Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #28

hi everyone
    thanks for all the kind words - not that thereis such a thing as supermummy IMO but I am working hard to balance everything right now... an example of how hard it was yest when we got a call from FDC at 1.30pm that N was unwell - he was totally off his food and had thrown up twice (v unlike him)... so had to drop everything and go to dr... who could find nothing wrong. he is still off his food poorlittle man,i wonder what is up?? oh well i got an afternoon of cuddles with my boy so life could be worse LOL!
    welcome rachael - and i had the pronouncation right as well! look fwd to getting to know you and hearing all about matty and gabe in due course.
    Noni - dont beat yourself up if WW isnt going well this week, just start again!! let us know how you get along.
    MD - shame you didnt like the sleep sem - a friend went to it last week and they have so far had a lot of success in implementation. She actually copied a part of the book from there fr me, so i am about to read it and aybe start too as N is pretty bad these days. that said sometimes he is a wonderful self settler so i am hoping we will go ok. is thenext step QE2? have you got any way to get some more help esp when DH is away? (I am sure fdc will help, when does E start??). yay onthe movies -we also went on sat night (Saw made of honour - dont bother!!)
    Gracie - how good is bachelor these days? even my DH is now into it!!! LOL! do you watch mistrsses?
    Sherie - so what did the dentist say to do re the tooth?? geez glamorous mummy time you got!!! I hope you make up for that on mothers day!
    Cally sounds like Katie is doing really well. you must be feeling a lot better too... how many meals does she have these days?
    I had another big cook up for N last night - roast veges (which he eats as finger food or puree), a beef casserole again and a rice pudding with prunes. yummo. he eats better than me LOL!! i also made him rhubarb and apple on the weekend which he LOVES!
    Arte - did DH redeem himself????
    Hi to everyone else... be back later i hope (lasty work day for the week for me YAY YAY YAY!!)

Aaah Noni, we'll all have to gang up and send some sleepy vibes back to your house, sounds like Asha's toofies are still keeping her up?

On an aside, at the sleep group, we had to all go around and say what the problem was. Except for one woman whose baby gets up once a night and she wants it to sleep thru (and I can tell you the mood of the room turned on this woman, just wanted to slap her smug ass), many of the other ppl had similar issues - baby sleeping fine until 5-6 months, then teething started then it all went out the window. So those little toofies are causing havoc across the countryside, ladies!

Sherie, owie ouch on the hot pokers. Naprogesic is good too. But I found the very best thing was some Chinese herbs - possibly the most foul thing you will ever taste but gee they worked. And oh dear about clenching your jaw at nighttime. Did they say anything about using a mouth guard thingy at night?

Cally, yep my referral is good to go now. However, not sure that I need it now. Baby E has started (magically) sleeping again. Two get ups last night, first one DH took a bit longer to settle, second one she just went straight off to sleep again. Hmmm, waiting to see what happens when DH goes away again next week. Anyway, the main thing that was glaringly apparent to me when I was there is that the problem is not that E hasn't been sleeping, it's that DH goes away so much.

Anyway, a few other interesting things that might/might not be useful. Noni, I asked our question about how much is too much food, and she said it's quite normal to be feeding 1/2 cup of main dinner and 1/2 cup of fruit & custard/cereal for each meal (three times a day). Which is a lot more than E has been having! She also talked about the optimal time between a milk feed and a solid feed being 1/2 an hour, and around 9 mths you can switch from offering the milk feed first to offering the solids first. (Sounds like a pretty sure path to weaning for BFing mummies, if you ask me, but probably useful for the bottle feeding mummies to know). The other thing she talked about was not giving the solids meal too close to bedtime, hmmm we might have been guilty of that. It was funny that I came back and you'd all been talking about the same thing anyway!

And she also talked about night feeds and apparently it revs up their metabolism, increases their body temp, and increases their urine output which can make them more wakeful. So then they feed more and they are more wakeful and so it becomes a vicious cycle, they can get away with only snacking in the daytime (cos they're too busy to feed properly) and before you know it you're up a million times a night. They recommend cutting out all night feeds until about 5-6am when the baby will need it again. Anyway, This sort of makes sense as DD1 naturally regulated herself by getting up for a feed before I went to bed but then not again until 5.30ish, but with E it seems like the night feeds are just breeding more night feeds. I'm taking some of this but leaving the rest, because DD1 started weaning herself when I stopped night feeds and we're not ready for that with E yet. So I'll be offering a feed if E gets up before midnight, and again after 5-6 am, but not in between, unless we've tried other settling techniques for a good 45 mins or so. Of course none of this will happen until I have DH home for a run of a few weeks.

Righto, I'd best be off. I've got to opshop for a Ned Kelly costume for DD1 by tmrw. Better remember to buy grey cardboard too. Oh the joys!

ETA- Pregpan, E starts at FDC on Mon. Aaaaargh! I'm sure she will be fine, but I'm not sure if I should go out or hang around in case I hear her crying from across the road...? Tricky one. We'll start with a couple of hours and work up from there.
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 7th, 2008 at 10:32 AM.

Gracie - I downloaded East of Everything from the ABC website so I'll watch the final episode some time.

Pregpan - you are a busy little beaver aren't you!! You are cooking up a storm, I made some chicken casserole and a beef one for K yesterday.

Sherie - So do you just have to live with the tooth pain for now? Bummer about AF.

On the solids: who has stopped pureeing and is just mashing?

MD - that is a lot of food they can eat!! So you were told that at this age they should be right to go at least 10 hours overnight without a feed? At the moment I still do milk first and then we have solids say 30 minutes later (depending on what else we're doing). So I'll stick with that for a bit longer. Often lunch is a while after a milk feed because of nap times. I'd still go for the referral anyway, you can always cancel it if E sticks with the sleeping!

Cally, yep, she kept repeating like an automaton "At this age they get all their calorie intake during the day". Hehehe but I know there was at least 1 other BFing mummy there who didn't believe it either. I've always said I don't mind getting up once or twice a night to feed, but it's just when you get on the waking-feeding-waking roundabout it gets a bit much!!

md like your new sig!!!

Hi Girls,

Food- I just mash

Well I got a speeding ticket this morning... OMG... I was doing 75 in a 60... Just dropped the kids of at mums and was on my way to work... I was in my brothers car as mum needed mine today due to the boys going to gymnastics this morning. I was not even looking at the speedo.. what and idiot...

Hi Rachel and welcome back

Have a great day to all

My aunty doesnt have cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh renee hon i am sooooooooo happy to hear that, what wonderful news. It is a shame she had to wait so long for the results but fabulous news to receive in the long run.
    Cally - i have been pureeing but am leaving more chunks. i didnt puree or mash the rice pud i made, i figured soft enough for him to eat. And last night i kept some roast vegt for him that he can pick up and eat. I have been kinda slack with the finger foods as we are soooo scared of choking but i know i better get onto it.
    as you can see i am amjorly procrastinating today... not good! then i will get stressed out about not having done enough work this week LOL

Renee- Thats Fantastic News. Congratulations

deleted - double post
    Last edited by spring_ag; May 7th, 2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: double post

Have been MIA for a while. First W was sick then myself then DH. Not fun at all, feeling weak but still needed to take care of 2 sick babies.
    W is a bit better now, though I can still see some viral rash on his body. Still hasnt figured out how to crawl forward yet but can move from crawling to sitting position and the other way around. Six teeth so far

Renee yay! What a great news
    Arte happy birthday!
    Gracie, werent you away from your house on that crazy windy day about a month ago? Good on you, I just found out that our friends house (in monbulk) got hit by their neighbours tree (a big tree!) and their own tree has fallen to their neighbours house.
    IMO cut your hair, I cut my hair short a couple of months ago and loving it!
    Hayley, yay on dinner & movie, bummer on sugar
    Sherie yay on baby free time. ETA I think I have misinterpreted it, wouldnt consider it a baby free time if you're going to the dr LOL. Hope AF pain settles soon, this is why i am so not looking forward to af, mine is really painful that i sometimes pass out
    Rachael welcome
    Pregpan hope Noah feels better soon, yay for not having to work tomorrow
    Noni hope you can get some rest
    MD glad to hear E is sleeping again, hope she keeps it up. So you finally get an FDC place? Good on you, will be thinking of you and E on Monday.
    Leanne, sorry about speed ticket

Hi to everyone else
    Last edited by spring_ag; May 7th, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

Leanne - bummer about the ticket. Whoops!

Renee - yay for your auntie!! That's great news.

MD - Interesting that QE2 insist that they still need an overnight feed at this age. Shame there isn't consistency amongst the professionals.

Agnes - wow, 6 teeth!!

Well we might go and give yogurt another go.

Hi Girls! Just a quick one from me as i need to help DH hang out the washing (in the pouring rain...go figure).

Renee: WOOOO HOOOO on your Aunty's great news!!!! Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!!!

Rachel: Hello and welcome! we talk ALOT in here, so a couple of days and we are pages away....as i have just found myself LOL!!

Ok gotta dash before WW3 breaks out here...

BBL

Cally, yeah it seems the teething fairy makes quite a frequent visit to our house lol. How did the yoghurt go, does K like it? We havent tried that here, I bought Jalna yoghurt the other day but then I was quite hesitant to give it to him so I finished the whole tub!! Full fat yoghurt, hhhmmm not good for my belly lol

Clare, hanging out the washing under the rain, something to do with water savings perhaps

Renee YAY! That is fantastic news!

MD, Thanks for the ego boost, I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself about my lack of friends lately. My DH would spew if I had five prams LOL He complains that I have 3 ( but I need them all!)

Leanne, I got my first speeding ticket a couple of months ago. I was driving my new car and was going 75 in a 50 zone.

Pregpan, you sound like a supermum to me. Hope N is feeling o.k.

Noni, how did WW go? I am considering joining because my junk food diet isn't helping me lose any weight.

MD, that seems like a heap of food per meal - I have tried W a couple of times with a spoon but he still refuses it. He probably only actually swallows a couple of teaspoons of finger food per meal. I am a bit worried that he isn't eating enough because his weight seems to be staying the same and I don't feel like I have as much milk lately. I really hope I am not drying up, I would be devastated.

Aglinra, glad W is feeling better. How is daycare going? Are you back at work? How is it going?

Yay, DH dug the speakers out of storage and I am listening to music I haven't been able to for months. I love Blindspott!
    Last edited by Artechim; May 7th, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

oh gosh so many posts..
    renee - thats great news!!!!!
    pregpan - can i have ur fish recipe again u know the creamy one? i need to get asha to eat a meat that isnt chicken lol and beef atm isnt having any success!!
    md - looove the sig lol
    arte - ww was good well kinda good i have lost weight but not much.. just happy not to put on really..
    agnes - 6 teeth omg lol asha is only just about to get her second lol
    leanne - oops @ the speeding ticket it happens though no point worrying about it now.. just sucks that there had to be a camera there really!!!
    food - we mostly blend but it really depends what it is i mean meats etc need to be blended and some fruits its just easier and i am lazy lol but i blend to a still lumpy consistancy not the really smooth anymore
    sorry to anyone i missed migh be back later if i get time

Renee that is the BEST news ever!!!! I guess the old adage 'no news is good news' really did apply.

Noni, that's great you had a loss at WW today!

Arte, don't worry about how much he has to eat - some babies just don't *eat* a lot and others are just slow to start. I'm sure he is getting plenty of nourishment

Hi Agnes! Will is going great guns with the teeth.

Ouch Leanne! What a bummer. I don't like driving strange cars for that reason.

Pregpan, how is Noah tonight?

Marydean, I would have been seething at that Mum too - way to go to make everyone else feel bad. I would take from it what suits you and reject the rest (the feeding etc) There is info that Barb posted once that said many BF babies get more nourishment at nightfeeding becuase they aren't so distracted so therefore have a better feed kwim?

About the teeth, they aren't sore now, but they were when I made the appointment lst week. They are tender though - he tapped them with the end of his mirror handle and I nearly jumped out of the chair, so that's why he thinks its ginding/clenching. So nothing needs done unless it gets sore again.

renee- that's fantastic news, awesome! what a relief xo

pregpan- loving the bachelor, i did like sarah canada though. who do you think will win? i think the dark haired pretty actress one - can't think of her name...really stunning looking though. i don't watch the mistress as we don't have channel 7, i've read a write up though that says it's supposed to be good.

cally- omg you HAVE to watch east of everything. it was the best episode ever! i loved it

sherie- lmao at alister going past and stinking...

agnes- yes i left the mountain that day. too scarey to hang around. one of my good friends lives in monbulk too and they had 4 trees down. it's one of the downfalls of living up here. the lolly shop at olinda had a huge huge tree go right through the middle of it. luckily it was at 6pm so no-one was in it.

thanks for all your encouragement about hair cut. i've ummed and ahhhed and spoken to dp and i've decided to go for it. i've been looking on internet for pics of how i want it. have had to change the appointment till friday so dp can look after lewis as he has to work tomorrow...wish me luck!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast