Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #28

Default Babies Born September 2007 #28

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-27-a.html

Okay guys I dont know if im allowed to ask this (Sherie??) And im going to feel like a real dork but here it goes anyway................. Would any of you mind saving me your heinz labels (the ones with the purple wrapper around the lid) ?? Im trying so hard to get Rory that darn Train but the way im going im not going to make it by the promotion close date. Ive got my mum on the case too haha. Gosh I hope I dont sound rude! xxxxx

hi renee - i would save them for you, but i haven't bought any heinz yet. Hope you get enough to get the train.
    gracie - love the hair style! Maybe you could go to one of those wig shops and try on a few short ones to see whether you'll like it.

Gosh its been busy in here! Well I got through the weekend with the in laws staying...all was well apart from MIL sneaking sugar onto Maddie's weetbix one morning and then smugly telling me after she'd fed it to her! Grr. Apart from that we had two date nights as on Fri night DP and I went to the footy (so romantic) and Sat night we went to dinner and the movies while Maddie stayed at home with granny and grandad. It was so nice to get out without a baby, pram and baby bag.

Sorry to hear alot of the bubs have been having trouble sleeping, hope you can get some decent sleep tonight ladies.

Renee - Sorry havent been buying Heinz lately. I didnt even know you could win anything, whoops!

Clare - Sorry to hear Leila has been ill. Thats not good of the daycare people just forgetting to feed etc. Thats terrible!! Make sure you say something.

Sherie - Thanks for the top regarding the baby food jars, I will be using that little trick for sure!

Gracie - Definately cut your hair, it would look great! Sometimes I wonder why i've picked teaching as well lol. Your subject sounds interesting though! I agree its a shame that we dont all live in the same area.

Arte - Is poor Will feeling better?

MD - I also cant believe how many strollers you have! So funny!

Fianne - Yay for Max and her crawling!

Hi to Cally, Jazmum & Noni and anyone else I've missed. Sorry i need to go to bed, sooo tired.

had the worst night here!!! asha screamed for 3 hours straight.. nothing coulf console her i gave her nurofen and panadol but nothing.. eventually she drifted off laying on me poor thing i think its her teeth but idk why it took so long for the painkillers to work..
    so very tired here!!!
    bought dressing gowns for asha and i yesterday because i dnt like having the heater on when shes around (we just have one of those free standing ones) she looks sooo cute in it lol..
    anyway my brain is lost and i dnt know what to say... going to ww tmw and feeling very nervous because i havnt been in 2 weeks and that usually means i put on weight

Noni Sorry Asha had such a hard night. She is doing it really tough with those teeth isn't she!

Haley, what the hell was your MIL thinking with the sugar on the weet-bix? Did she know you don't do it that way or was it some sort of 'lesson' to show you nothing bad will happen? How rude! Glad you guys had a couple of baby free nights out.

Gracie, I can't find your gallery to see your new haircut but I think I know the one and I think it will look good

Fianne, congrats on Max's crawling and pulling up. I can't leave W alone in a room anymore because he pulls up on anything even if it is unstable and likely to come down on top of him eg the clothes horse

It is my birthday today, DH forgot to say anything before he left for work. This time last year I was half-way pregnant.

Will is mostly better from his cold, I just can't believe how much snot can come out of someone so small! Yesterday he sneezed and a 10cm streak of snot took flight. The cold is having a very happy side effect - he can't feed to sleep properly so isn't waking as often! Last night he woke around 12.30pm, I gave him a cuddle and woke at 6.30am with my arms still around him. He has also had a couple of day naps where he hasn't needed resettling after one sleep cycle. Hope it continues after his nose clears.

hahahaha Renee! I was going to ask if anyone wanted them - so of course you can have mine! I don't mind sending them over to you. How many do you need?

Hi Jaz!

Arte, the flying snot is sooo gross LOL. Glad he is on the mend now

Noni, Hugs for you today hun, it sounds like you need them.

Hayley, woohoo for the dates! (even if it was footy LOL)

I have no idea what when on in the end of the last thread so sorry if I missed anything, but Gracie, sounds like you are in for a new hairdo?

I am having my first baby-free time today! Although it's only so I can go to the dentist. I think I have an abcess on my lower left gum, possibly meaning root canal therapy Thank god we have PHI LOL - that costs a bomb. Oh, and AF hit with full force this morning too - heavy and painful - so I am making an appointment with my Dr today to get it seen too.

Alister had another crap night, but the tooth is through today, so that is 3 mow. I gave him dinner at 3.30pm yesterday to see if that made a difference to his sleep, and it wasn't as bad as the night before. Little piggy ate another tupper snack cup of food, but I cut out his 4pm bottle and brought forward his 6pm one to 5.30 and it seemed to work well.

I just read the last thread and noticed some of you can't see the gallery link. I assume you are using the default skin colour (blue)? If so, then go right down the bottom of the screen, and on the bottom left hand corner of the menu along the bottom (there is a contact us, forums and archives link on it) there is a drop down menu, click on that and you will see 'default style' or 'bellybelly 364'. Click on the BB one and you get a purple bb forum skin. There you will have the gallery link back.

Ouch Sherie, infected teeth is soooo painful. I had it when I was a teen (thankfully dental care for under 18's is free) and still remember the pain. It was a mutant tooth that had about 6 roots in it - I remember him pulling out about 4 and leaving a couple. The poor tooth is still a baby tooth and is held together by multiple fillings. I feel really bad for you. And AF pain too! That really sucks.

Sherie, I am using the bellybelly364 but the galleries are still gone. I have tried flicking between the two and no change

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARTE!!!!
    I can't believe dh didn't say anything!!!
    don't worry, dp forgot mine last year

well, i'm having second thoughts about getting my hair cut. i'm too scared it will make me look fat and boyish.

we booked tickets last night to go to sydney for the weekend for a farewell party. it will be lewis' first time on a plane. any tips anyone?
    i have nothing to wear so i'm heading over to knox city to try to buy something. wish me luck in finding something to cover these muffin tops!

hi everyone!!!! sorry i have been MIA life has been rather hectic with work and all... but all is going well here. Noah is just gorgeous as ever - having some good nights and some bad... but i suspect thats life with a 7 month old from reading the posts here! I think i have skipped some so sorry if i miss anything important, have tried to read and catch up but as i said its beenbusy! was in melb yesterday for work.. i have to get up at such an awful time for these days trips but it isbetter than being away overnight i guess. on the DH away side... he is away again next week and theni worked out in the next 6 weeks 4 of the weekends are stuffed up with his bloody work trips. not impressed! he hates going too so it is not pleasant here with all the trips looming.
    Renee - that is soooo awful you have not heard back from the dr. i think it is terrible they would leave something hanging like that. isnt there a dr covering for him/her?
    how are things with Dwayne now? it sounds like you have had some nice time together. sorry i dont buy heinz so no wrappers from me! if i get some i will keep them for you.
    MD - great news about FDC when will E start?? when is your dh away again? WHOA at the 5 prams - that is a fact that stuck in my head when i read the posts!!! LOL!
    Gracie - do it re the hair! i bet it will look great and it will be easier too. i cut mine off a few mnths ago and am really happy with it. good luck with the shopping!!! and have fun in syd - we are also thinking we may go up this weekend as one of my best friends had a baby last week (zac) and I am bursting to meet him! umm flying tips - you would think i would have some since N has been on about 15 flights... i think you use a sling so obv def carry him in that, wear something easy to bfeed (there is quite little room to do it), i usually tie a heap of toys on ribbon so that i can rotate them easily (ie not digging in bag) and i can hold one end so when N drops the toy i can pick them up without leaning down into the floor if that makes sense. i didnt usually reall yget to eat on the plane so have a little snack before (if your dp will be with you this will be a bit easier)...dont get there too early unless you have lounge access - hard to entertain a littly in the airport! have fun!!! i find N usually is great on the plane but has totally had enough by the time i transfer him to a hire car at the other end and start driving so i often have a coffee and give hima chg and a feed as soon as we get off the plane - this makes it better. also chg himbefore the flight - chging in the toilets is SQUISHY!!!! so avoid at all costs!!
    Jaz - good to hear from you!!
    Sherie - thanks for checking up re Queenie have been worried about her so glad she is ok. do you knbow what happened to Cindy (Joelsgirl) 0- she used to post so much and we have not heard from her in the longest time. i also wonder about Liddlepixie and hope she is ok.
    i made the beetroot on the weekend and N loves it. i also made some rhubarba nd apple - what a hit!!! i need to cook up some more veges and meat as he is running out. the insatiable appetite continues!!! hey when can they have kiwi and why do we hold back?
    Clare - hoep you are feeling better today and that Leila got some sleep last night. i hope you find out what is going on at care...
    ok i am going to sign off while the goings good and before i lose this post!! hi to everyone i have missed and i will be better at posting soon...

HAPPY BDAY ARTE!!!!!! I cant believe he forgot! Make him PAY BIG TIME for that!!!
    xxx

Happy Birthday Arte!!!!!!!

(Sorry I missed it in your post - my bad!)

ART Have a Wonderful Day
    Renee- I will try and Remember to keep them for you.
    Gracie- Yep get it all cut off. I did and feel great
    Noni - I hope Asha has a better night tonight
    Sherie- Enjoy your Mumma time Hope A has a better night
    MD- How is E going?
    Pregpan- Sorry to hear about your DH going away
    Hayley- Congrats on 2 date nights you lucky girl.

Well All is well in our house hold. Finished off the front yard yesterday and potted the plants. The wedding was great on sunday. Olivias teeth arent to far away now. Poor bubba.

Hello to all and have a great day

The Gallery link is definately there - I have it on the BB skin now and it is on the top menu bar - there is User Profile - blogs - faqs - member list - arcade - classifieds - gallery - etc.

Leanne, so I take it that the boys are well too? If they are that is great - poor little fellas have had such a bad run. Fingers crossed Olivia's teeth are through soon.

Gracie, I just checked that pic and you should DO IT!!!! that is how I would love my hair to be, but I get this mongrel, uncontrollable curl in my hair when it is that length and I can't do anything with it.

Pregpan, Cindy was on earlier last month, but she spends a lot of time on another forum now.
    I have no idea about the kiwi - mine never really liked it till they were older anyway and now they love them.

Sherie, the gallery is still up the top, it has just disappeared from the top right corner of the text box near the location, mood, post count, rep points are

Speaking of missing people, has Ozstar been on lately? She hasn't posted for a while. Hope all is o.k.

Pregpan, I think that Kiwifruit (not Kiwi - that is a rare native NZ bird lol) has a reasonably high rate of allergic reactions so that is probably why people hold off, like strawberries.
    Last edited by Artechim; May 6th, 2008 at 12:11 PM.

Sherie- Yep the boyz are great ATM thanks.

Leemar, sorry I missed you in my post before, I swear each new thing I think of pushes something else out

Glad the boys are o.k. Hope Olivia's teeth come through soon. How are J's toilet problems now? Is that an ongoing thing? How is O going in daycare?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast