again and it'll all be ON!

Re my FDC search, "interviewed" another yesterday who only wants a full-time baby (!) Could've told me that before I planned my afternoon around it. Seeing another on Monday but then it will be crunch time as I'm determined to have her in care by the time DH goes away again.

Morning Girls,

Art- WTG Will... You are a smart baby
    MD- Congratulations to E on Sleeping. Sending some more sleeping vibes for E

Well we seem to be getting over the flu slowly. Olivia is liking daycare and the boys have now moved up to senior kindy. They all still only go 2 days a week. We are going to a wedding on sunday and kids are all sleeping over at Granny's... I have now brought Olivia down to 3 x 240mls bottles now and have increased her intake of water. She seems to be doing very well. She is now 8 mths old and going strong although she not quite mastered crawling forward yet. Still no teeth although they are going to be along very soon I think. She also loves to stand.

Have a wonderful day to all

woo hoo Will!! what a mover and a shaker!! leila thinks she's the bee's knees when she manages to get on all fours, let alone stand and walk!!

wow 8 months for her today. it is so strange that we are fast approaching the year mark. when she was born i couldnt imagine life beyond those first 6 months, and now they are well and truly behind us!!

MD: crack out the champers for the sleep!!

i am studying the management of the media by DFAT and AusAID during Oz gov interventions and dealings with pacific nations...

i was looking at the footmuff for my bugaboo...but at almost $200 i opted for something else...so i came across this lady on ebay who sells pramskins. she makes the most gorgeous little accessories for prams and strollers etc. it is so pretty. when i work out how to upload photos on this thing i'll post some piccies!

Leemar: great to hear you guys are feeling better! it seems that Olivia and leila are two peas in a pod! no teeth, think standing is cool and only managing the whole crawling backwards rather than forwards!! leila gets so frustrated by it!

Hayley: the playgroup thing was ok. i dont think it's that great for bubs in our age bracket. all the things offered for them are things you get by going to story or rhyme time at the local library (and it's free). i felt that it was just an advertising gimmick by playgroup and had us part with $6. that said, if leila was a toddler it seemed a bit more approriate...

anyway best dash as i have a delish dry wonton noodle dish beckoning me...ahh i love days at uni! LOL!!

Clare

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast