Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born September 2007 #30

Hi everyone
    thanks for all your thoughts Chloe is still with us, (thank goodness) but is still not eating. The girls are a little sad, I'm trying to prepare them for the time she passes.

Clare - thanks - she's quite old, and I think her time has come. She's walking very slowly and didn't even want to chase the frisbee (which for her is a major sign) I haven't phoned the vet, probably a bit worried that they might want to euthenise (spelling????) her. re the panadol - give the dose according to her weight.

Cally - re egg - i haven't given it to Hannah yet either. In my A K cookbook, she says to cook scrambled eggs - but to make sure the egg is really well cooked.

Sherie - hope you're feeling better today and the doctor saw you straight away. Sounds like you were in immense pain. Alister is doing well with his sleeping now isn't he.

Pregpan - you poor thing, and poor little Noah. I hope he starts to improve really quickly.

Renee - have fun at mothers group.

I think i'm starting to be a little anti social at the moment. I think i've gone through this phase with all three girls. All i want to do is be at home with my family. There have been a few morning teas at school/kindy that i have missed - and normally i like to be involved. I'm even a lot quieter when waiting with the mums in the afternoon. I just want to get home. Anyone else feel like this? Maybe i'm just feeling a little tired.
    Geez i'm a sooky la la at the moment hey!!! lol.

JaZmum, I hope your poor Chloe is o.k. You should try the vets, it could be something as simple as a sore tooth putting her off her food. My IL's dog is about 16 and they thought he was done because he had fluid around his heart, was deaf and barely moved and then he had a course of antibiotics for something else and is doing well again. I would be very upset if my doggie got sick, I also feel guilty because she doesn't get much attention now that W is here.

Sherie - every night of the week! I think our record since W was 3 times in one week and that was a freak occurrence. I don't think we have been an every night couple since we were first together and we used to ditch uni lectures to stay home and shag lol the good old days.

Cas, good luck with your paper. I seem to remember life being easier a couple of weeks ago before W figured out this crawling business.

Renee, hope your mothers group is good. I am far happier now that I am going to playcentre, it makes a huge difference to get out of the house and talk to other people twice a week.

Noni, how are you? Hope everything is o.k. I know you were having a bit of trouble a few weeks ago, are you feeling better now? How is your DP's new job going? Any luck with houses?

MD, lucky Miss E didn't have a sinister namesake LOL. DH used to work with a Wayne Kerr. Every time they had a fire drill they firemen thought someone had added the name to the list as a joke lol Luckily DH has an uncommon surname, the only other W I can google with that name is DH's grandfather (whom he was named after)

I just went to the pharmacy and as luck would have it they have the entire Weleda range so I am going to give that a try because W kept waking with sad moans and grizzles last night. I can see big mounds on his gums but can't see any teeth there yet.

Does it matter which way they crawl? DH is worried because W is crawling using one foot and one knee. He has been reading up and is worried about coordination and thinks he needs to crawl the normal way. I thought as long as it was coordinated between both body sides it was alright, does anyone know anything about it? .

Arte, there isn't a right or a wrong way for them to do it. I don't think it would affect his co-ordination at all. A girl that was a bit younger than Lindsay used to get by with shuffling on her bum, but she would have one leg tucked down beside her and she would pull herself along with the other leg - strangest thing I ever saw LOL but it worked for her - by golly she was quick.

Jaz, I get like that sometimes too. I'm just not a 'stop and chat' person when I do the pick ups for school etc, but some mums get there at least 15mins early so they can sit and gossip. I like social events, but I can go for ages and not call my mum or see her or anything, I just prefer my own company at times.

Hi Girls,

Jazmum- I feel like that too. I am also feeling like I am becoming boring and not fun any more. I really dont know whats going on with me. When we do go out I would rather listen to everyone rather than talk. Really weird for me as I am the one that usually talks to everyone. Sorry to hear about chloe.
    Claire- I go by weight when giving medi
    Noni- Yeah lucky me I am starting to organise Olivias birthday too.
    MD- I usually make the cake but dont want to do my head in this year so I have asked
    my MIL to make it.
    Olivia's Birthday - I was thinking of having a Pink Party
    Cally- I hope it doesnt come back on Jordy. As for the Partys I try to be organised.

better go I have to do the wages.

Gosh, 1st birthdays - I haven't even thought that far ahead yet.

Leanne, I hope Jordy is OK after the prodecure and that it sorts him out - not to mention the stress levels on you hun. I can't believe the boys are nearly 3! you must surely be asking yourself where has that time gone.

Ive already started buying for Rory's 1st birthday haha! Ive bought pooh bear napkins, cups and paper plates. Ive also bought him two birthday prezzies! I need to order his pooh bear cake soon, im going to the same guy who made our wedding cake. It was Sooo beautiful and YUMMY!

Not too sure about playgroup, Rory was by far the youngest. All the other kids were about 15 months!!

Art - Sounds like his teeth are slowly coming through.

Hi everyone, just back from an excellent op shopping trip, scored some priceless kid's books in mint condition plus a gorgeous skirt for Miss H which I know she will just love! E was good as gold at FDC again, the FDC lady says she'll have 10 of the same, thanks very much LOL!

Jazmum - ooh poor Chloe. I was always scared to take Beags to the vet when she got old but a couple of times I put it off and it turned out it was something simple, like Arte said. Anyway, we knew for sure when the time came, it's like she knew she was ready to go. It will be sad leaving our house here because she's under the apple tree now. I still feel her around sometimes though, it's like I catch glimpses of her every now and again.

Sherie, ouch those pains sounds terrible. I hope the dr has some answers for you! Oh dear I'm pretty sure I need to be whisked off on some romantic weekend before I can muster the mojo on two consecutive nights LOL! I guess you've got to know how to entertain yourselves when you live in the country

Renee, keep going to playgroup hun! The bubs around Rory's age will start coming along once you get to the 1 yo-ish mark and by then you'll know everyone who's there already and it will be sweet.

Cally, re the egg yolk, I'm just going to start with a little bit in something, for two or three days in a row (and watch for a reaction), then I will start increasing the amount. Not quite ready for it yet, we're still starting on dairy right now. Ah your poor sis - you will definitely have to come up more often and just remember MD is always up for a coffee/or a playdate for the girls somewhere (I've just learnt all about places that have play rooms in the ACT).

Well I have most definitely made a new friend too, I think we might be doing coffee next week!

Noni, I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you're getting along. Are you still doing WW's? I bought some scales because that's the only way I'm ever going to motivate myself plus I'm really just hungry all the time. Re the soups, I've decided I'm going to pick a veggie soup each week and make a pot because it's a nice filling snack that's actually pretty healthy. I'm going to start with mushroom soup this weekend - yum! I googled E's name (first name surname) and it turns out there's this really famous jazz/broadway singer that only died recently with the exact same name LOL!

Ahh, I've forgotten everything else, brain dump, I think I need to go and wake up el brainio with a cup of tea.

Arte: LOL! ditching lectures for afternoon shennanigans was an institution for DH and i in the early days!...

Renee: bummer that the other kiddies are so much older! have you joined through playgroup? is there any other groups that you could check out?? although you never know, it may turn out to be fun after all! especially as the bubs get older and the months dont make so much of a difference...leila is the oldest in her group by at least 2 months. the biggest gap is 5 months, and at this early stage it is a big difference: especially now that she is crawling! i can see the fear in the eyes of the other mums as my daughter beelines for their bubs toys!! LOL!!

Jaz: yeah, IKWYM about calling the vet. i did the same with my cat Cassius.

Clare, ah, just remembered what I was going to post that I forgot -about your paracetamol - I usually just give where in the range I think DD is. If DD is at the bottom end of the weight range, I give the lowest dose, if she's in the middle, I give an amount in the middle of the range and if she's near the top I give the full dose. Sometimes I err on 0.1ml more because we often get a bit spat out.

Hayley - sorry hun I didn't mean to alarm you, I'm just always paranoid about (me) not reading the label properly and then I thought you probably have a different mixture. If you ask for the infant drops at the pharmacy then you'll only have to give 2 mls which is a lot easier to get in!

How many bubs are still having 3 day sleeps? I'm considering ditching K's third sleep, we've had so little luck with getting her down for it lately and frankly I'm over going in every couple of minutes to resettle her constantly for 45 minutes. At least if she is up I can get something done!

Nope, only 2 sleeps here, Cally! You might have to stretch Katie a bit so the 2 nap times suit you a bit better.

hi everyone
    SHERIE - how are you hon? been thinking of you all day!
    Clare - aaah so thats where you got your name from - i'd love to know how all of us with not IRL names chose them. Mine is that my DH callsme pan (pronounced pun)and so I chose that name when i was pregnant. i wonder if i should chg it to mumpan now LOL!!! or just wait and freak you all out with a chg to pregagainpan when the time comes... yeah it hink i will do that!!
    MD - I will also be up for coffee soon i promise - i am so sorry we havent been able to meet up, i am taking some time to adjust to this new work/home balance etc and having DH away so much but i will be back on the social scene too i am sure.
    Jaz i know how you feel - i go through stages like that too... i was v antisocial when i was preg.
    Renee - keep going to the playgroup for a few wks and see how it turns out, as the others said maybe the age gaps wont feel so big in a few months? and at least the other mums there will bea good souce for info??
    I have just started to think about N'd 1st bday - dont know if i should do something here or back in melb (or both) - thinking maybe something kiddy like for the kids - some sort of theme and then champagne ****tails for thw adults to celebrate DH and I making it through year 1 LOL!! after all 1st bday parties are pretty much more for the parents dont you think. I will def tall our friends no presents (maybe charity donation or gifts for the women's shelter or something) as mr N is rather spoilt and I dont want it to be an expense for our friends to celebrate with us. I guess we are priveleged enough to be able to buy him what he wants/needs now and he doesnt know if he gets a gift so i would prefer it not to be a gift fest!
    MD i will have to google N's name - how bizarre. funny i never thought to do that when i names him i hope there isnt some famous axe murderer out there with his name!! LOL!

ETA Cally - we are lucky to get 2 day sleeps now... and they are SHORT! little bugger!

Arte - I read in a book just the other day that it doesnt matter how bubs crawl, just as long as they are moving around. Some bubs even bottle shuffle apparently and I had to check that out on you tube because I didnt know what it is. Its so cute!!!

Pregpan - I've often wondered where you got your screen name from! LMAO at the pregagainpan!!! How is Noah doing? So sorry to hear that he's unwell again.

Leanne - I LOVE the idea of a pink party!

Cally - We have two sleeps here as well, but every now and then she slips in a short third nap. If you keep her up will she be a grumpy bum come bed time? I wish I could go to bed at 8.30 but I feel like I dont stop running around the house till 9ish, then I need time to unwind. When I was pregnant I was tucked up in bed by 9, I was so exhausted.

Renee - Oh thats a shame that the kids were much older. Are you going to go back? You are so organised, I havent even thought of a 1st birthday yet. I am off to the chemist this arvo thanks for your tip!!

MD - I like your idea with the egg. Introducing egg makes me nervous. Do you think its something that can wait till 12 months or should I try it earlier than that? I cant get Maddie to eat meat let alone egg lol.

Jazmum - I've always been a bit of a homebody. Even at 18 when going out with friends I couldnt wait to get home lol. I dont think its such a big deal, you arent totally antisocial you still go out and do things. I'm so sorry about Chloe. We lost our family dog when I was 15 and we'd had him since I was about 1. My mum had him cremated and we scattered some of his ashes in Denmark (south WA Denmark not o/seas LOL) and some in Lancelin (north of Perth) as we lived in Denmark for years and spent many many weekends and holidays at Lancelin, he loved both places. Its very sad, they become part of your family. She sounds like she has lived a great life so far.

Sherie - My gosh what did the doc say? Sounds painful.

Clare - Congrats on the crawling!!!

Noni - Yep I am off to get the dropper neurofen today, I didnt even know there was a difference. Sounds alot easier than trying to get the thick 4 mls down bub's throat!

Girls I am SO proud of myself. I got a friggen HD (high distinction) for my first uni essay. To top it off the lecturer told me out of a class of 80ish only five people got HD's and I was one of em WOO HOO!!

Hayley - You go girl!!!!!! I'm so proud of you - in an online buddy kind of way
    re egg - my gp told me to have given Hannah egg before her 12 month immunisation - something to do with the way they produce the vaccine. Sherie or Marydean may have a more knowledgeable answer for you.

pregpan - is 'pan' a shorter version of your name? How is your little man today?
    i like your idea about party guests donating money instead of a present. I would like to do that too, but i don't want Hannah to grow up and say ' Hey guys,why did you choose me to be the charitable one??"
    re my name - you've probably guessed that it stands for Jessica and Zoe's mum. On a couple of sites that require passwords, i'm now JaZaHMum.

Cally - Hannah has 2 sleeps only because we're in and out of the house so much. She always looks ready for a sleep after being awake for 2 hours.

glad to see i'm not the only one with the anti-social tendencies at present (that's me being anti-social lol)
    leanne - i tend to be a listener as well. I guess at the moment all i have to offer conversation wise is to with my kids (and the crap shows i watch on tv!!)

My bubba is 9 months old today!!!

Hayley, WOOHOO on the HD, well done.

Noni, it was W's first time painting. We did it outside on the deck on the shower curtain I use under the high chair. It was very messy and I spent most of the time trying to keep everything out of his mouth lol

Pregpan, I have always wondered where your name came from. Mine is just a mix of my cat and dog, Artemis and Chimaera.

MD, yay for your new friend! Makes life a lot better.

Sherie, hope you got in to see the doctor about that pain. Do you have any ovarian cysts? I have heard similar descriptions when a cyst pops.

Cally, some days W has 3 naps, but since we started playgroup twice a week he more often has 2 a day now, one at lunchtime when we get home and another around 3 or 4. Sometimes if we are at home he will have a morning one too. I would give it a try skipping it, it is a PITA when you have to keep going in there. Where abouts are your parents going (I am sure you have said but I forgot)

I tried the Weleda powder, not sure what the go was though - he had the grizzliest afternoon of his entire life. And DH was away for a work dinner (read free 5 star food and drink while I am at home with grumpy baby). I gave him some panadol, but even that didn't do a lot.

that's so cool about all the names!! and now with you guys explaining them it all makes sense!! LOL!

Thanks for the info on panadol! i was having doubts as to what we were giving her, but now i feel much better!

Leila had a great day at kindy today. the old carer is back and i think the fact that she can crawl is helping...no more frustration at watching the other bubs go by...

Hayley: woo hoo on the HD! pretty frikkin impressive being one of only 5! the good news is that the lecturer will remember you next time, not just another face in the crowd! work it baby work it!! LOL!

Cally: we usually just have the 2 sleeps. sometimes though leila will have an extra one thrown in...

JazMum: congrats to H on the 9 month mark! it's so strange seeing our little bubs growing so fast. i have been updating leila's memory book and looking back at her when she was just born sent twinges all through me! not that i miss the 2-3 hourly feeds and sleepless nights though!!

yep, have to say that i am not big on convos or going out lately either...at mums group i tend to be pretty quiet. every week we go through what we did the last week and i can never remember!

Might stretch her out a bit then during the day. She isn't particularly grumpy if she doesn't have the last sleep, but she looks exhausted (I had 4 yawns during dinner and she had bags under her eyes). Might stick with the third nap on days when she only has a short morning nap.

Arte - my parents are going on a 4WD trip to the Kimberley area. They are doing approximately 17,000km. I hate to imagine how much they are spending on fuel!!

Well my name is related to my real life name (Caroline). My nickname is Cal, but DH always calls me Cally.

Hayley - Yay on the HD!! Way to go, very impressive when you haven't studied for a while and fitting it in around Maddie. Once DD is in bed it is relaxing time. I try and do all my chores during the day fitting in around sleeps so then it is blobby time. DH does the dishes while I put K to bed so it is always nice to come back out to a nice clean kitchen.

Pregpan - will have to get the 3 of us together when I am up in Canberra, I want to see N's gorgeous hair IRL!!

Re egg - if a recipe calls for 2 eggs, but I am just doing yolk, should I do 3?

here here on a canberra catch up! we are going to be in 'the nations capital' just after the 11 june (DH has a job in wollongong so we are checking the place out - driving - egad)...so if anyone wants to break out of the house for coffee we should tee it up!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast