Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

i know!!!! i actually really like sussan. i think she's very pretty and articulate and handled herself really well when they were attacking her. i felt sorry for her!!
    i thought it was sort of funny when they were all calling sarah canada immature when she's only 23yo iykwim? it's like they all expected her to act like a 40yo or something?? i was so bl44dy immature when i was 23!

Agnes - Thats so scary, I'm glad that you are ok. Thank god Will wasnt in the car. It doesnt matter how safely you drive, theres always idiots on the road and that scares me alot.

MD - Ohhhh no I feel terrible!!! I hope tonight E is easier on you.

Gracie - Good luck with the contest! You'd think being a bonds contest they'd dress their bubs in bonds!

Cally - Yep laser treatment. Thats silly that they want an extra $20!

Pregpan - Ohhh inlaws have no idea do they? I'm sorry to hear that Noah is still a bit unwell, the poor guy, this bug has hit him hard. When is your DH home?

I got a package full of surfie clothes for Maddie today from my SIL in Melb who has just come back from Penang. So Maddie is going to look like a real surfy chick this summer. I cant wait to go to Penang if this is the kinda clothing I can get for her!!!

Agnes, you need to go to the dr and report it because your insurance will pay for the medical bills. It's quite important to do this in case it turns into a long term back/neck problem. Have you spoken to your insurance company yet? Give them a call and they will tell you which repairers to go to so that you don't have to pay any money yourself. Tell them you will be going to the doctors as well. xxx

Thanks MD, i honestly didnt know about that. Glad you mentioned that. Will try to book in to the dr tomorrow.

Hayley, rofl on Maddie and the pen, too bad you didnt get a photo. When are you going to penang? I am from indonesia, so we speak similar language and have similar weather, food, etc. Let me know if you want to know how to say 'thanks' or other words in malay.

Gracie, how nice! Some retail therapy and a happy bub in the photo. Hope he gets it!

BBL for more personals, DH has just arrived
    Last edited by spring_ag; May 16th, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

Hi Girls!

We had a pretty interesting day to say the least... we were almost involved in a car accident. Leila was in the car (frikkin scary!).

the near crash we were in involved us and a massive f*@k off truck. we were waiting at traffic lights and he tried to run a red around a corner and his carriage came OVER the top our car!!!!! the wheel bumped the back of our car and that is when lorenzo lost it and started going psycho. i was already taking off my belt to get to leila! LOL, probably not the smartest thing, but hey, wadda ya gunna do?!
    And then about an hour later we came across the lygon street accident. there were cars everywhere and it was pandemonium, people were running everywhere. what is up with all the crazy drivers??? what's the rush people???

Sorry enough of my tangent!

MD: thank goodness that you have the qe2 option. i hope that things start to get better soon. i know that i go bonkers when leila is up more than twice a night, so i can only imagine what it's like for you these nights. to you!

Pregpan: OMG! i would have just lost the plot if the ILs tried that one on me!! HA! give me a nice hotel room and a good nights sleep any day! especially knowing that my baby is in good hands!!!!

Noni: the AIO cloths are great!! bit pricey but sooo worth it! I bought a bulk lot of 'Bum Genius' ones for around $500 (for 26) and haven't looked back. they are soo cute with loads of bright colours. and also they last until they are toilet trained as they grow with them....

anyway i had better dash and rain is expected tonight around 10pm and i have to get the washing in...oh happy days....how i wish i was a millionare and didnt have to worry about such trivialities!!!

loads of smiles and BIG MASSIVE LONG SLEEPS to you all and the babies tonight! LOL!! Noni...time for you to send out the sleep vibes again!

Clare

Glad to hear lots of Sept babies are crawling, yay! William is forward crawling too, it started on Sunday and suddenly yesterday he was everywhere. Now I need to figure out how to baby-proof the house or perhaps how to house-proof the baby LOL.
    Somehow he skipped commando after spending ages on backwards commando crawl.
    Makes me wonder, perhaps the night screaming is a combination of growth spurt and teething.

Leanne, lol at you jumping into the boys bed

Noni, Asha looks so cute in the cloth nappy

Pregpan, I really hope Noah gets better soon, poor baby. The gastro W had last time from childcare was a bad one too, all the babies in his room had it, even the carers. Sorry about the ILs, what were they thinking

MD, I've called the insurance company but the girl that I talked too didnt know most of info I needed. Glad the FDC went well.
    I hope E sleeps well tonight so you too can get some rest. If it makes you feel better, we have been having terrible nights here too with lots of crying and unsettledness. Finger crossed you get to go to QE2 soon.

Clare, aww hugs to you, thats scary. I am always afraid with big trucks. How are you feeling? Have a cuppa if you're still shaking.

Arte, thanks for the news on Katie. Sorry about the bath and the house, is there any chance you can make some changes to the house to make it more safe? Hope things get better with you and DH.

Cally, sounds like K is doing really well with sleeping and resetlling, thats fantastic. Btw, W loves drinking water too. I think sippy cup is his fav thing atm

Jazmum, no sleeping through here

Renee, 370 wow thats a good excuse to buy more albums and frames lol. He looks so cute on the photo, love the big smiles

Sherie, I hope A is sleeping well for you

More sleeping vibes to everyone ....

Alister is not sleeping well still. Am at a bit of a loss as to what to do next about it. The other kids weren't like this at all with teething - not to this extent anyway. To make it harder, he just doesn't seem to like sleeping in his cot ATM, not even for day sleeps now. So I have no idea whether I did inadvertently do the wrong thing by putting him in our bed. We have decided that he will not come into our bed, but I will stand there and just keep my hand firmly on his back while he settles and nods off again or otherwise he tries to sit up. Hard work and exhausting for me, but he seems to be fine while I do that until he is asleep again.

Miserable and cold here today with a bit of rain on and off. Netball was cancelled, but the football was moved to the indoor basketball stadium - not a great deal warmer but it was out of the wind at least. Got some great bargains on Ralph Lauren shirts for Alister too - $9.99 each off ebay from the US and the guy has already sent them to me. I don't even care if they are knock-offs at that price LOL.

oh clare you poor thing how scarey! i saw that lygon st crash on the news. it looked awful i hate hoon drivers. i can't stand people that are willing to put other peoples' lives at risk like that.

sherie- sorry to hear you're having a hard time with alister sleeping atm. how long do you usually have to leave your hand on his back for before he goes to sleep? lewis refuses to do daysleeps in his cot too. atm he's asleep on my lap on the couch. it's a PITA

agnes- w sounds like he's coming along great guns re crawling that's awesome. do you need to do lots to your place to babyproof it?

hayley- are you going to penang? i must have missed that one!

it's a horrible day here. p8ssing down with rain. dp was going to work on the deck all day but it's too cold for that. we've just lit a roaring fire and i'm relaxing in front of it with lewis napping in my arms

Its not that long Gracie, at best 5 mins at worst 10minutes. Its the leaning over the cot rail that makes it hard, but I can't put it down or otherwise he would want to get out.

oh that's not too bad i guess sherie, i had images of you standing there rolling your eyes for an hour with your hand on his little back! lmao
    how many teeth does alister have now?

Nah, nowhere near that bad LOL, but it is a pain when you are doing it at least once every hour. He still only has three teeth ATM.

Sherie - I guess you are already using panadol or neurofen, so all I can say is I hope the teeth come through quickly. Are you up every hour throughout the night? You must be exhausted.

Clare - How scary for you! Was the truck driver driving dangerously? I'm glad that nothing terrible happened, but must have given you a fright.

MD - Forgot to mention the other day that I'm glad E's first day at FDC went well. How many days a week is she going?

Gracie - Yep going to KL & Penang in Sept. Its all booked and paid for now we're just hanging to go! Your relaxing day in sounds perfect.

Agnes - Thanks for the offer, I will ask you how to say certain words closer to the time because theres no way I could remember them come Sept.

We went out for dinner last night with friends (mum babysat) and I drank far too much wine. This morning I dragged myself out of bed I feel terrible, but its all self inflicted so I'm trying to get over it and get on with it lol.

Also just wanted to add, I put Maddie down to sleep on her back in her cot, and often I will walk in to check on her and find she has rolled to her tummy and is fast asleep. She looks so uncomfy though because she hangs both her legs out through the rails in the cot, god knows how she gets them in there in the first place. I always move her back to her back but DP says just leave her she's fine, what do you think?
    Last edited by Isadora; May 17th, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

Hayley - I just leave K in whatever position she falls asleep in. We had two shocking episodes where I tried rolling her over and woke her up and there was no way on earth she was going back to sleep. So for my own sanity she sleeps in whatever position she falls asleep in. She's been able to roll from her front since December so I'm not worried about her getting stuck (and I figure she'll yell loudly if she needs me!)

Clare - scary crash!! Glad you're all OK. Was the car very damaged?

Gracie - oh, a fire sounds lovely. I've just popped the heater on but it's not nearly as nice.

Sherie - sleeping vibes out to Alister. Yay for the bargain shirts!

Little Miss K seems to have decided that 30 minutes is plenty of time for a day nap. Not impressed!

She did a big poo while she was strapped into DH in the Bjorn while we were in KMart. He wasn't coping with the smell at all. And it made us completely forget that the main reason we were there was to look at safety gates! Oh well, on the list for next weekend!

Cally, I bet he thought the world was going to end because he had to put up with a stinky bot-bot LOL.

Hayley, yeah, I alternate between the two because I really don't like to use nurofen much at all, but it does seem more effective for teething pain. He does have at least one long stretch of around 3, sometimes 4hrs where he doesn't wake, but from about midnight onwards he is up - you can nearly set your watch by it, it is that predictable now.

Clare, I completely missed the bit about your accident, so sorry! - how are you feeling today though? Not sore or anything? I would have really scared both of you.

Alister has not long woken up from a 3hr sleep - he does seem to be suffering a bit from all the wake ups too, even though he never completely wakes during the night kwim? Fingers crossed this will get him through now till bedtime.

afternoon everyone
    clare - you poor thing!!! that must have been incredibly scary for you.
    hayley - hannah has slept on her tummy since she was born. if she rolled into that position and you follow all of the other guidelines closely, then i'm sure she'll be fine.
    bummer about the hangover. i think the next time i have a drink (whenever i finish breastfeeding) it's going to go straight to my head - as i really haven't had a drink since i was pregnant with jess!!
    cally - that is so funny about your dh.you'll have to let him know that he's been keping us all amused lately
    sherie - i find it hard to settle hannah in her cot too. as soon as i put her in she stands up. i've got to work something out though - i'd hate for the girls to remember their early childhood with a cranky mummy

Jaz, I've been thinking about that a lot lately too. I think back to when I was young and I can't really remember my mum being cranky at us, but no doubt she was at times. So I take solace that maybe they wont remember it, but then they might too kwim?

Clare, how scary! So glad you're alright. I saw a road train go thru a red light (it was properly red) and nearly take out a small car with three kids in the back, so I followed him, got the number plate and dobbed him in to the police. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen if more women with kids drove trucks! Scary stuff.

Jazmum, I think I'm a cranky mummy too but DD doesn't. It's because it's balanced out by all the nice time we have together. That's my theory anyway.

Sherie, I ask myself how long I can keep giving Panadol/nurofen before it just gets ridiculous. She's been teething constantly for 2 1/2 months and still only one toofie to show for it. We've put E back on the Zantac tho just in case it's reflux not toofies keeping her up. WTG on your ebay bargains!

LOL Cally at your DH being strapped to the stinky bub! Remember when those BF poos hardly smelt at all??

Arte, was it you who asked about the signing? E has just "twigged" these last few days that certain signs are being repeated, she's started watching me really carefully now. She was hitting her tummy today when I offered her booby but I don't know if she was just excited and flapping her arm or if she's trying to copy, KWIM? So far we're doing eat/food/hungry (same sign), drink, boobie, duck, pussy cat, and I reckon she's going to start signing back soon. I saw the light come on in her eyes LOL.

Wonder how Noah is going today. Pregpan did they say when you'd get the pathology results back?

Hayley, just two days a week for 5 hours (during school hours) but we will increase that to 3 days when DH leaves. Though we went shopping yesterday and she sat up in the trolley for the first time and was quite happy to watch everything going on.

Gracie, I'd loooove your roaring fire right now. We have very comfortable but non-atmospheric central heating here! V cold here today too.

sherie - my mum is a nurse and she used to work night shift a couple of nights a week - i remember those cranky times lol. (especially when she used to do our hair for school in the morning) i also remember my dad doing all of the fun stuff - playing with us in the yard etc. I guess 'cause mum was busy taking care of all the housework etc. I want my girls to remember me as a fun mummy too
    anyway - off to get tea ready bbl

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast